PDA

View Full Version : Gulbis Article

dincuss
05-20-2010, 02:08 PM
Good Read, didnt know he and Safin were friends....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/atptour/7737319/Ernests-Gulbis-see-the-ATP-Tour-as-just-fun-and-games.html

Outbeyond
05-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Well, at least he doesn't sound super stuck up or anything, at least not from this article. He seems like a kid in search of self, all well and good. And his final quote is apt and true.

As a player, it remains to be seen how far Gulbis will go. He may've beaten Fed once, but so have other lower-ranked players (sorry *******s...I didn't intend this meanly - it was Fed in his boredom, as we all know:)). Considering other top-ranked players, Gulby's never beaten them in all the times they've met: Nadal, Murray, Davydenko, Roddick, Del Potro, Verdasco, Tsonga. Gulbis only won one match against Djokovic a couple years ago.

I'd say this guy's got quite a ways to go before he's convincingly "real" - to me, anyway.

pjonesy
05-20-2010, 07:52 PM
Well, at least he doesn't sound super stuck up or anything, at least not from this article. He seems like a kid in search of self, all well and good. And his final quote is apt and true.

As a player, it remains to be seen how far Gulbis will go. He may've beaten Fed once, but so have other lower-ranked players (sorry *******s...I didn't intend this meanly - it was Fed in his boredom, as we all know:)). Considering other top-ranked players, Gulby's never beaten them in all the times they've met: Nadal, Murray, Davydenko, Roddick, Del Potro, Verdasco, Tsonga. Gulbis only won one match against Djokovic a couple years ago.

I'd say this guy's got quite a ways to go before he's convincingly "real" - to me, anyway.

The fact that he is trying to add new wrinkles to his game is encouraging. But, I agree that he needs more consistency and focus before we start predicting he will win slams.

SoBad
05-20-2010, 07:58 PM
As long as guys like Gulbis and Dimitrov are out there to sweep the tour, the legend of Safin lives!

rocket
05-21-2010, 08:48 AM
i like his attitude. i also like his sense of humor.

not a spoiled brat by any means.

PSNELKE
05-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Ahh Gulbis is something like a Safin imitator:

-they´re both ugly rippers
-they don´t take tennis seriously
-Gulbis was in jail and I bet Safin too
-both big hitters with huge potential but too lazy to handle with their potential
- both guys have sense of humor

The only difference is that Gulbis will end up without a GS win IMO.

stician
05-21-2010, 09:15 AM
he would fit in with hipsters in Brooklyn! jokes aside, he has a lot of talent and obviously hiding his fire to improve. titles, money and ranking in this order will come naturally if he keeps working hard.

OKUSA
05-21-2010, 09:15 AM
good article

tahiti
05-21-2010, 11:57 AM
I really like Gulbis. When he plays well he's great to watch and he has a great attitude.

Chace
05-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Good article.. I am a fan of Gulbis...hopefully he will make the most of his talent