PDA

View Full Version : Nguyen clinches NCAA Championship title for USC

sbsporty
05-27-2010, 06:41 AM
http://presidiosports.com/2010/05/sbhs-grad-nguyen-clinches-national-title-for-usc/

atatu
05-27-2010, 07:42 AM
Here's something to think about, what you accomplish as a junior doesn't matter that much when you start playing college tennis. Dan Nguyen did not have the pedigree of Sangdren (or of Chase Buchanan who he beat last year) but he is the NCAA team MVP.

10isRocs
05-27-2010, 08:46 AM
D-Win was a stand out junior...just not a USTA favorite like Sandgren so he flew under the radar..

LeeD
05-27-2010, 09:07 AM
Props and kudos to Dan, whom lots of "experts" decided he wasn't really good enough to play top singles for USC.
Maybe he'll confound the experts again next year.

myservenow
05-27-2010, 10:54 AM
As a Tennessee fan, I thought Nguyen was a tremendous player against our #4, Tennys Sandgren. Nguyen's strokes were wicked fast and blistering. Really good player. He deserved MVP.

atatu
05-27-2010, 11:52 AM
And let's face it, Sandgren did not deserve to win with that haircut...

myservenow
05-27-2010, 01:38 PM
Ha ha. Yes, if you're gonna have a hairstyle like Tennys Sandgren, you better win. That's not the haircut you wanna have during the NCAA tennis finals on ESPN and lose the deciding match!

andfor
05-27-2010, 08:23 PM
Hats off to USC and Nguyen. Well done and congratulations.

Sentinel
06-09-2010, 02:48 AM
USC coach Peter Smith was impressed with Nguyen’s intestinal fortitude.

lol, 10 standfords.

SoCal10s
06-09-2010, 05:57 AM
great kid with great attitude .. works hard on and off the court .. works hard for every point... congrats to him and USC..

Sentinel
06-09-2010, 07:17 AM
The links says he has won NCAA twice in a row.
I thought last year SomDev Varman had won it for the second time, Was that something else ?

bluetrain4
06-09-2010, 01:34 PM
The links says he has won NCAA twice in a row.
I thought last year SomDev Varman had won it for the second time, Was that something else ?

I think they mean he's won the team championship twice in a row, and possibly that he won the clinching point twice in a row.

Baselineg
06-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Nguyen is good, i watched his singles match on espnu he seemed to have the best game out of everyone out there that day in atlanta

ollinger
06-28-2010, 07:26 PM
USC? How long until they have to vacate this win because of violations?

hoodjem
06-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Ahhh, the Trojans. Ribbed!

10isRocs
06-29-2010, 04:10 PM
USC? How long until they have to vacate this win because of violations?

What did DWin do?

Esti
07-06-2010, 10:13 PM
I think he was kidding about the vacate. He's probably referring to how USC getting owned with their recruitment the year they won nationals from OU!

genius24
07-06-2010, 10:51 PM
how good is this kid? what kind of potential does he have at the next level? are we never gonna be hearing about this kid again or is he the real deal? sorry, haven't been following college tennis lately so im out of the loop.

Fedace
07-06-2010, 10:58 PM
how good is this kid? what kind of potential does he have at the next level? are we never gonna be hearing about this kid again or is he the real deal? sorry, haven't been following college tennis lately so im out of the loop.

He won't make top 300 in the ATP tour. No weapons with mediocre speed.

SoCal10s
07-07-2010, 05:04 AM
how good is this kid? what kind of potential does he have at the next level? are we never gonna be hearing about this kid again or is he the real deal? .

no he played #3 for USC .he's made to play college tennis.. short (5'7" or so)doesn't have a big serve.plays smart ,quick hands ,OK touch but I would say he's not pro level .. but you can never count ot the human spirit .. he's the kind of person you likes to show people who say he cannot make it that they are going to eat their words.. good luck to him...

Fedace
07-07-2010, 06:02 AM
no he played #3 for USC .he's made to play college tennis.. short (5'7" or so)doesn't have a big serve.plays smart ,quick hands ,OK touch but I would say he's not pro level .. but you can never count ot the human spirit .. he's the kind of person you likes to show people who say he cannot make it that they are going to eat their words.. good luck to him...

He could be a POOR man's Christopher Rochus. but he doesn't hit as hard as him so not sure if he will even get that level which isn't very high.....:???:

Jakes On A Plane
07-07-2010, 10:17 AM

I don't know if he can make it far on the pro tour, but he is only a junior at USC this coming year. He has a lot of room to develop, but he could beat Alex Clayton and Ryan Thacher. He is a top of the line college player. His speed and ball placement are awesome, so if he can develop a few weapons, he might have a bright future.

Fedace
07-07-2010, 10:19 AM
I don't know if he can make it far on the pro tour, but he is only a junior at USC this coming year. He has a lot of room to develop, but he could beat Alex Clayton and Ryan Thacher. He is a top of the line college player. His speed and ball placement are awesome, so if he can develop a few weapons, he might have a bright future.

ROTFL,,,,,,Thacher would beat him 6-4 6-4 and Alex would beat him 7-5 4-6 6-4.:)

Jakes On A Plane
07-07-2010, 10:56 AM
ROTFL,,,,,,Thacher would beat him 6-4 6-4 and Alex would beat him 7-5 4-6 6-4.:)

Dwin took Klahn to 3rd set. I guarantee he could handle Thacher and he could without a doubt beat Alex Clayton.

SoCal10s
07-07-2010, 01:09 PM

as you just said: junior in college .. so how is this adult going to have the time to develop weapons when he's never played anything except a defensive game to begin with .. I hope he can do it but I personally don't see it happening..

Jakes On A Plane
07-07-2010, 02:41 PM
as you just said: junior in college .. so how is this adult going to have the time to develop weapons when he's never played anything except a defensive game to begin with .. I hope he can do it but I personally don't see it happening..

The odds are definitely stacked against him. Look at Andy Murray. I personally can not stand him, but he plays real good defense and his court tactics are some of the best. Dwin has a lot of those same skills on a college level. If he can develop those skills even more and possibly strengthen his forehand, there might be room for him on the tour by the time he graduates. Being on the summer collegiate team should help him with experience too.

Fedace
07-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Dwin took Klahn to 3rd set. I guarantee he could handle Thacher and he could without a doubt beat Alex Clayton.

oh right,,,,oh i see..that is why KLAHN is the NCAA Champion.........:):):)

Jakes On A Plane
07-08-2010, 07:59 AM
Fedace must really hate when people call him an idiot on here. He had 2 of my posts deleted on here. You got some balls kid.

You are not the "be all end all" of college tennis even though you think you are. You are just a guys who beats it to the Stanford roster photos. Get a life and stop deleting people's post. If I had used foul language that would've been one thing, but I didnt't so **** off.

Fedace
07-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Fedace must really hate when people call him an idiot on here. He had 2 of my posts deleted on here. You got some balls kid.

You are not the "be all end all" of college tennis even though you think you are. You are just a guys who beats it to the Stanford roster photos. Get a life and stop deleting people's post. If I had used foul language that would've been one thing, but I didnt't so **** off.

Kid?? I am old enough to be your Father........... Call me FATHEREEEEEE:) also an idiot shouldn't call a Genius with IQ of 142 like myself an idiot. ok idiot. Just cause someone saids something you don't like doesn't mean you can attack them with no manners whatsoever....... so go and learn some manners and come back when you do......LOL

genius24
07-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Kid?? I am old enough to be your Father........... Call me FATHEREEEEEE:) also an idiot shouldn't call a Genius with IQ of 142 like myself an idiot. ok idiot. Just cause someone saids something you don't like doesn't mean you can attack them with no manners whatsoever....... so go and learn some manners and come back when you do......LOL

who's your daddy?

Jakes On A Plane
07-10-2010, 05:00 AM

You aren't even worth the trouble. Your a just a lil' frosty haired chode from Cali. Calling you an idiot is the perfect response for anything you say because, believe it or not, you are wrong on a lot of stuff you post and then have the balls to belittle everyone's comments. You aren't king of this board, so leave my posts alone.

paulnw
07-10-2010, 02:25 PM
who's your daddy?

LOL

10characters