PDA

View Full Version : Venus Williams's FO Underwear: !!??

Xenakis
05-25-2010, 07:40 AM
Erm. Speechless (in a bad way).

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2010/05/24/article-1274709329940-09B845CA000005DC-142562_466x429.jpg

Article here... http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/827579-venus-williams-french-open-flesh-toned-underwear-causes-a-stir

Delving deeper (cough) into other underwear mishaps and style faux pas...

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2010/05/25/article-1274798352648-09BFD693000005DC-885692_466x606.jpg
'Tamira Paszek's puppies make a break for freedom at the Australian Open in 2007'.

Article here.http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/827759-venus-williams-french-open-underwear-more-tennis-flesh-flashers

sureshs
05-25-2010, 08:02 AM
It is called skin-tone undies, you dirty-mind guys.

Texastennis
05-25-2010, 08:16 AM
I am a (middle aged!) woman and not dirty-minded at all - and I think it's utterly tasteless. If her goal is sexy, she totally missed it. I don't mind the dress at all if that's what she wants but wear some black underwear that matches the dress, not that.

Xenakis
05-25-2010, 08:23 AM
I am a (middle aged!) woman and not dirty-minded at all - and I think it's utterly tasteless. If her goal is sexy, she totally missed it. I don't mind the dress at all if that's what she wants but wear some black underwear that matches the dress, not that.

Agreed. Generally I think women should do what men do and wear sportswear when playing sport (most do to be fair).

Wearing what looks like a nightgown or an evening dress is really not a good idea. Not sexy at all, like wearing a boiler suit to a fancy restaurant, wrong outfit for the occasion. Nuls points for Williams here.

You have to be glad Wimbledon enforces some dress code when you see stuff lilke this.

Dutch-Guy
05-25-2010, 08:33 AM
She wore the same *** in AO this year.She really looks sl-tty.

decades
05-25-2010, 08:35 AM
this is wonderfully feminine...a classic elegant look on venus. perfect attire for center court.

ewww. are those sweat patches?

Juges8932
05-25-2010, 08:51 AM
Lol, I remember actually seeing 'em on that particular shot and did a double-take.

THUNDERVOLLEY
05-25-2010, 09:00 AM
I think it's utterly tasteless. If her goal is sexy, she totally missed it. I don't mind the dress at all if that's what she wants but wear some black underwear that matches the dress, not that.

It's over the top. Look, we all know Venus has her own fashion interests, but pushing the sexual envelope on court is rather pointless, and it comes off as though she's desperate for attention. Off-court, she should be free to wear whatever she wants, but on-court, it is unnecessary distraction, not attraction at work there.

burosky
05-25-2010, 09:08 AM
In the odds & ends discussion board there is a post for "best legs and other female issues". If this same outfit (of course with the appropriate change in colors to get the same effect) was worn by one of the gals considered attractive in that post, would there be any negative reactions to it (except for the women posters, maybe)? Just wondering....

Semi-Pro
05-25-2010, 09:16 AM
This is nothing. I remember seeing a picture of her wearing nothing under her tennis outfit somewhere. Not pleasant to say the least.

Fee
05-25-2010, 09:43 AM
This is nothing. I remember seeing a picture of her wearing nothing under her tennis outfit somewhere. Not pleasant to say the least.

No, you saw a picture of her wearing similar flesh colored shorts and it looked like she wasnt wearing anything. She's been wearing them all year. Do you honestly believe that any female tennis player would go on court with nothing on under her skirt?

sureshs
05-25-2010, 09:44 AM
Let him have his moments of fantasy.

jt1224x0
05-25-2010, 09:52 AM
The Williams sisters hate on this board continues... not surprising anymore but if y'all don't like it ignore it and move on!! Dios! She is wearing a brown underwear I don't see anything wrong with that.

jackson vile
05-25-2010, 10:11 AM
I don't see a problem, strange how guys can walk around with their shirts off all day and in underware in public and it's ok LOL

Topaz
05-25-2010, 10:14 AM
They aren't underwear, they are compression shorts.

Raindogs
05-25-2010, 10:17 AM
They're ghetto fabulous is what they are.

Omega_7000
05-25-2010, 11:00 AM
So I take it you are opposed to women playing tennis in a bikini?

sureshs
05-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Beach volleyball is the best

Hypatia
05-25-2010, 11:25 AM

Agree with this (although the modified Victoria's Secret look of the dress isn't in the best of taste, either). Flesh colored shorts are a terrible idea with a tennis dress, especially this tennis dress, whose look, color scheme, and cut is explicitly sexual. Wimbledon may be on the stuffy side but at least they spare their spectators and save the athletes from themselves.

Venus isn't alone on the women's side in wearing suggestive or revealing outfits, she's just moving the goalposts with this one.

Bhagi Katbamna
05-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Looks bad.

JackB1
05-25-2010, 12:03 PM
Would it be OK for a guy to go out there with no shorts but just flesh colored spandex around his package?

Venus is ridiculous with this outfit. It like half ballet, half nightie, half gross.
Why doesn't she concentrate on her game instead of figuring out sneaky ways of showing her @ss.

Fee
05-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Would it be OK for a guy to go out there with no shorts but just flesh colored spandex around his package?

Venus is ridiculous with this outfit. It like half ballet, half nightie, half gross.
Why doesn't she concentrate on her game instead of figuring out sneaky ways of showing her @ss.

Bad comparison, you aren't comparing shorts to shorts. Men don't wear skirts and men don't wear bloomers/shorts/whatevers under their skirts.

I personally have no problem with her undershorts, I got tired of having two choices - black or white - and I started wearing bike shorts under my skirts years ago just so I could wear gray since it looked better to me. I would love to be able to buy a pair in brown or beige as well. I don't like the dress just because I think it's poorly designed, as was the red one she wore in Miami 6 weeks ago.

I wonder if Sharapova would get this reaction if she was wearing that exact same outfit.

plum556
05-25-2010, 12:16 PM
There is a time and place for everything and even though I am a fan, this is off the meter. I was ready to slap her for the dress with the yellow slits and the flesh colored undewear at the AO.

I've been seeing more and more of this from the women pro players lately and it makes me cringe. If any of my daughters, and I have 4, ever wore something like this to a tennis match, I would beat them with a pole until I got tired and as soon as i rested up, I would do it all over again. i would'nt care how old they were.

Telepatic
05-25-2010, 12:19 PM
I think it's just shallow taste for fashion/bad try to get more sexy/get publicity, but after Serena's shirt:"Are you looking at my titles?" @last year's Wimby, I'm not surprised to see her sister with strange underwears as well..

Chris Rizutto
05-25-2010, 12:21 PM
They are both disgusting phonies.

plum556
05-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Bad comparison, you aren't comparing shorts to shorts. Men don't wear skirts and men don't wear bloomers/shorts/whatevers under their skirts.

I personally have no problem with her undershorts, I got tired of having two choices - black or white - and I started wearing bike shorts under my skirts years ago just so I could wear gray since it looked better to me. I would love to be able to buy a pair in brown or beige as well. I don't like the dress just because I think it's poorly designed, as was the red one she wore in Miami 6 weeks ago.

I wonder if Sharapova would get this reaction if she was wearing that exact same outfit.

What in the world would she have to put in it.:lol::lol:

Sephiroth619
05-25-2010, 12:23 PM
I'm not going to hate. The dress looks good on him.

plum556
05-25-2010, 12:29 PM

I don't know, it probably would look a lot better on you.

sureshs
05-25-2010, 12:43 PM

We need some pics here

Gustavo Kuerten
05-25-2010, 12:47 PM
I would rather see Serena in that outfit, to be honest.

YodaKnowsBest
05-25-2010, 01:01 PM

They dont make underwear in that size

:lol::lol::lol:

BreakPoint
05-25-2010, 01:08 PM
No, you saw a picture of her wearing similar flesh colored shorts and it looked like she wasnt wearing anything. She's been wearing them all year. Do you honestly believe that any female tennis player would go on court with nothing on under her skirt?
Actually, Jennifer Capriati did just that once at the U.S. Open. She forgot to put her panties on under her skirt and came out onto the court that way. True story.

It was in Armstrong stadium in either 1999 or 2000. I was there for the previous men's match (Todd Martin) and unfortunately left right before the next women's match was to come on, so I didn't get to see it with my own eyes, but I heard all about it afterwards. As you can imagine word of it spread around the grounds rather quickly. :)

mike84
05-25-2010, 01:15 PM
nasty.
http://magicref.tripod.com/internet/what-seen.jpg

bluetrain4
05-25-2010, 01:16 PM
Yeah this sort of shocked me. Personally, I don't care, but some people get upset.

Some women have always pushed the tennis-fashion boundaries, and often they're not playing in much more than a cocktail dress (remember Sharapova's sleek dresses from a few years back). But, they usually wear short biking shorts underneath, for the inevitable times when their skirt will lift up. Even if they are wearing regular underwear, at least have it be opaque and not see-through.

Again, I couldn't care less about seeing Venus' butt, but she should know some people will make a big deal of it.

nikdom
05-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Venus is very tall, skinny and not very curvaceous. If she wants to wear something that will complement her, she should wearing a slightly longer skirt than normal (unless she wants to look like Chopstick Woman).

As for the skin colored bicycle pants, why not paint a blob of yellow on the back to make it seem like doodoo? Its not really doodoo, but it'll look like it. It'll get her the eyeballs she seems to crave.

rovex
05-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Sharapova isn't as good looking now as she was in the past.

decades
05-25-2010, 01:32 PM
I think it's just shallow taste for fashion/bad try to get more sexy/get publicity, but after Serena's shirt:"Are you looking at my titles?" @last year's Wimby, I'm not surprised to see her sister with strange underwears as well..

Serena is a complex God fearing Church going girl who bears witnesses to our Saviour. It's fine that she is able to wear a shirt that asks if you are looking at her "titles", and has been known to forget to wear her big girl panties in public.

CCNM
05-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Venus' dress is lovely! flesh-colored panties? Uhhh, no. I'd expect her sister to wear those.

Fee
05-25-2010, 02:18 PM
Actually, Jennifer Capriati did just that once at the U.S. Open. She forgot to put her panties on under her skirt and came out onto the court that way. True story.

It was in Armstrong stadium in either 1999 or 2000. I was there for the previous men's match (Todd Martin) and unfortunately left right before the next women's match was to come on, so I didn't get to see it with my own eyes, but I heard all about it afterwards. As you can imagine word of it spread around the grounds rather quickly. :)

Panties or tennis pants? Surely she had underwear on, just forgot her 'bloomers' as they were called back then. How quickly was she able to fix the situation? All that involves is finding a pair and pulling them on. Again, no woman would go out on court with NOTHING on under her skirt. The breeze would be the first clue that something was wrong.

Xenakis
05-25-2010, 02:25 PM
I don't think this has anything to do with the fact it's one of the Williams sisters. She just looks stupid, and that she's tried far too hard, ironically.

Plenty of other female tennis players have worn stupid outfits over the years (some men too but less so for various cultural reasons), this recent Venus example is just one in a long line of strange wardrobe decisions.

It's a sport, wear sportswear (don't wear a dress or a catsuit or flesh coloured underpants/shorts, keep it simple).

rk_sports
05-25-2010, 03:57 PM
Did you guys catch this topic on Tonight Show by Leno on NBC (US TV)?
Leno made a joke on the outfit in the lines of Venus..mooning.. then the infamous photo is framed and presented to his sidekick. Later when comedian/actor Russell Brand came on, he revived it by taking that photo/frame and then making more jokes... lol

ronalditop
05-25-2010, 04:20 PM
She's really desperate for attention. I wonder what her next underwear choice will be. Maybe she will not use any undies at all and just paint her butt black or white.

Atherton2003
05-25-2010, 04:24 PM
I wouldn't mind see Rafa in the flesh colored spandex - much better than looking at Venus wearing it.

Xenakis
05-25-2010, 04:25 PM
Jay Leno, Williams gag/s...

http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/video/russell-brand/1230649/?__source=tnt|home|featured|recent

Justdoit10
05-25-2010, 04:26 PM
I wouldn't mind see Rafa in the flesh colored spandex - much better than looking at Venus wearing it.
Oh goodness! Spare us the agony. If Nadal did do that, they should go ahead and start putting him on court 25 instead of lenglen. Sick!

OddJack
05-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Looks really bad. Not sexy, not fashionable, out of place.

BreakPoint
05-25-2010, 04:35 PM
Panties or tennis pants? Surely she had underwear on, just forgot her 'bloomers' as they were called back then. How quickly was she able to fix the situation? All that involves is finding a pair and pulling them on. Again, no woman would go out on court with NOTHING on under her skirt. The breeze would be the first clue that something was wrong.
I was told she had NOTHING under her skirt. That's why there was such a commotion. I guess she was REALLY mentally focused on the match. :)

Atherton2003
05-25-2010, 04:37 PM
I wonder how many people asked for a refund from that horrifying site.

Backbored
05-25-2010, 05:21 PM
Did you guys catch this topic on Tonight Show by Leno on NBC (US TV)?
Leno made a joke on the outfit in the lines of Venus..mooning.. then the infamous photo is framed and presented to his sidekick. Later when comedian/actor Russell Brand came on, he revived it by taking that photo/frame and then making more jokes... lol

So now she has become the butt of late night jokes. :oops:

Tanya
05-25-2010, 05:51 PM
As if she gives a **** what you lot think.

Centered
05-25-2010, 07:16 PM
Big deal.

I think people should focus their outrage on something like this. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/gulf-oil-spill)

There are far bigger problems in the world. We don't need fashion police.

Backbored
05-25-2010, 07:25 PM
Poor Venus, she is such a victim. Looks like there's a panty-stealing baggage screener at Charles De Gaulle who stole her knickers. You know, going through customs is miserable enough experience to begin with, now she has to deal with some Dbag picking through her clean panties. Looks like they stole her bra as well but its hardly noticeable.

JeMar
05-25-2010, 08:15 PM
It's trash. This move by Venus is making me rethink my support of her. She's usually a very classy individual, but this is totally out of what I thought her character was like.

halalula1234
05-25-2010, 08:59 PM
venus' bare bum Eleven range is Super sexy sexy sexy!.

I would like to see Nadal play wearing those thin white male ballet dance tights.

ubermeyer
05-25-2010, 10:51 PM
Ew!

10 chars

jerriy
05-26-2010, 12:28 AM
I think it's the combination of the tight and see-through nightgown/négligé plus that semi-visible panties underneath that caused the racy headlines. If what she had on was just a normal sporty tennis dress but with the same skin-color underwear, it wouldn't have caused the same level of controversy - only raise a few eyebrows here and there.

sillymonkey
05-26-2010, 08:09 AM
It's not fashionable, however if she had black undies on it would be slightly less tacky.

jswinf
05-26-2010, 09:46 AM
Agreed. Generally I think women should do what men do and wear sportswear when playing sport (most do to be fair).

So you want her out there in a Bike jockstrap? Cool! I actually thought the photo was, well...interesting. Striking cleavage enhancement.

DRII
05-26-2010, 10:44 AM
What prudes some of you all are! Venus' attire is certainly in the realm of athletically acceptable. Personally I like her doubles outfit this tournament better than her singles. But the one in Australia was hot IMO.

fantom
05-26-2010, 10:49 AM
I was told she had NOTHING under her skirt. That's why there was such a commotion. I guess she was REALLY mentally focused on the match. :)

I heard the same thing.

Backbored
05-26-2010, 01:01 PM
I wonder what Tide detergent and her other sponsors think about her dress attire.

sureshs
05-26-2010, 01:22 PM

Back then, no cell phone cameras unlike today so we have to rely on hearsay.

LDVTennis
05-26-2010, 07:44 PM
What prudes some of you all are! Venus' attire is certainly in the realm of athletically acceptable. Personally I like her doubles outfit this tournament better than her singles. But the one in Australia was hot IMO.

Aesthetically- and athletically-acceptable for whom? A hooker?

ronalditop
05-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Aesthetically- and athletically-acceptable for whom? A hooker?

LOL...It's true though.

Figjam
05-27-2010, 12:01 AM
Well the problem is, NO ONE WANTS to see venus's butt!!!

also you realy see the butt crack, again Not butt crack I wanna see

not to mention the whole dress screams "french wh0re"

Its like if murray wore a Kilt!!!!

it just looks Sk@nky.

Dreamer
05-27-2010, 08:01 AM
I love how easily offended tennis fans get. They are shocked magnificently. Her fashion doesn't fall anywhere in my taste, but it gave me a few laughs before I moved on.
Let her wear what she wants, it's actually still better than the 500 identical addidas shirts in men's tennis. I mean really? can't you guys get some design other than 3 bars on the sleeve?

Fee
05-27-2010, 08:14 AM

I have one tennis person telling me this never happened. I'm still asking around.

jonnythan
05-27-2010, 08:29 AM
That's a terrible picture but the outfit is great and she looks good.

BreakPoint
05-27-2010, 09:02 AM
I have one tennis person telling me this never happened. I'm still asking around.
Was this person there that day, like I was?

It happened just a few minutes after I left the stadium to go watch another match on an outside court. Everybody on the grounds was talking about it.

Fee
05-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Was this person there that day, like I was?

It happened just a few minutes after I left the stadium to go watch another match on an outside court. Everybody on the grounds was talking about it.

Yes, I've read all of your posts about it. But I can't find any other mention of it and I think something less than factual has become a mythical legend. I'm trying to get the question directly to Jen but its taking longer than I thought it would.

Chadwixx
05-27-2010, 10:22 AM
And i thought serena was the ****ty one...

BreakPoint
05-27-2010, 10:27 AM
Yes, I've read all of your posts about it. But I can't find any other mention of it and I think something less than factual has become a mythical legend. I'm trying to get the question directly to Jen but its taking longer than I thought it would.
OK, I see.

But I wonder if she would admit to something as embarrassing as that. I would think she would want to erase something that embarrassing from her memory and forget that it ever happened.

Fee
05-27-2010, 10:43 AM
OK, I see.

But I wonder if she would admit to something as embarrassing as that. I would think she would want to erase something that embarrassing from her memory and forget that it ever happened.

If it happened, and there were that many witnesses, you can't just ignore it. I think she went on court with underwear and no undershorts/bloomers. I cannot imagine that she actually played a match like that, any chair umpire would have let her go off court to remedy the situation. I think one person saying 'she had no bloomers on' turned into another person saying she had nothing on, just like the game of Telephone played in elementary school.

RalphNYC
05-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Who cares.

BreakPoint
05-27-2010, 11:55 AM
If it happened, and there were that many witnesses, you can't just ignore it. I think she went on court with underwear and no undershorts/bloomers. I cannot imagine that she actually played a match like that, any chair umpire would have let her go off court to remedy the situation. I think one person saying 'she had no bloomers on' turned into another person saying she had nothing on, just like the game of Telephone played in elementary school.
Oh, I should have been more clear. She didn't actually play the match like that. She came out onto the court, and either before or during the warm-up, realized that something was amiss (or maybe from all the whistling, laughter, or cat calls from the crowd?), and went back into the locker room to put her panties on.

Who knows? Maybe she had to take a last minute potty break before stepping out on court, and with her mind on the match, forgot to pull them back up? One can only speculate how this happened.

Fee
05-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Oh, I should have been more clear. She didn't actually didn't play the match like that. She came out onto the court, and either before or during the warm-up, realized that something was amiss (or maybe from all the whistling, laughter, or cat calls from the crowd?), and went back into the locker room to put her panties on.

Who knows? Maybe she had to take a last minute potty break before stepping out on court, and with her mind on the match, forgot to pull them back up? One can only speculate how this happened.

Again, I think you are talking about a missing pair of bloomers/undershorts, not completely naked. Trust me when I tell you naked is something you would notice right away, no matter how focused you might be on a match.

BreakPoint
05-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Again, I think you are talking about a missing pair of bloomers/undershorts, not completely naked. Trust me when I tell you naked is something you would notice right away, no matter how focused you might be on a match.
Maybe, but don't forget that it's pretty hot and humid in NYC during the US Open so she may not have noticed just by feel. And we all know she also has a "wild side". :)

sureshs
05-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Maybe, but don't forget that it's pretty hot and humid in NYC during the US Open so she may not have noticed just by feel. And we all know she also has a "wild side". :)

She might have tried it out for the aeration in that hot weather.

Agassi did not wear undies since 1999.

Backbored
05-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Maybe she was like old Archie in the Goblet of Fire.
"I'm not putting them on," said old Archie in indignation. "I like a healthy breeze 'round my privates, thanks."

Fee
05-27-2010, 01:16 PM

Yes I know, I've been there. That's another reason she would have noticed being naked right away. Having an alleged wild side has nothing to do with going out on court for a match completely bottomless.

Here's a clue for you, she would have felt the fabric from her skirt on her backside immediately, regardless of the weather. If she had underwear on (let's say she wears either Jockey for Women or Hanes for Women) then those are close enough to the same cut as tennis bloomers at that time (everyone wears bike shorts now) that she might not have noticed a difference there if she was missing one layer.

Centered
05-27-2010, 02:54 PM
A pro female tennis player walking on court without anything under her skirt is purely heterosexual male fantasy.

fran-penn
05-27-2010, 03:01 PM
Big deal.

I think people should focus their outrage on something like this. (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/gulf-oil-spill)

There are far bigger problems in the world. We don't need fashion police.

And why do you read this forum ?...

Anyway ... I think the day is too long .... there is time for everything.... for joy and for worries ...

Centered
05-27-2010, 03:04 PM
And why do you read this forum ?...
I don't mind people criticizing bad fashion. I do it myself. But, the level of outrage I've seen here from some about this outfit is really unwarranted.

BreakPoint
05-27-2010, 05:29 PM
A pro female tennis player walking on court without anything under her skirt is purely heterosexual male fantasy.
Believe me, if I were fantasizing, there are many other female pros I'd be fantasizing seeing on court without their undies before Capriati.

Hypatia
05-27-2010, 05:43 PM
I love how easily offended tennis fans get. They are shocked magnificently. Her fashion doesn't fall anywhere in my taste, but it gave me a few laughs before I moved on.
Let her wear what she wants, it's actually still better than the 500 identical addidas shirts in men's tennis. I mean really? can't you guys get some design other than 3 bars on the sleeve?

Shock wouldn't be out of line, but I think some are annoyed, offended, amused, or a combination thereof. The men wear less showy outfits because they are on the court to play. In our culture more emphasis is put on how women look so I don't blame the girls for playing dress up but this is a dress too far.

Xenakis
05-27-2010, 05:46 PM

I don't think originality is high on the list of desirable qualities for sportswear. The form should follow the function, to take any other route, well, that way madness lies.

veroniquem
05-27-2010, 05:54 PM

:shock: That would be interesting :) Let me call nike right away... (fumbles through purse for phone)
Seriously, what a bunch of phony puritans on this board! All this fuss about some spandex brown shorts. If you have never seen a bottom before, go out more. If seeing one makes you so upset, get a life. If you don't want to see a female bottom, close your eyes. Venus's body is gorgeous and she has no reason to hide it + nothing indecent about shorts, I don't care how tight they are.

MotherMarjorie
05-27-2010, 06:07 PM
As if she gives a **** what you lot think.
Dear Tanya Harding,

Your trailer is THAT ==============>> way.

Sincerely,

Mother Marjorie

dh003i
05-27-2010, 06:17 PM

I don't think there is any reason for women to dress such that their underwear shows anyways. Men don't.

They can wear shorts if they can't wear a skirt that is appropriate.

dh003i
05-27-2010, 06:25 PM
:shock: That would be interesting :) Let me call nike right away... (fumbles through purse for phone)
Seriously, what a bunch of phony puritans on this board! All this fuss about some spandex brown shorts. If you have never seen a bottom before, go out more. If seeing one makes you so upset, get a life. If you don't want to see a female bottom, close your eyes. Venus's body is gorgeous and she has no reason to hide it + nothing indecent about shorts, I don't care how tight they are.

There is a time and a place for everything. It honestly looks like she's just wearing a thong, even if she is wearing "flesh-colored" whatevers. It is disgusting and inappropriate.

veroniquem
05-27-2010, 06:38 PM
Don't watch then. It doesn't bother me. You're like fixated on a close-up still shot, but on the court, her dress will fly up for 1 second and unless you're the biggest voyeur on earth, you'd have no reason to scrutinize it or even pay much attention to it. Once again it's shorts, get over it! Some contemporary dancers do some modern ballet naked or half naked. There is nothing disgusting or dirty about the human body and an athletic human body is particularly beautiful.
Have you ever seen greek statues of athletes? Have you ever noticed they are naked? It's only during Victorian times that people started having neurotic obsessions about covering them.

Justdoit10
05-27-2010, 07:20 PM
^^ Agreed. Im a connoisseur of big booties.

Stinkdyr
05-28-2010, 04:32 AM
Well the problem is, NO ONE WANTS to see venus's butt!!!
also you realy see the butt crack, again Not butt crack I wanna see not to mention the whole dress screams "french wh0re"
it just looks Sk@nky.

Could be worse..........could be SERENA's butt you are looking at !!!

Cyan
05-28-2010, 07:15 AM

LOL...........................

sureshs
05-28-2010, 08:09 AM

http://www.jennymiller.com/images/Serena.jpg

Cyan
05-28-2010, 08:12 AM

LMAO. That butt is gigantic.

sureshs
05-28-2010, 08:15 AM
LMAO. That butt is gigantic.

It appears to be wider than the buildings in the pic.

Backbored
05-28-2010, 08:18 AM
I bet she would have no trouble cracking walnuts with them.

sillymonkey
05-28-2010, 08:32 AM
It's not that we're offended by V's outfit, it's just that it's tacky and ill-fitting.

JackB1
05-28-2010, 08:35 AM

You are totally missing the point(s):
1) She PURPOSELY wore flesh colored bottoms to make people think for a minute it was her naked butt and to draw attention to herself and create controversy.
2) This is a TENNIS Match and Not a fashion show or the beach.

I have no aversion to seeing female butt's, but I don't want Venus' forced on me when I am trying to watch a tennis match. It's totally innappropriate for the time and place.

Dutch-Guy
05-28-2010, 08:57 AM

Baby got derrière.

sillymonkey
05-28-2010, 08:57 AM
frightening image.

Backbored
05-28-2010, 09:00 AM
I’m thinking they airbrushed out the unsightly stretch marks.

LDVTennis
05-28-2010, 01:42 PM
I’m thinking they airbrushed out the unsightly stretch marks.

... and the cellulite, that can be seen in almost every photo of her running on the court.

Figjam
05-28-2010, 10:58 PM
Ive coined a new description for Venuses dresses:
SK ANKTOPS!!!

aceX
05-28-2010, 11:16 PM
Not nice, but it'll get people talking about it which is what she wants

stules
05-30-2010, 07:49 AM
Funny, Maria's were the same colour and weren't controversial.........
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_6zQwz1g57P0/TAF9hWeyZOI/AAAAAAAAB-E/l6W6KUHMImA/IMG_1590.JPG

Jonas
05-30-2010, 07:53 AM
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_6zQwz1g57P0/TAF9hWeyZOI/AAAAAAAAB-E/l6W6KUHMImA/IMG_1590.JPG

Maria is white.....and there is no illusion tha she is naked under that skirt....

Backbored
05-30-2010, 09:13 AM

You don’t see Maria’s crack and her bloomers are opaque not flesh tone or see through.

Chadwixx
05-30-2010, 10:29 AM
Thank god we dont have to see anymore of him in that dress.

Raindogs
05-30-2010, 10:37 AM
You really can't be this stupid, can you?

Fee
05-30-2010, 10:47 AM
I love all the male photo editors at Getty, AP, Reuters...

Figjam
05-30-2010, 10:51 AM
You really can't be this stupid, can you?

no, but you YOU obvioulsy are, because to everyone else on the planet it was clearly a joke

Figjam
05-30-2010, 10:51 AM
$kanktops!

Dutch-Guy
05-30-2010, 10:54 AM
Thank G we won't have to see her *** *** again.