PDA

View Full Version : is anyone wathing the Exo before the FO?

Leonidas
05-20-2010, 12:40 PM
I just wanted to ask if someone has seen any of the matches, since i was told that they are using the same balls they´ll use for the FO. Are the balls quicker again? extra quick this time? I ´d like to know what the frenchies have in store for this year´s tournament.

bolo
05-20-2010, 12:42 PM
I just wanted to ask if someone has seen any of the matches, since i was told that they are using the same balls they´ll use for the FO. Are the balls quicker again? extra quick this time? I ´d like to know what the frenchies have in store for this year´s tournament.

I hear the Frenchies have stocked up on the tissues at this years RG. :)

Lsmkenpo
05-20-2010, 12:52 PM

ALL tournaments on clay are played with a
lighter faster ball since 2002, the ball must meet the criteria guide lined by the ITF.

There are 3 different ball types that are used on clay, grass, and hardcourt since 2002, in an attempt to homogenize the game by the ITF.

batz
05-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Murray said after his exho match that 'conditions are really fast this year'.

Leonidas
05-20-2010, 02:11 PM
lighter faster ball since 2002, the ball must meet the criteria guide lined by the ITF.

There are 3 different ball types that are used on clay, grass, and hardcourt since 2002, in an attempt to homogenize the game by the ITF.

you might be right, but then why the courts played much faster last year, despite the fact that the weather was not any warmer ?

Augustus
05-20-2010, 02:13 PM
From what I read Federer beat Schüttler today 4-6 6-3 10-5 today.

Leonidas
05-20-2010, 02:18 PM
_Andy's warm-up for the French Open continued today with a 7-6, 6-7, 11-9 win over Mardy Fish at the Guinot Mary Cour exhibition.

Speaking on court afterwards, Andy said today's match had been good preparation.

"We played a very long match," he said. "I think we played over two hours today so it was perfect."

"I hope it (French Open) goes well," added Andy. "Last year I played well and it's pretty fast conditions there which helps me." _

LOL I Knew they were gonna speed it up again. They only thing they have yet to do is to remove all the layers of clay for the next year, that way we´ll have another US open, but in paris.

Augustus
05-20-2010, 02:20 PM
_Andy's warm-up for the French Open continued today with a 7-6, 6-7, 11-9 win over Mardy Fish at the Guinot Mary Cour exhibition.

Speaking on court afterwards, Andy said today's match had been good preparation.

"We played a very long match," he said. "I think we played over two hours today so it was perfect."

"I hope it (French Open) goes well," added Andy. "Last year I played well and it's pretty fast conditions there which helps me." _

LOL I Knew they were gonna speed it up again. They only thing they have yet to do is to remove all the layers of clay for the next year, that way we´ll have another US open, but in paris.

I'm sensing a Roddick vs. Isner final! :)

bolo
05-20-2010, 03:02 PM
I'm sensing a Roddick vs. Isner final! :)

Well if they were crying before they will be bawling with this kind of final. :)

If anyone knows the Qualy guys really well, there is some information there on how fast the courts are playing.

Justdoit10
05-20-2010, 03:04 PM
Well if they were crying before they will be bawling with this kind of final. :)

Actually if anyone knows the Qualy guys really well, there is some information there on how fast the courts are playing.
It will probably be more competitive and interesting than Nadal vs (Insert player here). Nadal is prob gonna steamroll everyone. :)

bolo
05-20-2010, 03:05 PM
It will probably be more competitive and interesting than Nadal vs (Insert player here). Nadal is prob gonna steamroll everyone. :)

One can only hope!!

veroniquem
05-20-2010, 03:05 PM

Well, I don't know the reason but RG is playing WAY faster than it was in 2002. (Shame that, we have enough fast courts as it is).

Justdoit10
05-20-2010, 03:06 PM
One can only hope!!
......for an early Nadal exit. ;)

veroniquem
05-20-2010, 03:07 PM

So sad yet so true.

sh@de
05-20-2010, 06:31 PM
Well, I don't know the reason but RG is playing WAY faster than it was in 2002. (Shame that, we have enough fast courts as it is).

HA... HA? :lol:

penguinn11
05-20-2010, 07:18 PM
Yet again, we have all the talk of how fast or slow the courts nowadays really are or slower/faster balls. Live with it, pros have to adapt to whatever play that is presented infront of them, not the other way round, just like the rest of us for survivor. It actually also show the greatness of 1 if they can adapt and emerge victorious regardless of the situation presented infront of them.

Leonidas
05-22-2010, 03:42 AM
Yet again, we have all the talk of how fast or slow the courts nowadays really are or slower/faster balls. Live with it, pros have to adapt to whatever play that is presented infront of them, not the other way round, just like the rest of us for survivor. It actually also show the greatness of 1 if they can adapt and emerge victorious regardless of the situation presented infront of them.

Alright, but then , who are in charge of deciding on whether or not the courts should be faster or slower? Same thing for the stupidity of thinking that we are still playing with wooden racquets and therefore we still need two serves *one for blasting the ball and not watching any tennis and the other one just in case you miss the first bomb. We should do things in favour of the show, not to please some kind of game or players