PDA

View Full Version : Which Men's Quarterfinal Are You Looking Forward To?

Walenty
05-24-2010, 12:16 PM
So, after looking through these forums for a while now I finally decided to become a member. :) My first question for you guys is: What potential quarter matchup are you looking forward to/do you think will be the best?

Federer vs. Cilic/Soderling: This repeat final would be my pick. Although Fed gives Soderling headaches to say the least, both of them have major points to defend, and it gives Soderling a chance to finally prove he belongs with the elite. This is all assuming Sod gets past Cilic, who hasn't been playing his best.

Murray/Berdych vs. Youzhny/Tsonga: Hopefully Murray and Tsonga will make the quarters, as neither of their first rounders were exactly impressive. (Especially Murray, who in essence pretty much lost to Gasquet in my book). For that reason I threw up the Bird and Youzhny for longshots.

Roddick/Ferrer vs. Djokovic: Roddick couldn't get by Monfils in the round of 16 last year, though he has improved since then. I would venture to say this will be a Ferrer-Djoker quarter.

Verdasco/Gonzalez vs. Nadal: I just hope this ends up being Gonzalez-Nadal quarter, else Almagro or Verdasco just ends up bending over to Nadal. Pretty safe bet Nadal will win regardless.

Thoughts?

joeri888
05-24-2010, 12:40 PM
None really. This tournament is gonna get more boring as things progress. Federer and Nadal seem to have little competition.

Cyan
05-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Serena vs Henin.

WTA >> ATP

Serendipitous
05-24-2010, 12:42 PM
Gulbis vs. Feddy

Walenty
05-24-2010, 12:56 PM
None really. This tournament is gonna get more boring as things progress. Federer and Nadal seem to have little competition.

I see your point, the loss of Davy and JMDP, not to mention Gulbis definitely hurts this slam. Not to mention the disparity between Fed-Nadal and everyone else.

Walenty
05-24-2010, 12:59 PM
Gulbis vs. Feddy

If only....If only :)

zagor
05-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Was looking forward to Gulbis-Fed but now that is no longer an option,I don't really know.Verdasco-Novak maybe? I still think Novak will take him out in a best of five despite the fact that Nando got the better of him last few times they played.

TheDLink
05-24-2010, 02:24 PM
roddick vs. djokovic
or
gonzalez vs. nadal

Telepatic
05-24-2010, 02:37 PM
Was looking forward to Gulbis-Fed but now that is no longer an option,I don't really know.Verdasco-Novak maybe? I still think Novak will take him out in a best of five despite the fact that Nando got the better of him last few times they played.

I believe you thought Ferrer-Novak since Verdasco is in Nadal's quarter..^^
I think Fed-Soderling could be interesting but Fed still winning it in 3, not really much competition on clay these days..

billnepill
05-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Ferrer vs Djokovic

It will be a nice match since Ferrer has had a good clay season so far.
Also I'm looking forward to some big upset to make the tournament more exciting.

RoddickAce
05-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Berdych vs. Tsonga would be pretty nice. Tons of big hitting. I don't think they've faced each other recently, or ever actually, on a big stage.

Walenty
05-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Ferrer vs Djokovic

It will be a nice match since Ferrer has had a good clay season so far.
Also I'm looking forward to some big upset to make the tournament more exciting.

Yeah if Ferrer plays like he did at Rome this year he will give Djoker a run for his money, and Novak will have to prove he's the current number three on clay.

Berdych vs. Tsonga would be pretty nice. Tons of big hitting. I don't think they've faced each other recently, or ever actually, on a big stage.

Interestingly enough, neither murray/berdych nor youzhny/tsonga have played each other on clay before, even before the quarters.

Feņa14
05-24-2010, 03:35 PM
I think Djokovic v Ferrer and Murray v Tsonga look like being the closer/better of the matches.

The clash of styles between Tsonga and Murray would be something i'd like to see personally.

statto
05-24-2010, 03:41 PM
The one I'd be most interested in seeing would be Federer/Soderling, but Federer/Cilic holds zero interest for me, so I went for Roddick/Ferrer vs Djokovic because either of those matches would be interesting.

West Coast Ace
05-24-2010, 03:52 PM
With the # of injured males and the number of top guys coming in with no form, the potential for another Fed/Rafa final is it.

kishnabe
05-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Nadal/Verdasco....I want to know if Verdasco will man up!

djokovicgonzalez2010
05-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Soderling def Federer 6-7 (4) 7-6 (9) 6-7 (5) 6-4 6-4