PDA

View Full Version : Need help in replacing a dying racquet!

wt888usa
05-13-2005, 12:23 PM
I need help in finding a replacement racquet for my girlfriend, since her frame is starting to get old and may not survive another restringing. It is currently a Wilson Hammer 4.0 (head heavy of course), Stretch (so the 28.5 length will be hard to replace), 18x20 stringbed, and 95 sq. in. head size. Pretty unique racquet, so i'm having some troubles finding a good replacement. She likes to hit flat shots and flat serves, and currently enjoys the extra power the hammer and stretch give her, but also likes the control of the 95 and 18x20. I'm currently looking at these choices:

Wilson n5 MP
Wilson n6 MP
Wilson nTour 95
Wilson nTour 105
Wilson nPro
Wilson nPro Surge

Can you help me narrow this list to 2 or 3 that she should demo? or have any other suggestions from other brands or even from wilson (shark?)?

smashserve9566
05-13-2005, 12:59 PM
From what ive heard and my freinds playing with them the n5 and the nPro are prolly the best for what you are looking for. the n5 has a good amount of "stiffness" so you dont have to swing really hard to get a good hit on it. i dont know as much about the nPro but my friend has it and he loves it and he plays a pretty similar game. so the n5 and nPro would prolly be the best.

Steve Huff
05-13-2005, 08:42 PM
You could probably still find a Yonex RD 70 Long. They are 95 (or 98) sq in and 28" long. They are low-powered too.