PDA

View Full Version : Nadal and Tsonga racket

leoresende2007
05-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Nadal was(or is) using a PJ. Tsonga can be using APD original, APDcortex or APDGT. Anyone got or saw they frame THIS YEAR? Are you sure?

BobFL
05-16-2010, 01:41 PM
Tsonga's racquet does have cortex. I can tell you that much....

leoresende2007
05-18-2010, 08:08 AM
Tsonga's racquet does have cortex. I can tell you that much....

APDC or APDGT?

PED
05-18-2010, 08:12 AM
APDC or APDGT?

There's no way to tell unless you're talking to Tsonga directly. His stick has the apd gt graphics and you couldn't tell which since both apdc and gt version have cortex.

leoresende2007
05-18-2010, 08:38 AM
There's no way to tell unless you're talking to Tsonga directly. His stick has the apd gt graphics and you couldn't tell which since both apdc and gt version have cortex.

Or somebody can string for him and see it

Rockitdog
05-18-2010, 11:06 AM

Great idea, why don't you string it and find out for us!

Dave M
05-18-2010, 11:09 AM

How could you tell by looking?

PED
05-18-2010, 11:14 AM
How could you tell by looking?

Quote for truth. There's no way to tell, plus they don't play all that differently in my experience with them.

TennezSport
05-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote for truth. There's no way to tell, plus they don't play all that differently in my experience with them.

Both of their racquets are heavily customized and Tsonga's racquet is much heavier than Rafa's. Both use polarized weighting in the head and handle to achieve the desired performance.

Cheers, TennezSport :cool:

PED
05-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Both of their racquets are heavily customized and Tsonga's racquet is much heavier than Rafa's. Both use polarized weighting in the head and handle to achieve the desired performance.

I meant that there's not a world of difference between the stock apd and apdc. I used to lead up my apd with nadal specs-it was a club with a 350 SW ,but it hit a nasty ball.

Do you have any idea what Tsonga's specs are?

baseline_monster
05-19-2010, 03:05 AM
He will be using the cortex, as for if its GT or not, no one will know as its not visual. Word was he tried an APDC early last year and loved it so he may have tried a GT version as they would have been being playtested. He could even have a different lay up, main thing is, we arnt going to know

Ross K
05-23-2010, 01:36 PM
It's common knowledge how Rafa customizes his frame. How about Tsonga though?... anyone know how much lead and where?

Thanks,

R.

BobFL
05-23-2010, 02:34 PM
It's common knowledge how Rafa customizes his frame. How about Tsonga though?... anyone know how much lead and where?

Thanks,

R.

Tsonga was experimenting with different setups at the SEO. He was discussing that with other French people in the players' lounge :) I could clearly see different positions of the lead tape under overgrip...

Casco
09-03-2010, 07:19 PM

Just wondering what "polarized" weighting is.
Thanks,

PED
09-04-2010, 02:32 AM
Just wondering what "polarized" weighting is.
Thanks,

You place your lead weight or tape at the extreme ends of the stick. For instance, you place the lead tape under the bumper at the tip of your stick and you use your weight under the buttcap right at the extreme bottom of the racquet.

The weight at the extreme ends has a different effect on the way it swings as opposed to using lead at 3 and 9. I find a polarized setup swings much easier and comes around quicker.

TensProfes
09-05-2010, 10:47 AM

Out of curiosity, where did you get the info about the "polarized" aspects of their customization? What is your source? And when you say "heavily customized", which aspects are you referring to? Just weight/balance? Other?