PDA

View Full Version : Game, set and Mats

Cesc Fabregas
05-26-2010, 02:07 PM
Anyone ever seen it? Its a terrible programme. They show 10 second highlights of every match, they tell you the result and show the press conference BEFORE the highlights of the match, the narrater is constantley getting his lines wrong and late, they have this segment called 'babs undercover' where this strange woman tries to do tasks like getting into the player's lounge in the most embrassing and cringeworthy ways. Wilander is usually good in it but the show is a complete joke.

Cesc Fabregas
05-26-2010, 02:10 PM
The only good thing about the show is where the player's give the car interview with a VERY attractive female driver.

hawk eye
05-26-2010, 02:15 PM
I agree but the cab driving item thing isn't so bad, given who's behind the wheel. Just wish something really suprising would happen..

hawk eye
05-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Ok didn't see your second :)

Telepatic
05-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Agree with all said but I still find it interesting to hear some opinions and interviews.
Mats is a terrible predictor, for example, he said Taylor's game will probably trouble Sod today...maan... - .-

HAL9001
05-26-2010, 02:23 PM
The only good thing about the show is where the player's give the car interview with a VERY attractive female driver.

I saw her, very nice indeed. Btw and off topic, but have you seen the 14 year old photos of french first lady, carla bruni in the press today?

Mustard
05-26-2010, 02:43 PM
I like Game, Set and Mats.

Legend of Borg
05-26-2010, 02:45 PM
Watched it during last year's FO on EuroSport. Found it pretty interesting and a breath of fresh air compared to the usual Gilbert, McEnroe and Carillo trio.

nickynu
05-26-2010, 03:57 PM
Anyone ever seen it? Its a terrible programme. They show 10 second highlights of every match, they tell you the result and show the press conference BEFORE the highlights of the match, the narrater is constantley getting his lines wrong and late, they have this segment called 'babs undercover' where this strange woman tries to do tasks like getting into the player's lounge in the most embrassing and cringeworthy ways. Wilander is usually good in it but the show is a complete joke.

You do know that the "strange woman" is the former world number 7 tennis player, right?

Anyway I actually love game set and mats though I recognise it may be ... erm ..... Niche

joeri888
05-26-2010, 10:12 PM

I don't think it's that bad tbh. Enjoyed it a lot last year (I enjoyed everything except the nerves last year), but of course if you want to see proper highlights it's not your show. A bit of talk about the matches, a little preview of tomorrow and some 'entertaining' segments is enough for me.

The guy who came up with the name of the programme just worries me though.

Carsomyr
05-27-2010, 12:22 AM
Its a digrace, its an scandal, its a outrage!

aphex
05-27-2010, 12:32 AM

agreed...is this woman Babs supposed to be funny?

Roberto
05-27-2010, 04:42 AM
I love game, set and Mats...one of my favourite programs.

Cassius Clay
05-27-2010, 05:35 AM
Why do you speak English as if you knew the language when you obviously don't?

mtr1
05-27-2010, 06:52 AM
Wilander is good, the programme is bad.

bizarre_opinion
05-27-2010, 06:59 AM
the programme is a joke, completely pointless. And babs undercover is stupid and crap. Why not just show highlights of the days matches and get wilander to do a short summary on each of the matches played and cut out the other pointless sh*t.

Addi
05-27-2010, 11:37 AM
the show is crappy as a show can get. total waste of time...

addi

Roberto
05-28-2010, 05:37 AM
Why do you speak English as if you knew the language when you obviously don't?

This is a very funny comment...but I don't get your point Muhammed

Augustus
05-28-2010, 06:43 AM
I actually like it, Mats is a great analyst in my opinion.

BBC coverage at Wimbledon is the best though, Sue Barker is awesome! :)

Starfury
05-28-2010, 07:13 AM
I actually like it, Mats is a great analyst in my opinion.
Then it might be a good idea if they spent some time analyzing matches, instead of filling the time with fluff.

P_Agony
05-28-2010, 08:10 AM
I like it, it's nice to hear an expert opnion. True, Mats has been wrong badly before, like when he called Federer his favorite to win the RG 08 final (epic fail), but usually he's a good analyst and interesting. Plus, he's a ******* ;-)

Mustard
05-28-2010, 09:32 AM
I like it, it's nice to hear an expert opnion. True, Mats has been wrong badly before, like when he called Federer his favorite to win the RG 08 final (epic fail), but usually he's a good analyst and interesting. Plus, he's a ******* ;-)

It was really baffling how so many "experts" backed Federer to beat Nadal in the 2008 French Open final considering the way Nadal was playing during that tournament. It was clear that Nadal was better than 2007 while Federer was a bit worse.

Cesc Fabregas
05-31-2010, 12:09 PM
Babs undercover was cringeworthy tonight, a total embarassment.

batz
05-31-2010, 12:10 PM
Cesc is right - this show is complete arsegravy.

All-rounder
05-31-2010, 12:11 PM
I think the caroline wozniaki vlog thing is.....kinda pointless.

big bang
05-31-2010, 12:12 PM
that program is crap, just crap! just show us more highlights and stop pretending to be funny.

Cesc Fabregas
05-31-2010, 12:13 PM
Cesc is right - this show is complete arsegravy.

Compare it to the highlight show BBC do at night for Wimbledon, it doesn't compare. Eurosport is awful, I usually watch the matches on BBC interactive. How about you?

rovex
05-31-2010, 12:14 PM

Don't know what you're on, he loves Nadal far more.

All-rounder
05-31-2010, 12:14 PM
Don't know what you're on, he loves Nadal far more.
This...

10 char

Telepatic
05-31-2010, 12:17 PM
Highlights: one random point, mp>>that's it

batz
05-31-2010, 12:33 PM
Compare it to the highlight show BBC do at night for Wimbledon, it doesn't compare. Eurosport is awful, I usually watch the matches on BBC interactive. How about you?

I only watch on Eurosport if I can't get HD on the beeb.

Mustard
05-31-2010, 02:19 PM
I love hearing Mats' opinions.

Legend of Borg
05-31-2010, 02:20 PM

Wilander a *******? He's the Anti-Federer if anything.