PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have Gulbis??

richied
05-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Ruined MY FO CONTEST!!! I had him as a 1/4finalist...If he lost playing well no prob, however, he was crap!

Anyone else pick him to go a long way?

norbac
05-23-2010, 04:22 PM
I have Benneteau winning the whole thing, so I'm good.

Marius_Hancu
05-23-2010, 04:36 PM
Ruined MY FO CONTEST!!! I had him as a 1/4finalist...If he lost playing well no prob, however, he was crap!

Anyone else pick him to go a long way?Saw him in QF, disappointing.

myservenow
05-23-2010, 04:38 PM
The more things change, the more they stay the same. Tennis seems to evolve by the week (except for the top 2 really). Too bad, i though Gulbis had something to show in Paris.

ubermeyer
05-23-2010, 04:43 PM

Well, you can't count on him not to be crap, if this is what you call crap. Gulbis is really unreliable and putting him as 1/4 finalist is really risky. He could get to Semis (with an easy draw) or he could lose in the first round like he did.

Shaolin
05-23-2010, 05:30 PM
All is not lost. Im sure a lot of people had him going deep due to recent form.

RoddickAce
05-23-2010, 05:34 PM

I have Roddick over Feliciano Lopez (no surprise, the heavy favourites and clay court maestros) in the finals, so I'm gonna have to find out tomorrow.:)

vortex1
05-23-2010, 05:40 PM

It's your fault. Gulbis is nothing but a ball basher who caught a hot streak against unsuspecting Nadal and Federer playing in clown mode. He didn't do anything impressive in all his career. The bandwagoning is really annoying. I even saw somewhere that Gulbis was #4 fav to win RG. Really? I'd give Clownga better chance.

blaby
05-23-2010, 08:54 PM

why benneteau of all people?

MichaelNadal
05-23-2010, 08:59 PM
It's your fault. Gulbis is nothing but a ball basher who caught a hot streak against unsuspecting Nadal and Federer playing in clown mode. He didn't do anything impressive in all his career. The bandwagoning is really annoying. I even saw somewhere that Gulbis was #4 fav to win RG. Really? I'd give Clownga better chance.

I have to agree with this post...

OKUSA
05-23-2010, 09:00 PM
Wanted to see him at least get to Federer

Serendipitous
05-23-2010, 09:00 PM
:( So much Gulbis hate on the internets.... :(

kraggy
05-23-2010, 09:06 PM
why benneteau of all people?

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic :-)

Scientist
05-23-2010, 09:06 PM
It's because he's a rich sissy child who gets by on talent

Carsomyr
05-23-2010, 09:17 PM
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic :-)

Nah, I don't think so - I have Benneteau taking home the trophy, too.

Puredrivetennis
05-23-2010, 09:27 PM
huge shame.. benneteau has major talent , though

Smurf
05-23-2010, 10:33 PM
damn I had him going to the 4th round.

SoBad
05-23-2010, 10:39 PM
Gulbis got injured. It happens in sports. Opens up the quarter for the lesser players (yes, including the so-called "multiple slam wonders"). Let's move forward.

nadal era
05-23-2010, 10:59 PM
this loss makes federer guaranteed a place in the final.
shows how pathetic the lack of depth in this era is.
why dont we just automatically put federer in the final every year because no one else can challenge the guy.
federer's dominance has effectively killed tennis, people have lost interest in the sport similar to how formula 1 lost interst when schumacher was dominating.

federer has no challengers left, its impossible to beat this guy in grand slams.

why cant we just give him 20 free grand slam trophies if he agrees to retire.
the guy is just hanging around and hanging around and not allowing a new generation to have their time.
he has done it all, and its time for him to retire.

i just cannot stomach another grand slam final with federer in it.
give someone else a chance.
he has the easiest draw aswell.

*sigh*

Smurf
05-24-2010, 12:37 AM
this loss makes federer guaranteed a place in the final.
shows how pathetic the lack of depth in this era is.
why dont we just automatically put federer in the final every year because no one else can challenge the guy.
federer's dominance has effectively killed tennis, people have lost interest in the sport similar to how formula 1 lost interst when schumacher was dominating.

federer has no challengers left, its impossible to beat this guy in grand slams.

why cant we just give him 20 free grand slam trophies if he agrees to retire.
the guy is just hanging around and hanging around and not allowing a new generation to have their time.
he has done it all, and its time for him to retire.

i just cannot stomach another grand slam final with federer in it.
give someone else a chance.
he has the easiest draw aswell.

*sigh*

Stay on topic dude, I think Sod will get to the Q's and push fed to 4.

Marius_Hancu
05-24-2010, 02:00 AM
I think Sod will get to the Q's and push fed to 4.

That's what I expect too.

jman
05-24-2010, 02:20 AM
i had gulbis in for 1/4 match too. Then again, I think most people in the tipping competition picked Gulbis in for 1/4's. Anyway I have Federer vs Berdych Semi #1 and Nadal vs Ferrero Semi #2.

kishnabe
05-24-2010, 05:02 PM
Damm I picked a gulbis and gasquet semifinal :(....My draw is no fun!