PDA

View Full Version : Question about the movie THE FUGITIVE?

tenniskid567
05-25-2010, 10:32 PM
In what ways does this movie deal with money? I'm supposed to identify two financial principles that are evident in this movie, I just can't think of any or find any summaries that even mention anything about money in this movie. Transactions, deals, investments, risk-return tradeoff, etc. are things I'm looking for. I'll list the 15 principles below if you want to read them:

1. Risk-Return Tradeoff
2. Time Value of Money
3.Diversification Reduces Risk
4. All Risk is not Equal
5. The Curse of Competitive Investment Markets
6. Taxes Affect Personal Finance Decisions
7. Stuff Happens - or the Importance of Liquidity
8. Nothing Happens Without a Plan
9. The Best Protection is Knowledge
10. Protect yourself against major catastrophes
11. The Time Dimension of Investing
12. The Agency Problem - Beware of the Sales Pitch
13. Pay Yourself First
14. Money Isn't everything
15. Just Do It!

*I'm not asking you to go into super detail, unless you want to, I just listed them as an idea of what I'm looking for...so if you just list examples of ways in which money is involved in the movie, I think I can take it from there.*

Thanks!

grimmbomb21
05-26-2010, 01:18 AM
I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but the "villain" in the movie had Richard Kimble's wife killed and killed another doctor so that he could market a prescription drug. That was a pretty cold, calculated business decision.:)

It's 1am, so if I am way off, I reserve the right to blame it on that.

Davis937
05-26-2010, 01:59 AM
Hey TK I have a brilliant idea ... why don't you watch the DVD?

jrod
05-26-2010, 05:06 AM

I agree. The entire plot surrounding the villain was all about corporate greed, ego and ultimately money.

BobFL
05-26-2010, 05:20 AM
In what ways does this movie deal with money? I'm supposed to identify two financial principles that are evident in this movie, I just can't think of any or find any summaries that even mention anything about money in this movie. Transactions, deals, investments, risk-return tradeoff, etc. are things I'm looking for. I'll list the 15 principles below if you want to read them:

1. Risk-Return Tradeoff
2. Time Value of Money
3.Diversification Reduces Risk
4. All Risk is not Equal
5. The Curse of Competitive Investment Markets
6. Taxes Affect Personal Finance Decisions
7. Stuff Happens - or the Importance of Liquidity
8. Nothing Happens Without a Plan
9. The Best Protection is Knowledge
10. Protect yourself against major catastrophes
11. The Time Dimension of Investing
12. The Agency Problem - Beware of the Sales Pitch
13. Pay Yourself First
14. Money Isn't everything
15. Just Do It!

*I'm not asking you to go into super detail, unless you want to, I just listed them as an idea of what I'm looking for...so if you just list examples of ways in which money is involved in the movie, I think I can take it from there.*

Thanks!

You must be seeing "risk and return". It is so obvious!

Talker
05-26-2010, 07:47 AM
The bad doctor working for the drug company made up false results on tests so the drug could be approved and sold, benefitting the drug company. Since Kimball was getting close to the answer he had to be pushed out of the way.

1. Risk-Return Tradeoff
The drug company and the doctor switched samples to get a drug approved.
The risk was being caught, the return was selling the drug and making money.

That's one I guess. :|

El Diablo
05-26-2010, 09:15 AM
Write an analysis of whether it is more unethical to market a drug based on false data or to have other people do your homework assignment for you.

Steady Eddy
05-26-2010, 04:25 PM
The only one that comes to mind for me is #7 "Stuff Happens - or the Importance of Liquidity". This guy was a doctor who never thought he'd be on the run from the law. He should have taken some cash and hidden it somewhere, if he'd of done that, it would have made things easier for him. Not alot of money, only a few thousand dollars, which for a doctor, really isn't that much. He'd probably never need, but if he would, then it would mean everything.

LuckyR
05-26-2010, 04:50 PM
I would go for #s 8 & 9.

Dr Kimble needed a very intricate plan to solve the murder and used his knowledge to execute the plan.

SystemicAnomaly
05-27-2010, 07:24 AM

Write an analysis of whether it is more unethical to market a drug based on false data or to have other people do your homework assignment for you.

Best answers.

Racer41c
05-27-2010, 08:57 AM
I would go for #s 8 & 9.

Dr Kimble needed a very intricate plan to solve the murder and used his knowledge to execute the plan.

I Agree with Lucky.