PDA

View Full Version : FO Draw Countdown/Discussion

bolo
05-20-2010, 01:32 PM
Supposed to be on Friday 11:30 am CET.

Here is the link I found on the RG site:

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2010-05-20/201005201274373553976.html?promo=rss

For Nadal my preference is that djokovic end up on nadal's side. I am also interested in how verdasco and nishikori do in the tournament and the draws they end up with. Can't wait for this, watching the AO draw unfold was a lot of fun. :)

Dimension
05-20-2010, 01:36 PM
My preference is to have murray, djoko and soderling on the same side of Nadal's draw, and then face fed in the final. :)

bolo
05-20-2010, 01:37 PM
My preference is to have murray, djoko and soderling on the same side of Nadal's draw, and then face fed in the final. :)

I see the alternate personality is fighting for dominance. :shock:

sdont
05-20-2010, 01:47 PM
I'd like to see Fed and Nole on the same side of the draw for once.

norbac
05-20-2010, 01:56 PM

They were on the same side last year, Nole didn't do much though.

rovex
05-20-2010, 01:59 PM
Hopefully Verdasco is on Djokovic's and Federer's half. I can foreshadow a few upsets...

sdont
05-20-2010, 01:59 PM
They were on the same side last year, Nole didn't do much though.

I forgot. I'd like to see a Fed-Nole SF though.

Li Ching Yuen
05-20-2010, 02:05 PM
I prefer to see the goddamn draw.

norbac
I forgot. I'd like to see a Fed-Nole SF though.

Agreed. I think if Nole toughens through the first few rounds we may see him reach top form again, at least I hope so.

bolo
I prefer to see the goddamn draw.

lol. 10 char. :)

Dimension
05-20-2010, 02:14 PM
I see the alternate personality is fighting for dominance. :shock:

No, I actually dropped my alternate personality a while ago. I wasn't joking when I want all djoko, murray, soderling, and federer on Rafa's path to the clown. I think Rafa is definitely capable of taking out all of them on the same path. If he accomplish that, he will further consolidate and strengthen his confidence and his place in tennis/clay. It can also silence many haters.

valiant
05-20-2010, 02:15 PM
Hi dim dim :)

batz
05-20-2010, 02:16 PM
No, I actually dropped my alternate personality a while ago. I wasn't joking when I want all djoko, murray, soderling, and federer on Rafa's path to the clown. I think Rafa is definitely capable of taking out all of them on the same path. If he accomplish that, he will further consolidate and strengthen his confidence and his place in tennis/clay. It can also silence many haters.

So you really came on to a tennis messageboard and said that you want the 2nd, 3rd and 4th seeds in one half of the draw?:confused::confused:

davey25
05-20-2010, 02:17 PM

It wouldnt mean anything since Djokovic wont be in the semis. Nor would Federer have a hard time beating him in a slam semifinal at this exact moment even if he somehow did make it that far.

Dimension
05-20-2010, 02:21 PM
So you want the 2nd, 3rd and 4th seeds in one half of the draw?:confused::confused:

That's what I want, but it won't happen in reality (not this year). Maybe when murray and djoko are no longer 3rd and 4th seeds. :)

sdont
05-20-2010, 02:22 PM
It wouldnt mean anything since Djokovic wont be in the semis. Nor would Federer have a hard time beating him in a slam semifinal at this exact moment even if he somehow did make it that far.

Would the situation be different if he ends up on Rafa's side? No.

Does Murray have a better chance to make it to the SF? I don't think so.

Still, in case Nole finds back some form, I'd rather see a Fed-Nole SF than another Nole-Rafa.

veroniquem
05-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Given the kind of luck Rafa usually has with draws, I wouldn't be surprised at all. Actually I'm fully expecting to see Sod, Verdasco, Gulbis and Djoko in Rafa's side of the draw. Murray is lame on clay so he'll most likely end up in Fed's :???:

batz
05-20-2010, 02:23 PM
That's what I want, but it won't happen in reality (not this year). Maybe when murray and djoko are no longer 3rd and 4th seeds. :)

OK I get it.

I'd like to see Murray as the only seed in his half, with the other 31 seeds in the other half.

bolo
05-20-2010, 02:24 PM

Unlike AO, nadal's chances here are much less draw dependent. I think he can handle soderling, djoko and federer in sequence without the chances of winning going down very much. Soderling, murray and federer in sequence is inviting a bit more trouble imo. He actually doesn't have to be superfresh for federer imo (2007 FO, I didn't think he was all that fresh), but still why risk it. :) Plus nadal has a lot of tennis coming up soon after RG so also have to think of that.

davey25
05-20-2010, 02:26 PM
Given the kind of luck Rafa usually has with draws, I wouldn't be surprised at all. Actually I'm fully expecting to see Sod, Verdasco, Gulbis and Djoko in Rafa's side of the draw. Murray is lame on clay so he'll most likely end up in Fed's :???:

Rafa would love to see Verdasco in his draw. Are you suggesting that freaking Verdasco would be part of a scary draw for Nadal, LOL! Donald Young would be a tougher opponent for Nadal than Verdasco.

Like I said in my previous post Djokovic wont even make it as far as the semis at this years French so whose half he is in really becomes irrelevant as far as either Federer or Nadal go.

Soderling isnt a top clay courter. His performance at last years French was a fluke since it is his worst surface by far really. That said with his playing style he is probably a tough matchup for Rafa, plus his recent success against Nadal gives him some confidence and lack of fear. However he is a top 8 seed so would have to make the quarters. It would be surprising if he doesnt go out in either the 3rd or 4th round really.

veroniquem
05-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Well you know, noone is a scary draw on clay for Nadal. I was just listing people who had good clay performances this year (I included Sod because he was in the Barcelona final and after all he's already beaten Rafa, so one can't completely eliminate him as a potential danger even if I agree that the Rafa he beat last year was greatly diminished physically).

Tony48
05-20-2010, 02:31 PM
Doesn't really matter what side Djoker is on. One in-form player = instant upset.

And of course, that player will lose in the very next round (unless it's Verdasco and he isn't playing Nadal in the next round) which will make it even more sadder.

Hopefully Gulbis gets a decent draw but it would nonetheless still be great to see how he fairs against an early test. He beat Fed and was mighty close against Nadal so hopefully he keeps the effort up.

Li Ching Yuen
05-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Besides the regulars on clay: Nadal, Federer, there are two semi spots that are up for grabs, it all depends on the draw.

Gulbis: on the rise, made to the QF's of this when he was even more reckless than he is today, imagine what he could do today to this decimated claycourt field.

Ferrer: Fighter, it will be harder here, because it's Best of 5, and players have the time to put it together before the match ends and find away around David's consistency. I predict he will have fatigue problems.

Verdasco: Could get a good result here, depending on the draw.

Soderling: He could possible get into a groove with some lesser opponents in the earlier rounds, so who knows, but I predict he will stumble against a player ranked near him.

Djokovic: Will probably get into a third round with no problems, but needs to win a hard match early on first to be able to pose any threats.

Murray: Highly depends on what draw he gets.

Almagro: Nothing to lose, he will just smack that ball til the end of the day, just pray for some dry conditions.

Just like most of these tournaments in this era, the Round of 16 and Quarters will be the most interesting to watch and SHOULD NOT BE MISSED by any chance.

Dimension
05-20-2010, 02:40 PM
Unlike AO, nadal's chances here are much less draw dependent. I think he can handle soderling, djoko and federer in sequence without the chances of winning going down very much. Soderling, murray and federer in sequence is inviting a bit more trouble imo. He actually doesn't have to be superfresh for federer imo (2007 FO, I didn't think he was all that fresh), but still why risk it. :) Plus nadal has a lot of tennis coming up soon after RG so also have to think of that.

I thought djoko is harder to handle on clay than murray?

Anyway, I agree. In terms of practicality, I would rather want Nadal to have a normal draw with 2 to 3 top guys there so that he will have enough in the tank for the grass and hardcourt season. But for pride, it would be a different story. :wink:

Dimension
05-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Hi dim dim :)

Hey Val. How have you been? :)

Cyan
05-20-2010, 03:00 PM

I fear that as well:neutral: ATP(look at the profile pic he looks like a Colombian drug dealer) and ITF hate him and will give him a draw from hell because they want Fed to win 4 RG in a row:neutral:

bolo
05-20-2010, 03:04 PM
I thought djoko is harder to handle on clay than murray?

Anyway, I agree. In terms of practicality, I would rather want Nadal to have a normal draw with 2 to 3 top guys there so that he will have enough in the tank for the grass and hardcourt season. But for pride, it would be a different story. :wink:

For most of their careers I would say yes, but my sense is that right now, and this is based on the results from the last 5 months or so, djokovic isn't playing that well. And over a longer time period my impression is that murray is a better pick in 5 setters. Initially this was not true, djokovic was quite good at going deep in all GS, but looks like something might have changed in the last year or so.

Murray also had a little lull, but he was playing solid CC tennis again versus ferrer. Ofcourse nadal is the heavy favorite but murray is not going down without a fight if they meet imo; nadal has an incredibly hard time hitting through/around murray, and that's nadal's game now versus murray type players (monfils, seppi, simon etc.) on all surfaces. :)

Also my read on nadal's game from mid 2008 on, except for the lull in the fall 09 HC season, is that his worst player type is low UE grinders who take their opportunties when they see their chance. That's murray to a T, plus murray's got the big serve (although low %) as well and is near nadal in terms of finesse. Finally until soderling last year and aside from federer, the guy who has given nadal the hardest time at RG is actually hewitt (2 tough fights vs. only 1 from mathieu). I like to think of Murray as hewitt 2.0 sometimes. :)

Lol, yeah I get a kick out of watching nadal against a sequence of great guys too. I do want him to run the gauntlet on all 5 CC tournaments one more time before he retires, just for the fun of it, ideally with some slightly modified strategies, so he can still walk at the end of the experience. :)

veroniquem
05-20-2010, 03:04 PM
Ha ha why 4? he should aim for 8 of each slam, 32 total.

Cyan
05-20-2010, 03:09 PM
Ha ha why 4? he should aim for 8 of each slam, 32 total.

Zzzzzzzzzz. He seriously needs to stop winning slams already. The gap between him and the rest of the ATP tour is ridiculous. He has more slams than the entire ATP tour(besides him) have combined:shock:

veroniquem
05-20-2010, 03:12 PM
True. He's a slam addict. Is there a treatment? I'm sorry to say but Nadal is the only one who can beat Fed in slams (I know Djoko and Delpo have done it but only once, so not conclusive enough).

davey25
05-20-2010, 03:13 PM
I agree Nadal is unfortunately really the only one who can beat Federer in slams. I would like to see Djokovic or Del Potro do it for a 2nd time to further solidify themselves as threats but I am not sure I see it happening anytime soon or not.

Roddick has the heart and fighting spirit but not the game.

Murray is too reliant on errors from Federer to win and cant seem to provoke them when they play in a slam where it really matters.

Davydenko is a pathetic chronic choker vs Federer.

Soderling has taken up Blake's former role as the top tenner who is a wannabee Federer bride who shows up with his bouquet to play Federer rather than his weapons.

Cyan
05-20-2010, 03:22 PM
I agree Nadal is unfortunately really the only one who can beat Federer in slams. I would like to see Djokovic or Del Potro do it for a 2nd time to further solidify themselves as threats but I am not sure I see it happening anytime soon or not.

Murray is too reliant on errors from Federer to win and cant seem to provoke them when they play in a slam where it really matters.

Soderling has taken up Blake's former role as the top tenner who is a wannabee Federer bride who shows up with his bouquet to play Federer rather than his weapons.

No wonder they call this a mug era.:oops:

P_Agony
05-20-2010, 03:43 PM

Djokovic was in Fed's half last year, as well as in the USO, and Wimbly as well. You are unbelievable.

Dutch-Guy
05-20-2010, 03:45 PM
Djokovic's draw:

r1: Qualifier
r2: Stakhovsky
r3: Troicki
r4: Philipp Kohlschreiber defeats Nole in straight

Fed's draw:

r1: Mardy Fish
r2: Marcos Baghdatis
r3: Thiemo De Bakker
r4: Ernests Gulbis defeats Fed in 4 sets.

Nadal's draw:

r1: Hanescu
r2: Federico Gil
r3: PHM
r4: Tommy Robredo
1/4: Robin Soderling
1/2: David Ferrer
Finale: Fernando Verdasco

RG 2010 winner: Rafael Nadal Pareira:)

bolo
05-20-2010, 03:49 PM
Djokovic's draw:

r1: Qualifier
r2: Stakhovsky
r3: Troicki
r: Philipp Kohlschreiber defeats Nole in straight

Fed's draw:
r1: Mardy Fish
r2: Marcos Baghdatis
r3: Thiemo De Bakker
r4: Ernests Gulbis defeats Fed in 4 sets.

Nadal's draw:
r1: Hanescu
r2: Federico Gil
r3: PHM
r4: Tommy Robredo
1/4: Robin Soderling
1/2: David Ferrer
Finale: Fernando Verdasco

RG 2010 winner: Rafael Nadal:)

He's not losing to Gulbis dutch, Fed. loves that type of player. But I would like to see a dasco/federer match. :)

Dutch-Guy
05-20-2010, 03:53 PM
He's not losing to Gulbis dutch, Fed. loves that type of player. But I would like to see a dasco/federer match. :)

A red hot Gulbis 'd take Fed down,just like Soderling took Rafa down last year.I'll bump this thread early june:)

bolo
05-20-2010, 03:54 PM
A red hot Gulbis 'd take Fed down,just like Soderling took Rafa down last year.I'll bump this thread early june:)

allright you are on. :) I am going with nishikori as my pick, just to make it kind of fair, I guess. :)

veroniquem
05-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Davey I love your description of Sod, too funny :)

Justdoit10
05-20-2010, 03:56 PM
Verdasco in the final? I think im gonna be sick.

bolo
05-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Davey I love your description of Sod, too funny :)

Any chance you are going back to France for RG?

Semi-Pro
05-20-2010, 03:57 PM

In a best of 5? lol.

veroniquem
05-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Acasuso will! (Or Montanes ha ha). Bellucci maybe?

bolo
05-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Acasuso will! (Or Montanes ha ha). Bellucci maybe?

Bellucci looks solid to me. He could take someone out.

Li Ching Yuen
05-20-2010, 04:07 PM
Bellucci looks solid to me. He could take someone out.

A ballkid probably.

bolo
05-20-2010, 04:09 PM
A ballkid probably.

That counts too, :) 100 ATP points for a ballkid......it's in the fine print somewhere.

jamesblakefan#1
05-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Hopefully Verdasco is on Djokovic's and Federer's half. I can foreshadow a few upsets...

From who? Certainly not Verdasco. He has no shot of beating Fed in a slam, maybe Djoker in the p!ss poor form he's been in, but Fed? Nope.

jamesblakefan#1
05-20-2010, 08:11 PM
Let's just get it out of the way - there is no 'tough' draw for Nadal at RG. Of course there's guys he wouldn't like to see, but when it's all said and done, I fully expect him to be in the finals no matter who's on his side. Let's get that one straight before the people come whining if Rafa draws Nole/Sod and Fed draws Murray/Rod type draw.

OTMPut
05-20-2010, 08:34 PM

Funny, isn't it? All these guys beat Nadal though. Especially Nadal must shudder to meet Davydenko in a slam.

OddJack
05-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Well, everyone is talking about their "preference"

I am not sure if I have one, but I have a prediction.

There are few remaining clay court players.

(Murray is out of the picture imo, whichever side he is, is a plus for the top seed.)

Sod, Gulbis, Verdasco, Ferrer, Djoker, Almagro

From these 6, each will get 3.

Sod will go on Nadal's half ( it's good for business)

They will not put Sod and Gulb on the same side, so Rodge draws him.

Verdasco is too boring against Nadal, so Rodge draws him too, then Almagro goes on Nadal's side.

The question is, where Djoker goes?

I am guessing Djoker goes on top of Nadal's Draw..

So here it is:

Rodge: Gulbis, Verdasco, Ferrer (Murray by default)

Rafa: Djoker, Sod, Almagro,

jamesblakefan#1
05-20-2010, 09:06 PM
^^^The draw is random, so that post is pretty most worthless as far as where 'they' (who is they, BTW) will put certain players.

OddJack
05-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Let's just get it out of the way - there is no 'tough' draw for Nadal at RG. Of course there's guys he wouldn't like to see, but when it's all said and done, I fully expect him to be in the finals no matter who's on his side. Let's get that one straight before the people come whining if Rafa draws Nole/Sod and Fed draws Murray/Rod type draw.

Well jamesblakefan, seems like this thread is not for you, you already decided the draw means nothing, plus other posts are worthless, so why dont you shut the big door and go to the next thread man

Dimension
05-20-2010, 09:28 PM
For most of their careers I would say yes, but my sense is that right now, and this is based on the results from the last 5 months or so, djokovic isn't playing that well. And over a longer time period my impression is that murray is a better pick in 5 setters. Initially this was not true, djokovic was quite good at going deep in all GS, but looks like something might have changed in the last year or so.

Murray also had a little lull, but he was playing solid CC tennis again versus ferrer. Ofcourse nadal is the heavy favorite but murray is not going down without a fight if they meet imo; nadal has an incredibly hard time hitting through/around murray, and that's nadal's game now versus murray type players (monfils, seppi, simon etc.) on all surfaces. :)

Also my read on nadal's game from mid 2008 on, except for the lull in the fall 09 HC season, is that his worst player type is low UE grinders who take their opportunties when they see their chance. That's murray to a T, plus murray's got the big serve (although low %) as well and is near nadal in terms of finesse. Finally until soderling last year and aside from federer, the guy who has given nadal the hardest time at RG is actually hewitt (2 tough fights vs. only 1 from mathieu). I like to think of Murray as hewitt 2.0 sometimes. :)

Lol, yeah I get a kick out of watching nadal against a sequence of great guys too. I do want him to run the gauntlet on all 5 CC tournaments one more time before he retires, just for the fun of it, ideally with some slightly modified strategies, so he can still walk at the end of the experience. :)

Djoko might actually pick up his form all the sudden, although that's quite unlikely at this point. And I fully agree with your assessment. I think the low UE% grinders can trouble nadal, but beating him on clay and grass is another story.

Breaker
05-20-2010, 09:31 PM
In before 50 pages discussing who really has the cupcake draw between Fed and Nadal.

jamesblakefan#1
05-20-2010, 10:32 PM
Well jamesblakefan, seems like this thread is not for you, you already decided the draw means nothing, plus other posts are worthless, so why dont you shut the big door and go to the next thread man

Of course it's fun to look at potential matchups, but all the cupcake/hard draw talk every time a slam draw comes out is tiring TBH. Last year proved that an easy draw on paper can turn out to be a tough one (Nadal losing to Sod, Fed struggling w/ Acasuso, Haas, and JMDP). Just think all the hard/easy draw stuff should be left out of it, that's all.

And the point still stands - the draw is random, so your whole hypothesis about the committee putting players in certain places to cook up good matches is indeed worthless.

OddJack
05-20-2010, 11:12 PM
Of course it's fun to look at potential matchups, but all the cupcake/hard draw talk every time a slam draw comes out is tiring TBH. Last year proved that an easy draw on paper can turn out to be a tough one (Nadal losing to Sod, Fed struggling w/ Acasuso, Haas, and JMDP). Just think all the hard/easy draw stuff should be left out of it, that's all.

And the point still stands - the draw is random, so your whole hypothesis about the committee putting players in certain places to cook up good matches is indeed worthless.

You are not the only one who knows its random jamesblakefan#1. It was a prediction like my post says and when I said Nadal vs Verdasco is boring or it's good for business I was saying how it's better panned out. Yes, you are right it's random but in this thread people post their "preferences" or predictions, and since it's random all of this is worthless. Well, thank you for keeping track of worthless posts. Interesting that you said people will whine and you are the one who whines the most.
So the point stands, this thread is not for you jamesblake. Why dont you stop whining and find some worthy posts and comment on them?

jamesblakefan#1
05-20-2010, 11:56 PM
You are not the only one who knows its random jamesblakefan#1. It was a prediction like my post says and when I said Nadal vs Verdasco is boring or it's good for business I was saying how it's better panned out. Yes, you are right it's random but in this thread people post their "preferences" or predictions, and since it's random all of this is worthless. Well, thank you for keeping track of worthless posts. Interesting that you said people will whine and you are the one who whines the most.
So the point stands, this thread is not for you jamesblake. Why dont you stop whining and find some worthy posts and comment on them?

Last I checked it's an open forum. I can post wherever the heck I want to. Sorry that you are so sensitive...:?

Let's just wait until the actual real live draw comes in a/b 3 hrs or so and put all the draw 'prediction' to rest now. Especially when it's based on inmaterial things like 'this one's not fun, so this is what will happen, blah blah blah'. That's all.

Sorry if I offended you by calling your post worthless. Also sorry if you don't like that I preemptively called out the weak/strong draw bs some of you guys pull for every slam.

Blinkism
05-21-2010, 12:00 AM
What a cakewalk draw for Nadal.

mandy01
05-21-2010, 12:26 AM
What a cakewalk draw for Nadal.No.It's another cakewalk draw for Fed.Nadal has it toughest.The French hate him :(

Gen
05-21-2010, 12:27 AM

Have you seen AO-2009 semifinal?

Imaster
05-21-2010, 01:32 AM
Guys, any live stream to see the draw?

p.s. sorry for the bold, the draw is going to start in an hour, would love to have a working link...

Imaster
05-21-2010, 02:06 AM
Hmmm, there is a live feed on the official website, check it out

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/articles/2010-05-20/201005201274373553976.html?promo=rss

Telepatic
05-21-2010, 02:53 AM
Am i the only one who got RG sign spinning and thats it?

Imaster
05-21-2010, 02:54 AM
Yup, I am getting the same, check this out
http://twitter.com/rolandgarros

Dutch-Guy
05-21-2010, 02:58 AM
WTA

R1:

Venus vs Patty Schneyder
Serena vs Stefanie Vegele
Kuznetsova vs Sorana Cirstea
Azarenka vs Gisela Dulko

Dutch-Guy
05-21-2010, 03:00 AM
ATP
R1

Federer vs Luzsak

Murray Gasquet!!

Roddick - Nieminen

Tsonga - Brands

Soderling - Recouderc

jamesblakefan#1
05-21-2010, 03:02 AM
Murray Gasquet hmm....:?

SikSerb
05-21-2010, 03:06 AM
lol Murray draws Gasquet. Fun..

Dutch-Guy
05-21-2010, 03:08 AM
Djokovic-korolev

Telepatic
05-21-2010, 03:09 AM
Serena could meet Henin in QF and Rezai could have a clash with Sanchez in 4th round I think..
Easy draw for Kuznetsova in weakest quarter of a draw, she could reach SF.

jamesblakefan#1
05-21-2010, 03:11 AM
Kuznetsova's going out 1st or 2nd round IMO. She's stunk lately, Cirstea's no slouch, and Vesnina or Petkovic could take her out R2.

WOMEN'S DRAW:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/4626004269_2762e3f0be_o.jpg

Dutch-Guy
05-21-2010, 03:11 AM
Nadal vs Gianni Mina(French wild card)
Verdasco-Kunitsyn

SikSerb
05-21-2010, 03:14 AM
It looks like Verdasco is in Djokovic's quarters. Good days.

jamesblakefan#1
05-21-2010, 03:16 AM
MEN'S DRAW

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4029/4626011101_81fae2d69b_o.jpg

SikSerb
05-21-2010, 03:17 AM
My bad, Djokovic is with Roddick.

jamesblakefan#1
05-21-2010, 03:17 AM
It looks like Verdasco is in Djokovic's quarters. Good days.

No the quarters are Fed/Sod, Murray/Tsonga, Djoker/Roddick, Nadal/Verdasduck

Cesc Fabregas
05-21-2010, 03:18 AM
Djokovic is in Nadal's side, hope they meet in the semis. Make it happen Novak.

CMM
05-21-2010, 03:18 AM
Oh, great. Rafa's lap dog is there.

jman
05-21-2010, 03:19 AM
seems like federer has the tougher side this time. Breeze for nadal.

Dutch-Guy
05-21-2010, 03:19 AM
Soderling,Tsonga, Murray in Federer's half

Djokovic, Roddick, Verdasco in Nadal's half

Telepatic
05-21-2010, 03:21 AM
No the quarters are Fed/Sod, Murray/Tsonga, Djoker/Roddick, Nadal/Verdasduck

I'd say : Fed/Gulbis, Muray/Tsonga ,Djoker/Ferrer ,Nadal/Verdasco

SikSerb
05-21-2010, 03:21 AM
Gulbis in Federers quarter.. Murray's got one hella hard quarter before him. Djokovic probably has the easiest.

djokovicgonzalez2010
05-21-2010, 03:22 AM
Wow. Nadal's draw is so easy, not that he needed it

Telepatic
05-21-2010, 03:24 AM
Gulbis in Federers quarter.. Murray's got one hella hard quarter before him. Djokovic probably has the easiest.

Was that sarcastic?:)
It's not that I think Djokovic has hard or weak draw but Murray got nobody until QF (If your biggest threat is Tsonga on clay..)

PSNELKE
05-21-2010, 03:25 AM
uhh Itīll be interesting to see Cilic vs Gulbis matchup

Li Ching Yuen
Federer - Gulbis in the quarters.

Murray is gonna go out early.

dropshot winner
Looks like another yawn-fest, I don't see anyone able to even take a set from Nadal's half. Djokovic probably won't even make the semis. His tennis in his two last losses to Verdasco was atrocious.

Lets give Nadal the tropy and just start the grass season.

jman
Is it me, or does Hewitt always draw a big name player very early in the slams. This is like the nth time Hewitt has faced Nadal in the french now.

vortex1
05-21-2010, 03:26 AM
Nadal escapes both Gulbis and Soderling. Excellent.

djokovicgonzalez2010
05-21-2010, 03:27 AM
Gulbis-Benneteau 1r

roysid
05-21-2010, 03:27 AM
Nadal doesn't get Sod or Gulbis. Good for him.

SikSerb
05-21-2010, 03:29 AM
Was that sarcastic?:)
It's not that I think Djokovic has hard or weak draw but Murray got nobody until QF (If your biggest threat is Tsonga on clay..)

Yeah and he wont even make the quarters to meet Tsonga.

Hitman
Rafa dodges the Gulbis and Soderling bullets.

djokovicgonzalez2010
Djoker's got Giraldo

jamesblakefan#1
05-21-2010, 03:30 AM
Is it me, or does Hewitt always draw a big name player very early in the slams. This is like the nth time Hewitt has faced Nadal in the french now.

That's what happens when you're always seeded lowly...

The-Champ
05-21-2010, 03:30 AM
Nadal escapes both Gulbis and Soderling. Excellent.

I hate söderling but at the same time I hope he ends up in the final against Nadal.

rainingaces
05-21-2010, 03:31 AM
What a surprise they gave nadal a wildcard first round.

Federers draw is the toughest, nadals the easiest.

roysid
05-21-2010, 03:31 AM
Good for Ferrer. Get's Roddick in 4th round and Novak in quarter.

Should be a semi.

rainingaces
05-21-2010, 03:34 AM
Good for Ferrer. Get's Roddick in 4th round and Novak in quarter.

Should be a semi.

Lmao roddick 4th round.

PSNELKE
05-21-2010, 03:34 AM

Federers draw is the toughest, nadals the easiest.

Says a ******* who knows that Fed has no chance to win against nadal even with a cake draw..

Nadal has: Verdasco, Djokovic, Ferrer; Roddick( not the best clay courter)

Federer: Gulbis, Soderling, Murray, Cilic, Wawrinka

Come on the only threat for Fed is Gulbis
Nadal has to pretty tough opponents with Ferrer and Verdasco.

mandy01
05-21-2010, 03:35 AM

Federers draw is the toughest, nadals the easiest.You forgot the Golden Rule on TW-A tough draw is the draw Rafa Nadal gets and an easy draw is the draw Roger Federer gets.

mandy01
05-21-2010, 03:36 AM
Says a ******* who knows that Fed has no chance to win against nadal even with a cake draw..

Verdasco?ROFL :lol:

CMM
05-21-2010, 03:37 AM

The kid looks strong.

http://i50.tinypic.com/a4nex5.jpg

CMM
05-21-2010, 03:38 AM
Does anyone know which half of the draw starts first?

djokovicgonzalez2010
05-21-2010, 03:38 AM
monfilss cousin?

jamesblakefan#1
05-21-2010, 03:39 AM
The kid looks strong.

http://i50.tinypic.com/a4nex5.jpg

Mini Monfils? :lol: They even have the same initials.

I'm just sayin...I've never seen Gael Monfils and this "Gianni Mina" character in the same place. I think Monfils entered on BOTH sides of the draw! :D

rainingaces
05-21-2010, 03:41 AM

So even a ********* can see he plays nobody worth mentioning the first three rounds. Verdasco, Djokovic and Ferrer he owns on clay recently, Djoker is the only guy in his half that has a small chance to beat him.

He avoided all the big hitters that could have caused problems ie Gulbis, Soderling and Wawrinka.

djokovicgonzalez2010
05-21-2010, 03:43 AM
wawa isn't a huge threat. He chokes at slams

PSNELKE
05-21-2010, 03:44 AM
I canīt wait to see how Gulbis can handle a big hitter like Cilic in the 3rd round.

Hitman
05-21-2010, 03:47 AM
Looking at this draw, I can't see Rafa losing more than two sets. He's going to breeze through this one.

PSNELKE
05-21-2010, 03:47 AM
So even a ********* can see he plays nobody worth mentioning the first three rounds. Verdasco, Djokovic and Ferrer he owns on clay recently, Djoker is the only guy in his half that has a small chance to beat him.

He avoided all the big hitters that could have caused problems ie Gulbis, Soderling and Wawrinka.

Iīm a *********? :oops:
I like Fed a lot more than Nadal.
Anyway I have to say that Nadals draw is harder than Federers draw.
Whoīs able to beat Fed before the final?
Soderling?, Murray?, Wawrinka?.
The only one who can take a set or two from Fed is Gulbis.

jamesblakefan#1
05-21-2010, 03:50 AM
I canīt wait to see how Gulbis can handle a big hitter like Cilic in the 3rd round.

Right now Gulbis is a better CCer than overrated (on clay) Cilic.

Even that being said, it remains to be seen if Gulbis can keep up form w/ some added pressure as a seed in a slam.

PSNELKE
05-21-2010, 03:52 AM
Right now Gulbis is a better CCer than overrated (on clay) Cilic.

Yeah on clay Gulbis will beat him.
But on grass and HC i canīt see Gulbis win against Cilic.

dropshot winner
05-21-2010, 03:55 AM

Verdasco: LOL. Will he win more than one game? If he wins 4 games in any of the sets it'll be a milestone for him.

Djokovic: Have you seen the kind of tennis he played this clay court season? It wasn't good enough to beat Rochus!! He has no power, no consistency, no stamina and no confidence, and he isn't even healthy.

Ferrer: the best of the bunch, he'll try but he has no chance against Nadal and Federer

Roddick: ...

Dutch-Guy
05-21-2010, 03:57 AM

I don't like this [fill in player] has an easy/tough draw but come on
Which of these guys 'd beat Fed before the final:Soderling?, Murray?, Wawrinka?,Cilic?
Rafa on the other hand...

jamesblakefan#1
05-21-2010, 04:00 AM
They both have easy draws b/c they've both been r$p$ing the field for the better part of 5 years now @ the French. Nadal is Nadal of course, a god on clay basically, any draw he gets no matter how you slice it, is going to look easy. And Fed is basically unbeatable before slam semis. People really think someone like Gulbis can beat Fed in a slam? I don't. From what I saw in Madrid, Fed has somewhat figured out Gulbis' game, and Gulbis was *****ting bricks trying to beat Fed in Rome, you think he'd be able to close it out even IF he got in a winning position in a slam QF vs Fed? I don't.

Long story short, Nadal/Fed final on June 6, book it.

Mun
05-21-2010, 04:04 AM
Fed's semifinal is a complete joke!!! I hope Nadal-Djokovic semifinal is not a dogfight to hand Federer another major. Novak's draw to reach semis is tough also

dropshot winner
05-21-2010, 04:07 AM
They both have easy draws b/c they've both been r$p$ing the field for the better part of 5 years now @ the French. Nadal is Nadal of course, a god on clay basically, any draw he gets no matter how you slice it, is going to look easy. And Fed is basically unbeatable before slam semis. People really think someone like Gulbis can beat Fed in a slam? I don't. From what I saw in Madrid, Fed has somewhat figured out Gulbis' game, and Gulbis was *****ting bricks trying to beat Fed in Rome, you think he'd be able to close it out even IF he got in a winning position in a slam QF vs Fed? I don't.

I disagree, he's almost 30 and his level of play is very erratic at times, he's due for an upset.

I don't think it'll be Gulbis, but some player will eventually beat him after getting in a winning position, he was very close before, and sooner or later the kind of shot he hit against Haas last year will not find the court.

Hitman
05-21-2010, 04:07 AM

Got to agree with you there. I thought if Del Potro was healthy, he would have had something to say, but alas that is not the case.

Gorecki
05-21-2010, 04:09 AM
hopefully nadal will not be injured for 1st round, because we know how Dangerous Gianni Mina is...

Hitman
05-21-2010, 04:10 AM
I disagree, he's almost 30 and his level of play is very erratic at times, he's due for an upset.

I don't think it'll be Gulbis, but some player will eventually beat him after getting in a winning position, he was very close before, and sooner or later the kind of shot he hit against Haas last year will not find the court.

I think what happened in the Haas match match was the revelation that Rafa was out. Roger's heart must have been thumping immensely that whole week, thinking this could be it, and that if he doesn't win it this year, he never will. Hence he was not at his best until he was at the brink, then raced with it.

I think he will be more relaxed this year, and will at least make the semis again.

bolo
05-21-2010, 04:11 AM
Fed. might have to go through Tips, O. rochus, Monfils in the 1st few rounds.

Gulbis/Cilic could take out Soderling in the 4th round. That was my predicted average round for soderling before the CC season started. Peeeeerfeeeccct. :)

Murray can certainly beat tsonga on clay if they meet.

Nieminen must be coming out of retirement but that shouldn't affect his chances versus roddick on clay. ;) Nieminen FTW!

HFS Nishikori/Djokovic in the 2nd Rd. That's a danger match for novak imo.

Gonzo/Dasco can duke it out for a Top 10 position.

Nice draw for nadal. :)

Only thing I can really complain about is dasco and federer not on the same side of the draw. I really wanted to see that match. Oh well.

dropshot winner
05-21-2010, 04:13 AM
I think what happened in the Haas match match was the revelation that Rafa was out. Roger's heart must have been thumping immensely that whole week, thinking this could be it, and that if he doesn't win it this year, he never will. Hence he was not at his best until he was at the brink, then raced with it.

I think he will be more relaxed this year, and will at least make the semis again.

It doesn't take Federer being nervous to play bad tennis, it's natural that he isn't as consistent and clutch all the time. His opponents know this and that's why I can see him lose early (for his standards).

PSNELKE
05-21-2010, 04:13 AM
I bet Gasquet will beat Murray in the first round

Dutch-Guy
05-21-2010, 04:14 AM
[1]Federer-Lucak
Tipsarevic-Falla
Qualifier - O Rochus
Qualifier - [27]Lopez
[20]Hajek - Hajek
Lorenzi - A. Beck
Massu - Fognini
Mayer - [13]Monfils

[10]Cilic - Mello
Tursunov - Gimeno-Traver
L. Mayer - Stakhovsky
Benneteau - [23]Gulbis
[29]Montanes - Qualifier
Robert - Qualifier
Dent - N Lapentti
[WC]Recouderc - [5]Soderling

[4]Murray - Gasquet
Chela - [WC]Sweeting
Mathieu - Granollers
Qualifier - [28]Baghdatis
[17]Isner - Golubev
Qualifier - Chiudinelli
[WC]Roger-Vasselin - Anderson
Qualifier - [15]Berdych

[11]Youzhny - Przysiezny
Qualifier - Lacko
Petzschner - [WC]Ball
Troicki - [21]Robredo
[32]Garcia-Lopez - Schuettler
Qualifier - De Bakker
[WC]Ouanna - Kubot
Brands - [8]Tsonga

[6]Roddick- Nieminen
Schwank - Kavcic
Qualifier - Koellerer
Qualifier - [26]Monaco
[22]Sela - Sela
Zverev - [WC]Mahut
Malisse - Greul
[WC]Guez - [9]Ferrer

[16]Ferrero - Cuevas
Gicquel - Riba
Starace - Marchenko
Ginepri - [18]Querrey
[31]Hanescu - Hernandez
Ram - Qualifier
Nishikori - Giraldo
Korolev - [3]Djokovic

[7]Verdasco - Kunitsyn
Serra - Russell
Qualifier - Seppi
K Beck - [30]Kohlschreiber
[19]Almagro - Haase
Vliegen - Darcis
Clement - Dolgopolov
Qualifier - [12]Gonzalez

[14]Ljubicic - Lu
Berrer - Fish
Qualifier - Qualifier
Llodra - [24]Bellucci
[28]Hewitt - Chardy
Istomin - Becker
Zeballos - Qualifier
[WC]Mina - [2]Nadal

Gorecki
monfilss cousin?

Monfils coussin?

monfils pillow... lol

jamesblakefan#1

Yep. Fed has had plenty of tough matches in the early rounds of slams, but somehow always pulls them out, even at the brink like he was in the Haas match. At this point I won't believe it until I see it, someone taking him out before a semi or even a final at this point. (Last missed a slam final AO 08: over 2 years ago). It's mindblowing when you really think, the guy's always there for the past 5 years now.

Hitman
05-21-2010, 04:18 AM
It doesn't take Federer being nervous to play bad tennis, it's natural that he isn't as consistent and clutch all the time. His opponents know this and that's why I can see him lose early (for his standards).

I agree partially. But beating him in a slam is not something just any player can do. That player needs to be playing GS winning tennis. The last time he lost to a guy who did not win that event was FO 2004. Not to say that it won't happen now, but it still plays in his favor.

Roger is also more designed nowadays to play 5 set matches than 3 sets, he has plenty of time to regroup, try different things, for his opponenet to drop of the boil. Until that does not happen, I have him going to at least the semis, and I have faith he will.

In fact I can only see one final happening...

jamesblakefan#1
05-21-2010, 04:18 AM
Fed. might have to go through Tips, O. rochus, Monfils in the 1st few rounds.

Wow real world beaters there...:rolleyes:

Seriously though, Tipsy's off the map, Rochus had a good win v Sod but can't do damage to Fed, and Monfils is out of form and has shown that he doesn't have what it takes to beat Fed in a slam.

HFS Nishikori/Djokovic in the 2nd Rd. That's a danger match for novak imo.

Djoker's praying for Nishikori. Giraldo's a better CCer and would be more trouble IMO.

Hitman
05-21-2010, 04:19 AM
Yep. Fed has had plenty of tough matches in the early rounds of slams, but somehow always pulls them out, even at the brink like he was in the Haas match. At this point I won't believe it until I see it, someone taking him out before a semi or even a final at this point. (Last missed a slam final AO 08: over 2 years ago). It's mindblowing when you really think, the guy's always there for the past 5 years now.

And I think he is going for a sixth straight FO semi, and a fifth straight FO final!

Has anyone ever done that?

dropshot winner
05-21-2010, 04:22 AM
And I think he is going for a sixth straight FO semi, and a fifth straight FO final!

Has anyone ever done that?

No that would be a first.

bolo
05-21-2010, 04:23 AM
Wow real world beaters there...:rolleyes:

Seriously though, Tipsy's off the map, Rochus had a good win v Sod but can't do damage to Fed, and Monfils is out of form and has shown that he doesn't have what it takes to beat Fed in a slam.

Djoker's praying for Nishikori. Giraldo's a better CCer and would be more trouble IMO.

Giraldo's the guy who had the recent run in clay challengers right? You are probably right, but nishikori could take a set off this novak too.

jamesblakefan#1
05-21-2010, 04:26 AM
Giraldo's the guy who had the recent run in clay challengers right? You are probably right, but nishikori could take a set off this novak too.

IIRC Giraldo beat Ferrero in Rome - didn't just beat him, smoked him in under an hour. Haven't seen young Kei doing that lately, just sayin...

Cesc Fabregas
05-21-2010, 04:26 AM

Giraldo is the guy who destroyed JCF in Rome, he's a pretty big hitter.

Hitman
05-21-2010, 04:27 AM
No that would be a first.

More history then if he does!

:razz:

bolo
05-21-2010, 04:29 AM
IIRC Giraldo beat Ferrero in Rome - didn't just beat him, smoked him in under an hour. Haven't seen young Kei doing that lately, just sayin...

Giraldo is the guy who destroyed JCF in Rome, he's a pretty big hitter.

True, I forgot that, either match should be a fun 2nd round.

After their queens match, nishikori was my pick for the 1st guy to beat nadal at the FO. lol. :)

zagor
05-21-2010, 04:39 AM
So let's see:

-Soderling is the only one to ever beat Nadal at FO
-Gulbis gave Nadal the toughest match on clay this season by far

Conveniently both of them are on the opposite side of Nadal's draw.Conspiracy? Discuss.

seffina
05-21-2010, 04:44 AM
There isn't a single match that I want to see in Murray's draw.

Fed/Rafa/Novak all have some good ones.

bolo
05-21-2010, 04:46 AM
There isn't a single match that I want to see in Murray's draw.

Fed/Rafa/Novak all have some good ones.

Murray/Bagman?, I will watch that if it happens. Probably even watch Murray/Berdych.

cucio
05-21-2010, 04:46 AM
Conveniently both of them are on the opposite side of Nadal's draw.Conspiracy? Discuss.

It is certainly one of the strangest draws I can recall, so I say aye, conspiracy.

All the flat hitters in Feds quarter, all the big clay courters (albeit good match ups for him) in Rafa's quarter (or half if you want to include Ferrer and JCF), no one of consequence in Murray's quarter...

The Muzztards have clearly infiltrated RG's organization.

Dutch-Guy
05-21-2010, 04:47 AM
So let's see:

Almagro is the toughest match on clay against Nadal. He broke Rafa 3 times in the first set,something that even Fed has never done.Stop hyping up this bloke.

seffina
05-21-2010, 04:48 AM
Murray/Bagman?, I will watch that if it happens. Probably even watch Murray/Berdych.

Oh.. well yes, I didn't notice dear Baghy there. But clay's not his thing really.

bolo
05-21-2010, 04:51 AM
Oh.. well yes, I didn't notice dear Baghy there. But clay's not his thing really.

Yeah, but I look forward to him making murray talk to himself (or mutteri might be the better word) in scottish. :)

zagor
05-21-2010, 04:52 AM
Almagro is the toughest match on clay against Nadal.

Not really,he played an amazing first set but after that looked like he was going to trip over his feet.Gulbis atleast stayed in the match until the end.

Also Almagro puhed Nadal in Madrid which is played on red HC unlike Gulbis who pushed Nadal on real,proper clay in Rome.

He broke Rafa 3 times in the first set,something that even Fed has never done.

Check your facts better.

Stop hyping up this bloke.

He deserves some hype for giving Nadal the toughest match this clay season so far.

jamesblakefan#1
05-21-2010, 05:34 AM
Almagro is the toughest match on clay against Nadal. He broke Rafa 3 times in the first set,something that even Fed has never done.Stop hyping up this bloke.

Did you forget the embarrassing beatdown Nadal put on Almagro in 08? Triple breadstick? Nuff said.

gold soundz
05-21-2010, 06:06 AM
I think we're all hoping for this...

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/7629/93381133.jpg

bolo
05-21-2010, 08:59 AM
I think we're all hoping for this...

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/7629/93381133.jpg

Nicely done. Unfortunately that lower body is not losing to that head. :)

OddJack
05-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Nicely done. Unfortunately that lower body is not losing to that head. :)

Haha nicely put.

Ridiculous draw for Rodge tho, at least no whining this time from Nadal fans.

Tony48
05-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Is this for real? According to The Bet Detective, Gulbis is the 4th pick to win :shock:

http://www.thebetdetective.com/tennis/roland-garros-men%27s-singles/winner/

I so want that to happen

longst
05-21-2010, 09:34 AM

NADAL has an EASY draw. Verdasco is about the only threat. He should win.

djokovicgonzalez2010
05-21-2010, 09:35 AM
Did you forget the embarrassing beatdown Nadal put on Almagro in 08? Triple breadstick? Nuff said.

that was 08 nadal this is 10 nadal

longst
05-21-2010, 09:35 AM
Who would you pick?

Mischa Zverev vs WC Nicolas Mahut ??

4 Andy Murray vs Richard Gasquet ??

Viktor Troicki vs 21 Tommy Robredo ??

How far can Tsonga go?

djokovicgonzalez2010
05-21-2010, 09:36 AM
Zverev, Murray (Richie is in F tomorrow) , Bredo if healthy

longst
05-21-2010, 09:39 AM
Zverev, Murray (Richie is in F tomorrow) , Bredo if healthy

Mahout is done? I thought he was good in clay.

Plus I have a hard time with Murray out in the 1st round, but then he is playing a frenchmen. The crowd could help or hinder his performance. Not sure which.

ksbh
05-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Brilliant! The ugly Swedeling will make a good dog for Federer!

ksbh
05-21-2010, 10:11 AM
If it is, then it's the best conspiracy in history! May they conspire in such a fashion at all grand slam tournaments. Nothing like a Federer-Nadal final!

So let's see: