PDA

View Full Version : is rezai a contender ?

dannythomas
05-26-2010, 06:20 AM
I know there was a thread about Rezai a while ago but I wonder if she is a real live contender for R-G.

On the face of it her record is not that amazing about 210-130. Her best GS performance is 4th round.

And yet ... the girl is on fire. She has beaten Henin, Jankovic, Venus and won at Madrid. I have never seen a player play so aggressively and with no apparent fear since Seles and then the Williams first hit the scene. Rezai is a little different because she did not have that impact when she first joined the tour but is doing it now. She also has excellent tactical awareness , repeatedly driving winners back behind her opponents which is great on clay. I would say that could be pretty effective on grass too.

I don't really know why her record is so ordinary but she is clearly on the rise
having climbed to no 16. I have watched 3 or 4 of her matches and I am 100% sure none of the top players will want to face her.
I predict she will get to the semis at least of 1 slam this year ( maybe this one ) and that she will be in the top 5 within 12 months.

Totai
05-26-2010, 06:31 AM
I think the problem with Rezai might be her consistency. She has been on fire for the last few weeks, but prior to that, when she has an off day, she will throw a massive number of UEs...She is awesome to watch when she is on, and painful to watch when she isnt unfortunately :(

Shaolin
05-26-2010, 08:44 AM
She seems to be a real fighter which is something kind of lacking in the WTA. Just that makes me believe she's a contender. I hope she she makes the final.

OddJack
05-26-2010, 08:52 AM
Her style of play requires high level of fitness. She goes after almost each and every ball. It is going to be quite tough to keep this up, specially after winning the last tourny.
Her first win was quite impressive. I think he is set to meet Wozniak and I am hoping for a beat down.

wy2sl0
05-26-2010, 09:26 AM
I don't usually watch womens tennis, but I am watching her match now. Her forehand is one of the best I have seen, at least today. It isn't missing and it has the perfect amount of pace and spin.

What I can tell though is she has no patience, kind of reminds me of old Roddick playing the points at breakneck speed with no rest in between. Well see how long she can keep it up.

She has hit quite a few shots with as much or more pace then some of the men hit with on average.

dannythomas
05-26-2010, 10:24 AM
She wasn't so impressive today -worst match I have seen her play. I thought for a while my thread would be an embarrassing one. But she got it together in the end. Not to forget some of the other seeds have not been too convincing including last year's Champion. What I think is that Rezai lifts her game against the top players, she is in no way intimidated so if she is still there in the 2nd week she is definitely a contender.