PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay Davenport as a commentator.

bluetrain4
05-26-2010, 06:07 PM
She's quietly become fairly regular commentator. I like her. Good insights, nice speaking voice. Not too jokey and doesn't talk endlessly. She's good in the studio segments too.

But, she's mostly on Tennis Channel. It would be nice if she could be on ESPN and/or the networks and provide something different than Pam, Mary Jo, and Carillo.

vbranis
05-26-2010, 07:42 PM
She's quietly become fairly regular commentator. I like her. Good insights, nice speaking voice. Not too jokey and doesn't talk endlessly. She's good in the studio segments too.

But, she's mostly on Tennis Channel. It would be nice if she could be on ESPN and/or the networks and provide something different than Pam, Mary Jo, and Carillo.

*shudders*

OKUSA
05-26-2010, 07:44 PM
badminton.

OddJack
05-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Yes I like her too. She stays very professional during commentating, stays on subject, not opinionated like Brad Gilbert is sometimes ( He says things like 100% chance of break for Nadal which he did, and then Nadal is sure to break again, which he didnt).

Good commentating voice and does not talk too much like the other one does.

ChanceEncounter
05-26-2010, 08:30 PM
ESPN is horrible. They're always about theatrics and never about insight (in every sport).

OKUSA
05-26-2010, 08:35 PM
cahill is good

Bhagi Katbamna
05-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Lindsay is good. And by that I mean she sticks to the topic, doesn't keep talking, and isn't annoying. Cahill is probably the best, followed by BG and Lord Drysdale.

boredone3456
05-26-2010, 09:35 PM
She commentated Indian Wells last yr I think it was and I really liked her, she gave good analysis of the players shots (way better than Shriver and crew), was focused on the matches, and didn't get drawn into idiotic sidebar conversations (which is an acheivement as she was with Carillo and Shriver). She knows tennis very well, applies the knowledge appropriately, keeps her points short and simple. I would love to have her on ESPN for both the men and the women and get rid of Carillo....but I don't see that happening.

Terre Battu
05-27-2010, 12:01 AM
I like her best when she stays at home to watch her babies.

backhander
05-27-2010, 12:09 AM
She's gotten a lot better at commentating, definitely had some type of broadcasting or speech lessons (or whatever training they get), cause i remember when she first started, wasn't nearly as polished.

Her and Justin Gimelstob have improved quite a bit I think.....Cahill is still my favorite though.

dannythomas
05-27-2010, 03:32 AM
I think the fact that she played at the highest level until recently and knows most of the players , their strengths and weaknesses means her opinions are based on substance. But she also has a nice commentary style and I agree some of the others do not.