PDA

View Full Version : TWE Speed Pro demo strung with Enduro Gold

Steve F.
05-19-2010, 08:04 AM
Hi guys -

First off, I believe that you're running a great shop there, with excellent service. The fact is, no one in Paris, much less online Europe, has a demo program that works as well.

That said, I wanted to ask you guys what you're thinking when you string up your demo racquets with let's face it, the cheapest string money can buy. Wilson Enduro Gold.

I've been happy to playtest Head's Youtek Prestige range because of your excellent demo program, and every Prestige I've tested has been strung with Sonic Pro black. Earlier, when I hit with Wilson demos provided by you, they were strung with Adrenaline or Sensation.

It seems to me that before purchasing a racquet that costs about
200 euros, if isn't strung with Head's demo string of choice, it will be strung with one of similar quality. A friend recently demoed from TWE a Volkl stick which arrived with Kirschbaum Competition, for example. He bought two frames after that.

But Enduro Gold in a Speed Pro? I hit with it for 10 minutes and put it back in my bag where it stayed. In fact, I received a Speed MP demo from you last year, also strung with Enduro Pro. Also a memorable experience. :evil:

Just wondering what the thinking is at TWE for going with this cordage...

TWE Staff
05-21-2010, 03:01 AM
Hello, sorry for the inconvinience Steve.
We agree that the Head demos should have been strung with Head Strings. But the Enduro Gold is not a bad string. It is available at a very good price, but that is more because it is longer produced.

Stefan / TWE

Steve F.
05-23-2010, 03:49 PM
Thanks for your PM, Stefan.

It's not why I wrote about my concerns, but your response is much appreciated nonetheless. :)

We'll have to agree to disagree on Enduro though I suppose... IMO polyurethane is best saved for shower curtains -- while second and third generation co-poly strings bring the best out of racquets.