PDA

View Full Version : Babolat line getting stale?

f200
04-15-2004, 07:46 PM
I've always looked forward to spring to look around at the new frames. Head and Prince look like the have some decent new offerings to demo. Anybody else feel like babolat's line is getting really stale though? I like that they stay with frames for a while, but you pretty much have the PD or PC, and that's it. I don't think the Aero stff is catching on, but maybe I'm just not paying attention.

david aames
04-15-2004, 08:39 PM
I've always looked forward to spring to look around at the new frames. Head and Prince look like the have some decent new offerings to demo. Anybody else feel like babolat's line is getting really stale though? I like that they stay with frames for a while, but you pretty much have the PD or PC, and that's it. I don't think the Aero stff is catching on, but maybe I'm just not paying attention.

Wait another month. They are supposed to launch a new frame. Nadal is supposedly playing with it right now -- do a search here, I think Parnell gave feedback on it.

Rocky Top
04-16-2004, 02:10 PM
Davd, isn't that going to be another one of those wide throat designs?

I am a big fan of Babolat strings, but have never found a racquet in their line that I really like. I'm surprised that they haven't put out anytihng under 97 sq in, because it seems like they are leaving some market share out there. I suppose they know awhat they are doing though, given their huge success over the past few years.

Feņa14
04-16-2004, 02:16 PM
I definetly think they are going stale, although who can argue with the price? they are a decent frame considering but nowhere near the standards of a POG or Prestige, I think they need to bring out a couple more "players" frames and that will make the PC & PD rackets more of a classic. Hey everyone loves a classic!

Liam

Koz
04-17-2004, 07:40 AM
I heard they're coming out with an Aero Pure Drive, or something along those lines. I'm not a big fan of that huuuuuuge aero frame though.