PDA

View Full Version : Pure drive vs Pure storm??

Serena2
05-13-2005, 01:24 PM
what u think?

donnyz89
05-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Storm...

more flexble, not as rough on your arms. more control imo... same power, same control, great looks... so storm wins.

TwistServe
05-13-2005, 01:34 PM
PD+ because its got some nice power and spin .. you should be able to keep the ball in the court if Roddick can.. just put LOTS of spin

Serena2
05-13-2005, 01:34 PM
ok, how different are the storm and the storm mp?

donnyz89
05-13-2005, 01:42 PM
PD+ because its got some nice power and spin .. you should be able to keep the ball in the court if Roddick can.. just put LOTS of spin

roddick's racquet is not anything like the ones we buy so dont compare to roddick.

as for spin and power, storm is no less than pure drive. the key here is flexibility which storm is great at and drive is lack of.

hadoken
05-13-2005, 01:54 PM
I could have sworn Roddick was one of the few players who actually admits that he uses fairly stock racquets, but I could be wrong.

The PD has a ton more power. Storm is great (I use it), but more demanding.

Jonnyf
05-13-2005, 01:58 PM
roddick only has lead on his he expressed his delight at how "anyone could walk into a shop buy a PD+ his string combo and lead and have the same racquet

TwistServe
05-13-2005, 02:05 PM
roddick's racquet is not anything like the ones we buy so dont compare to roddick.

as for spin and power, storm is no less than pure drive. the key here is flexibility which storm is great at and drive is lack of.

Roddick definitely has the same racquet with some modifications that YOU can make yourself. He's racquet is not customized by Babolet.

nn
05-13-2005, 02:11 PM
yeah true he is using stock racquet with minor changes. so many close picture has revealed that he is using stock racquet with lead..

I can't imagine playing without PD+. It has bring my tennis game to different level and confidence as well. But every player is different no matter he is pro or club player..so result vary from player to player

Jonnyf
05-13-2005, 02:49 PM
PD+ has improved me too

DANMAN
05-13-2005, 04:20 PM
The Pure Storm to me did not have nearly as much spin potential as the Pure Drive. I enjoyed the feel of the Storm and imagine I could get used to it, but I would imagine it would be better for a flatter hitter. The flexier stick and the 16*20 pattern do not produce as much power as the PD, which is stiffer (and has a slightly less dense pattern). Give them both a try...the Storm is definitely a more comfortable hit, but I do not find the Drive to be uncomfortable, and I have been playing with it for ~4 years.