PDA

View Full Version : Murray's performance in Mickey Mouse events as compared to slams

Spider
05-25-2010, 11:04 PM
His match against Gasquet proved that, even when he doesn't play his best tennis, in a smaller event, Gasquet would have beaten Murray for sure (in that form). But winning one more set proved too much for Gasquet, and he lost, Murray won. That's the big difference.

This also proves that in a slam, Murray is ready to fight it out as compared to masters events and other smaller events where if his game doesn't click, he doesn't mind losing. This should help him and his career as he develops further. I get a feeling, from here on, he should have no problems reaching the semi-finals at RG.

I think it is best for him to concentrate on slams and treat other tournaments as warm up for these four big events, and this attitude will help him reach the later stages of slams and win some of them.

gold soundz
05-25-2010, 11:31 PM
Gasquet was injured and very tired. He clearly outplayed Murray for the first two sets. Murray's game is way too weak.

Feņa14
05-25-2010, 11:44 PM
Gasquet was injured and very tired. He clearly outplayed Murray for the first two sets. Murray's game is way too weak.

Gasquet turns up at a slam thinking two good sets is enough? He got what he deserved.

gold soundz
05-25-2010, 11:47 PM
Gasquet turns up at a slam thinking two good sets is enough? He got what he deserved.

That's completely true. I'm just saying that when they're both properly playing, Gasquet simply outplays Murray. And for Murray, that's pretty poor considering he's #4 in the world.

Blinkism
05-26-2010, 12:20 AM
Has anyone else heard the new rumor going around that Murray is, in fact, a pusher?

Li Ching Yuen
05-26-2010, 12:38 AM
Has anyone else heard the new rumor going around that Murray is, in fact, a pusher?

hahaha...

Murray is trying to copy Fed:

-crying in AO finals
-tanking non-slam matches

What's next, Andy?...Are you going to find your Mirka too? :shock::shock:

vive le beau jeu !
05-26-2010, 12:57 AM
http://i47.tinypic.com/2j3sayp.jpg

Spider
05-26-2010, 01:47 AM
Haters out again, as usual. Murray must be doing something right then. :)

vortex1
05-26-2010, 01:54 AM
Gasquet was hardly outplaying him. 6-4 7-6 isn't what I called outplaying and he was going all out. Once he couldn't maintain this level, he folded like a cheap tent. Not Murray's fault he chose to play clown events before RG (would get WC just for being French) and had no stamina left to play a 5 setter.

gold soundz
05-26-2010, 01:57 AM
Gasquet was hardly outplaying him. 6-4 7-6 isn't what I called outplaying and he was going all out. Once he couldn't maintain this level, he folded like a cheap tent. Not Murray's fault he chose to play clown events before RG (would get WC just for being French) and had no stamina left to play a 5 setter.

I'm just saying, had Gasquet been fresh, he would have won because he did outplay him in the first 2 sets. Murray to me couldn't quite keep up. It doesn't seem good enough for world #4.

dropshot winner
05-26-2010, 01:59 AM
Murray can physically and mentally outlast pretty much anyone. The longer a match goes on the more likely he is to win.

In that way it was very important that Federer won the tiebreaker in the AO Final.

gold soundz
05-26-2010, 02:01 AM
Murray can physically and mentally outlast pretty much anyone. The longer a match goes on the more likely he is to win.

In that way it was very important that Federer won the tiebreaker in the AO Final.

Federer would have won the 4th set if Murray won the tie-break. Federer was playing way better than Murray that day.

dropshot winner
05-26-2010, 02:06 AM
Federer would have won the 4th set if Murray won the tie-break. Federer was playing way better than Murray that day.

Up to the 3rd set that was the case, but it was obvious that Federer's level was going down while Murray played better and better. That's why it's so important to beat Murray as fast as possible, you don't want to let a player like him hang around.

Totai
05-26-2010, 06:47 AM
http://i47.tinypic.com/2j3sayp.jpg

I actually read the article... very informative:evil:

vortex1
05-26-2010, 07:00 AM
Up to the 3rd set that was the case, but it was obvious that Federer's level was going down while Murray played better and better. That's why it's so important to beat Murray as fast as possible, you don't want to let a player like him hang around.

Do you think Federer was getting tired?

dropshot winner
05-26-2010, 07:02 AM
Do you think Federer was getting tired?

No, but he was getting impatient and his timing (which was extremly good in the first two sets) startet getting worse.

Hitman
05-26-2010, 07:06 AM
I think Murray has got incredible conditioning now, compared to years gone by. He took the Gasquest assault, knowing if he held strong, he would pull through and he did.

I think Murray has potential to make another run to the quarters this year.

Spider
05-28-2010, 11:14 PM
Three gone, four more to go. Despite clay being his weakest surface, it will take a Nadal or a Federer (at his absolute best) to beat Murray here. This is basically the difference in how he treats smaller events and how he treats slams. Keep going Andy! :)

ViscaB
05-28-2010, 11:16 PM
Murray has not faced any serious opposition. It's a bit early to tell how he will do in the end.

Spider
05-28-2010, 11:19 PM
Gasquet just won a tournament last week. Murray beat him. Baghdatis was playing excellent tennis yesterday, he would have beaten most other players and yet lost to Murray.

aceX
05-28-2010, 11:23 PM
Who's the leader of the club
that's made for you and me?
M-I-C K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E
Hey there. Hi there. Ho there.
You're as welcome as can be.
M-I-C K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E

:wink::wink:

ViscaB
05-28-2010, 11:24 PM
Gasquet won the Nice tournament. Not really a highlight. Neither Gasquet nor Baghdatis played any role in the clay court season so far.

I like Murray. I enjoy watching him play since he's a clever player. That's his main draw on clay. On the other I feel his lack of a forceful forehand is his main disadvantage on clay. All previous winner in the last decade dominated play with their forehand (from Kuerten to Moya to Rafa to Ferrero to Federer).

JoshDragon
05-28-2010, 11:28 PM
That's completely true. I'm just saying that when they're both properly playing, Gasquet simply outplays Murray. And for Murray, that's pretty poor considering he's #4 in the world.

Gasquet, is an under-achiever, with one of the best backhands in the game. He's like Bhagdatis, he's a lower ranked player, who's capable of the occasional upset.

aceX
05-29-2010, 12:23 AM
I like Murray. I enjoy watching him play since he's a clever player. That's his main draw on clay.

Pray tell; what's his main draw on hard court?