PDA

View Full Version : your advice

nikospap
05-14-2005, 01:15 AM
Hi,

My son, 12 years old, plays tennis for three years, about 10-12 hours a week.
He uses a prince more attack s920 racquet/prince lightning xx16. A friend gave him a Volkl c10 pro 98/prince synthetic duraflex 16 to try it.
What is your oppinion about racquet choice and what is the best string for the volkl c10 pro?

Thank you very much.

aj_m2009
05-14-2005, 01:28 AM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=47647&highlight=volkl+c10+pro

Hope that helps.

Steve H.
05-14-2005, 02:30 AM
The c10 is a great frame but is quite heavy and flexible compared with most other modern racquets. If he can handle it, it will help him develop good technique and feel for the ball and add accuracy and finesse to his shots. Be aware, though, that it is much less powerful than what most kids his age are using so he might find himself swinging late, hitting short, or getting outhit by kids with lighter and stiffer frames.

Duraflex is a good, basic synthetic gut although a more powerful string like ALU will give the c10 a little more zip.

nikospap
05-14-2005, 09:11 AM
Hi Steve,

Thank you very much for your detailed advice.

erik-the-red
05-14-2005, 09:22 AM
I agree.

In the short run, a frame as demanding as the C10 may cause him to feel discouraged about his performance relative to his peers.

You might be hearing:

"How come my shots have no pace compared to (insert name here)?"
"My arm feels tired after an hour."

In the long run, provided he doesn't feel TOO discouraged, he will possess superior form, technique, and his arm won't fall off due to a light and stiff frame.

If somebody gave me a C10 Pro, try or to keep, I'd be ecstatic.