PDA

View Full Version : Fischer Pro #1 vs. Fischer Pro Tour Extreme FT

Progressive10s
05-15-2005, 04:45 AM
I took part in a doubles clinic at a local club, and the host pro allowed me to use a Fischer Pro No. 1 during the six-hour clinic. I really enjoyed the racquet. I found it very solid in all aspects. Does anyone have an idea how it plays against the Pro Tour Extreme FT used by Hrbaty, Sprem and Shaughnessy?

wingit
05-15-2005, 08:59 AM
Main differences: Pro # 1 is 98 vs. Extreme 95; Extreme has low stiffness ,58, compared to many of today's rackets; Extreme is 27.4 in length vs. 27 for Pro #1, both have very good manuverability ; Extreme is more powerful, especially on serve, both can generate good power on ground strokes. Both have very good control, among the best on the market. Extreme has a smaller sweet spot. Both rackets, depending of string, tension, player, are among the most "feel" oriented rackets on market-- my major reason for using them. Extreme is a more demanding racket to play with (good technique) than Pro #1 and both provide very good spin. Fischer rackets rank high on quality of workmanship.

skeurton
07-17-2005, 06:53 PM
anyone else have any input on this topic? i have two pro 1's that i play with and i think they're great. i previously played with a pro staff 6.0 95 for 7 years and had no problems or regrets with making the switch. but i just recently purchased a pro extreme FT just because it was a deal that was hard to beat. i know there are a few people around here that own or have played with both, so i'm just wondering if y'all have any further insight. like, which of the two do you prefer and why?

thanks.

NoBadMojo
07-17-2005, 07:35 PM
i've hit with both..if you like the Pro1 just use that unless you are a 5.0 or so, in which case, you may wish to take the Extreme out for a dance...it's a very demanding frame.

Craig Sheppard
07-17-2005, 07:52 PM
Agree w/ Mojo... I used the Pro Extreme FT for a year then switched to the Pro 1. There's no benefit to Extreme for someone under 5.0, IMO. Pro 1 is just easier to use in every way than the Extreme, and does everything as well or better. I disagree w/ wingit though, the Pro 1 is more powerful in all regards IMO. Do a search, I've posted at length about these two in the past.

zenit
07-18-2005, 10:39 AM
by the way where are these fischers made?

Craig Sheppard
07-18-2005, 10:45 AM
by the way where are these fischers made?

All recent retail Fischer's I've come across (since '03) say designed in Austria, made in China. I have one factory demo that I'll have to check on, I believe it just says Fischer/Austria on it w/o any "Designed in" or "Made in" language, but I can double check that tonight.