PDA

View Full Version : French Open tough potential quarter- Stosur vs Henin

callmethedoctor
05-21-2010, 02:14 PM
Who do we think will win? Both are great on clay and are coming off some big wins in the past couple months. The draw seems quite top heavy to me. Henin is the favorite, but Stosur can pull off some astounding tennis when the conditions are right.

pjonesy
05-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Who do we think will win? Both are great on clay and are coming off some big wins in the past couple months. The draw seems quite top heavy to me. Henin is the favorite, but Stosur can pull off some astounding tennis when the conditions are right.

Please quit talking about these two! Until Henin starts winning majors again, she is not a contender. When Stroser starts getting to Grand Slam finals, I will start paying attention to her. Its still the Williams sisters, Clijsters, Kutzenova and everybody else as far as I am concerned!

JeMar
05-21-2010, 02:32 PM
Henin will go out in the first week, or will go on to win the entire tournament.

callmethedoctor
05-21-2010, 03:04 PM
Please quit talking about these two! Until Henin starts winning majors again, she is not a contender. When Stroser starts getting to Grand Slam finals, I will start paying attention to her. Its still the Williams sisters, Clijsters, Kutzenova and everybody else as far as I am concerned!

Umm, Henin has won the past three French Opens that she has played, and she just won Stuttgart earlier this month. Stosur had a semifinal run at last year's French Open and is coming off a great victory in Charleston and a final run in Stuttgart, both on clay.

Venus sucks on clay. Clijsters is not playing the tournament. Kuznetsova is doing terrible and isn't expected to get past the 3rd or 4th round. As far as I'm concerned, you know nothing about tennis except that Serena is another potential favorite. However, the winner of Henin/Stosur will likely beat Serena the following match.

Big_Dangerous
05-21-2010, 03:14 PM

Lmao, she retired for nearly two years came back and made it to the finals @ the Aussie open.... Yeah, she's a contender....

Clijsters pulled out, lmao...

bluetrain4
05-21-2010, 03:56 PM

Do you really think it's the "Williams sisters" and not just Serena, especially on clay?

I mean, I get that they are always linked because they're sisters and both are multiple Slam champs. But, Serena has been measurably better than Venus for a while now, and Venus has not seriously contended outside of Wimbledon for quite some time.

thalivest
05-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Do you really think it's the "Williams sisters" and not just Serena, especially on clay?

I mean, I get that they are always linked because they're sisters and both are multiple Slam champs. But, Serena has been measurably better than Venus for a while now, and Venus has not seriously contended outside of Wimbledon for quite some time.

No at the French it is the Williams sisters in that neither of the Williams sisters are ever winning there again.

scotus
05-21-2010, 05:02 PM
This is the toughest quarter of the women's draw.

It has Serena, Justine, Sam Stosur, Zheng, Peer, Bartoli and even Sharapova.

The other 3 quarters look like cakewalks compared to this one.

THUNDERVOLLEY
05-21-2010, 05:03 PM
Umm, Henin has won the past three French Opens that she has played, and she just won Stuttgart earlier this month. Stosur had a semifinal run at last year's French Open and is coming off a great victory in Charleston and a final run in Stuttgart, both on clay.

Venus sucks on clay. Clijsters is not playing the tournament. Kuznetsova is doing terrible and isn't expected to get past the 3rd or 4th round. As far as I'm concerned, you know nothing about tennis except that Serena is another potential favorite. However, the winner of Henin/Stosur will likely beat Serena the following match.

There are no guarantees in tennis. Further, a potential SW v. JH is not as easily predicted as you might think. This "new," Henin (who tweaked her game for another surface) was not all that impressive in the AO final against you-know-who. For the women's side, this FO is a toss-up regarding potential winners.