PDA

View Full Version : Andy Murray !!

Emma1994
05-27-2010, 02:04 PM
after any murray is through to the third round of the french open a rolland garros after an epic match against chela he came through unscaved. but i do have one question do you think murray is back to his best and could be a future contender for world number one ?

Emma1994
05-27-2010, 02:11 PM
if murray does get to number one it will completely revolutionise british tennis :D

hawk eye
05-27-2010, 02:13 PM
after any murray is through to the third round of the french open a rolland garros after an epic match against chela he came through unscaved. but i do have one question do you think murray is back to his best and could be a future contender for world number one ?

Well he's gonna rack up masters titles and everything, he's gonna be a contender for the nr.1 position and maybe even reach it, and he's gonna play some more slam finals. He's just not gonna win them. That's because he's got slamless written all over him. Kinda like a curse, if you want. But when he breaks it and pushes himself to winning a slam, all credit to him.

Emma1994
05-27-2010, 02:14 PM
which slam do you think he is most likely to win?

Bryan Swartz
05-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Personally I think he's most likely to win the U.S. Open. Wimbledon actually is probably even better for his game, but I think it will be hard for him to break through there simply because he has more pressure from the whole British tradition thing.

Cyan
05-27-2010, 03:20 PM

USO......................

hawk eye
05-27-2010, 03:23 PM

He's most likely to win no slam.

But, if it might happen that he indeed breaks the curse it will certainly be not Wimbledon. Why.. because there is a tradition that Brittish players will just not win the trophy. This tradition was invented after Fred Perry won it in 1930something for the last time. Am ingenious move. It has become a very important part of what makes Wimbledon so special over the years . If it's broken, the magic of the tournament will be over and it will start to decline very quickly. Only a few insiders of the All England Club and the players, whom the brittish nation set their hopes on, know this..
Yes Wimbledon is all about tradion, as Bryan Swarz already pointed out.

French open, no way Andy's pusher game will bring him success here. Just too obvious to even consider.

So it's got to be AO of USO. He already made finals in both, so yeah when he would win one he's most likely to win one of those.

But then again, the curse of being slamless is strong and imho will haunt Andy till the end of his tennis carreer.

West Coast Ace
05-27-2010, 05:29 PM
which slam do you think he is most likely to win?Didn't know the Challenger tour had majors... learn something new every day...

...murray...after an epic match...WTF?

He's most likely to win no slam.Thank you.

djokovicgonzalez2010
05-27-2010, 05:30 PM
slicefox would explode

vortex1
05-27-2010, 05:31 PM
Muzza will be just like Wozzy. 100+ matches per year, always top 3. Until his body fails him at about 25 and he retires.

fundrazer
05-27-2010, 05:33 PM
An epic match against Chela? Is it opposite day or something? That match was a total snoozefest. Oh and I'll join the no slams for Murray club.

gold soundz
05-27-2010, 05:33 PM
There's no way he'll win Wimbledon, and not because he's British. At Wimbledon there are so many players who are good/especially good on that surface and they're better than him. Same goes for French Open. I think if he wins a slam at any point, it will be Aus Open or USO.

Feņa14
05-27-2010, 05:35 PM
There's no way he'll win Wimbledon, and not because he's British. At Wimbledon there are so many players who are good/especially good on that surface and they're better than him. Same goes for French Open. I think if he wins a slam at any point, it will be Aus Open or USO.

Federer and Nadal are better than him on grass, nobody else is imo.

vortex1
05-27-2010, 05:36 PM

Roddick is.

gold soundz
05-27-2010, 05:38 PM

Roddick, Hewitt, probably Djokovic and probably more. He won't beat any of these guys I don't think. But at say Aus Open or USO he definitely could.

Bryan Swartz
05-27-2010, 05:41 PM
Hewitt better than Murray on grass? I don't think so. As for Djokovic -- well, it depends which Djokovic shows up. Murray's SF against Roddick last year was very tight. I don't think he's that far away if he plays at that level. He has a chance to beat any of the top players.

Feņa14
05-27-2010, 05:41 PM
Roddick is.

Roddick, Hewitt, probably Djokovic and probably more. He won't beat any of these guys I don't think. But at say Aus Open or USO he definitely could.

Nah, i'd have Murray as favourite against all of them on grass this year.

kishnabe
05-27-2010, 06:32 PM
Murray is the 4th strongest Grass Courter...this year...but I don't think he should win Wimby till Roddick wins one. That would be a huge disgrace if he wins one before Roddick.

If anything I see him win one major at the Aussie!

West Coast Ace
05-27-2010, 06:33 PM
Roddick is.Yes. Unless Roddick's serve is completely off he'd handled Murray on grass.

Hewitt better than Murray on grass? Not anymore. Back in his prime, yes.

gold soundz
05-27-2010, 08:31 PM
I still think Hewitt would beat Murray at Wimbledon and is a better grass court player. Hewitt took Roddick to 5 sets and nearly won, Murray only took him to 4. Hewitt also beat Del Potro in straight sets.