PDA

View Full Version : All right...Fess up...

CanadianChic
05-25-2010, 06:16 AM
Okay, who watched the premiere of the Bachelorette last night? Anyone? I know you're out there so climb out of the closet and join me in the seasonal mockery.

Things that bugged me:

1.) Why was Ali walking around the entire show with her shoulders hunched up like a linebacker? Was she cold? Scared? Did her dress not fit? Bizarre.

2.) Why was everyone so angry at the wrestler (sorry but names elude me at this early stage)? So he was wearing a ridiculous t-shirt that made him look like a tool but at least he appeared at least half-assed genuine.

3.) What was up with that rude guy's hair? Even still...why on earth would she give him a rose? He looks like Tori Spelling's husband and that ain't pretty.

4.) Anyone else think the weatherman is trying just a tad too hard? Maybe he's overcompensating for his height, or the fact that he looks a little like Tom Cruise.

5.) I kind of liked the outdoorsman for the exception of all the dead animals he proudly displays all over his mountain abode. Did he really think a city girl would fit in to this lifestyle? Sure, opposites attract but come on.

6.) Anyone know why the man with the angular face and beady little rat eyes speaks as he does? Does he have a hearing problem or a speech impediment? He seems decent enough (so far).

7.) What can be said about the creepy stalker who has already declared his love for her to the cameras at least a half dozen times? Where do the producers find these nut cases?

8.) She didn't seem intoxicated so I am astounded at her picks. Uggh! I will say it was no surprise she let go of Shooter. I mean really - what grown man still goes by his college nickname? What grown man tells a woman he just met that he got that nickname from being a little too speedy with the ladies? Gross. Did he expect her to call him Shooter? I was embarrassed for him...he seems oblivious to just how big a freak he came across as. I loved how he was angry to have not received a rose because he told her his little secret. Hey pal...some things are best kept to yourself....FOREVER!!

9.) I like the guy from Cape Cod (Chris?). First impressions showed him to be at least half normal. I do believe I will root for him (for now anyway).

What are your thoughts?

Steady Eddy
05-25-2010, 03:03 PM
I will say it was no surprise she let go of Shooter. I mean really - what grown man still goes by his college nickname? What grown man tells a woman he just met that he got that nickname from being a little too speedy with the ladies? Gross. Did he expect her to call him Shooter? I was embarrassed for him...he seems oblivious to just how big a freak he came across as. I loved how he was angry to have not received a rose because he told her his little secret. Hey pal...some things are best kept to yourself....FOREVER!!

:confused: :shock: :oops:

IceNineTX
05-25-2010, 03:06 PM
I'll admit to watching the Bachelor.

But the hot tub scenes in the Bachelorette are just way less appealing for some reason.

Ali was the sure winner last time, but flaked out. How did she deal with her work situation that seemed to rule over her last time?

himynameisNIKE
05-25-2010, 04:15 PM
youre single arent you?

IceNineTX
05-25-2010, 05:04 PM
youre single arent you?

Heh, if you are a guy and watch the Bachelor, it means you have a wife who forces you. I think most single guys certainly would NOT watch.

himynameisNIKE
05-25-2010, 05:26 PM
Heh, if you are a guy and watch the Bachelor, it means you have a wife who forces you. I think most single guys certainly would NOT watch.

hahahaha not you, CC

Steady Eddy
05-25-2010, 07:21 PM
hahahaha not you, CCI thought you were talking to "shooter".

CanadianChic
05-25-2010, 10:48 PM
I thought you were talking to "shooter".

I do believe he is trying to take a shot at me. (No pun intended).

Steady Eddy
05-25-2010, 10:50 PM
I do believe he is trying to take a shot at me. (No pun intended).Oh no! DUCK!! :twisted:

zapvor
05-26-2010, 06:51 AM
haha cc is so single i bet

LuckyR
05-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Okay, who watched the premiere of the Bachelorette last night? Anyone? I know you're out there so climb out of the closet and join me in the seasonal mockery.

Things that bugged me:

1.) Why was Ali walking around the entire show with her shoulders hunched up like a linebacker? Was she cold? Scared? Did her dress not fit? Bizarre.

2.) Why was everyone so angry at the wrestler (sorry but names elude me at this early stage)? So he was wearing a ridiculous t-shirt that made him look like a tool but at least he appeared at least half-assed genuine.

3.) What was up with that rude guy's hair? Even still...why on earth would she give him a rose? He looks like Tori Spelling's husband and that ain't pretty.

4.) Anyone else think the weatherman is trying just a tad too hard? Maybe he's overcompensating for his height, or the fact that he looks a little like Tom Cruise.

5.) I kind of liked the outdoorsman for the exception of all the dead animals he proudly displays all over his mountain abode. Did he really think a city girl would fit in to this lifestyle? Sure, opposites attract but come on.

6.) Anyone know why the man with the angular face and beady little rat eyes speaks as he does? Does he have a hearing problem or a speech impediment? He seems decent enough (so far).

7.) What can be said about the creepy stalker who has already declared his love for her to the cameras at least a half dozen times? Where do the producers find these nut cases?

8.) She didn't seem intoxicated so I am astounded at her picks. Uggh! I will say it was no surprise she let go of Shooter. I mean really - what grown man still goes by his college nickname? What grown man tells a woman he just met that he got that nickname from being a little too speedy with the ladies? Gross. Did he expect her to call him Shooter? I was embarrassed for him...he seems oblivious to just how big a freak he came across as. I loved how he was angry to have not received a rose because he told her his little secret. Hey pal...some things are best kept to yourself....FOREVER!!

9.) I like the guy from Cape Cod (Chris?). First impressions showed him to be at least half normal. I do believe I will root for him (for now anyway).

What are your thoughts?

Walked though the room a couple of time as my wife watched the show. In general I feel sorry for the Bachelorettes since the guys are generally good looking enough to have no shortage of opportunities back home hence the hanging on girlfriends issue of past seasons, as well as guys playing just to win even though they have no interest in the Bachelorette.

The girls that the Bachelors seek, seem to be a bit more sincere.

CanadianChic
05-27-2010, 12:50 AM
Hey people, I am an equal opportunity mocker. I slam the females just the same and do so on all my mockery shows (otherwise what is the point of watching these people if not to point out their very obvious shortcomings). Now as for my status, I am not married but even if I were, I would still have created the thread, so if any insult was intended, it didn't affect me.

I disagree Lucky - I see it as desperation as opposed to sincerity. People will say and do what is necessary as we have seen in seasons past. I don't believe any normal relationship can be formed on a show where (at least this season) they will be traveling the world. Everyone looks great on the beach and at a candlelit dinner when you only see them a few times a week. Perhaps that is why so few of these relationships ever last....they are idealized and once reality crashes down he/she just ain't the catch they appeared to be in Bermuda. Does your wife agree with my comments?

LuckyR
05-27-2010, 12:19 PM
Hey people, I am an equal opportunity mocker. I slam the females just the same and do so on all my mockery shows (otherwise what is the point of watching these people if not to point out their very obvious shortcomings). Now as for my status, I am not married but even if I were, I would still have created the thread, so if any insult was intended, it didn't affect me.

I disagree Lucky - I see it as desperation as opposed to sincerity. People will say and do what is necessary as we have seen in seasons past. I don't believe any normal relationship can be formed on a show where (at least this season) they will be traveling the world. Everyone looks great on the beach and at a candlelit dinner when you only see them a few times a week. Perhaps that is why so few of these relationships ever last....they are idealized and once reality crashes down he/she just ain't the catch they appeared to be in Bermuda. Does your wife agree with my comments?

She agrees that the show is completely unrealistic and not the basis for a real relationship, statistically. Her (our) interest in the show beyond mocking the easily mockable, is to decide whether or not we like/respect the Bachelor(ette) and then either root for the worst possible match if we don't like them or the best possible match if we do.

We rooted for Vienna last time...

CanadianChic
05-27-2010, 05:16 PM
Haha, excellent. I didn't like Jake either.

Davis937
05-28-2010, 08:04 PM
I have no time to watch shows like the inane "Bachelorette" ... I'm too busy viewing the more intellectually stimulating and mentally challenged Pubic TV (love that show Nova ... I think it might be about American automobiles) ... how else can a guy get more edumacation ...

Tina
05-28-2010, 08:14 PM
I have no time to watch shows like the inane "Bachelorette" ... I'm too busy viewing the more intellectually stimulating and mentally challenged Pubic TV (love that show Nova ... I think it might be about American automobiles) ... how else can a guy get more edumacation ...

you watched "good wife"...

Davis937
05-29-2010, 12:47 AM
you watched "good wife"...

*smile* ... you're right, Tina ... I guess I just got busted ... however, that show has some socially redeeming and dramatic value ... I don't quite see those qualities in "Bachelorette" ...

CanadianChic
05-29-2010, 03:38 AM
Davis, I never claimed it was intellectually stimulating...in fact, quite the opposite. We watch it for the sheer mock value...like a freight train in the making.

Now, I watch Nature and 48 Hours Mystery for my edumacation. :)

120mphBodyServe
05-29-2010, 05:04 AM
How can you people watch this rubbish?

Davis937
05-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Davis, I never claimed it was intellectually stimulating...in fact, quite the opposite. We watch it for the sheer mock value...like a freight train in the making.

Now, I watch Nature and 48 Hours Mystery for my edumacation. :)

Hey, Chic ... I know ... just jerking you ... my source of intellectual diversion is "Sports Center" / ESPN ... also, why is it that every lady I know whatches 48 Hours ... no guys watch (... hmmm, maybe because 99.9 percent of the perps on the show are male)!

Davis937
05-29-2010, 02:37 PM

Rubbish in and rubbish out ... why do you think we're on this post!

CanadianChic
05-29-2010, 05:44 PM
Hey, Chic ... I know ... just jerking you ... my source of intellectual diversion is "Sports Center" / ESPN ... also, why is it that every lady I know whatches 48 Hours ... no guys watch (... hmmm, maybe because 99.9 percent of the perps on the show are male)!

Yeah, I know you were foolin'. I am a huge fan of true crime and like this show because it condenses the background, crime, investigation and court proceedings in one nice tidy little hour (I only bother with the murder episodes). I have a bookshelf designated to crime alone but this show is easily watchable at work with minimal thought required.

Now there are the shows for excitement: True Blood, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries. The shows for entertaiment: CSI, Criminal minds and The Mentalist. The shows for humour: The Big Bang Theory (okay, make that one show). The shows for background noise: Law & Order, Ghost Whisperer and Dateline. The shows for drama: Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy (even more so now that that annoying Katherine Heigl is off) and Gossip Girl. xoxo. And the shows for mockery: Big Brother, The Bachelor and Bachelorette and 90210.

Did I miss anything? ;)

CanadianChic
05-29-2010, 06:03 PM

Rubbish? Why blinkin' heck bloke! No need to chelp on the topic. Nothin' wrong with takin' the mickey out on a telly show with plenty of snoggin'. Right twats they are, the whole lot of em'. I'm a might reet on that score, no? Rubbish? Bah! Bollocks. Crikey... dog's dinner is what it is mate...I believe I've put paid to so no need for a barney chap. :)

Davis937
05-30-2010, 12:12 AM
Hey chic ... don't look now, but are you sure that's a bottle under your fleece ... *smile* ... just checking!! You're always a good sport ... and ... sweet ... in addition to being so charming, you're also pretty sharp and astute ... if you don't mind my asking, was wondering what kind of work you do (... you can be general about this, if you wish).

Davis937
05-30-2010, 12:16 AM
Yeah, I know you were foolin'. I am a huge fan of true crime and like this show because it condenses the background, crime, investigation and court proceedings in one nice tidy little hour (I only bother with the murder episodes). I have a bookshelf designated to crime alone but this show is easily watchable at work with minimal thought required.

Now there are the shows for excitement: True Blood, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries. The shows for entertaiment: CSI, Criminal minds and The Mentalist. The shows for humour: The Big Bang Theory (okay, make that one show). The shows for background noise: Law & Order, Ghost Whisperer and Dateline. The shows for drama: Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy (even more so now that that annoying Katherine Heigl is off) and Gossip Girl. xoxo. And the shows for mockery: Big Brother, The Bachelor and Bachelorette and 90210.

Did I miss anything? ;)

Yeah ... my dear, chic ... you neglected to mention my beloved "Sports Center" on ESPN (... go Yankees, Lakers, Raiders, Flyers ... and ... Tiger Woods)

Davis937
05-30-2010, 12:20 AM
Rubbish? Why blinkin' heck bloke! No need to chelp on the topic. Nothin' wrong with takin' the mickey out on a telly show with plenty of snoggin'. Right twats they are, the whole lot of em'. I'm a might reet on that score, no? Rubbish? Bah! Bollocks. Crikey... dog's dinner is what it is mate...I believe I've put paid to so no need for a barney chap. :)

blimey ... and what language was that, chic ... maybe southern canadian with a definite dash of a drawl ... you definitely lost me ... you know, you can swear on here if you wish, chic ... we promise not to tell anyone!

Tina
05-30-2010, 02:34 PM
Hey CC,

Talk about the word of Bachelorette. Please check my profile and I think I am running my version of TV show at this moment:)

-T

Davis937
05-30-2010, 04:31 PM
Hey CC,

Talk about the word of Bachelorette. Please check my profile and I think I am running my version of TV show at this moment:)

-T

Hey Tina ... I can see that you're an avowed bachelorette ... btw ... was wondering if you live in Atlanta ... was there last year ... I thought I saw a rabbit over there that looked exactly like you!

Davis937
05-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Hey, Chic ... and how about you ... are you also an avowed bachelorette ... or are you ... hmmm ... swayable? ... not quite sure if that's a word ... doesn't look quite right in print.

Tina
05-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Hey Tina ... I can see that you're an avowed bachelorette ... btw ... was wondering if you live in Atlanta ... was there last year ... I thought I saw a rabbit over there that looked exactly like you!

We might miss each other several times at Atlanta airport. I am living in southwest GA (2.5-3 hour drive from Atlanta). I was in Boston two years ago for a short stay:).

Davis937
05-31-2010, 04:45 AM
We might miss each other several times at Atlanta airport. I am living in southwest GA (2.5-3 hour drive from Atlanta). I was in Boston two years ago for a short stay:).

You're kidding me ... I was in Boston two years ago also (I'm serious) ... hey, I might have seen you at Logan Airport ... I saw something furry and white go hopping by as I rushed to my gate! Was wondering how your tennis game is coming along ... do you get to play much?

Tina
05-31-2010, 07:14 AM
You're kidding me ... I was in Boston two years ago also (I'm serious) ... hey, I might have seen you at Logan Airport ... I saw something furry and white go hopping by as I rushed to my gate! Was wondering how your tennis game is coming along ... do you get to play much?

not often this month because of my work schedule. I start playing and learning tennis in Jan, 2010. I am pretty new to this sport. How about you, my maid of honor?

Do you still keep your Georgia driving license?

Davis937
05-31-2010, 12:59 PM
not often this month because of my work schedule. I start playing and learning tennis in Jan, 2010. I am pretty new to this sport. How about you, my maid of honor?

Do you still keep your Georgia driving license?

Hey Tina ... I've been playing for many years (although there was a long period when I didn't play) ... I'm only recently getting back into the game because of a variety of physical problems (retinal eye surgery, achilles tendon problems, and plantar fasciitis) ... played yesterday for the first time in three months ... was great!

Tina
05-31-2010, 01:38 PM
Hey Tina ... I've been playing for many years (although there was a long period when I didn't play) ... I'm only recently getting back into the game because of a variety of physical problems (retinal eye surgery, achilles tendon problems, and plantar fasciitis) ... played yesterday for the first time in three months ... was great!

Glad to hear you are back for tennis. Hopefully, you've fully recovered from all these soon. Where is your location, my friend?

Davis937
05-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Glad to hear you are back for tennis. Hopefully, you've fully recovered from all these soon. Where is your location, my friend?

Hey Tina ... thanks for your words of encouragement ... yeah, I'm hoping I can play injury free for the summer ... I have my fingers crossed ... maybe I'll email my location to you, OK ...