PDA

View Full Version : Mina looks like monfils

SuperDuy
05-26-2010, 01:17 PM
At first when I watched the nadal match I thought the guy was monfils. Then I see the name G mina, wow anyone else think they look alike, same shirt, hairstyle, when they shook hands looked similar.

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/9144/monfils.png

Scientist
05-26-2010, 01:21 PM
Cool story bro

sureshs
05-26-2010, 01:22 PM
You are the first one to notice the similarity

Cassius Clay
05-26-2010, 02:16 PM

Sorry for the loss, no?

sureshs
05-26-2010, 02:17 PM

I will thrash you, and your lookalike too, so shake hands and get outta here

Shaolin
05-26-2010, 02:19 PM
http://www.quizlaw.com/blog/images/captain-obvious.jpg

forzamilan90
05-26-2010, 02:28 PM
not facially, they are both black and french other than that i don't see a resemblance

TennisandMusic
05-26-2010, 02:42 PM
not facially, they are both black and french other than that i don't see a resemblance

Exactly. They are both black, and have a very similar style, but they don't LOOK alike whatsoever. Kind of an absurd thing to say.

It's like saying Berdych and Federer look alike.

Shaolin
05-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Exactly. They are both black, and have a very similar style, but they don't LOOK alike whatsoever. Kind of an absurd thing to say.

It's like saying Berdych and Federer look alike.

No, its not. Besides them both being black and French, they both have the same exact build (tall/lanky), dress the EXACT same (pre K-swiss) and also have similar movement on court.

kishnabe
05-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Mina idolizes Monfils..of course he is going to immitate part of him. Just like Nadal idolizes Moya!

TennisandMusic
05-26-2010, 04:04 PM
No, its not. Besides them both being black and French, they both have the same exact build (tall/lanky), dress the EXACT same (pre K-swiss) and also have similar movement on court.

I said they have a similar style. They use a different racquet. He's not as tall. Yes he's black and he's french, and they wear similar clothes. That's about the end of it if you ask me. Saying they look alike facially is highly suspect.

So yes it is saying Berdych looks like Federer. In a way.Two white guys in classy nike clothes! (disregarding style of play and the fact Berdych wears a hat).

What the OP wants to say is perhaps "Mina dresses like Monfils." Or, "Mina's play resembles Monfils." Saying Mina LOOKS like Monfils is false. Not trying to be a pain in the butt, just saying...

Astroman
05-26-2010, 04:06 PM
I thought the same thing, then I thought, "Why would anyone want to emulate Monfils?"

Dilettante
05-26-2010, 06:04 PM
Mina idolizes Monfils..of course he is going to immitate part of him. Just like Nadal idolizes Moya!

In fact, at the very beginning Nadal's game had a lot with common with Moya's. I saw similarities and not because they were both from Mallorca, but because Nadal imitated some Moya's techniques (of course today Nadal's game is far much more complex that Moya's ever was and the comparison outdated, but for instance the dreadful Nadal crosscourt forehand is 100% Moyaesque).

In a similar way, Mina's game has some resemblances to Monfils', nothing to do with they being both French blacks or whatever. It's just they play similar in certain ways. I guess with time Mina'll start to develop more his own style.

Nothing wrong with the comparison IMO.

And about the looks, not that I care but Mina has clothes and haircut in Monfils' style. Don't know if it's an imitation too but it's a fact. Maybe he just liked the outfits, why not.

Shaolin
05-26-2010, 06:25 PM
I said they have a similar style. They use a different racquet. He's not as tall. Yes he's black and he's french, and they wear similar clothes. That's about the end of it if you ask me. Saying they look alike facially is highly suspect.

So yes it is saying Berdych looks like Federer. In a way.Two white guys in classy nike clothes! (disregarding style of play and the fact Berdych wears a hat).

What the OP wants to say is perhaps "Mina dresses like Monfils." Or, "Mina's play resembles Monfils." Saying Mina LOOKS like Monfils is false. Not trying to be a pain in the butt, just saying...

Who said they ''look alike facially''? And what would be ''highly suspect'' about that anyway? Whats your point?

The guy has the same exact build as Monfils, wears the same clothes as Monfils did, plays a similar way to Monfils, and is also a tall black French player like Monfils. Thats more than enough to say he looks like Monfils.

If Federer suddenly started wearing all of the Nadal Nike stuff, people would start posting that he ''looks like Nadal now''.

Get off your high horse/soapbox. The guy looks like Monfils, period.

pmerk34
05-26-2010, 07:15 PM
Who said they ''look alike facially''? And what would be ''highly suspect'' about that anyway? Whats your point?

The guy has the same exact build as Monfils, wears the same clothes as Monfils did, plays a similar way to Monfils, and is also a tall black French player like Monfils. Thats more than enough to say he looks like Monfils.

If Federer suddenly started wearing all of the Nadal Nike stuff, people would start posting that he ''looks like Nadal now''.

Get off your high horse/soapbox. The guy looks like Monfils, period.

I thought it was Monfils for a minute when I flipped the match on today.

Commando Tennis Shorts
05-26-2010, 08:13 PM
What do you mean "You people"? :)

jerriy
05-27-2010, 01:20 AM
Monf is taller built and that is also visible in the way he plays. Obviously the kid has Monf's dress style and haircut but other than that he is not a lookalike... not any more than Nadal is a lookalike of Pocahontas