PDA

View Full Version : Odesnik gets 2-year doping ban

Marius_Hancu
05-19-2010, 08:53 AM
I'm really glad they banned him:

http://sports.yahoo.com/tennis/news?slug=ap-doping-odesnik

And I'm really happy to see this mentioned at the end of the article:

---
Odesnik spends part of the year training in Miami. He is coached by former top-10 player Guillermo Canas of Argentina, who served a 15-month ban in 2005-06 after failing a doping test.
----

So they deserve it, all they cheaters.

Li Ching Yuen
05-19-2010, 08:55 AM
Tennis won. Hooray.

Doubles
05-19-2010, 08:57 AM
Why should he be punished? I think that this is rather unnecessary. Sure, he was caught with HGH, but he never failed a test, implying that he never used them. They should have let him go. So far he was clean,I mean, he probably would have used them, but he hadn't been tested dirty yet, so why punish him? That makes no sense to me...

swordtennis
05-19-2010, 08:59 AM
Yep punish the peons. Doping in testing in tennis is a sham as in all sports. Not sure why busts need 2 even be posted. The top dogs will never be xposed. Governments have put gag orders and contracts out so nothing will ever be done. Yawner.

zak425
05-19-2010, 09:20 AM
Well this has got to be great news for the players around the ranking of Odesnik.

Fee
05-19-2010, 11:53 AM
Why should he be punished? I think that this is rather unnecessary. Sure, he was caught with HGH, but he never failed a test, implying that he never used them. They should have let him go. So far he was clean,I mean, he probably would have used them, but he hadn't been tested dirty yet, so why punish him? That makes no sense to me...

Possession is a punishable offense in the ITF rulebook. He got what he deserved.

pjonesy
05-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Possession is a punishable offense in the ITF rulebook. He got what he deserved.

Exactly! Absolutely no defense (or excuse) for holding HGH. Failed drug tests can be false positive. This is even worse. This idiot got caught with the goods on his person (or in his possession). He should be banned for life.

raiden031
05-19-2010, 12:32 PM

Are you freakin stupid?

stapler
05-19-2010, 12:51 PM
Odesnik gets 2-year doping ban.

Hooray!+ a yippee

sureshs
05-19-2010, 01:38 PM
What if he was carrying it to give it to some famous tennis player (I don't want to speculate who).