PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice the Nadal-Djoker H2H is the same as Nadal-Fed?

kraggy
05-23-2010, 09:07 AM
14-7 !

I'm pretty sure this has never happened before. The H2H between rank 2 and rank 3 , same as H2H between rank 2 and rank 1.

himynameisNIKE
05-23-2010, 09:11 AM
oh...my...god:shock:

Clay lover
05-23-2010, 09:47 AM
If Nadal beats Djoker on the way to the final and Federer in the final, make that 15-7 for both guys.

Hitman
05-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Only difference is Federer has wins over Rafa on ALL surfaces.

However Djokovic has a commanding lead on a particular surface, hard courts.

TheLoneWolf
05-23-2010, 09:49 AM
14-7 !

I'm pretty sure this has never happened before. The H2H between rank 2 and rank 3 , same as H2H between rank 2 and rank 1.
The end is near. I have been saying it for ages! LOL

TMF
05-23-2010, 10:07 AM
H2h is one thing, but if we were to judge who's better on 3 different sufaces, then I would rank them in this order:

Hardcourt:
1 Federer
2 Djokovic
3 Nadal

Grass:
1 Federer
2 Nadal
3 Djokovic

Clay:
1 Nadal
2 Federer
3 Djokovic

If we give 3 points for rank #1, two points for rank #2, and 1 point for rank #3, then their total points would be:

Roger = 8 points
Nadal = 6
Djokovic = 4

GasquetGOAT
05-23-2010, 10:13 AM
H2h is one thing, but if we were to judge who's better on 3 different sufaces, then I would rank them in this order:

Hardcourt:
1 Federer
2 Djokovic
3 Nadal

Grass:
1 Federer
2 Nadal
3 Djokovic

Clay:
1 Nadal
2 Federer
3 Djokovic

If we give 3 points for rank #1, two points for rank #2, and 1 point for rank #3, then their total points would be:

Roger = 8 points
Nadal = 6
Djokovic = 4

Why bother?

A more straight forward way of ranking them:

Federer = 16
Nadal = 6
Djokovic = 1

Gasquet = 0

dh003i
05-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Why bother?

Federer = 16
Nadal = 6
Djokovic = 1

Or we could adjust for age, or years after winning first slam, and even then Federer still comes out ahead.

Mustard
05-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Yes, I knew.

davey25
05-23-2010, 10:39 AM
Djokovic is a much tougher opponent for Nadal then Federer. Djokovic has been nearly untouchable for Nadal on hard courts for the last 3 years. Nadal has only one twice, at the TMC in 2007 when Djokovic was exhausted and in semi-tank mode and went 0-6 in sets, and the only impressive win being the Olympic semis where Nadal's mental toughness allowed him to claw out the match despite being completely overpowered in the last 2 sets. Nadal is arguably the favorite when he plays Federer on any surface, even hard courts, not even close to true when he plays Djokovic on hard courts.

Djokovic has consistently given Nadal tougher matches on clay of late. He has also never ran into an overly fatigued Nadal like Federer did in the Madrid final last year. Federer basically owes that particular win to Djokovic.

Only on grass is Federer a tougher opponent for Nadal than Djokovic.

Mustard
05-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Nadal has had his wins over Djokovic on hardcourts as well. 2007 Indian Wells, 2007 Masters Cup, 2008 Olympics.

Notice that when Djokovic has beaten Nadal, it's always been on hardcourts and always in straight sets. If the match is on another surface or if the match is close, Nadal has always won.

davey25
05-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Well I said in the last 3 years which would discount Indian Wells 2007. Basically since Djokovic won his first Masters in Miami (aka when he first became someone important amongst the elite) Nadal has only won twice on hard courts, and one of them was at that TMC where Djokovic was zombieing around and getting destroyed by Gasquet and Ferrer. Nadal can pull off an "upset" win over Djokovic on hard courts, but there is no doubt Djokovic is the favorite when they play on that surface and if he is in top form he can blow right through Nadal in fact. As you say Djokovic has slammed Nadal many times on hard courts in the last few years. 6 times in fact pretty easy straight set wins, 3 or 4 of those blowouts. This isnt the situation at all when it comes to Federer vs Nadal on any surface, not even hard courts.

Tony48
05-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I noticed this a few days ago. I'm still waiting for Djokovic and Nadal to play at the Australian Open or the U.S. Open. :)

TMF
05-23-2010, 11:48 AM
Yeah, I noticed this a few days ago. I'm still waiting for Djokovic and Nadal to play at the Australian Open or the U.S. Open. :)

Nadal is very lucky not to face Novak in both of those slams. The result would be the same with Murray owning Rafa at the hc slams.

davey25
05-23-2010, 11:50 AM
Nadal is very lucky not to face Novak in both of those slams. The result would be the same with Murray owning Rafa at the hc slams.

For once we agree on something. I dont see Nadal beating Djokovic should they play in a hard court slam. Of course one could say Federer has been lucky to play Nadal so little in hard court slams too.

Cesc Fabregas
05-23-2010, 01:54 PM
Nadal could beat Djokovic at the Australian imo, probably not the US Open.

Telepatic
05-23-2010, 02:13 PM

Djokovic always happens to be in Federer's half in HC slams since USO 07 Final, its kinda pitty.

TheTruth
05-23-2010, 10:34 PM
Well I said in the last 3 years which would discount Indian Wells 2007. Basically since Djokovic won his first Masters in Miami (aka when he first became someone important amongst the elite) Nadal has only won twice on hard courts, and one of them was at that TMC where Djokovic was zombieing around and getting destroyed by Gasquet and Ferrer. Nadal can pull off an "upset" win over Djokovic on hard courts, but there is no doubt Djokovic is the favorite when they play on that surface and if he is in top form he can blow right through Nadal in fact. As you say Djokovic has slammed Nadal many times on hard courts in the last few years. 6 times in fact pretty easy straight set wins, 3 or 4 of those blowouts. This isnt the situation at all when it comes to Federer vs Nadal on any surface, not even hard courts.

Nadal agreed with this.

Dreamer
05-24-2010, 11:16 AM

Hardcourt:
1 Federer
2 Djokovic
3 Nadal

Grass:
1 Federer
2 Nadal
3 Djokovic

Clay:
1 Nadal
2 Federer
3 Djokovic

Roger = 8 points
Nadal = 6
Djokovic = 4

I can tell you've never taken a statistics class.

ChanceEncounter
05-24-2010, 02:49 PM
I can tell you've never taken a statistics class.
I can tell you haven't either and are just trying to sound highfalutin and faux-intelligent when you choose to remark about this rudimentary rubric.

Dreamer
05-24-2010, 06:08 PM
I can tell you haven't either and are just trying to sound highfalutin and faux-intelligent when you choose to remark about this rudimentary rubric.

Hum I think you also should enroll with him next semester. Otherwise you would agree with me that his made up values are so arbitrary, that they don't actually mean anything.

tlm
05-24-2010, 06:42 PM
How about rafa 14-7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slicefox
05-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Why bother?

Federer = 16
Nadal = 6
Djokovic = 1

WIN!!!!!!!!!!

Rhino
05-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Interesting. Djokovic was lucky to get to play Nadal 3 times during the '09 Nadal slump. The Federer/Nadal H2H could have benefited from a few matches during that time too.

flyinghippos101
05-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Why bother?

Federer = 16
Nadal = 6
Djokovic = 1

Gasquet = 0

How about 14-7? Straight forward enough for ya?:)

Rhino
05-25-2010, 05:57 PM
Anyone notice that Federer and Roddick have lost exactly the same amount of matches in their career?

DMan
05-26-2010, 12:45 AM
Djokovic is a much tougher opponent for Nadal then Federer. Djokovic has been nearly untouchable for Nadal on hard courts for the last 3 years. Nadal has only one twice, at the TMC in 2007 when Djokovic was exhausted and in semi-tank mode and went 0-6 in sets, and the only impressive win being the Olympic semis where Nadal's mental toughness allowed him to claw out the match despite being completely overpowered in the last 2 sets. Nadal is arguably the favorite when he plays Federer on any surface, even hard courts, not even close to true when he plays Djokovic on hard courts.

Djokovic has consistently given Nadal tougher matches on clay of late. He has also never ran into an overly fatigued Nadal like Federer did in the Madrid final last year. Federer basically owes that particular win to Djokovic.

Only on grass is Federer a tougher opponent for Nadal than Djokovic.

Nadal is the favorite against Federer....on *any* surface!

Methinks not.

Oh, and Federer owes his '09 win in Madrid over Nadal to one person, and one person only: Federer!

vortex1
05-26-2010, 01:03 AM
Nadal will soon turn GOAT into PIGEON.

jtatsiue
05-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Or we could adjust for age, or years after winning first slam, and even then Federer still comes out ahead.

Or we could compare the number of slam wins for Fed since Rafa won his first, Fed has 12 to Rafa's 6. Rafa's winning record against Fed is mainly attributable to his dominance on clay; 10 of his 14 wins have been on clay.