PDA

View Full Version : 2000 French Open Men's Final: Player's frames?

Mansewerz
05-18-2010, 03:03 PM
What frame did Guga use? Paintjob and if known, the actual frame.

It looked (the paintjob I mean) like a ti series frame. If my dates are right, this should at oldest have been an intelligence series frame (if he was a prestige user, the next iteration wouldn't come out until 2001 as the LM prestige).

And what did Norman use? It looked like a wilson, but the stencil was faded.

Jonas
05-18-2010, 03:12 PM
Ahh the good ol days....

Guga was using a pt-630 with ti radical paint/luxilon strings

Norman was using a 6.1 classic with hyper carbon 6.5 paint and luxilon strings....

Those guys were using the lux way before it became main-stream....

Now Norman swings the h-22

ae1222
05-19-2010, 08:28 AM
I was a hitting partner for a pro in that tournament and I actually met Guga in the lounge while he was re-griping his sticks. I noticed it had the ti.radical paint but had the caps so I asked him about it. He confirmed he always used the PT630 and refused to switch so head painted it for him. It was the first time I had ever heard of a pj. He was a super nice guy by the way and let me inspect his sticks, it didn't have PT57A or anything in the throat, I just remember it was pretty heavy.

chancep2120
05-19-2010, 08:51 AM
I was a hitting partner for a pro in that tournament and I actually met Guga in the lounge while he was re-griping his sticks. I noticed it had the ti.radical paint but had the caps so I asked him about it. He confirmed he always used the PT630 and refused to switch so head painted it for him. It was the first time I had ever heard of a pj. He was a super nice guy by the way and let me inspect his sticks, it didn't have PT57A or anything in the throat, I just remember it was pretty heavy.

That's really cool man, totally wish I could've met Guga in his prime, and held his racquet's that he was about to play with.

rosen88
05-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Ahh the good ol days....

Guga was using a pt-630 with ti radical paint/luxilon strings

Norman was using a 6.1 classic with hyper carbon 6.5 paint and luxilon strings....

Those guys were using the lux way before it became main-stream....

Now Norman swings the h-22

Actually when I played with Norman and Söderling last week Magnus was swinging a Head i.Radical with some weight at 3 and 9. But he had a special made Wilson racket as well that he said belong to Federer, but I did not think so because it looked exactly like a PS 6.0 Original 95 with a BLX pj. Magnus usually plays with the regular kBlade tour. I will post a video of the practice on YouTube sometime during the weekend if you want to see it with your own eyes ;-).

Jonas
05-19-2010, 10:40 AM
Actually when I played with Norman and Söderling last week Magnus was swinging a Head i.Radical with some weight at 3 and 9. But he had a special made Wilson racket as well that he said belong to Federer, but I did not think so because it looked exactly like a PS 6.0 Original 95 with a BLX pj. Magnus usually plays with the regular kBlade tour. I will post a video of the practice on YouTube sometime during the weekend if you want to see it with your own eyes ;-).

Cool.
Thanks for the info.
I saw him in Cincinatti last summer practicing with Soderling and he was playing with an h-22 (100% positive), but he might have changed frames 10 times since then.

thanks,