PDA

View Full Version : Buh Bye Stanford...sorry Fedace.

Jakes On A Plane
05-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Clayton couldn't even win his match at #3. Choke.

Jakes On A Plane
05-21-2010, 02:19 PM
Congrats to the 7 people in the poll who chose Stanford to lose in the Round of 16.

SirSweetSpot
05-21-2010, 02:32 PM
Too bad, so sad fed-ahh-chee

socaltennnis
05-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Congrats to the 7 people in the poll who chose Stanford to lose in the Round of 16.

Obviously. UCLA has been in at least every quarterfinals or better for the last 20 years while Stanford has not.

Puredrivetennis
05-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Obviously. UCLA has been in at least every quarterfinals or better for the last 20 years while Stanford has not.

agreed. ucla is too tough throughout the whole lineup and a much better tournament team.

HunterST
05-21-2010, 04:02 PM
Man, Clayton is a huge disappointment. He went from a start athlete at number one to struggling at #3.

Fee
05-21-2010, 04:08 PM
Man, Clayton is a huge disappointment. He went from a start athlete at number one to struggling at #3.

Now you see why members of this forum have been begging Fraudace to change his avatar for at least two years. He cursed Alex and ruined his career just as he cursed Matt Bruch before that.

SirSweetSpot
05-21-2010, 04:08 PM
^^ Certainly can't help.

Tennis_Crazed
05-21-2010, 10:25 PM
hahaha come on guys..don't hate on someone for supporting his team!!

Norcal sports fans are like that!

chrisplchs
05-22-2010, 05:51 PM
What a shot by Barte on match point. She is by far the most versatile player/best all court game in women's college tennis. I normally do not cheer for Stanford but I'll make an exception this time as I can't stand seeing cheaters win.

That said, Florida Gators are going to be hard to be in the finals

SirSweetSpot
05-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Fedace, could you find out if Alex thinks I'm cool?

Joeyg
05-24-2010, 03:37 PM
Maybe he can introduce you to Destiny?

LeeD
05-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Alex is still a very good player, and an overacheiver considering his actual skill and natural talent.
Stanford doesn't have the big hitter power potential guy, someone who can make the step to Men's Pro....or women's pro. They have a bunch of hard working blue collar guys who maximise their potential, but they are not great athletes.
No serve, no weapons. I mean at THEIR level.

SuperDuy
05-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Alex is still a very good player, and an overacheiver considering his actual skill and natural talent.
Stanford doesn't have the big hitter power potential guy, someone who can make the step to Men's Pro....or women's pro. They have a bunch of hard working blue collar guys who maximise their potential, but they are not great athletes.
Thats true leed there is better athletes out there.

LeeD
05-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Yeah, it was evident in the Ojai finals, both Stanford's men and women's finalists having major flaws in their game for the next level.
Woman finalist was tiny, not all that fast, and relied on perfectly placed shots.
Mens, I thought lefty had a serve. Nope, he only has a wide slice. USC guy was 15-25mph FASTER on first serves, and could hit forehands faster too.
Naturally, Stanford lost both finals to superior athletes. Women's, bigger stronger athlete.

chrisplchs
05-25-2010, 02:13 PM

I wouldn't say that. Clayton is one of the best ball strikers in college tennis (at least when I saw him last year). His problem is his lack of movement and condition. Maybe guys like Hirshman and Wire are blue collar but Clayton is an excellent talent. He has great skills off the ground but needs improvement elsewhere.

Klahn is nasty good but mentally he is awful. Thacher is also mentally weak but different from Klahn. Thacher just can't seem to focus for an entire match while Klahn is too temperamental

LeeD
05-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Klahn is lefty, mostly mental stability challenged, like all lefties ...:oops:
Me included.
But none of the top 3 have a real pro level serve.

farmpro
05-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Me included.

Clayton and Klahn routinely hit first serves 120+ so I'm going to have to say "no" to that one...

Fedace
05-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Me included.

Bradley is probably one of the most mentally tough if not the toughest player on the team. He is model student athlete. He is also a very kind and generous person as well. World would be a better place with more people like him.

aphex
05-29-2010, 03:37 AM
Bradley is probably one of the most mentally tough if not the toughest player on the team. He is model student athlete. He is also a very kind and generous person as well. World would be a better place with more people like him.

a model, a student and an athlete...wow!

LeeD
05-29-2010, 07:36 AM
1. 120 mph serves is averagedly slow in pro level.
2. They might be solid citizens, but you must not have watched them mentally fall apart in the Ojai finals. Watch it!

fruitytennis1
05-29-2010, 07:54 AM
Is 120 really slow for average at the pro level? Not talking like top 10

ClarkC
05-29-2010, 09:33 AM

No. Federer rarely hits much over 120. Placement is much more important when you already hit 120 than cranking it up to 130 would be.

aphex
05-29-2010, 10:18 AM

nonsense. don't listen to this fruitcake...he claims he used to serve in the mid 130s 40 years ago...

okdude1992
06-07-2010, 04:55 PM
nonsense. don't listen to this fruitcake...he claims he used to serve in the mid 130s 40 years ago...

bahahahaha. that is believable