PDA

View Full Version : LM rad MP vs LM pres MP

strife726
04-15-2004, 08:11 PM
Has anyone here tried both frames? If so, which did you like better? What racket would you say had more pop on serves and groundies?

tarheelbornjohn
04-16-2004, 05:36 AM
Radical has more "pop" on the serves and the Prestige is better with groundstroks. The Radical is lighter an stiffer. The choice should be what you like to play with. They are very different racquets. I have used both and the radical is too light. I could have adjusted with some lead tape. However, I like the flex of the racquet even if it takes a little "pop" out of it. I don't need the extra pop I need the added control. However, if you need the pop and like the stiff sticks, the prestige is not the racquet for you. My take is hard hitting (need control) 4.0-7.0 players that baseline should try the Prestige mid, same player that plays singles and doubles may like the Prestige mp more, 4.0-5.0 players looking for some added pop on serves and groundstrokes should look at the radical. All is subjective.

lajollatnsplyr
04-17-2004, 08:09 PM
I played with both and chose the Prestige MP for the wieght. I also added lead at 3 & 9 and really improved stability and the increased swing weight really hit a heavy ball. You do have to hit the sweetspot or it had a tendancy to spray the ball. I think within a month I will have my timing down. I am a solid player but like a bit larger head...although the MP is very small compared to other 98inch heads. I thought the MP was more like a 93 inch head but had great spin potential.

strife726
04-21-2004, 10:07 AM
Thankyou for the input guys. Another quick question, in terms of sweetspot, which is larger? Or are the sweetspots the same?