leoresende2007
05-26-2010, 05:44 PM
Any pro use lux adrenaline?

AeroBroDrive
05-26-2010, 07:00 PM
supposedly Juan Martin del Potro does.

Deodorant
05-26-2010, 09:49 PM
i use lux adrenaline. but im not a pro, its the closest string that plays like lux bb original at a cheaper price.

leoresende2007
05-27-2010, 04:11 PM
i use lux adrenaline. but im not a pro, its the closest string that plays like lux bb original at a cheaper price.
A lot of people say its worse than others lux. What do you think? Is it better than ALU and Original?

volleynets
05-27-2010, 06:56 PM
What tension should string it into a BLX or K90? Would you guys recommend full or hybrid for better performance?

PED
05-27-2010, 07:25 PM
A lot of people say its worse than others lux. What do you think? Is it better than ALU and Original?

It depends on the size IMO. I used Adrenaline 17g last fall and loved it. It held tension much better than ALU and gave me the same action on the ball. I used the 16g a few weeks back and didn't like it as much. Not bad in the thicker size but the feel was much better in the 17g.

I do prefer adrenaline over BBO though.

Tennis_Crazed
05-27-2010, 09:05 PM
Adrenaline for whatever reason doesn't feel as crisp and doesn't have the same pop as alu power.

I've talked to a number of very good players who could feel the difference as well... my 2 cents

Buckethead
05-28-2010, 10:26 AM
The question wasn't from me,but that is a good string and it is similar to the ones you mentioned,but i think Alu power is better but not much.
WeissCannon Match Power(not much power)is a damn good string.Try the MSV Heptatwist as well.As many more you try better your knowledge on strings become.

ClubHoUno
05-28-2010, 02:14 PM
I tried a hybrid of VS17-Adrenaline 1.25 and VS17-Alu Power 1.24 in 2 identical racquets and my conclusion is that Adrenaline might be Ok for the price, but it feels like a poor mans Alu Power - not as crisp and not as powerful.

I also prefer Silverstring 1.20 over Adrenaline by a pretty large margin.

JoelDali
05-28-2010, 04:02 PM
Adrenaline for whatever reason doesn't feel as crisp and doesn't have the same pop as alu power.

I've talked to a number of very good players who could feel the difference as well... my 2 cents

Well said.

It sucks.

Deodorant
05-29-2010, 12:42 AM
well to be honest, ive never played with a string as good as alu power, but the adrenaline comes damn close. the pop is the same, spin is almost there, but the feel will never be achieved.
alu power to me just has this feel where you know the ball will drop in. but yeah im somewhat happy with the cheap pice of adrenaline.

happycamperjack
05-29-2010, 01:55 AM
Adrenaline noticeably have less pop and power compared to Alu power. Probably because that it's less elastic and 10% stiffer than Alu power. I think it's more suitable for bigger rackets and for people who don't suffer from elbow problems. I would strongly recommend hybriding it with a softer string or just use alu power or you may soon face elbow problem especially if you r a big banger or strong server. I want to like this string, but it's simply too harsh on the arm even compared to other polys.

Buckethead
05-29-2010, 05:01 AM
Adrenaline noticeably have less pop and power compared to Alu power. Probably because that it's less elastic and 10% stiffer than Alu power. I think it's more suitable for bigger rackets and for people who don't suffer from elbow problems. I would strongly recommend hybriding it with a softer string or just use alu power or you may soon face elbow problem especially if you r a big banger or strong server. I want to like this string, but it's simply too harsh on the arm even compared to other polys.
what racquet do you have?
I playtested (1.25g) that string before it came out and have used it once at 1.30g with RDS 001 mid strung at 58/56,no problems at all.What you said is not right.

happycamperjack
05-29-2010, 11:02 PM
I playtested (1.25g) that string before it came out and have used it once at 1.30g with RDS 001 mid strung at 58/56,no problems at all.What you said is not right.

I was using k90. to be fair, problem didn't show up in the first few weeks of hitting with the string. I strung it at the exact same tension as u, 58/56. I never have problem with ALU power though.

DownTheLine
05-29-2010, 11:05 PM
If I break the stuff an in hour and a half or so Pros would break it in the two games before change overs.

chancep2120
06-01-2010, 06:42 AM

How is he not right? Just because you didn't have the same problems doesn't mean he's not right.

winstoncho
06-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Like the other posters I wasn't too thrilled with the string (16G) compared to BB Alu Rough strung at 57lbs on a Head Speed MP:

>Less pop than ALU
>Feels stiffer than ALU
>Less feel than ALU but it's not as if ALU has tons of feel

For the price, it's not bad but I would agree that it wouldn't be too bad in a hybrid set up.

LPShanet
06-02-2010, 07:30 PM

In blind tests, people seemed much less opinionated than they are on these boards. Not knowing it was less expensive, it tested somewhat similarly to Alu, although with a little less power. Overall, it's a good value string that plays somewhat like Alu, but with slightly less pop. Many like it better than Original Big Banger, and a few stated that it had a similar feel to M2 only not quite as soft (meaning good spin and a dead feel without being super harsh).

blackfrido
06-03-2010, 06:00 AM

is it hard on your body (elbow/wrist)as BB original?

LPShanet
06-03-2010, 02:59 PM
is it hard on your body (elbow/wrist)as BB original?

I (and many other blind playtesters) found it a bit easier on the arm than BB original, but not as easy as M2 or Fluoro.