PDA

View Full Version : Nadal: "I played terrible"

vortex1
05-26-2010, 12:49 AM
http://i46.tinypic.com/oa2o0y.jpg

Rafa isn't too happy with his level right now, despite winning in 3 sets. I think it's a sign that he's going to get over his nerves and really step it up next match. I think he will peak as RG goes on, rather than bring his A game to beat low level opponents.

Sentinel
05-26-2010, 02:12 AM
Nadal was made to play terrible by a qualie !!! The guys ran him ragged.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2mh974j.jpg

zagor
05-26-2010, 02:23 AM
i suspect he may be injured for skiding on hard courts....

:)

True,did you hear the squeaking?

Here are highlights of Nadal-Mina match in case you missed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=uSyHRLRBACk&feature=related

Damn Frenchies.

statto
05-26-2010, 02:28 AM
Have the excuses started already?

More like mind games. He wants people to be thinking "he calls that terrible?"

Nadal was maybe at 60-70% in the match. It wasn't vintage, but it wasn't terrible either.

PimpMyGame
05-26-2010, 02:31 AM

Nadal was maybe at 60-70% in the match. It wasn't vintage, but it wasn't terrible either.

And as we know, Uncle Toni prefers Nadal to play down his form and chances just in case. Which is why it always seems strange to me that the greatest clay-courter ever starts to make these comments. Bit of an insult to his opponent too, who it seems gave him a reasonable run-out.

malakas
05-26-2010, 02:33 AM
Yeah..mind games.
Now is this real arrogance or what.:?

Speranza
05-26-2010, 02:36 AM

Damn Frenchies.

Watson: :)

namelessone
05-26-2010, 02:37 AM
Nadal played a terrible,not just bad match. His body language was very nervous,he did not know mina,he got no support(but that's normal since he was playing a frenchie) and he had a high UE day. He made like 20 winners in 3 sets LOL and stayed 2 hours on court with a junior. Very very passive throughout. He would awaken once in a while and take control of the match only to get passive again. He did not feel his game yesterday and I think he was a bit weirded out by the atmoshpere. When he would actually have a great point,silence in the audience or very few applause. If I am not mistaken he did not even practice on Lenglen,only on PC.

A weird moment was at the end of the match. Mina walked out in applause,Nadal changed his shirt and went to give a interview. Once the interview got underway you could almost hear the crickets. The crowd was dead silent and the only ones that got a bit excited were the autograph hounds. You could feel the coldness. Guess Rafa really isn't liked here. Not at all. It felt weird because when Rafa does his after match routines or gives a interview on court you can see or hear people in the crowd shouting to him and so on. Not here. Very silent.

I wonder how things will be on Chatrier tomorrow :)

CMM
05-26-2010, 02:42 AM
Guess Rafa really isn't liked here.

Santoro launches an appeal

Recently retired, Fabrice Santoro follows Roland Garros from up close in a different role. Indeed, he’s a journalist for RTL and this offers him the opportunity to express himself on the match that will put Nadal opposite Mina.

“I’m impatiently waiting for him to start competing against Gianni Mina. I also hope, despite the fact that his opponent is a young French player, that the public will welcome him as he deserves. He’s a great champion, always flawless on court, he always gives the best of himself and he’s very fair-play. "

The whistling last year against Söderling have left their marks but the attitude of the public will undoubtedly be different this year.
http://www.welovetennis.fr/roland-garros/23252-santoro-lance-un-appel-au-public

namelessone
05-26-2010, 02:44 AM
@CMM,you can't force people to like Nadal.

I'm ok with it as long as they don't boo or try to disrupt his game.

I just mentioned the after match moment because it felt so weird,so out of place.

CMM
05-26-2010, 02:48 AM
@CMM,you can't force people to like Nadal.

I'm ok with it as long as they don't boo or try to disrupt his game.

Of course. That's the whole point.

Mortifier
05-26-2010, 03:04 AM
Was Söderling or Nadal more liked in their meeting last year at RG? Who was in fact booed? I actually have no idea, I watched the match, but I can't remember.

namelessone
05-26-2010, 03:09 AM
Was Söderling or Nadal more liked in their meeting last year at RG? Who was in fact booed? I actually have no idea, I watched the match, but I can't remember.

Soderling. Nadal got less applause and even the commentator,McEnroe was surprised by the lack of support for him,especially in the last tiebreaker when he was within a couple of balls from elimination and reason would say that they would have wanted a fifth set(they would see more tennis). He got some applause when he walked off the field but that was about it.

They wanted Nadal out,plain and simple. When they announced the result at the davydenko-verdasco match people cheered with happiness. He isn't liked here by the majority of crowd.

rafan
05-26-2010, 03:18 AM
Soderling. Nadal got less applause and even the commentator,McEnroe was surprised by the lack of support for him,especially in the last tiebreaker when he was within a couple of balls from elimination and reason would say that they would have wanted a fifth set(they would see more tennis). He got some applause when he walked off the field but that was about it.

They wanted Nadal out,plain and simple. When they announced the result at the davydenko-verdasco match people cheered with happiness. He isn't liked here by the majority of crowd.

Well all I can say is thank heavens for Wimbledon because its a much different crowd. When I was there everyone was getting a fair share of encouragement and Rafa was much liked

Starfury
05-26-2010, 03:36 AM
If his opponents read his facebook page, he doesn't need to play mind games anymore ;)

gio
05-26-2010, 04:49 AM
Wind was a big factor in UE's today.

If any of you actually watched the match.

OKUSA
05-26-2010, 05:15 AM
Nadal playing a best of 5 under 2 hours is impossible, even if he were to triple bagel someone. That's 9 service games, each one would last about 14 minutes

Spin-A-Lot
05-26-2010, 05:27 AM
You have to admit, even though he won convincingly a lot of the games were actually close ones..lots of deuces...I mean, c'mon..the first set nearly took an hour! ( I think it was about 56 mins...) technically speaking, Nadal wasn't playing as good as he should have...

Gorecki
05-26-2010, 05:49 AM

Damn Frenchies.

cheese eaters.... eating all thath rubbery cheese... make squeak noises with their mouths just to disrup the spanish tennis guevara...

Hitman
05-26-2010, 06:10 AM
I would have to agree with Rafa to an extent. He did not exactly play his best, I think Mina actually hit more winners than Rafa, despite losing so convincingly.

It means a lot of unforced errors from Mina. If Rafa plays like that against someone who won't be making those UE, it could tough for him.

I still can't see anyone beating him. But I don't see him dominating like he did in 2008, he will likely lose a set or two.

vortex1
05-26-2010, 06:26 AM
I would have to agree with Rafa to an extent. He did not exactly play his best, I think Mina actually hit more winners than Rafa, despite losing so convincingly.

It means a lot of unforced errors from Mina. If Rafa plays like that against someone who won't be making those UE, it could tough for him.

I still can't see anyone beating him. But I don't see him dominating like he did in 2008, he will likely lose a set or two.

I agree. But 2008 Nadal was literally god mode in RG, routing everyone. Even Djoker playing at his very best (had momentum after AO win) could only manage a single tie break. We shouldn't expect Nadal to play at this level, but winning RG would be good enough. He has a nice draw and apparently the courts have slowed a little, so he shouldn't have too much trouble until final.

TMF
05-26-2010, 06:28 AM
What the hell is his problem? He won a routine 3 sets, as usual. Does it take to win with a triple bagel to satisfy him? He needs to lighten up. It's all uncle toni's fault.

cknobman
05-26-2010, 06:28 AM
To win 2,2,2 in straights and say you played "terrible" is pretty disrespectful to your opponent no matter how you slice it.

Sure Nadal didnt say it with intentions of it being an insult and he may have felt like he didnt play his best but to say "terrible" and give up only 2 games a set is a slap in the face to Mina.

Arrogant comment and he wonders why he dosnt get any love from the French (true the crowd is pretty brutal anyways but Nadals not doing anything to help his situation).

forzamilan90
05-26-2010, 06:31 AM
typical nadal response, trying to downplay his achievements and domination, he needs more sass to his repertoire

Sentinel
05-26-2010, 06:32 AM
Thank God, Federer didn;t say that. This forum would be up in flames if he did.

dropshot winner
05-26-2010, 06:33 AM
Rafael Nadal:
I played terrible against Minimonfils!

You, Roger Federer and 123'912'918 others likes this.

TMF
05-26-2010, 06:37 AM
Very disrespectful to his apponent. I don't want to hear his fans calling him being HUMBLE anymore. When I hear this kind of remark from Rafa, it reminds me of Serena.

Mustard
05-26-2010, 06:44 AM
Rafa had break points against him in every service game in the first set, and I don't think he hit a single winner in the third set. That is what Rafa means when he said he played "terrible".

OddJack
05-26-2010, 06:46 AM
Watson: :)

Holmes looks at his friend's amused smile. He knows his friend to well, he doesnt always need to talk to let you know what he thinks, he just gives you a sweet smile.

Holmes: What Watson? He played terribly because he didnt beat an 18 year old nobody 6-1 6-0 6-0? What part of his game was terrible?
You know what it means when you win a match triple 6-2 and you say it was terrible. I don't think Mina would like to think about that Watson.
And it can get a lot more terrible than this, you know.

Quite honestly my friend, I just don't see Sir Rodge winning a match with that result and say I played terrible, ...what was the word to describe that? I forgot..

dropshot winner
05-26-2010, 06:49 AM
Rafa had break points against him in every service game in the first set, and I don't think he hit a single winner in the third set. That is what Rafa means when he said he played "terrible".

He hit 1 to bring up match-point :).

vortex1
05-26-2010, 06:50 AM

Wozniacki would be proud ;)

Mustard
05-26-2010, 06:51 AM

Ah, thanks :)

veroniquem
05-26-2010, 06:54 AM
Arrogance? Fed fans have to calm down about finding excuses (no matter how extravagant) to bash Rafa!
It has to do with his perfectionism and the fact he made way more unforced errors than usual in that match. This is what he felt about his own level that day, that's all.
The score is because his opponent was fresh out of junior tour and ranked almost 700. It is not unreasonable to evaluate that against a more seasoned and higher ranked opponent, Rafa would have paid more dearly for all his UEs.
It's his subjective impression though. I thought there were positives despite the errors. He stayed close to the baseline the whole match (didn't move back) and was phenomenally clutch on all of the BPs.
As I said before Nadal is a perfectionist, he's harsh on himself, which is the opposite of arrogant actually. Arrogant is perpetual self-satisfied smugness and I'm sure noone associates such a description with Rafa!

TMF
05-26-2010, 06:55 AM

But Mina did NOTHING against Rafa's service games. Rafa was 6 for 12 in break chances. Mina was 0 for 9! If anybody who should be down to himself, it's Mina.

Nadal makes it sound like the outcome of the match was a failure and Mina was a hero. I don't accept that.

Mustard
05-26-2010, 06:59 AM
But Mina did NOTHING against Rafa's service games. Rafa was 6 for 12 in break chances. Mina was 0 for 9! If anybody who should be down to himself, it's Mina.

Yes, and Mina will regret not taking the chances he had.

Nadal makes it sound like the outcome of the match was a failure and Mina was a hero. I don't accept that.

Rafa is saying that he played well below his best, which is true. If Nadal had been near his best, he wouldn't have given Mina so many break opportunities or struggle to hit any winners late in the match.

CMM
05-26-2010, 07:00 AM
I don't accept that.

:lol: ........................

veroniquem
05-26-2010, 07:01 AM
Given the difference in ranking (more than 600 spots) and experience, Rafa shouldn't have had so many BPs against him. I guess that's his perspective and you have to be ferociously biassed not to perceive the sanity/logic of it, period.

mandy01
05-26-2010, 07:01 AM
Arrogance? Fed fans have to calm down about finding excuses (no matter how extravagant) to bash Rafa!
Coming from you,this sounds REALLY strange :) (and of course-hypocritical).

Dutch-Guy
05-26-2010, 07:04 AM

Did you watch that match? I'm sure you didn't. Rafa had to save 7 BPs in the first set and spend 2h10' on the court against #655.Mina 'd have taken one those many chances if he had more experience.The match was a little closer than the scoreline suggests.

namelessone
05-26-2010, 07:05 AM
Gotta love how people are commenting about Rafa's level of play when most haven't even watched the match.

Here are Nadal's stats:

0 aces to Mina's 3.
12 BP to Mina's 9.
Had trouble in many of his service games.
Rafa had 20 winners in 3 sets to Mina's 21. And if I remember correctly Rafa has just a couple of winners in the third:oops:. Just as a point of reference,Rafa had 31 winners in his hanescu match,a two set match.
Had 28 UE to Mina's 33.

This are bad stats with a solid top30-top50 player. Mina was a junior and nr.600 something in the world. Nadal knows that he could have easily lost a set playing like this against a solid player(not even a top10 player). That's why he said he played terrible. I thought Mina played a very good game against a very very bad Rafa and still got beat 2,2 and 2. It would have been a slaughter if Rafa had been just mediocre yesterday,nevermind in good form.
Nadal knows that he will have to step it up,he has always had nerves in his first round matches in RG,for some reason.

I did expect trolling to happen on this thread so I am not that surprised by some of the reactions around here.

Hitman
05-26-2010, 07:05 AM

I'm a Fed fan and I don't bash Rafa, so stop generalizing.

I agree that he did not play his best, his lack of winners, especially in the third were almost non-existant. Not saying the score line would have been even more one sided, but I don't he would have been on court as long if he stepped up and hit more winners.

TMF
05-26-2010, 07:06 AM
It has to do with his perfectionism and the fact he made way more unforced errors than usual in that match. This is what he felt about his own level that day, that's all.
The score is because his opponent was fresh out of junior tour and ranked almost 700. It is not unreasonable to evaluate that against a more seasoned and higher ranked opponent, Rafa would have paid more dearly for all his UEs.
It's his subjective impression though. I thought there were positives despite the errors. He stayed close to the baseline the whole match (didn't move back) and was phenomenally clutch on all of the BPs.
As I said before Nadal is a perfectionist, he's harsh on himself, which is the opposite of arrogant actually. Arrogant is perpetual self-satisfied smugness and I'm sure noone associates such a description with Rafa!

Keep trying to defend Rafa all you want, that does not change how fans will judge his comments.

When was the last time you hear a player dominant a match 2,2,2 and said he was playing terrible?

I suppose Rafa expect Mina to say "Rafa played a TERRIBLE match". Haha

CMM
05-26-2010, 07:10 AM
Arrogant comment and he wonders why he dosnt get any love from the French (true the crowd is pretty brutal anyways but Nadals not doing anything to help his situation).

Rafa may have a lot of flaws, but arrogance is not one of them.

Marius_Hancu
05-26-2010, 07:11 AM
Zeballos is a more real test, but the first really serious is Bellucci (3 lefties with Verdasco:-))
Those will be more realistic indicators. I don't expect him to be tried until QF and SF.

sh@de
05-26-2010, 07:11 AM

Why don't you stop bashing Fed first you hypocrite.

CMM
05-26-2010, 07:12 AM
Keep trying to defend Rafa all you want, that does not change how fans will judge his comments.

TMF=fans ? :lol:

TMF
05-26-2010, 07:12 AM
Did you watch that match? I'm sure you didn't. Rafa had to save 7 BPs in the first set and spend 2h10' on the court against #655.Mina 'd have taken one those many chances if he had more experience.The match was a little closer than the scoreline suggests.

Yes I did. But what are you trying to tell me? Rafa had history of saving BP at a very high %. In this match he's 100%(9 for 9). I call that great, not TERRIBLE. Plus he breaks Mina 50% of the time(6 for 12). Again, that pretty good, not TERRIBLE. If Rafa is so unhappy with the win, then Mina might as well retire from tennis at once!!

TMF
05-26-2010, 07:14 AM
Rafa may have a lot of flaws, but arrogance is not one of them.

Some of his flaws are worse than arrogance!

veroniquem
05-26-2010, 07:15 AM
I'm a Fed fan and I don't bash Rafa, so stop generalizing.

I agree that he did not play his best, his lack of winners, especially in the third were almost non-existant. Not saying the score line would have been even more one sided, but I don't he would have been on court as long if he stepped up and hit more winners.
I meant the posters making a big issue out of this happen to be rabid Fed fans (TMF for instance). I didn't mean to imply that all Fed fans would do it.
I agree with you. At the same time, why would you have to play a perfect match against a weaker opponent? Keep your best for when you really need it as it's unlikely you can produce your very best at every single match anyway. In that sense, I feel Rafa is a little too hard on himself. He doesn't need 90 mindboggling winners to beat someone like Mina. Brad Gilbert says that Agassi was hindering his own performance by thinking he had to be perfect every match (thus put too much pressure on himself). He told Agassi: who cares about being perfect? The only thing required is to beat that 1 guy across the net and he's not perfect either.

namelessone
05-26-2010, 07:19 AM
Yes I did. But what are you trying to tell me? Rafa had history of saving BP at a very high %. In this match he's 100%(9 for 9). I call that great, not TERRIBLE. Plus he breaks Mina 50% of the time(6 for 12). Again, that pretty good, not TERRIBLE. If Rafa is so unhappy with the win, then Mina might as well retire from tennis at once!!

Again,did you actually watch the match or are you just looking at the numbers?

A couple of BP here and there and Nadal could have been in the unenviable position to lose maybe a set to nr.600 something in the world. On clay. Just think about that for a sec.

Nadal's balls weren't heavy enough,he rarely had the initiative(he looked kinda bored out there) and was a bit surprised by mina in the start. Rafa had just 20 winners in three sets and a boatload of UE's. For Rafa's high percentage game(lots of spin) that means you played bad,especially since this is on clay.

Nadal did not judge his game according to the opponent when this is clay and mina is a junior. He knew that he could have taken whatever gianni would have thrown at him. He judged how he played in order to win over this junior. Considering the spent two and a half hours on court,hit 20 winners versus 28 UE in three sets,one could say that this was a ****** match for him. It would have been bad against a solid top50 guy,but against a junior,it was,how Rafa said,"terrible".

CMM
05-26-2010, 07:20 AM

http://threadbombing.com/data/media/20/asian_kid_dance.gif

namelessone
05-26-2010, 07:21 AM

Yeah,yeah,we get it you don't like him. Big deal. Stop making stuff up about him. Ask most people who follow tennis about Nadal and arrogance is the last thing that will come up,if ever. But surely they aren't as enlightened as you,you clearly know better:rolleyes:

TMF
05-26-2010, 07:22 AM
Just for that, I don't feel bad for Rafa having to play in Lenglen instead of PC.

Since Mina is from France, this will only fuel the frenchies to root against Rafa even further.

Xenakis
05-26-2010, 07:24 AM
The tennis is irrelevant, his grammatical incompetence is unacceptable.

TERRIBLY (adverb)

not

TERRIBLE (verb)

FFS PFFFFT OMG ETC

namelessone
05-26-2010, 07:26 AM
Just for that, I don't feel bad for Rafa having to play in Lenglen instead of PC.

Since Mina is from France, this will only fuel the frenchies to root against Rafa even further.

Ahh,a true tennis fan.

You think Mina is the first frenchie Rafa has beaten in RG? Gasquet,Grosjean,Mathieu,Devilder to name a few. Not to mention the times he has beaten french players outside of RG.

Hitman
05-26-2010, 07:29 AM
I meant the posters making a big issue out of this happen to be rabid Fed fans (TMF for instance). I didn't mean to imply that all Fed fans would do it.
I agree with you. At the same time, why would you have to play a perfect match against a weaker opponent? Keep your best for when you really need it as it's unlikely you can produce your very best at every single match anyway. In that sense, I feel Rafa is a little too hard on himself. He doesn't need 90 mindboggling winners to beat someone like Mina. Brad Gilbert says that Agassi was hindering his own performance by thinking he had to be perfect every match (thus put too much pressure on himself). He told Agassi: who cares about being perfect? The only thing required is to beat that 1 guy across the net and he's not perfect either.

I do agree with you that Rafa is sometimes too hard on himself, I don't know if that comes from the way Toni brought him up in his training, or his own thinking. I personally think it is a bit of both.

Somedays things click, other days they don't. I don't think score line wise he was upset, he got what he needed. A match to get going. However judging his own performance, his rythmn, shotmaking, he probably felt it wasn't where he would have liked it to be.

I'm sure with every match he will get better and better. Remember he is coming from altitude in Madrid, and is getting a different look on the ball, so that will take some time too.

veroniquem
05-26-2010, 07:36 AM
Quote from a French guy (Benoit Maylin) in French sportspaper L'equipe:
" Rafa is a really great guy who is very fair-play and who never demands anything unlike Federer"
Quote from French player Fabrice Santoro:
"I'm impatient to see Rafa start competing against Mina. I also hope despite the fact that his opponent is a young French player that the public will welcome him as he deserves. He is a great champion, always flawless on court, he always gives the best of himself and is very fair-play".
TMF: epic fail.

Hitman, I agree with your post. And I'm sure Rafa is a little nervous given what happened last year.

Speranza
05-26-2010, 07:40 AM
Holmes looks at his friend's amused smile. He knows his friend to well, he doesnt always need to talk to let you know what he thinks, he just gives you a sweet smile.

Holmes: What Watson? He played terribly because he didnt beat an 18 year old nobody 6-1 6-0 6-0? What part of his game was terrible?
You know what it means when you win a match triple 6-2 and you say it was terrible. I don't think Mina would like to think about that Watson.
And it can get a lot more terrible than this, you know.

Quite honestly my friend, I just don't see Sir Rodge winning a match with that result and say I played terrible, ...what was the word to describe that? I forgot..

Watson: (Sitting down whilst still chuckling at the squeaking dogs link...) Of course Holmes, one wouldn't expect Sir Federer to say the same thing having won 6-2,6-2,6-2. However, we can happily grant the fact that Sir Nadal didn't play to his usual standard.

That said Holmes (and he once again begins to chuckling to himself), Sir Federer often says he plays well when it is quite apparent that he hasn't! Still, I think that's Sir Federer's style of taking the positives from any match, even if he lost it. Anyway, no need for me to continue comparing the two halves of Fedal.

As someone else pointed out, it is a touch disrespectful to your opponent to say you played terrible after such a one sided win, but I don't think it was Sir Nadal's intention to be disrespectful. Had he simply have said, "I could have played better", then we may not have been having this conversation at all.

Anyway Holmes, I wish you'd stop swanning off to see Oddjack without letting me know. It doesn't half ruin the dinner plans!

bizarre_opinion
05-26-2010, 08:02 AM
butt picker did play crap, but mina made him play that way. nadal is a fake, it's been quite obvious for sometime now.

OddJack
05-26-2010, 08:02 AM
Again,did you actually watch the match or are you just looking at the numbers?

A couple of BP here and there and Nadal could have been in the unenviable position to lose maybe a set to nr.600 something in the world. On clay. Just think about that for a sec.

Nadal's balls weren't heavy enough,he rarely had the initiative(he looked kinda bored out there) and was a bit surprised by mina in the start. Rafa had just 20 winners in three sets and a boatload of UE's. For Rafa's high percentage game(lots of spin) that means you played bad,especially since this is on clay.

Nadal did not judge his game according to the opponent when this is clay and mina is a junior. He knew that he could have taken whatever gianni would have thrown at him. He judged how he played in order to win over this junior. Considering the spent two and a half hours on court,hit 20 winners versus 28 UE in three sets,one could say that this was a ****** match for him. It would have been bad against a solid top50 guy,but against a junior,it was,how Rafa said,"terrible".

So what? you seem to have seen the match. Did Mina deserve to get to those BPs or no? The way you talk is like Nadal gifted every point he lost. The guy came to play with a plan and in some points he pushed him around.
I just dont agree that Nadal played terrible.

frisco
05-26-2010, 08:11 AM
Rafa is very arrogant to say that. He played terrible yet still gave up only 6 games. Nice.

rafan
05-26-2010, 08:15 AM
Rafa did play badly yesterday and he was in his right to say so. That takes nothing a way from the brilliant young man he played. Simply that he was quite an unexpected handful for Rafa and he wasn't prepared at the beginning with a game plan

BullDogTennis
05-26-2010, 08:17 AM

Rafa isn't too happy with his level right now, despite winning in 3 sets. I think it's a sign that he's going to get over his nerves and really step it up next match. I think he will peak as RG goes on, rather than bring his A game to beat low level opponents.

tasteless...doesn't give his opponent anything!

CMM
05-26-2010, 08:21 AM
tasteless...doesn't give his opponent anything!

Rafa is very arrogant to say that.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/3078/42585896.jpg

frisco
05-26-2010, 08:25 AM
I guess Delpo also didn't play well at USO09 when he trashed Rafa by the same score. Imagine if he had play well. Wow.

Gorecki
05-26-2010, 08:27 AM
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/3078/42585896.jpg

now that is a argument no one can rebute... :rolleyes:

rommil
05-26-2010, 08:30 AM
now that is a argument no one can rebute... :rolleyes:

or in this case Gorecki, it's rebutt.....

CMM
05-26-2010, 08:32 AM
now that is a argument no one can rebute...

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/1403/dancacobluebird.gif http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/1403/dancacobluebird.gif http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/1403/dancacobluebird.gif http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/1403/dancacobluebird.gif

Gorecki
05-26-2010, 08:34 AM
or in this case Gorecki, it's rebutt.....

now now... Rommil! we already have those haters Gorecki, Zagor and Drakulie making jokes on Squeaking dogs and Taraflex painted as Clay....

do we need to go that deep? :)

TMF
05-26-2010, 08:37 AM
Ahh,a true tennis fan.

You think Mina is the first frenchie Rafa has beaten in RG? Gasquet,Grosjean,Mathieu,Devilder to name a few. Not to mention the times he has beaten french players outside of RG.

No. It's his disrespecting Mina that can backfire him. Since he knows the crowd are not on his side to begin with, why bother to make it worse. It's best not to say he's playing TERRIBLE. He could have said things like "Even though I won, I think he can play better", or "I like to play better in the next round". Saying "terrible" is a total exaggeration and no one believe him even yourself.

TMF
05-26-2010, 08:45 AM
Yeah,yeah,we get it you don't like him. Big deal. Stop making stuff up about him. Ask most people who follow tennis about Nadal and arrogance is the last thing that will come up,if ever. But surely they aren't as enlightened as you,you clearly know better:rolleyes:

You don't think Rafa has any flaws on/off court??? don't make me do the listing.

My point is not about saying he's arrogance, but some of his flaws ARE worse than being arrogance. And this thread is one of the example.

Legend of Borg
05-26-2010, 08:48 AM
I think Nadal didn't mean to sound disrespectful to Mina. It's not in his character and it's probably the fact that English is his second language that made him use that particular word, instead of saying he could have played better.

Cesc Fabregas
05-26-2010, 08:52 AM
Very disrespectful to his apponent. I don't want to hear his fans calling him being HUMBLE anymore. When I hear this kind of remark from Rafa, it reminds me of Serena.

Posts like this sum up what a joke of a poster you are, I don't see you critising Federer when he says remarks like this. Seriously pal, you are the lowest of the low.

Gorecki
05-26-2010, 08:54 AM
Posts like this sum up what a joke of a poster you are, I don't see you critising Federer when he says remarks like this. Seriously pal, you are the lowest of the low.

yes... and he squeaks... just another hater hating on the Tennis World's Guevara...

Gorecki
05-26-2010, 08:56 AM
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/1403/dancacobluebird.gif http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/1403/dancacobluebird.gif http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/1403/dancacobluebird.gif http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/1403/dancacobluebird.gif

Yet another proof of the Tennis World's Guevara acting cool... at first glance it might look like a millionaire dumb jock acting dorky but in this particular case it's just pure 100% coolness!

Nadalfan89
05-26-2010, 08:58 AM
I don't see the issue here...

Despite the score, he DID play terribly. It's just a fact.

TMF
05-26-2010, 08:58 AM

Roger doesn't say he play TERRIBLE after beating someone in straight set. Find me a match that Roger won in 2,2,2 and said he play terrible. You have no clue what what you are talking about.

CMM
05-26-2010, 09:01 AM
Yet another proof of the Tennis World's Guevara acting cool... at first glance it might look like a millionaire dumb jock acting dorky but in this particular case it's just pure 100% coolness!

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6838/obscenerafalol.gif

statto
05-26-2010, 09:04 AM
Bear in mind he's posted this to his fans on Facebook. This isn't an interview. It may be as simple as him reassuring his fans that he has more in the tank than what he showed yesterday.

ksbh
05-26-2010, 09:04 AM
CMM ... ROFL, you're on the ball today! Brilliant work!

TMF ... you really should wait until you're a little older before you continue to post!

Gorecki
05-26-2010, 09:07 AM
ah.. how sweet... Group hug for those Nadal fans in need of attention...!

yes... you too Kbsts..

on my count...

http://www.thearchnemesis.com/images/teletubbies%20hug.gif

THUNDERVOLLEY
05-26-2010, 09:08 AM
Any claims of Nadal being "disrespectful" or "arrogant" are (of course) never backed up with facts--only emotionalism, yet we all know certain TT-Fedgirls will--in their hypocritically invariable fashion--conveniently ignore Federer's condescending attitude.

^ Resounding truth.

statto
05-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Roger doesn't say he play TERRIBLE after beating someone in straight set. Find me a match that Roger won in 2,2,2 and said he play terrible. You have no clue what what you are talking about.

Roger doesn't ever say he plays terrible does he, even when he loses?

Have a read of his RG'08 post final interview. He says virtually nothing negative about his game, and even throws in references to easy victories over Rafa: http://www.tennis-x.com/story/2008-06-08/h.php

Roger has the tendency to magnify his achievements and minimise his defeats. Rafa has the tendency to do the opposite.

CMM
05-26-2010, 09:21 AM

He's too arrogant to admit it. :lol:

veroniquem
05-26-2010, 09:24 AM

Have a read of his RG'08 post final interview. He says virtually nothing negative about his game, and even throws in references to easy victories over Rafa: http://www.tennis-x.com/story/2008-06-08/h.php

Roger has the tendency to magnify his achievements and minimise his defeats. Rafa has the tendency to do the opposite.
Well observed.

cknobman
05-26-2010, 09:35 AM
Regardless of how Nadal meant what he said I dont think Mina wants to hear things like that.

Think about yourself in the same situation, I know Ive been there. Getting crushed by someone on court and then as your walking off court or gathering your gear they say "Man I played like crap today". It made me want to kick him right in the nuts. That is basically kicking a guy when hes down. Its like saying "I can play my worst tennis and still beat you with ease". Even though it may be true I dont want to hear it and I certainly dont think its great sportsmanship no matter what your "intentions" were when you said it.

TMF
05-26-2010, 09:37 AM

Please try to understand...this isn’t about losing the match, but won in straight set. Had Nadal lost the match in the 1st round, then I can understand he must have played TERRIBLE to lose. Sure, Roger have said he didn’t play well after a defeat, but when and where did you ever heard Roger said he play TERRIBLE after winning 2,2,2 on his best surface?

TMF
05-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Well observed.

Stay on topic. A teacher should be good at that.

Mustard
05-26-2010, 10:00 AM
LOL at *******s going OTT over Rafa's words to his own fans :lol:

CMM
05-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Regardless of how Nadal meant what he said I dont think Mina wants to hear things like that.
Think about yourself in the same situation, I know Ive been there. Getting crushed by someone on court and then as your walking off court or gathering your gear they say "Man I played like crap today". It made me want to kick him right in the nuts. That is basically kicking a guy when hes down. Its like saying "I can play my worst tennis and still beat you with ease". Even though it may be true I dont want to hear it and I certainly dont think its great sportsmanship no matter what your "intentions" were when you said it.

Stop making such a big deal out of this. Federer makes this kind of silly comments all the time, but he's an example of sportsmanship, right?
When Murray shouts "come on" after his opponent makes an unforced error, he's a silly guy with an inappropriate behaviour. When Federer does it, it's ok.
When Federer said after the AO 2009 final that in the fifth set anything can happen and not always the better player wins, did you like it? And this is the guy who wins Sportsmanship awards.
So I'm guessing that Rafa makes these comments because he noticed that this is the way to act if he wants to win Sportsmanship awards.
If you don't like "arrogant Rafa", don't listen to what he says. It's quite simple.

Chris Rizutto
05-26-2010, 10:08 AM
I can't wait for someone to devastate the phony, butt picking liar.

It will be devastating!

frisco
05-26-2010, 10:09 AM

Wow, now that's the picture of humility. Roger all he did was compliment Rafa again and again in that interview. Meanwhile all Rafa can say now is how badly he played despite trouncing his opponent and in effect sticking it to the youngster. That's the difference between the two.

Speranza
05-26-2010, 10:14 AM
Any claims of Nadal being "disrespectful" or "arrogant" are (of course) never backed up with facts--only emotionalism...

Holmes: May I ask, how does one back up claims of arrogance or disrespect with facts?

zagor
05-26-2010, 10:25 AM
Stop making such a big deal out of this. Federer makes this kind of silly comments all the time, but he's an example of sportsmanship, right?
When Murray shouts "come on" after his opponent makes an unforced error, he's a silly guy with an inappropriate behaviour. When Federer does it, it's ok.
When Federer said after the AO 2009 final that in the fifth set anything can happen and not always the better player wins, did you like it? And this is the guy who wins Sportsmanship awards.
So I'm guessing that Rafa makes these comments because he noticed that this is the way to act if he wants to win Sportsmanship awards.
If you don't like "arrogant Rafa", don't listen to what he says. It's quite simple.

Yes he does and gets ripped for it plenty on this forum.If it would be OK when Fed does it then he wouldn't get criticized for it now wouldn't he? Yet he gets called everything from arrogant narcisstic ***** to complete idiot when he gives similar statements.

I don't have a problem personally with what Nadal said,he has a right to give an evaluation of his game after the match.It isn't that great of a sportmaship towards his opponent who seems to have lost 6-2 6-2 6-2 to a "terrible" playing opponent but then again I don't expect great sportmanship from Nadal or Fed for that matter,neither of them are Edberg or Guga in that department.

flyinghippos101
05-26-2010, 10:25 AM
Rafa calls it as it is,he played a less than mediocre match but still pulled it out in straights. This is oonly a testamate to his clay courrt prowlness. And its inevitable that we'll be seeing *******s hating on nadal after they asay stuff like fed being "honest" when he belittles his opponents. Double standards galore people.

zagor
05-26-2010, 10:28 AM
Double standards galore people.

Yes,I agree when Fed tells his opinion he's arrogant but Nadal just tells it how it is and is the most humble player ever.

angiebaby
05-26-2010, 10:35 AM
Rafa calls it as it is,he played a less than mediocre match but still pulled it out in straights. This is oonly a testamate to his clay courrt prowlness. And its inevitable that we'll be seeing *******s hating on nadal after they asay stuff like fed being "honest" when he belittles his opponents. Double standards galore people.

Indeed.

I didn't watch the match but reading the comments on the thread for the match, quite a number of people INCLUDING Fed fans were remarking on how average Rafa looked on court with his U/Es outnumbering his winners. Now the man himself is straight out admitting he didn't play well and it's a problem? I don't get it. Maybe because I don't see how his self-analysis can be interpreted as demeaning or insulting to Mina. The mind boggles that some people are reading it that way.

kraggy
05-26-2010, 10:35 AM

I agree , I think this is one of the rare occasions where Nadal said the wrong thing. Maybe he didn't realize the implications of what he was saying but he should either have said something positive about Mina or not said something so negative about his own performance.

I think Nadal is a genuinely humble guy ( unlike what *******s might want to believe) but you should never totally blast your own performance without giving at least some credit to the opponent because the implication is that you and you alone control what happens in the match, which is wrong no matter how good a player you are.

reversef
05-26-2010, 10:39 AM
Nadal didn't play well, it's not a secret. If he says so, it's not insulting considering his opponent. He faces a junior. This match was probably the less balanced one of the tournament. His opponent played better than what one could have expected. He still lost 2, 2 and 2. That doesn't mean that Nadal played really well.

jackson vile
05-26-2010, 10:41 AM

Who cares, and good luck with that attitude. It isn't going to make up for Roger no matter how much people want to pretend.

If Rafa feels he made a lot of mistakes then that is his take on it and his right.

He did not say one negative thing about his opponent like Roger does at will, instead Rafa criticized himself.

Oh no, Rafa criticized himself. What a jerk and how arrogant! Now he must retire!

Really... ? Really... ?

zagor
05-26-2010, 10:43 AM
I agree , I think this is one of the rare occasions where Nadal said the wrong thing. Maybe he didn't realize the implications of what he was saying but he should either have said something positive about Mina or not said something so negative about his own performance.

I think Nadal is a genuinely humble guy ( unlike what *******s might want to believe) but you should never totally blast your own performance without giving at least some credit to the opponent.

He gave his completely honest opinion this time,it's certainly not a big deal and personally it's something I prefer to read in an interview(but then again I also enjoy Serena's interviews because they entertain me so take it with a grain of salt).

For a extremely succesful professional athlete he is humble IMO(you can't fake some things like his behaviour towards Fed during AO ceremony),however I still don't think his overall sportmanship is on the level of Edberg,Guga,Rafter etc.

Fedbelly
05-26-2010, 10:46 AM

I imagine nadals sweary outburst at us open official also reminded you of serena.... Oh hang on, that was fed when delpo wiped floor with him LMAO

kraggy
05-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Nadal didn't play well, it's not a secret. If he says so, it's not insulting considering his opponent. He faces a junior. This match was probably the less balanced one of the tournament. His opponent played better than what one could have expected. He still lost 2, 2 and 2. That doesn't mean that Nadal played really well.

I don't think Nadal has the slightest intention to insult Mina. But his comments are an indirect insult to Mina because saying you played terrible and still won indirectly implies that the opponent sucks. At the very least Nadal could have said Mina played some really tough games etc. The whole point of pre and post match interviews is that being DEAD honest is NOT always the right thing. If it were, then I can't see how we can fault Federer either when he says stuff like " The match was mine to win or lose".

jackson vile
05-26-2010, 10:49 AM
I imagine nadals sweary outburst at us open official also reminded you of serena.... Oh hang on, that was fed when delpo wiped floor with him LMAO

Very good point.

flyinghippos101
05-26-2010, 10:51 AM
Yes,I agree when Fed tells his opinion he's arrogant but Nadal just tells it how it is and is the most humble player ever.

Quit deluding yourself by putting words in my mouth. I didn't say anything about Rafa being the "Ultimate Purveyor of Truth and Humbleness" but I find it annoying when fanatics from each camp are unable to put aside their respective biases on stuff like this, Fed being the "classy" and "humble" champion is a good example of that, while when Nadal makes any remark sounding remotely degenerating, is enough evidence for feddie fans to call him arrogant.

flyinghippos101
05-26-2010, 10:54 AM

+1 LOL, what a crushing that day

zagor
05-26-2010, 10:54 AM
Quit deluding yourself by putting words in my mouth. I didn't say anything about Rafa being the "Ultimate Purveyor of Truth and Humbleness" but I find it annoying when fanatics from each camp are unable to put aside their respective biases on stuff like this, Fed being the "classy" and "humble" champion is a good example of that, while when Nadal makes any remark sounding remotely degenerating, is enough evidence for feddie fans to call him arrogant.

With that I agree,both sides(Fed and Nadal fans)show double standards.

Rippy
05-26-2010, 10:57 AM
+1 LOL, what a crushing that day

A five-setter isn't a crushing.

Anyway, both Nadal and Fed fans are always more willing to overlook "arrogant" comments when the player they are a fan of says them.

zagor
05-26-2010, 10:59 AM
A five-setter isn't a crushing.

Anyway, both Nadal and Fed fans are always more willing to overlook "arrogant" comments when the player they are a fan of says them.

This, 10 chars.

Hitman
05-26-2010, 11:14 AM

If Del Potro wiped the floor with Roger, what in heavens did he do to poor Rafa? :cry: He probably didn't even get a chance to have an outburst.

Benhur
05-26-2010, 11:14 AM
Well, if he had said he played great, there would have been outraged uproars suggesting he is dellusional.

He should have just said: "I played." Confirming our suspicion that he did inded play. But then he would have been accused of dullness, banality, and wishy-washiness. Or he could have said: "I'm just here to help the ball club". If I were Nadal, I would invent some kind of emotional impairment to skip press conferences, or at least to get out of answering questions in English, which are then transcribed in the full glory of their mangled state, by having a competent interpreter as a permanent member of his entourage.

The interview he gave in English is much longer than that, and he goes on to explain that he is feeling very good about the way he has been playing in the practice sessions. He also says it's been the rule for him not to play so well in the first match at RG. He also says Mina is a good player with a promising future, but "you never know."

I personally don't think Nadal played so "terrible", though he did indeed have more UE than usual and seemd to space out at times. But many of the points were brilliant considering how Mina was hitting and covering the court.

I also think this Mina kid is pretty talented. He came out with all the guns blazing and of course he misfired a lot, along with hitting some excellent shots, but his quickness around the court to keep up with Nadal was remarkable. He looked as quick as Nadal at his age, maybe even quicker.

The ranking (I think in the 600s) of an upcoming talented youngster is pretty meaningless, too, because he must be moving up rather quickly. I agree he is a promising youngster, but you never know.

Hitman
05-26-2010, 11:16 AM
I don't think Nadal has the slightest intention to insult Mina. But his comments are an indirect insult to Mina because saying you played terrible and still won indirectly implies that the opponent sucks. At the very least Nadal could have said Mina played some really tough games etc. The whole point of pre and post match interviews is that being DEAD honest is NOT always the right thing. If it were, then I can't see how we can fault Federer either when he says stuff like " The match was mine to win or lose".

Very eloquently put.

CMM
05-26-2010, 11:18 AM
Well, if he had said he played great, there would have been outraged uproars suggesting he is dellusional.

He should have just said: "I played." Confirming our suspicion that he did inded play. But then he would have been accused of dullness, banality, and wishy-washiness. Or he could have said: "I'm just here to help the ball club". If I were Nadal, I would invent some kind of emotional impairment to skip press conferences, or at least to get out of answering questions in English, which are then transcribed in the full glory of their mangled state, by having a competent interpreter as a permanent member of his entourage.

The interview he gave in English is much longer than that, and he goes on to explain that he is feeling very good about the way he has been playing in the practice sessions. He also says it's been the rule for him not to play so well in the first match at RG. He also says Mina is a good player with a promising future, but "you never know."

I personally don't think Nadal played so "terrible", though he did indeed have more UE than usual and seemd to space out at times. But many of the points were brilliant considering how Mina was hitting and covering the court.

I also think this Mina kid is pretty talented. He came out with all the guns blazing and of course he misfired a lot, along with hitting some excellent shots, but his quickness around the court to keep up with Nadal was remarkable. He looked as quick as Nadal at his age, maybe even quicker.

The ranking (I think in the 600s) of an upcoming talented youngster is pretty meaningless, too, because he must be moving up rather quickly. I agree he is a promising youngster, but you never know.

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/3991/thumbsup1.jpg

Mick
05-26-2010, 11:31 AM
"i played terrible (but the guy who lost to me played even worse)" :)

Fedbelly
05-26-2010, 11:44 AM
If Del Potro wiped the floor with Roger, what in heavens did he do to poor Rafa? :cry: He probably didn't even get a chance to have an outburst.

I think TMF is aware of his/her error. Take it up with him/her.

TMF
05-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Who cares, and good luck with that attitude. It isn't going to make up for Roger no matter how much people want to pretend.

If Rafa feels he made a lot of mistakes then that is his take on it and his right.

He did not say one negative thing about his opponent like Roger does at will, instead Rafa criticized himself.

Oh no, Rafa criticized himself. What a jerk and how arrogant! Now he must retire!

Really... ? Really... ?

Calling it TERRIBLE is more like insulting to Mina than criticizing his game. Like I said, if it’s that terrible then Mina might as well retire from tennis for good. Rafa was never a threat to lose the match but and there’s no need to act like a paranoia. These players made the atp tour and they are professional. Nada act like he shouldn’t broke a sweat out there. It’s ridiculous!

TMF
05-26-2010, 11:53 AM

You have your own meaning of outburst. The only outburst that I know was Serena at the 90 USO.

Fedbelly
05-26-2010, 11:56 AM
You have your own meaning of outburst. The only outburst that I know was Serena at the 90 USO.

Thats ok. Rogers foul mouthed confrontation of the chair ump at us open final has probably slipped your mind for some reason.

Gorecki
05-26-2010, 11:56 AM
I think TMF is aware of his/her error. Take it up with him/her.

Nadal was taken to the woodshed by delpo like a bunny, so all he could do was squeak...

frisco
05-26-2010, 12:01 PM
The conclusion of this thread seems to be that Nadal is very arrogant and should have said something less humiliating to his young opponent.

Fedbelly
05-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Nadal was taken to the woodshed by delpo like a bunny, so all he could do was squeak...

Thats great. Every player gets taken to the woodshed now and again.
I was simply pointing out some heavy duty double standards from the reverred poster that is TMF.

Cheers all the same.

Fedbelly
05-26-2010, 12:11 PM
I saw the post match interview and was hoping that Nadal would give some props to his opponent, who himself has stated that NAdal is one of his favorite players.

I think it was an ommission more than a deliberate snub but of course, there is no way of knowing. However, this thread seems to be a bandwagon of fed worshipers, desparate to imply that Nadal is almost as ungracious as fed can sometimes be.

ksbh
05-26-2010, 12:13 PM
True, just like your hero's spanking in the final of the 2001 US Open by Hewitt. Losses like this are inevitable in any sport.

Semi-Pro
05-26-2010, 12:13 PM
And how did Federer get mentioned in this thread in the first place?

Either way, both are arrogant at times!!! :twisted:

Gorecki
05-26-2010, 12:19 PM
True, just like your hero's spanking in the final of the 2001 US Open by Hewitt. Losses like this are inevitable in any sport.

Agassi made the finals of the USO 2001? that is a novelty...

stay on topic . it's about nadal...

you need affection today Kbusts?

TMF
05-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Thats ok. Rogers foul mouthed confrontation of the chair ump at us open final has probably slipped your mind for some reason.

Roger pointed out to the umpire by saying DP should have call a challenge right after the point, not wait forever and finally decide to do so. And he's correct, other umpires will not allow that, as some players have been denied for a challenge after waiting too long. Roger just wants a fair match, unlike Rafa waste time between points, and worse, rob the other players timing on their service game.

ksbh
05-26-2010, 12:27 PM
No, he got spanked earlier ... at least the dollar tipper made it to the final. LOL!

Agassi made the finals of the USO 2001? that is a novelty...

stay on topic . it's about nadal...

Leonidas
05-26-2010, 12:28 PM
Relax. Minna is 650 in the worl or so. Only 2 games as a pro. If Nadal played against me he would win 6-0 6-0 6-0 and still he could have played terrible. he has all the right to say he played great or terrible, regardless the result or the opponent.

Fedbelly
05-26-2010, 12:36 PM
Roger pointed out to the umpire by saying DP should have call a challenge right after the point, not wait forever and finally decide to do so. And he's correct, other umpires will not allow that, as some players have been denied for a challenge after waiting too long. Roger just wants a fair match, unlike Rafa waste time between points, and worse, rob the other players timing on their service game.

Yes he was correct to swear at the ump. God bless fed... On second thoughts, fed bless god.

Gorecki
05-26-2010, 12:37 PM
No, he got spanked earlier ... at least the dollar tipper made it to the final. LOL!

he had a busted knee, and blisters, and it was to high, plus the clay squeaked, and it was dark, and he was made to play in the second court...

(can i use that bs excuses too or is it reserved to Tennis World's Guevara? )

TMF
05-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Yes he was correct to swear at the ump. God bless fed... On second thoughts, fed bless god.

I would rather fight for my right rather than cheating.

Fedbelly
05-26-2010, 12:40 PM
he had a busted knee, and blisters, and it was to high, plus the clay squeaked, and it was dark, and he was made to play in the second court...

Was it also a little late? A little dark?

billnepill
05-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Yes he does and gets ripped for it plenty on this forum.If it would be OK when Fed does it then he wouldn't get criticized for it now wouldn't he? Yet he gets called everything from arrogant narcisstic ***** to complete idiot when he gives similar statements.

I don't have a problem personally with what Nadal said,he has a right to give an evaluation of his game after the match.It isn't that great of a sportmaship towards his opponent who seems to have lost 6-2 6-2 6-2 to a "terrible" playing opponent but then again I don't expect great sportmanship from Nadal or Fed for that matter,neither of them are Edberg or Guga in that department.

To sum it up, it's not Rafa that is the problem, but his "fans" or ***** that love to bash Fed for his comments. Of course, *******s will do the same thing, what do you expect?

Nadal wasn't arrogant, this is just the TW "culture". "Veroniquem", "Babette" and many others, this is what you've been doing for a quite a long time. Again, what do you expect??

zagor
05-26-2010, 12:42 PM

Roger was simply out of line and he got fined for it.If he has a point to make,he can do it without swearing.

Gorecki
05-26-2010, 12:43 PM
Was it also a little late? A little dark?

you tell me. i'm not trained in that area of expertise like Nadal fans...

ksbh
05-26-2010, 12:44 PM
Going around in circles, I see. Anyways I'll end by answering your question-

I'll ask ol' Pete when I get a chance. You know, he was in that Nike video after Wimbledon last year that had him holding up a sign '15'. Well, Federer's got 16 now. He might get busy shooting a new video!

Fedbelly
05-26-2010, 12:47 PM
you tell me. i'm not trained in that area of expertise like Nadal fans...

A little reference to wimbledon 08. Perhaps you are an objective poster or maybe you dont like mr nadal or his fans or both. Either way, no offence.

Gorecki
05-26-2010, 12:50 PM
Going around in circles, I see. Anyways I'll end by answering your question-

I'll ask ol' Pete when I get a chance. You know, he was in that Nike video after Wimbledon last year that had him holding up a sign '15'. Well, Federer's got 16 now. He might get busy shooting a new video!

so you are keeping track? :twisted: I f your fellow Nadal fans find out, you are busted my friend.. you better be as fast as this years Garros clay...

oh....

and less squeaky, since they will track you because of the noise!

feetofclay
05-26-2010, 12:50 PM
I saw the post match interview and was hoping that Nadal would give some props to his opponent, who himself has stated that NAdal is one of his favorite players.

I think it was an ommission more than a deliberate snub but of course, there is no way of knowing. However, this thread seems to be a bandwagon of fed worshipers, desparate to imply that Nadal is almost as ungracious as fed can sometimes be.

He did say a few words about his opponent.

Taken from the post match interview, "I think he's a good player. He can play well in the future, but you never know. Sure, he has good potential with good serve and he's fast. That's very important.

And later from the baseline I think he can play well, but we will see.

RAFAEL NADAL: When you have 18 and you can play, so for sure he gonna has his good chances to be in the tour very soon."

Gorecki
05-26-2010, 12:52 PM
A little reference to wimbledon 08. Perhaps you are an objective poster or maybe you dont like mr nadal or his fans or both. Either way, no offence.

most certainly not Nadal neither Fed...

now fans... that is a whole new story!

dh003i
05-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Roger was simply out of line and he got fined for it.If he has a point to make,he can do it without swearing.

The swearing was out of line. Everything else he said was dead-on. The umpire should have been fined for not doing his job.

Fedbelly
05-26-2010, 12:56 PM

Taken from the post match interview, "I think he's a good player. He can play well in the future, but you never know. Sure, he has good potential with good serve and he's fast. That's very important.

RAFAEL NADAL: When you have 18 and you can play, so for sure he gonna has his good chances to be in the tour very soon."

Ah i didnt see that.
What a wonderful, inspirational humble young champion. LOL

ksbh
05-26-2010, 12:57 PM
Senor, considering the times Federer lovers on this board like to tell us how he's the GOAT with his 16 slams, you think I need to keep track?! :)

so you are keeping track? :twisted: I f your fellow Nadal fans find out, you are busted my friend.. you better be as fast as this years Garros clay...

oh....

and less squeaky, since they will track you because of the noise!

Marius_Hancu
05-26-2010, 01:00 PM
Let's see tomorrow with Zeballos. Potential huge upset if Rafa not sharp. The Argentines are playing for money:-)

Benhur
05-26-2010, 01:27 PM

Lots of excitement and shockwaves about the word "terrible" Except Nadal never used any such word.

"Happy to win, winning is always what counts, but I should say I played pretty badly [or: boy did I play bad] something like that.

Post match interviews are here. First answering questions in English, then there is a translation of his answers to questions in Spanish. The second part is more readable and copied below. But no terrible or horrible or any such words appears anywhere, either in his English or his Spanish.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2010-05-25/201005251274813253961.html

THE MODERATOR: Questions in Spanish, please.

Q. I had the impression that the balls were lighter. Could you practice on center court?

RAFAEL NADAL: I practiced two days on center court. I don't know about the balls. I think they were perhaps a wee bit heavier. Well, of course they were new balls, but I practiced two days really well. There was no problem with the balls.

I managed to win or to go through three tournaments with the same balls, no problem.

Q. You've just said that you played badly. Can you tell us why technically?

RAFAEL NADAL: I played poorly because I made a lot of unforced errors. Ball was not doing what I wanted to do. I didn't play well. That's the truth. That's why I couldn't play my game as usual.

I did things in such a way that I couldn't play well compared with what I usually do. It's true. I'm a bit nervous or stressed. You know, it's the first round. The first round is always difficult on this tournament.

But I know I have to refocus and calm down and move forward. I think I will have no problems in continuing and moving forward.

Q. Tell me if I'm wrong, I think I remember that you didn't really play well during three games.

RAFAEL NADAL: No, he won a number of games, that's true, because I didn't play well. I made a lot of unforced errors. I think I didn't really serve well and I was playing too much from the baseline and I couldn't really move around the way I wanted to because I was too nervous.

I was playing shorter balls or shots. I didn't have time to change directions when I needed to, so this is one of the reasons why his game was made easier.

But each time, as I say, my first round I played badly.

Q. I think I read somewhere that you had practiced and you had trained...

RAFAEL NADAL: Yes, this is what I said. Well, I was asked if this week would prepare for Roland Garros, and I answered, Okay. It's not the week in Rome like this week is a practice before Roland Garros. Rome is a full‑fledged tournament just like Roland Garros is.

This being said, practice is not just three days. It's about training and practicing all the time. I was ready for Roland Garros. Three days will not suffice.

Q. After today, after this experience, what do you think you should do to impose your style?

RAFAEL NADAL: I think I should continue playing the way I've played for a while now. Today unfortunately I couldn't really play the way I wanted. I was a bit tense, more than usual.

To tell you the truth, I feel really at ease when I practice, so I should hit more strongly and I should let myself go for these shots.

Q. Recently you've talked about the work you had to put in to reach this level and to live up to your own ambitions. I suppose that at your age, you're 23, this is good. By that I mean this is very positive. You're very young. Still, though, in addition to this there is motivation plus all the other tournaments you've won. What are your motivations?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I'm almost 24, absolutely. I'm always, always motivated; otherwise it would be a pity if I had no more dreams at 23 or 24. I'm very competitive, and my ideal is to be the best. Not against the others, but I want to be better compared with my own self.

You know, last year I had some problems. I was injured. It was a bit complicated. This was truly a challenge for me to catch up and to reach my best level. This is a genuine personal satisfaction.

When I win Roland Garros or Monte‑Carlo, I'm so happy. It's happiness which is immediate, but it's the climax of a series, a streak of events and tournaments. Of course I'm very happy. If I win Roland Garros, of course I'll be very happy.

If I lose, I'm aware that at least I'll have done my best. I think that last year helped me considerably to move forward.

Q. What is it that you have to do to win? Because you said you didn't play well and you were nervous.

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I don't know. I think there was a difference of games and levels between myself and my opponent. It's the first time for him, you know, playing at this level. I think there's some stress.

He could have played really poorly, but, well, maybe he didn't play his best tennis. I think that if it had been a tougher opponent I would have played better. Maybe I thought I had enough leeway to play this way, and this is it. It's the way it is.

Q. Next round is against Zeballos. Do you know him? Does he play as a left‑handed player?

RAFAEL NADAL: I know him a little because I have friends who know him. I was told he serves pretty well, that he hits very strongly. Therefore, I have to be more regular and more consistent.

I'll see if I can read his game, but we'll see in the future. I trust I'll play well. I'm quite prepared for this. Well, at least to try and win the match.

Q. What about the circumstances in general, or the weather conditions, rather? In Madrid it was sometimes warm or cold. What do you prefer?

RAFAEL NADAL: The sun. I love the sun. The sun is like happiness. When it's a bit like a dull‑type of weather like this, I don't really like this type of weather. When I play tennis I'd rather play in the sun.

The ball bounces higher. When it was really sunny, I can tell you the balls are a lot lighter. Today it was a bit heavier, so I didn't play really well.

Q. I'd like to know something out of curiosity. Has it happened to you to be faced with a player who serves that strongly?

RAFAEL NADAL: No, no, usually when people play on my backhand, no problem, because I play backhand, and I can play crosscourt. He didn't do this, but he's young. Young players have their own shots that are a bit novel shots.

So he played on my forehand, as well. So anyway, I know him well.

Q. Usually you play one day out of two. One day every other day. How are you going to manage this time off?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I'm really happy in Paris. I have colleagues at the hotel. We enjoy it. Paris is so pretty. We walk around. Tomorrow I'll be free. I'll walk around. And.

Like having a day off to unwind, to calm down, to sometimes watch tennis, as well, and to just relax and enjoy it.

Well, of course, I'll practice for one hour or one and a half hours.

Mustard
05-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Lots of excitement and shockwaves about the word "terrible" Except Nadal never used any such word.

Check his facebook page. Rafa said, and I quote "Happy for the win, it's always important to win, but I played terrible!!!"

tudwell
05-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Interesting that Nadal said he thinks the balls might be heavier. People claiming the tournament is using lighter balls are simply way off base.

decades
05-26-2010, 01:48 PM
this is total lack of respect for his youthful French opponent. Nadal is fed up to here with French rudeness and this is Pay Back.

jackson vile
05-26-2010, 01:58 PM

Man that Nadal sure is a jerk!

DownTheLine
05-26-2010, 02:12 PM
I have a teammate that always says he plays terrible after he wins by a pretty big margin.

He isn't liked much...

frisco
05-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Man that Nadal sure is a jerk!

Quoted for truth.

callmethedoctor
05-26-2010, 02:39 PM
Nadal played a terrible,not just bad match. His body language was very nervous,he did not know mina,he got no support(but that's normal since he was playing a frenchie) and he had a high UE day. He made like 20 winners in 3 sets LOL and stayed 2 hours on court with a junior. Very very passive throughout. He would awaken once in a while and take control of the match only to get passive again. He did not feel his game yesterday and I think he was a bit weirded out by the atmoshpere. When he would actually have a great point,silence in the audience or very few applause. If I am not mistaken he did not even practice on Lenglen,only on PC.

A weird moment was at the end of the match. Mina walked out in applause,Nadal changed his shirt and went to give a interview. Once the interview got underway you could almost hear the crickets. The crowd was dead silent and the only ones that got a bit excited were the autograph hounds. You could feel the coldness. Guess Rafa really isn't liked here. Not at all. It felt weird because when Rafa does his after match routines or gives a interview on court you can see or hear people in the crowd shouting to him and so on. Not here. Very silent.

I wonder how things will be on Chatrier tomorrow :)

I saw part of the match and noticed this as well. No one, no one seemed to like Nadal. Of course it is a french player, but I thought you could always count on a few *********s in every crowd :).

Mustard
05-26-2010, 02:45 PM
All this Rafa bashing is getting ridiculous.

TMF
05-26-2010, 02:50 PM
The swearing was out of line. Everything else he said was dead-on. The umpire should have been fined for not doing his job.

The umpire shouldn’t award DP’s request for the challenge since the point was long over. It’s his fault for not being on top of things, especially when it’s a GS final. I think he should never be allow to officiate any major events like the GS anymore.

Justdoit10
05-26-2010, 03:40 PM
It fits in very well with the ridiculous Nadal *** kissing that goes on around here.

flyinghippos101
05-26-2010, 03:46 PM
The umpire shouldn’t award DP’s request for the challenge since the point was long over. It’s his fault for not being on top of things, especially when it’s a GS final. I think he should never be allow to officiate any major events like the GS anymore.

And did it help that Fed launched a tirade against the judge? And people were ready to crucify Serena for what she did. What Fed did that day was almost on par.

Rippy
05-26-2010, 04:15 PM
And did it help that Fed launched a tirade against the judge? And people were ready to crucify Serena for what she did. What Fed did that day was almost on par.

Well it was out of order for Fed to swear and he was rightly fined, but it wasn't really on a par with what Serena did.

Xenakis
05-26-2010, 04:18 PM
this is total lack of respect for his youthful French opponent. Nadal is fed up to here with French rudeness and this is Pay Back.

His total lack of respect for English grammar is considerably worse. He's a bad role model. Adverbs and adjectives are different things.

ChanceEncounter
05-26-2010, 04:27 PM

Next time Federer remotely implies he played "terrible" against someone he beats 2, 2, 2, watch the reaction. If you don't think *********s jump on Federer for his comments, you clearly have your head up your ***.

I'm a big Nadal supporter, but the crap his 'fans' pull on here makes me ashamed to say that I'm a fan of him. That includes people like you. Being able to see things from an objective point of view is not a bad thing. You should learn that.

jackson vile
05-26-2010, 05:03 PM

"Happy to win, winning is always what counts, but I should say I played pretty badly [or: boy did I play bad] something like that.

Post match interviews are here. First answering questions in English, then there is a translation of his answers to questions in Spanish. The second part is more readable and copied below. But no terrible or horrible or any such words appears anywhere, either in his English or his Spanish.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/news/interviews/2010-05-25/201005251274813253961.html

THE MODERATOR: Questions in Spanish, please.

Q. I had the impression that the balls were lighter. Could you practice on center court?

RAFAEL NADAL: I practiced two days on center court. I don't know about the balls. I think they were perhaps a wee bit heavier. Well, of course they were new balls, but I practiced two days really well. There was no problem with the balls.

I managed to win or to go through three tournaments with the same balls, no problem.

Q. You've just said that you played badly. Can you tell us why technically?

RAFAEL NADAL: I played poorly because I made a lot of unforced errors. Ball was not doing what I wanted to do. I didn't play well. That's the truth. That's why I couldn't play my game as usual.

I did things in such a way that I couldn't play well compared with what I usually do. It's true. I'm a bit nervous or stressed. You know, it's the first round. The first round is always difficult on this tournament.

But I know I have to refocus and calm down and move forward. I think I will have no problems in continuing and moving forward.

Q. Tell me if I'm wrong, I think I remember that you didn't really play well during three games.

RAFAEL NADAL: No, he won a number of games, that's true, because I didn't play well. I made a lot of unforced errors. I think I didn't really serve well and I was playing too much from the baseline and I couldn't really move around the way I wanted to because I was too nervous.

I was playing shorter balls or shots. I didn't have time to change directions when I needed to, so this is one of the reasons why his game was made easier.

But each time, as I say, my first round I played badly.

Q. I think I read somewhere that you had practiced and you had trained...

RAFAEL NADAL: Yes, this is what I said. Well, I was asked if this week would prepare for Roland Garros, and I answered, Okay. It's not the week in Rome like this week is a practice before Roland Garros. Rome is a full‑fledged tournament just like Roland Garros is.

This being said, practice is not just three days. It's about training and practicing all the time. I was ready for Roland Garros. Three days will not suffice.

Q. After today, after this experience, what do you think you should do to impose your style?

RAFAEL NADAL: I think I should continue playing the way I've played for a while now. Today unfortunately I couldn't really play the way I wanted. I was a bit tense, more than usual.

To tell you the truth, I feel really at ease when I practice, so I should hit more strongly and I should let myself go for these shots.

Q. Recently you've talked about the work you had to put in to reach this level and to live up to your own ambitions. I suppose that at your age, you're 23, this is good. By that I mean this is very positive. You're very young. Still, though, in addition to this there is motivation plus all the other tournaments you've won. What are your motivations?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I'm almost 24, absolutely. I'm always, always motivated; otherwise it would be a pity if I had no more dreams at 23 or 24. I'm very competitive, and my ideal is to be the best. Not against the others, but I want to be better compared with my own self.

You know, last year I had some problems. I was injured. It was a bit complicated. This was truly a challenge for me to catch up and to reach my best level. This is a genuine personal satisfaction.

When I win Roland Garros or Monte‑Carlo, I'm so happy. It's happiness which is immediate, but it's the climax of a series, a streak of events and tournaments. Of course I'm very happy. If I win Roland Garros, of course I'll be very happy.

If I lose, I'm aware that at least I'll have done my best. I think that last year helped me considerably to move forward.

Q. What is it that you have to do to win? Because you said you didn't play well and you were nervous.

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I don't know. I think there was a difference of games and levels between myself and my opponent. It's the first time for him, you know, playing at this level. I think there's some stress.

He could have played really poorly, but, well, maybe he didn't play his best tennis. I think that if it had been a tougher opponent I would have played better. Maybe I thought I had enough leeway to play this way, and this is it. It's the way it is.

Q. Next round is against Zeballos. Do you know him? Does he play as a left‑handed player?

RAFAEL NADAL: I know him a little because I have friends who know him. I was told he serves pretty well, that he hits very strongly. Therefore, I have to be more regular and more consistent.

I'll see if I can read his game, but we'll see in the future. I trust I'll play well. I'm quite prepared for this. Well, at least to try and win the match.

Q. What about the circumstances in general, or the weather conditions, rather? In Madrid it was sometimes warm or cold. What do you prefer?

RAFAEL NADAL: The sun. I love the sun. The sun is like happiness. When it's a bit like a dull‑type of weather like this, I don't really like this type of weather. When I play tennis I'd rather play in the sun.

The ball bounces higher. When it was really sunny, I can tell you the balls are a lot lighter. Today it was a bit heavier, so I didn't play really well.

Q. I'd like to know something out of curiosity. Has it happened to you to be faced with a player who serves that strongly?

RAFAEL NADAL: No, no, usually when people play on my backhand, no problem, because I play backhand, and I can play crosscourt. He didn't do this, but he's young. Young players have their own shots that are a bit novel shots.

So he played on my forehand, as well. So anyway, I know him well.

Q. Usually you play one day out of two. One day every other day. How are you going to manage this time off?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I'm really happy in Paris. I have colleagues at the hotel. We enjoy it. Paris is so pretty. We walk around. Tomorrow I'll be free. I'll walk around. And.

Like having a day off to unwind, to calm down, to sometimes watch tennis, as well, and to just relax and enjoy it.

Well, of course, I'll practice for one hour or one and a half hours.

Total fail for orginal poster then, and shame on all the morons going on about a word Rafa never even said.

THUNDERVOLLEY
05-26-2010, 05:18 PM
and shame on all the morons going on about a word Rafa never even said.

Ah, but this is the forum of double-standards, hate-mongerng and general *******-ish behavior...seen frequently when Nadal commits some "offense" in the eyes of the worst faction of Federer-lovers.

boris becker 1
05-26-2010, 06:46 PM
can see a in form ferrer giving rafa trouble.

Mustard
05-26-2010, 06:48 PM
Total fail for orginal poster then, and shame on all the morons going on about a word Rafa never even said.

Rafa said he played terrible on facebook, not in his post-match interview.

woodrow1029
05-27-2010, 07:15 AM
We have been over this so many times, I don't even know why we do this anymore.

Watch the video again. Del Potro asked the umpire a question, (which he is allowed to do). The umpire answered, but Del Potro couldn't hear over the crowd noise so the umpire answered again and Del Potro challenged.

woodrow1029
05-27-2010, 07:15 AM
It was nowhere even close to what Serena did.

woodrow1029
05-27-2010, 07:17 AM
alright chief.

ViscaB
05-27-2010, 07:18 AM
He was pretty terrible. His timing was way off. As if he was still playing on Madrid's altitude. Anybody who has seen him win the 3 big clay court tournaments can acknowledge that the real Rafa never showed up for this game.

raiden031
05-27-2010, 07:20 AM
What a jerk to belittle his opponent like that. The guy won 6 games in the entire match and Nadal says he played "terrible". Had he not played terrible, it surely would've been a triple bagel!

Rippy
05-27-2010, 07:21 AM
Ah, but this is the forum of double-standards, hate-mongerng and general *******-ish behavior...seen frequently when Nadal commits some "offense" in the eyes of the worst faction of Federer-lovers.

Nadal did use the word "terrible".

Double-standards are seen by fans of both Federer and Nadal.

Big Dave
05-27-2010, 07:26 AM
1- i don't understand why the french crowd seems to hate nadal so much. the guy has always been a class act and a great patron for the sport. He always give it his all, and has proven to be a great champion, especially in Paris. what did he ever do to the french...besides dominate their tournament?

2- has there been any interview with Mina post match? I'd be really interested to read his opinion on playing Nadal. Anybody know?

ViscaB
05-27-2010, 07:28 AM
1- i don't understand why the french crowd seems to hate nadal so much. the guy has always been a class act and a great patron for the sport. He always give it his all, and has proven to be a great champion, especially in Paris. what did he ever do to the french...besides dominate their tournament?

Nadal is Spanish. The Spanish have been winning Roland Garros and the Tour De France for fun in recent times. This leads to frustration. Besides neighboors never like each other.

ksbh
05-27-2010, 07:40 AM
No, all I need is for you to stop making tasteless posts. I don't know if that's asking too much but you could try! You could learn from some of your rare fellow Federer fans that are all class.

Sentinel
05-27-2010, 07:59 AM
So true. The brain damaged threads that pop up when one guy ;-) says "I played amazing today" and another "I played terrible".
Rafa and Roger seems to be jerks no matter what they say. I suppose a lot of worms come out of the sand when it rains heavily, lol !

marc45
05-27-2010, 08:04 AM
and now he's going to go back-to-back because of the weather, no day off somewhere...fed's sitting back and grinning

ViscaB
05-27-2010, 08:10 AM
and now he's going to go back-to-back because of the weather, no day off somewhere...fed's sitting back and grinning

Another brilliant piece of organization. They know it's going to rain and don't have the decency to put him first. RG is looking more and more like a 2nd rank tournament.

raiden031
05-27-2010, 09:20 AM

What does it matter? When Nadal plays "terrible", he still wins with an un-competitive match. He could use an actual challenge, no?

OddJack
05-27-2010, 09:26 AM
Nadal is well rested and mentally tough, he will have no problems.

Emma1994
05-27-2010, 09:29 AM
i didnt think he was that bad although he wasnt at his best he still played so very good shots and used good tactics :) well done rafa :)

Gorecki
05-27-2010, 09:38 AM
No, all I need is for you to stop making tasteless posts. I don't know if that's asking too much but you could try! You could learn from some of your rare fellow Federer fans that are all class.

Fellow Federer fans? are you insulting me?

ksbh
05-27-2010, 09:56 AM
LOL, no Sir ... just going tit-for-tat in response to your fellow Nadal-fans comment! :)

Fellow Federer fans? are you insulting me?

Gorecki
05-27-2010, 10:04 AM
LOL, no Sir ... just going tit-for-tat in response to your fellow Nadal-fans comment! :)

i call nadal fans nadal fans. i call fed fans fed fans. i call Gorecki a lulz cat with a doritos degree and a bad behaviour problem. i call Mun the newborn Mungolete, and Leonidas a mushroom. if i see clay squeaking i call it taraflex, if i see grass bouncing shoulder high i call it Har-tru

i call a spade a spade...

i need a glass of wine... or 7....

ps: if it sounded tasteless, i apologize. you are still my third favourite nadal fan. tarsier is first (m.i.a.) and Blikism is close second (only when not using logic)!

mandy01
05-27-2010, 10:07 AM
Total fail for orginal poster then, and shame on all the morons going on about a word Rafa never even said.I know the whole fuss is unnecessary but just to make it clear-The OP didn't pull out the word "terrible" from Nadal's presser.It was there in his facebook message or whatever it is.:wink:
But yes,some folks ARE making a mountain out of a molehill.

TheTruth
05-27-2010, 04:29 PM
Relax. Minna is 650 in the worl or so. Only 2 games as a pro. If Nadal played against me he would win 6-0 6-0 6-0 and still he could have played terrible. he has all the right to say he played great or terrible, regardless the result or the opponent.

Absolutely.

A lot of people are simply rubbing two sticks together trying to make a fire.

TheTruth
05-27-2010, 04:33 PM

Agree.......

TheTruth
05-27-2010, 04:46 PM
Another brilliant piece of organization. They know it's going to rain and don't have the decency to put him first. RG is looking more and more like a 2nd rank tournament.

Shades of Wimbledon.

Some people think Nadal's knee problems are a result of his playing style.

I think it's a result of organizers. This happens far too much to be a coincidence.

sh@de
05-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Shades of Wimbledon.

I think it's a result of organizers. This happens far too much to be a coincidence.

!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have nothing left to say... how people can be so clouded by their likes (in this case, obsessions) is beyond me...

ViscaB
05-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Shades of Wimbledon.

The only place where it didn't happen was in Madrid. And we all know the outcome of that tournament.

TheTruth
05-28-2010, 05:20 AM
!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have nothing left to say... how people can be so clouded by their likes (in this case, obsessions) is beyond me...

If you can't see how biased the scheduling is and always has been, then your judgment is indeed clouded.

Obsessions? Show me an obsessive post of mine. Gosh, I hate how you guys try to discredit posters for no reason. I don't like the way they schedule. Wimbledon was a great example. Where's the obsession?

However, I'm not going to argue with you. We'll never agree, so in the end it's pointless.

Moving right along.

TheTruth
05-28-2010, 05:28 AM
The only place where it didn't happen was in Madrid. And we all know the outcome of that tournament.

Thanks for seeing what I thought was painfully obvious.

When players don't get to play their first match due to rain, they rightly should be scheduled first to stay on track with the tournament, not fifth. What kind of sense does that make to disadvantage any player?

The scheduling was unfair to Monfils/Fognini as well. The commentators said they put them on at 7:30, when it's getting dark and there's no tiebreak in the fifth set and no lights.

Guess my obsession extends to Monfils too:). Nope. Just dislike illogical reasoning.

mandy01
05-28-2010, 05:46 AM
ps: if it sounded tasteless, i apologize. you are still my third favourite nadal fan. tarsier is first (m.i.a.) and Blikism is close second (only when not using logic)!
I thought you liked Serendipitous :-|