PDA

View Full Version : Enlarging from size 3 to 7 !

Bent
05-15-2005, 12:30 PM
I have been playing with my Dunlop MW 95 size 3 with 2 replacement grips and 1 overgrip.

But the rounded handle and the mushy grip started to annoy me.

So I decided to do the build op trick with 8 pieces of 2 mm balsa wood. Glued on with contact glue. I even built up the butt cap.

Afterwords i finished with Plastic Padding, sanded it, put on 2 layers of varnish and 1 layer of gaffa tape. Then it was ready for a overgrip.

I am not sensitive with balance, but will maybe adjust with lead in the handle.

My conclusion : It is possible and it is time consuming but fun.

newnuse
05-15-2005, 12:56 PM
I have been playing with my Dunlop MW 95 size 3 with 2 replacement grips and 1 overgrip.

But the rounded handle and the mushy grip started to annoy me.

So I decided to do the build op trick with 8 pieces of 2 mm balsa wood. Glued on with contact glue. I even built up the butt cap.

Afterwords i finished with Plastic Padding, sanded it, put on 2 layers of varnish and 1 layer of gaffa tape. Then it was ready for a overgrip.

I am not sensitive with balance, but will maybe adjust with lead in the handle.

My conclusion : It is possible and it is time consuming but fun.

You must have a very large .......ummmmm....... pair of hands

Speedy_tennis
05-15-2005, 05:00 PM
you have a giant hands! you are tall?

anirut
05-15-2005, 09:43 PM
I wish I could use the same technique with MY racquet ... hehehe

Bent
05-16-2005, 09:31 AM
1,90 m and piano fingers

tom-selleck
05-16-2005, 09:41 AM
you mentioned the rounding, but i'm wondering if you are going to lose alot of feel with the racquet too.... i think you're better to try to pick up a racquet (maybe even a cheap used one) with a 4 3/4 and build up slight from there to see if you like it.

i have big hands (unfortunately, i don't see women staring at my hands) too where most of the conventional grip guides would say 5 inch grip, but i got really bad tennis elbow from too large a grip (i think, wrist doesn't do much with that big a grip). i've now going to 4 1/2 (babolat) and am very happy.