PDA

View Full Version : Nadal is lucky Soderling isn't in his draw!

Buckethead
05-28-2010, 09:19 AM
The way Sod is playing,He would thrash Nadal again :) .
If Fed passes Wawrinka,He will have to deal with Soderling,but this time it will be a different match,and as He knocked out Nadal last year,he can take out Federer on quarters and if He does,I really doubt he will lose this championship to Nadal.
Soderling is not a good match up to Nadal,and Soderling with confidence he can thrash Nadal one more time on his fav surface.
Nadal fans,please start throwing the rocks,actually the bricks in this case :):).

Mustard
05-28-2010, 09:24 AM
Nadal has beaten Soderling many times.

Outbeyond
05-28-2010, 09:25 AM
If Fed passes Wawrinka,He will have to deal with Soderling,but this time it will be a different match,and as He knocked out Nadal last year,he can take out Federer on quarters and if He does,I really doubt he will lose this championship to Nadal.
Soderling is not a good match up to Nadal,and Soderling with confidence he can thrash Nadal one more time on his fav surface.
Nadal fans,please start throwing the rocks,actually the bricks in this case :):).

I think in your case, I'll pitch over a few greasy chicken legs..

Chris Rizutto
05-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Somebody beat Nadal.

Buckethead
05-28-2010, 09:28 AM
I think in your case, I'll pitch over a few greasy chicken legs..
If it comes from hooters,send me more than just a few.LOL.
Good one man.

Leonidas
05-28-2010, 09:32 AM

Last year, Rome, normal conditions Nadal defeated Sod 6-1 6-0. No more coments

ViscaB
05-28-2010, 09:34 AM
Nadal is unlucky all the good Spanish claycourters and also Djokovic are on his side.

The positive note is that he can actually run this year.

Buckethead
05-28-2010, 09:38 AM
Last year, Rome, normal conditions Nadal defeated Sod 6-1 6-0. No more coments
The final score of that match wasn't fair at all.It was a close match,that Nadal broke him in all 5,6 chances luckily,but why don't you talk more about RG just after Madrid???Talk more about the WTF in London too,LOL.
Nadal is lucky,and don't come up with the old excuses for the results of those matches when Soderling stepped on Nadals throat just like putting out cig butt.

Dutch-Guy
05-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Flamebait thread.

ViscaB
05-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Federer is lucky Nadal regained his 2nd place ranking else he might have exited in the semi instead of losing in the final. You could also argue Federer is unlucky as it could have saved him a few tears.

Buckethead
05-28-2010, 09:51 AM
Federer is lucky Nadal regained his 2nd place ranking else he might have exited in the semi instead of losing in the final. You could also argue Federer is unlucky as it could have saved him a few tears.
Not about Fed, about Nadal and Soderling (:

P_Agony
05-28-2010, 09:53 AM
Nadal is unlucky all the good Spanish claycourters and also Djokovic are on his side.

I lol'd at this.

ViscaB
05-28-2010, 09:55 AM
I lol'd at this.

If they would be on the other side it would have been 3 Spanish players + Federer in the semi-final.

sillymonkey
05-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Flamebait thread.

right.

I guess one could state that any player not in Soderling's draw is lucky? If this post is merely about Nadal-bashing, you've succeeded.

Buckethead
05-28-2010, 10:00 AM
I lol'd at this.
hehehe,i have to laugh at this one too.

dmt
05-28-2010, 10:01 AM
Nadal will trash soderling this time. If soderling is going to take a 4th set tie break to beat an out of form Nadal, then he isnt beating an inform Nadal. No way. Soderling is lucky he doesnt have to face Nadal.

frisco
05-28-2010, 10:03 AM

And vice versa

dmt
05-28-2010, 10:04 AM
If soderling does play Nadal on clay again, soderling will lose in straight sets, Soderling isnt the god that *******s make him out to be, he isnt beating an inform Nadal on clay at roland garros. *******s can contiue to dream.

Messarger
05-28-2010, 10:05 AM
The final score of that match wasn't fair at all.It was a close match,that Nadal broke him in all 5,6 chances luckily,but why don't you talk more about RG just after Madrid???Talk more about the WTF in London too,LOL.
Nadal is lucky,and don't come up with the old excuses for the results of those matches when Soderling stepped on Nadals throat just like putting out cig butt.

Who cares about the WTF? We're talking about the French here.

Dutch-Guy
05-28-2010, 10:07 AM
right.

I guess one could state that any player not in Soderling's draw is lucky? If this post is merely about Nadal-bashing, you've succeeded.

Of course i'm right.We had the same discussion about Gulbis when he landed in Fed's side of the draw.We all know how his run ended.
Sods is playing great so far but he isn't the god that Fed fans make him out to be.

Cassius Clay
05-28-2010, 10:12 AM
Federer is lucky playing a clown who beat 12 times in a row.

Nadal is unlucky not meeting him and trashing him now he's healthy.

Soderling is lucky he will meet neither of both before 1/4 finals.

TheNatural
05-28-2010, 10:15 AM
Nadal would destroy him now unless he could cut his UE count in half

Buckethead
05-28-2010, 10:23 AM
Nadal will trash soderling this time. If soderling is going to take a 4th set tie break to beat an out of form Nadal, then he isnt beating an inform Nadal. No way. Soderling is lucky he doesnt have to face Nadal.
thrash and trash are 2 different words.
Of course i'm right.We had the same discussion about Gulbis when he landed in Fed's side of the draw.We all know how his run ended.
Sods is playing great so far but he isn't the god that Fed fans make him out to be.
Soderling can knock Fed out too
Federer is lucky playing a clown who beat 12 times in a row.

Nadal is unlucky not meeting him and trashing him now he's healthy.
Thrash and trash are 2 different words.

Soderling is lucky he will meet neither of both before 1/4 finals.

ksbh
05-28-2010, 10:26 AM
LOL, that is amusing to hear! Yes sure he can ... if he isn't too busy admiring & worshipping his hero on the court!

Cassius Clay
05-28-2010, 10:27 AM
thrash and trash are 2 different words.

Thanks for the clarification, Fed can do both. No one likes Soderling.

Maybe in an EXO. Otherwise, no way.

Buckethead
05-28-2010, 10:34 AM
LOL, that is amusing to hear! Yes sure he can ... if he isn't too busy admiring & worshipping his hero on the court!

Thanks for the clarification, Fed can do both. No one likes Soderling.

Maybe in an EXO. Otherwise, no way.

I find it's amazing how people think that other players don't become better and beat Federer,Nadal,Djokovic...
Soderling has enough to run over both,more Nadal because Nadals game is limited to CC forehands and out running players.
But Federer has a game that can adjust to many types of players and beat a variety of different players.

2slik
05-28-2010, 10:39 AM
I find it's amazing how people think that other players don't become better and beat Federer,Nadal,Djokovic...
Soderling has enough to run over both,more Nadal because Nadals game is limited to CC forehands and out running players.
But Federer has a game that can adjust to many types of players and beat a variety of different players.

Nadal's rackets have been strung tighter meaning he will be able to play more FH DTL shots

ViscaB
05-28-2010, 10:42 AM

Yeah he outran the greatest of all time in the greatest game of all time on a grass court:-?. Get real, your fanboyism is clouding your vision.

Hitman
05-28-2010, 10:53 AM
I actually think Nadal in a way was hoping that he played Soderling on clay this year, and something tells me that Rafa would be willing to die before falling in defeat to Robin again.

Mustard
05-28-2010, 11:01 AM
I actually think Nadal in a way was hoping that he played Soderling on clay this year, and something tells me that Rafa would be willing to die before falling in defeat to Robin again.

I feel the same. But unless both Nadal and Soderling get through to the French Open final, we won't be finding out this year.

davey25
05-28-2010, 11:03 AM
If soderling does play Nadal on clay again, soderling will lose in straight sets, Soderling isnt the god that *******s make him out to be, he isnt beating an inform Nadal on clay at roland garros. *******s can contiue to dream.

I agree. I doubt he even comes close to beating Federer in the quarters either. And despite the matchup factor if he cant come close to beating Federer (and I expect he wont) it isnt likely he was going to do anything vs a healthy Nadal here.

Hitman
05-28-2010, 11:11 AM
I feel the same. But unless both Nadal and Soderling get through to the French Open final, we won't be finding out this year.

Maybe Wimbledon?

We know there's no love lost there either.

Semi-Pro
05-28-2010, 11:13 AM

I may be jumping on the bandwagon here but it's totally worth it.

I lol'd at this.

Tennis_Bum
05-28-2010, 11:14 AM

I would love to see Nadal meet Soderling too but Nadal is really lucky this year. The way Nadal is playing, I think he will get to the final if there were no Soderling or Gulbis to meet him along the way. BTW, your avatar freak me out. I am hoping Djoko can give Nadal a match but I highly doubt it.

I wouldn't mind if it is Nadal v. Soderling in the final this year.

Mustard
05-28-2010, 11:14 AM
Maybe Wimbledon?

We know there's no love lost there either.

I do think they were both under a lot of stress during that match with all the constant rain delays. The match stretched over 5 days!

dmt
05-28-2010, 11:20 AM
I would love to see Nadal meet Soderling too but Nadal is really lucky this year. The way Nadal is playing, I think he will get to the final if there were no Soderling or Gulbis to meet him along the way. BTW, your avatar freak me out. I am hoping Djoko can give Nadal a match but I highly doubt it.

even if there were soderling and gulbis, Nadal would beat them to get to the final. Nadal isnt lucky, soderling is. and lol at gulbis beating Nadal at roland garros.

davey25
05-28-2010, 11:21 AM
The only guys who have any shot to beat a healthy Nadal at the French are Federer and a very in form Djokovic. And both guys have about a 10% shot or less of doing that.

ViscaB
05-28-2010, 11:23 AM
I may be jumping on the bandwagon here but it's totally worth it.

I lol'd at this.

The only player to have taken a set off Rafa is Spanish (Almagro)...

Mustard
05-28-2010, 11:24 AM
You never know, though. From 2006-2009, I never thought Nadal would lose 3 sets in a match on clay for years to come and I used to go around saying with complete confidence to all the Federer fans who desperately wanted Fed to win the French Open title "There's no way Rafa will lose 3 sets in a match on clay". But then Soderling did the impossible.

frisco
05-28-2010, 11:30 AM
You never know, though. From 2006-2009, I never thought Nadal would lose 3 sets in a match on clay for years to come and I used to go around saying with complete confidence to all the Federer fans who desperately wanted Fed to win the French Open title "There's no way Rafa will lose 3 sets in a match on clay". But then Soderling did the impossible.

It's impossible to do the impossible.

Hitman
05-28-2010, 11:31 AM

Never say never!

It's like I will never say that Rafa won't one day break Roger's record. I mean who knows for sure, right?

I still think Rafael is marching straight towards the title. A lot of Rafa's demons came alive here in RG, the place which was his and his alone gave rise to a year of torment. On and off the court, injuries, divorces etc.

Winning here is like a closure on the year gone by for him. A means to an end.

Mick
05-28-2010, 11:33 AM
--- deleted --- misread ---

Messarger
05-28-2010, 11:41 AM

Okay, Soderling i can understand, but even that's strectching it. But why Gulbis? The guy takes a set of a 85% or 90% Nadal and suddenly he stands a good chance of defeating him? Dont kid yourself. After watching (or hating) Nadal since he dominated the clay courts, you should realize that it takes more than a few random drop shots and big ground strokes to win him.

Andres
05-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Gulbis anyone?

BreakPoint
05-28-2010, 11:48 AM
But not since Soderling beat Nadal at RG last year. Soderling no longer has any fear of Nadal, especially at RG.

Mustard
05-28-2010, 11:52 AM
But not since Soderling beat Nadal at RG last year. Soderling no longer has any fear of Nadal, especially at RG.

Well, Nadal did beat Soderling 7-6, 7-5 in the 2010 Abu Dhabi final. I know it was an exhibition tournament and therefore doesn't count on the head-to-head, but it didn't look like they were holding anything back.

BreakPoint
05-28-2010, 11:53 AM
"Out of form Nadal"??? :confused:

Nadal won 3 consecutive clay court tournaments (two Masters) and got to the final of the 4th (another Master), and then went on to obliterate his first 3 opponents at RG before playing Soderling. If that's "out of form", I'd bet everyone on ATP Tour would love to be "out of form" ALL the time.

Mortifier
05-28-2010, 12:08 PM
Well, Nadal did beat Soderling 7-6, 7-5 in the 2010 Abu Dhabi final. I know it was an exhibition tournament and therefore doesn't count on the head-to-head, but it didn't look like they were holding anything back.

I always find it hilarious that some people refer to Soderlings win over Federer as "it was only an exo", whilst his loss against Nadal is not. I watched both mathes and yes, if you can count one as "real", you have to count the other aswell.

No exceptions.

dmt
05-28-2010, 12:09 PM

soderling never had any "fear" of nadal.

dmt
05-28-2010, 12:10 PM
"Out of form Nadal"??? :confused:

Nadal won 3 consecutive clay court tournaments (two Masters) and got to the final of the 4th (another Master), and then went on to obliterate his first 3 opponents at RG before playing Soderling. If that's "out of form", I'd bet everyone on ATP Tour would love to be "out of form" ALL the time.

yes out of form. Nadal was playing poorly at rg, we are not talking about what happened in monte carlo or in rome. Anyone who actually watched Nadals early matches knew that he wasn't playing well, he was playing much worse then Monte Carlo or rome or barcelona there.

BreakPoint
05-28-2010, 12:25 PM
soderling never had any "fear" of nadal.
And that's why Soderling will beat Nadal again. :)

Tennis_Bum
05-28-2010, 12:29 PM
even if there were soderling and gulbis, Nadal would beat them to get to the final. Nadal isnt lucky, soderling is. and lol at gulbis beating Nadal at roland garros.

No, I never said Gulbis can beat him at the final. I just said that I wouldn't mind Gulbis or Soderling meeting him along his way to the final. Anything can happens if the guy is off for one day and the other guy is playing lights out. We saw it last year during the 4th round.

You can say all you want about injuries, but when you enter a tournament, then you are deemed fit to play. No one is 100% all the time. You have to play through bad matches on your bad days.

dmt
05-28-2010, 12:30 PM
And that's why Soderling will beat Nadal again. :)

sometimes players just improve. Federer use to own del potro, but del potro has beaten him twice in a row because of his own improvements. Doesnt mean Del Po ever feared fed

Tennis_Bum
05-28-2010, 12:31 PM
No, I never said Gulbis can beat him at the final. I just said that I wouldn't mind Gulbis or Soderling meeting him along his way to the final. Anything can happens if the guy is off for one day and the other guy is playing lights out. We saw it last year during the 4th round.

You can say all you want about injuries, but when you enter a tournament, then you are deemed fit to play. No one is 100% all the time. You have to play through bad matches on your bad days.

Correction, No, I never said Gulbis can beat him at the FRENCH.

BreakPoint
05-28-2010, 12:31 PM
yes out of form. Nadal was playing poorly at rg, we are not talking about what happened in monte carlo or in rome. Anyone who actually watched Nadals early matches knew that he wasn't playing well, he was playing much worse then Monte Carlo or rome or barcelona there.
"Wasn't playing well"? He only beat ALL of his first 3 opponent EASILY in straight sets, including pummeling Hewitt 6-1, 6-3, 6-1 in the previous round. If that's "not playing well", I'd bet everyone on the ATP Tour would LOVE "not to play well" ALL the time.

Mustard
05-28-2010, 12:37 PM
"Wasn't playing well"? He only beat ALL of his first 3 opponent EASILY in straight sets, including pummeling Hewitt 6-1, 6-3, 6-1 in the previous round. If that's "not playing well", I'd bet everyone on the ATP Tour would LOVE "not to play well" ALL the time.

Did you watch Nadal's matches at the 2009 French Open? Against Daniel in the first round, he was poor and struggled to win all 3 sets. Against Gabashvili in the second round, he improved somewhat, but was still considerably below the standard he had played in Monte Carlo, Barcelona and Rome. Against Hewitt in the third round, he was back to his best for that match.

Hitman
05-28-2010, 12:39 PM
Did you watch Nadal's matches at the 2009 French Open? Against Daniel in the first round, he was poor and struggled to win all 3 sets. Against Gabashvili in the second round, he improved somewhat, but was still considerably below the standard he had played in Monte Carlo, Barcelona and Rome. Against Hewitt in the third round, he was briefly back to his best.

Yes. And didn't he also lose an exhibition match before the FO?

Mustard
05-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Yes. And didn't he also lose an exhibition match before the FO?

Yes. The then world number 109, Brian Dabul, defeated Nadal 7-5 in a 1-set exhibition match, 2 days before the 2009 French Open started.

Hitman
05-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Yes. The then world number 109, Brian Dabul, defeated Nadal 7-5 in a 1-set exhibition match, 2 days before the 2009 French Open started.

I thought so. I'm glad that Rafa has learned from his previous mistakes, by having better scheduling done. It must have been tough to not play Barcelona, but I think with a much more mature attitude to organizing his scheduling he can peak for the big events like Roger does.

Truthfully he doesn't need to win week in week out anymore. He's at the stage now where Slams are where he should be 100%

billnepill
05-28-2010, 01:07 PM

No, he played "terrible".

fundrazer
05-28-2010, 01:09 PM

The Latvian Legend did so as well.

BreakPoint
05-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Did you watch Nadal's matches at the 2009 French Open? Against Daniel in the first round, he was poor and struggled to win all 3 sets. Against Gabashvili in the second round, he improved somewhat, but was still considerably below the standard he had played in Monte Carlo, Barcelona and Rome. Against Hewitt in the third round, he was back to his best for that match.
Nadal ALWAYS plays worse in the first round and then gets better with each round. Nothing new.

Mustard
05-28-2010, 01:42 PM
Nadal ALWAYS plays worse in the first round and then gets better with each round. Nothing new.

The way Nadal played against Daniel was much worse than any previous first round matches Nadal has played at the French Open. Nadal even played better in his match against Mina in the first round this year.

BreakPoint
05-28-2010, 01:45 PM
No, he played "terrible".
Yes, and Nadal played "horrendous" in the '08 RG. That's why he ONLY won the entire tournament without losing a single set. If he had been "playing well and up to his standards", he wouldn't have lost even a single game. Thus, anytime Nadal loses even a single game in a match, it must be because he's "not playing well". :???:

swordtennis
05-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Agree. Nadal is very lucky he is not in his draw. Watched the Soderling/Montanes match and he is playing just as good as last year or better. Nadal side of the draw is the weaker. Its dissapointing Soderling is not in Nadals half. :(

JustBob
05-28-2010, 02:28 PM
Soderling can be a matchup issue for Nadal, not so for Federer.

TheTruth
05-28-2010, 03:02 PM
I agree. I doubt he even comes close to beating Federer in the quarters either. And despite the matchup factor if he cant come close to beating Federer (and I expect he wont) it isnt likely he was going to do anything vs a healthy Nadal here.

He won't play with the same end result in mind. When he plays Federer, it will be as a sacrificial lamb. If he plays Rafa, he'll try to kill him.

TheTruth
05-28-2010, 03:12 PM
I thought so. I'm glad that Rafa has learned from his previous mistakes, by having better scheduling done. It must have been tough to not play Barcelona, but I think with a much more mature attitude to organizing his scheduling he can peak for the big events like Roger does.

Truthfully he doesn't need to win week in week out anymore. He's at the stage now where Slams are where he should be 100%

Good post.

After all his time on the tour, he isn't an ingenue anymore. He has nothing left to prove. He seems to have finally gotten it right, better scheduling, and peaking at the right times. He should concentrate on the slams. Nobody under Fed and Rafa are consistent enough yet, that they can trouble them at this point. We never know where Djokovic, Murray, Del Potro, Tsonga, Soderling, and Cilic are at any moment in time. Can they cause an upset? Yes. Can they do it repeatedly? It has yet to be seen.

TheTruth
05-28-2010, 03:14 PM

True. Probably why his assessment of his first round performance was terrible. The Nadal and Fed we see in the first weeks of a tournament isn't the one we'll see at the end.

decades
05-28-2010, 03:26 PM
Soderling will never win a slam. Nadal will have double digits.

frisco
05-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Soderling will never win a slam. Nadal will have double digits.

Don't be too sure about that. Nadal is not in the calibre of a Sampras or a Federer.

swordtennis
05-28-2010, 03:57 PM
Who really cares about all this stuff. Soderling gots the style that makes good fights. Any Observer can see that Soderlings style can give Nadal fits. Good match ups rule. Sad they wont square off. Soderling does not bend over 4 federer. Styles makes fights.

pmerk34
05-28-2010, 04:21 PM
Yes, and Nadal played "horrendous" in the '08 RG. That's why he ONLY won the entire tournament without losing a single set. If he had been "playing well and up to his standards", he wouldn't have lost even a single game. Thus, anytime Nadal loses even a single game in a match, it must be because he's "not playing well". :???:

Nadal got blasted by Soderling last year at RG. Case closed. These excuses are pathetic.

Outbeyond
05-28-2010, 04:29 PM
Let's face it: Soderling's good. Very good. He's famous for beating Nadal once in a major matchup. But still, even AFTER that major matchup where Soderling was pronouced The Second Coming, he's NEVER won a slam and, in fact, since that famous day, I don't think he's even won as many tournaments as Nadal has won...

The habit of folks to concentrate their venom for Nadal in memory of this one major matchup between him and Sod one year ago says so much more to me about the power (influence, reputation, fearsomeness, even loathsomeness to some) of Nadal than it EVER says about Soderling. Soderling' s infamy, in other words, is still - to Sod's irritation, in fact - DEFINED (thus OWNED) by Nadal - and not the other way around.

Case closed.:twisted:

vortex1
05-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Nadal got blasted by Soderling last year at RG. Case closed. These excuses are pathetic.

You need to look up the word "blasted" in the dictionary. 4 sets with tie break in 4th isn't "blasted".

Anyway, this thread is pointless. Soderling is in Roger's draw and happens to be his pigeon so Nadal was robbed of his chance to show that overrated mug what a fluke run he had last year by roasting him in 3 easy sets.

pmerk34
05-28-2010, 04:38 PM
You need to look up the word "blasted" in the dictionary. 4 sets with tie break in 4th isn't "blasted".

Anyway, this thread is pointless. Soderling is in Roger's draw and happens to be his pigeon so Nadal was robbed of his chance to show that overrated mug what a fluke run he had last year by roasting him in 3 easy sets.

It wasn't a nail biter. Nadal scrapped like heck to get his one set. Soderling was in command the whole match. Nadal had no answers. He's lucky Robin isn't in his side of the draw this year.

JeMar
05-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Soderling has been pretty scary in this tournament so far, except for that blip against Montanes, who in his own right is a pretty good clay courter.

TheTruth
05-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Let's face it: Soderling's good. Very good. He's famous for beating Nadal once in a major matchup. But still, even AFTER that major matchup where Soderling was pronouced The Second Coming, he's NEVER won a slam and, in fact, since that famous day, I don't think he's even won as many tournaments as Nadal has won...

The habit of folks to concentrate their venom for Nadal in memory of this one major matchup between him and Sod one year ago says so much more to me about the power (influence, reputation, fearsomeness, even loathsomeness to some) of Nadal than it EVER says about Soderling. Soderling' s infamy, in other words, is still - to Sod's irritation, in fact - DEFINED (thus OWNED) by Nadal - and not the other way around.

^^^^

This one...

pmerk34
05-28-2010, 04:40 PM

Soderling wasn't pronounced the second coming of anything on this board except as a credible threat to be in the top 10.

I was watching youtube clips of that match to refresh my memory. Man did Robin overpower Nadal that day. Beautiful

TheTruth
05-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Oh gosh, this is as silly as still talking about the French Open 2008. It's the past guys. We're in the throes of another grand slam, one we've waited for since last year. Enjoy, support your player and stop the hating.

Halba
05-28-2010, 04:45 PM
soderling is not beating fed. he had some awful patches against montanes. ugly match

pmerk34
05-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Oh gosh, this is as silly as still talking about the French Open 2008. It's the past guys. We're in the throes of another grand slam, one we've waited for since last year. Enjoy, support your player and stop the hating.

I don't hate Nadal. I hate his supporters on this board constantly trying to explain away each and every loss he ever suffers. Soderling overpowered him just as Tsonga whooped him at the AO in '08. It happens.

TheTruth
05-28-2010, 04:51 PM
I don't hate Nadal. I hate his supporters on this board constantly trying to explain away each and every loss he ever suffers. Soderling overpowered him just as Tsonga whooped him at the AO in '08. It happens.

Fed's supporters are just as bad so it evens out.

Nadal outplayed Federer at FO 2008. That was so long ago. Tennis changes from tournament to tournament. Why insist on talking about Nadal's losses, if people don't want to talk about Fed's? It just seems silly.

I don't hate Fed, or Fed's supporters. That would be taking things too personal.

Mustard
05-28-2010, 04:53 PM

Who's denied this? :confused:

BreakPoint
05-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Exactly! The *********s need to accept the fact that Soderling spanked Nadal's butt fair and square last year and can do it again this year. Lucky for Nadal, Soderling probably won't get the chance this year.

davey25
05-28-2010, 05:56 PM

Yeah after playing the tournament of his life (considering clay is his worst surface) at last years French he then played like a p*ssycat in the biggest match of his life in the final. It was like he was more concerned with ruining Federer's perfect moment than making his own.

BreakPoint
05-28-2010, 05:57 PM

No one ever claimed that Soderling is going to win more Slams than Nadal. What we're saying is that Soderling has the ability to spank Nadal, yes, even on Nadal's favorite red clay and at his beloved Roland Garros. Soderling has proven that he can do it, and yes, he can do it again.

vortex1
05-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Exactly! The *********s need to accept the fact that Soderling spanked Nadal's butt fair and square last year and can do it again this year. Lucky for Nadal, Soderling probably won't get the chance this year.

I am ready to accept when Nadal was outplayed by Tsonga and Gonzo in 2008 and 2007.

I am not ready to accept Nadal being "outplayed" by Soderling and Delpo in 2009. Nadal was injured. It's really pathetic when haters try to pass off those losses and legitimate because Nadal was playing at 50% both times.

MichaelNadal
05-28-2010, 06:12 PM
I am ready to accept when Nadal was outplayed by Tsonga and Gonzo in 2008 and 2007.

I am not ready to accept Nadal being "outplayed" by Soderling and Delpo in 2009. Nadal was injured. It's really pathetic when haters try to pass off those losses and legitimate because Nadal was playing at 50% both times.

I dunno, I still think Delpo manhandled him at the USopen. Rafa was throwing everything he had, Delpo was just unbeatable that day. I'm not too worried about Soderling beating Rafa on clay again though.

ksbh
Spot on! A P*ussy is what he was in the final. In fact, before the final he did indicate he'd be more than happy to lose.

It's exactly why this loser will never win a slam in his life. Just like that other one that said he doesn't mind losing 8 finals to Federer. These guys just don't have the champion's mentality that's required to be a tennis great.

Yeah after playing the tournament of his life (considering clay is his worst surface) at last years French he then played like a p*ssycat in the biggest match of his life in the final. It was like he was more concerned with ruining Federer's perfect moment than making his own.

Sangria
No one ever claimed that Soderling is going to win more Slams than Nadal. What we're saying is that Soderling has the ability to spank Nadal, yes, even on Nadal's favorite red clay and at his beloved Roland Garros. Soderling has proven that he can do it, and yes, he can do it again.

Anyone has the ability to spank Nadal. TTW has Soderling rated as the 3rd best clay courter based on ONE match. I don't hate the guy, but is highly overrated in the TW universe.

BreakPoint
05-28-2010, 06:20 PM

Uh...no. It was Soderling and Del Potro that MADE Nadal look as if he was only playing at 50%. Just like Federer can make most of his opponents look like amateurs.

How do you explain Cilic and Davydenko spanking Nadal in China, and Nadal getting spanked by EVERYBODY in London?

MichaelNadal
05-28-2010, 06:23 PM
^ I gotta agree with you. On the same note though, Rafa wasn't playing his best tennis in 09, I don't think he would do that poorly in the WTF if it was right now.

vortex1
05-28-2010, 06:24 PM
Uh...no. It was Soderling and Del Potro that MADE Nadal look as if he was only playing at 50%. Just like Federer can make most of his opponents look like amateurs.

How do you explain Cilic and Davydenko spanking Nadal in China, and Nadal getting spanked by EVERYBODY in London?

Nadal had bad knees. None of his matches after RG 2009 to Monte Carlo 2010 should count because he was not at his best.

BreakPoint
05-28-2010, 06:25 PM
Anyone has the ability to spank Nadal. TTW has Soderling rated as the 3rd best clay courter based on ONE match. I don't hate the guy, but is highly overrated in the TW universe.
You forget that Soderling also spanked Ferrer, Davydenko, and Gonzalez en route to the final. Last I checked, those guys aren't too bad on clay, either. And neither is Montanes.

pmerk34
05-28-2010, 06:26 PM
You forget that Soderling also spanked Ferrer, Davydenko, and Gonzalez en route to the final. Last I checked, those guys aren't too bad on clay, either. And neither is Montanes.

The win over Gonzales was tremendous. Gonzo was just blasting Ace after Ace

BreakPoint
05-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Nadal had bad knees. None of his matches after RG 2009 to Monte Carlo 2010 should count because he was not at his best.
OK, then none of Federer's matches in '08 and in '09 until RG count either since he had mono and then had a back injury.

Sangria
05-28-2010, 06:34 PM

He's a good player no doubt, and can produce good performances. If you read the title of the thread, some people just go OTT on this guy. I mean he's beaten Nadal once on clay, and Nadal is lucky? lol :p

vortex1
05-28-2010, 06:37 PM
OK, then none of Federer's matches in '08 and in '09 until RG count either since he had mono and then had a back injury.

Federer only had those in 2008 AO. He was fine by RG and Wimbledon. He also won USO that year, so he couldn't be injured in 2009.

JoshDragon
05-28-2010, 06:50 PM

Oh, I see. That must explain why Soderling has a losing head-to-head against Nadal.

BreakPoint
05-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Federer only had those in 2008 AO. He was fine by RG and Wimbledon. He also won USO that year, so he couldn't be injured in 2009.
Um...yeah, he was. It takes many, many months to fully recover from mono. Just ask anyone who's ever had mono. It sometimes can take years. Have you seen much of Mario Ancic on tour lately? He got mono back in 2006 and never fully recovered.

And Federer didn't get his back injury until Oct. 2008, when he had to withdraw from the Paris Masters. The first time in his entire career he has ever been forced to withdraw in the middle of a tournament, so it was very serious. His back didn't fully recover until around the French Open in 2009. He's talked about that injury in many of his interviews last year.

MichaelNadal
05-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Um...yeah, he was. It takes many, many months to fully recover from mono. Just ask anyone who's ever had mono. It sometimes can take years. Have you seen much of Mario Ancic on tour lately? He got mono back in 2006 and never fully recovered.

And Federer didn't get his back injury until Oct. 2008, when he had to withdraw from the Paris Masters. The first time in his entire career he has ever been forced to withdraw in the middle of a tournament, so it was very serious. His back didn't fully recover until around the French Open in 2009. He's talked about that injury in many of his interviews last year.

I do agree with you but at the same time it goes both ways, If Federer says he is injured or he has mono and we believe him, Nadal is to be believed as well.

Buckethead
05-28-2010, 07:32 PM

Sometimes they never fully recover.
For those who talked about the H2H between Fed and Sod,it is good to remember that some matches were really close,just like Wimbledom last year that Fed won only 4,5 more points than Soderling.They held serve quite easily Fed broke him once on his first break chance,and won 2 tie breakers in 7x5 if I am not wrong.The results sometimes are much wider than how the match was actually played.
Fed had mono for 1 year got beaten,then He had his back problems.
Nowadays,the level of the players are a lot higher,so it's not a walk on the park like it used to be for him,that he would win without any efforts.Recenly he's been defeated earlier,because of lack of match play(He was sick after AO),and the players who beat him played better those days.Full credit to them,and nothing wrong in losing when people go with the intention to have a memorable win against the G.O.A.T.
But Soderling running deep in this tournament is like a freight train gaining speed,as fast as it goes(as further He goes) harder it is to stop him(harder it is for him to lose),and if it stops(If He loses) ,it is probably a crash(He gets owned).
Will see how Nadal does on grass this time.It is a way different this time that 2 years ago,there are several people that can take him out early as a 3rd round.

OddJack
05-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Sure he is lucky, two nobody players had 12 break points combined against him and could only take one. Sod being a bad match up could put away a "terrible" Nadal yet again.

JustBob
05-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Professional athletes compete with injuries all the time. Some injuries you know about, some you don't. The fact remains that if you step on the "field of play", then you are ready to play. A loss is a loss, and a win is a win.

All these excuses about player 'X' not being 100% are ridiculous. Some of you people seem to have way too much time on your hands...

decades
05-28-2010, 08:38 PM
Soderling has been pretty scary in this tournament so far, except for that blip against Montanes, who in his own right is a pretty good clay courter.

he's always scary until the "money" end of the tournament. then he becomes, well less than scary....

dmt
05-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Nadal isnt lucky, soderling is. If they meet at roland garros this year, nadal will thrash soderling. *******s have made soderling out to be some kind of god which he isnt. Soderling is not beating an inform Nadal on clay. "nadal got blasted", yeah right, beating nadal in a 4th set tiebreak who was playing poorly and soderling who was playing at his best. Nadal would dominate soderling in straight sets this time.

dmt
05-28-2010, 08:41 PM
It wasn't a nail biter. Nadal scrapped like heck to get his one set. Soderling was in command the whole match. Nadal had no answers. He's lucky Robin isn't in his side of the draw this year.

no soderling is lucky because nadal will thrash him this time on clay.

OddJack
05-28-2010, 08:42 PM
Nadal isnt lucky, soderling is. If they meet at roland garros this year, nadal will thrash soderling. *******s have made soderling out to be some kind of god which he isnt. Soderling is not beating an inform Nadal on clay. "nadal got blasted", yeah right, beating nadal in a 4th set tiebreak who was playing poorly and soderling who was playing at his best. Nadal would dominate soderling in straight sets this time.

The only God we know is Nadal.

Nobody beats Nadal if he is 100%.

dmt
05-28-2010, 08:47 PM

if it takes so many months to recover from mono, why didnt he take any time off? I mean ancic had to, how can you decide to play through mono?

Sentinel
05-28-2010, 08:50 PM
Nadal is lucky he is not facing Julian Reister. Reister would give his life to ensure that Lord Federer does not have to face Nadal.

Aside to ksbh, JR's devotion and faith is so intense, that he would be able to achieve what even his Lord Federer could not -- just like Hanuman and Lord Rama.

mandy01
05-28-2010, 08:51 PM
if it takes so many months to recover from mono, why didnt he take any time off? I mean ancic had to, how can you decide to play through mono?Just like Nadal decided to play through his injury up until the point when he got bumped out of Roland Garros.
Anyway,Roger had a minor form of mono(wasn't diagnosed in Australia) that mostly messed-up with his training.I don't think he had it during the clay season but I wouldn't be surprised if it affected his confidence.

Ray Mercer
05-28-2010, 09:00 PM
This Vortex guy is a real moron.

Tennis_Bum
05-28-2010, 09:43 PM

Best line I have read so far in a while. I also like your quote too.

ViscaB
05-28-2010, 09:52 PM
I don't get all the moaning about injuries. Anybody who is number one at any time deserves it. Injuries are part of the game.

BreakPoint
05-28-2010, 10:01 PM
Nobody beats Nadal if he is 100%.
Yes, and real estate prices can never go down.

BreakPoint
05-28-2010, 10:03 PM
if it takes so many months to recover from mono, why didnt he take any time off? I mean ancic had to, how can you decide to play through mono?
Federer had a heck of a lot more points to defend than Ancic did.

Federer was also trying to break Sampras' records for most Grand Slams and most weeks at #1, remember?

aceX
05-28-2010, 10:12 PM
The way Nadal is playing,He would thrash Sod again :) .

:wink::wink:

OddJack
05-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Yes, and real estate prices can never go down.

Yes, if the economy is 100%.

aceX
05-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Federer would never lose when playing 100%, Nadal would never lose when playing 100%. 100% is difficult to maintain for a set let alone a tournament

BreakPoint
05-28-2010, 11:30 PM
Yes, if the economy is 100%.
100% of what? The economy today (GDP) is 110% of what it was in 2006, yet real estate prices today are 20-50% less than they were in 2006.

gold soundz
05-28-2010, 11:40 PM
Federer would never lose when playing 100%, Nadal would never lose when playing 100%. 100% is difficult to maintain for a set let alone a tournament

Mmmmmaybe this is true about Federer, though I still see Nadal and Nalbandian and possibly others beating him. This is definitely not true about Nadal though. Del Potro would forehand swat him away on fast hard-court.

Buckethead
05-29-2010, 03:27 AM
I admit that Nadal has no chance against Soderling by the way the Sweed is playing.
I can't agree more.

Hitman
05-29-2010, 03:52 AM
I do agree with you but at the same time it goes both ways, If Federer says he is injured or he has mono and we believe him, Nadal is to be believed as well.

Agreed.

I think it's absurd that some fans go to extreme lengths to justify that a certain player (most likely one that they hate, or is a nemesis to their favorite player) is lying.

It goes both ways. I believe Roger when he said he had mono and a bad back. And I believe Rafa when he said he had injured knees. It doesn't mean that it's an excuse. Injuries and illnesses are part of the game, and it is up to the player and his team to make sure that the conditioning is always at a good level. If it's not, then that's just too bad. It is all part of package of playing competitive sports.

The other player wins because he maintained his conditioning and level of play, and deserved the victory. Prime example is Djokovic at AO 08 and Soderling FO 09.

pmerk34
05-29-2010, 04:39 AM
Sometimes they never fully recover.
For those who talked about the H2H between Fed and Sod,it is good to remember that some matches were really close,just like Wimbledom last year that Fed won only 4,5 more points than Soderling.They held serve quite easily Fed broke him once on his first break chance,and won 2 tie breakers in 7x5 if I am not wrong.The results sometimes are much wider than how the match was actually played.
Fed had mono for 1 year got beaten,then He had his back problems.
Nowadays,the level of the players are a lot higher,so it's not a walk on the park like it used to be for him,that he would win without any efforts.Recenly he's been defeated earlier,because of lack of match play(He was sick after AO),and the players who beat him played better those days.Full credit to them,and nothing wrong in losing when people go with the intention to have a memorable win against the G.O.A.T.
But Soderling running deep in this tournament is like a freight train gaining speed,as fast as it goes(as further He goes) harder it is to stop him(harder it is for him to lose),and if it stops(If He loses) ,it is probably a crash(He gets owned).
Will see how Nadal does on grass this time.It is a way different this time that 2 years ago,there are several people that can take him out early as a 3rd round.

Rubbish. Federer is not the player he once was. It's not the "other players level getting higher" that has to do with his results.

Buckethead
05-29-2010, 04:53 AM
Rubbish. Federer is not the player he once was. It's not the "other players level getting higher" that has to do with his results.

Rubbish.
So nobody gets better,they stay the same throughout their careers,nobody can become more consistent.
No more discussing with You.

Sartorius
05-29-2010, 05:03 AM

Rubbish.
So nobody gets better,they stay the same throughout their careers,nobody can become more consistent.

- Federer is not the player he once was.

- Other players play at a higher level.

These statements can co-exist.

Mustard
05-29-2010, 05:58 AM
I can't agree more.

Unless they both get to the final, it's an irrelevant opinion.

Buckethead
05-30-2010, 08:45 AM
Once again,Nadal got lucky that Soderling is on Fed's side and watching his match today it was clear why He likes that match up against Rafa.Low balls Cilic hit Soderling lost the points, as soon as the balls bounced high He took advantage of them.And that's why Fed's match up for Soderling isn't that great for him,because of the variety Fed has.I hope Nadal is on the same side as Soderling in Wimbledom, that will be a match.

frisco
05-30-2010, 08:46 AM
Once again,Nadal got lucky that Soderling is on Fed's side and watching his match today it was clear why He likes that match up against Rafa.Low balls Cilic hit Soderling lost the points, as soon as the balls bounced high He took advantage of them.And that's why Fed's match up for Soderling isn't that great for him,because of the variety Fed has.I hope Nadal is on the same side as Soderling in Wimbledom, that will be a match.

I dunno, I kinda want to see another Fed Nadal final at W. If Nadal faces Soderling at W he'd probably lose.

OKUSA
05-30-2010, 08:49 AM
Soderling made Cilic look like a qualifier, Cilic only won points when Soderling missed a 100mph groundstroke by 2 cm or an amazing serve

pmerk34
05-30-2010, 09:36 AM
Rubbish.

In Federer's case the reason he loses more now is because he's not as good. If in 2010 we still had the 2005 version of Federer he'd go 92-5 against this crop of players just as he did then.

Buckethead
05-30-2010, 09:45 AM
In Federer's case the reason he loses more now is because he's not as good and the level is a lot higher.
I agree.Now,don't annoy me anymore with your non sense stuff..

PSNELKE
05-30-2010, 09:48 AM
There´s no chance in hell Soderling would beat Nadal again!!!

Buckethead
05-30-2010, 09:53 AM

Not in Hell,it would be on earth :)

Mustard
05-30-2010, 09:54 AM
Federer is the one who needs to be concerned with Soderling. It's a big match for Federer with the all-time weeks at number 1 record at stake.

Buckethead
05-30-2010, 10:02 AM
Federer is the one who needs to be concerned with Soderling. It's a big match for Federer with the all-time weeks at number 1 record at stake.
Soderling has become a GS player now,and He is on a roll.Fed should be careful.

pmerk34
05-30-2010, 10:03 AM
I agree.Now,don't annoy me anymore with your non sense stuff..

LOL. Yeah the players are soooo much better now than 2004-2006

BreakPoint
05-30-2010, 11:08 AM
Of course not in hell. Soderling is from Sweden so hell would be way too hot for him to play. But on red clay, grass, or hardcourts here on cool planet Earth, Soderling would spank Nadal all over the court until Nadal cried - "Uncle!" (Uncle Toni, this is. :wink: )

PSNELKE
05-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Of course not in hell. Soderling is from Sweden so hell would be way too hot for him to play. But on red clay, grass, or hardcourts here on cool planet Earth, Soderling would spank Nadal all over the court until Nadal cried - "Uncle!" (Uncle Toni, this is. :wink: )

Seriously I doubt guys.
I don´t think Nadal is gonna let someone do this to him again..
Maybe he´s able to beat Nadal at the USO on fast HC but not on grass or clay.

Buckethead
05-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Seriously I doubt guys.
I don´t think Nadal is gonna let someone do this to him again..
Maybe he´s able to beat Nadal at the USO on fast HC but not on grass or clay.
You don't know anything about tennis do you???
It seems that Nadal decides his results against top 10.Soderling has what it takes to run over Nadal on any surface just like He did last year to him ,2,3 times.
The problem is that Soderling is always on Fed's draw.Nadal wins by outlasting players,making passing shots, defending and making players hit an extra ball.He doesn't which means that other players are the ones that take it to him and that's where Soderling hurts him a lot on clay,because surface is slow,Soderling doesn't move well ,so gets time to set up properly for his shots as Nadal doesn't beat anybody by pace and Soderling by his own way to hi the ball hard and flat which takes the time away from Nadal whom likes time more than everybody else.Davudenko does the same thing to Nadal,take it early all the time.

frisco
05-30-2010, 01:11 PM
After watching Soderling dispose of Cilic so easily, the same Cilic who destroyed Nadal the last time they played, well I think it's clear. Nadal is extremely lucky not to have Soderling in his half. Very very lucky. Nadal would likely lose.

swordtennis
05-30-2010, 01:12 PM
It is just a shame tennis fans prob will not get 2 c the rematch of the 2 styles that would produce the most competition 4 Nadal @ the FO. Might produce a gr8 match.

BreakPoint
05-30-2010, 05:49 PM
After watching Soderling dispose of Cilic so easily, the same Cilic who destroyed Nadal the last time they played, well I think it's clear. Nadal is extremely lucky not to have Soderling in his half. Very very lucky. Nadal would likely lose.

No, he's not. He's very, very, VERY lucky not to have Soderling in his half. :wink:

ViscaB
05-30-2010, 06:10 PM

Have you been hiding on a rock recently. Nadal won all 3 Masters tourneys on clay where all the big guns were participating. He only has to fear himself. Nadal can't win the tournament, it's his to lose. The chance of a Nadal win is as big as not having any French players in the quarter finals.

Buckethead
05-30-2010, 06:21 PM
Have you been hiding on a rock recently. Nadal won all 3 Masters tourneys on clay where all the big guns were participating. He only has to fear himself. Nadal can't win the tournament, it's his to lose. The chance of a Nadal win is as big as not having any French players in the quarter finals.
Palm face Anyone??

frisco
05-30-2010, 06:23 PM

How could I hide ON a rock, wouldn't everyone see me?

ViscaB
05-30-2010, 06:30 PM
How could I hide ON a rock, wouldn't everyone see me?

What if the rock was a remote island:???:;). Make it that you have been hiding in a cave. where you should best stay until after Wimbledon:twisted:.

PSNELKE
05-31-2010, 01:48 AM
You don't know anything about tennis do you???
It seems that Nadal decides his results against top 10.Soderling has what it takes to run over Nadal on any surface just like He did last year to him ,2,3 times.
The problem is that Soderling is always on Fed's draw.Nadal wins by outlasting players,making passing shots, defending and making players hit an extra ball.He doesn't which means that other players are the ones that take it to him and that's where Soderling hurts him a lot on clay,because surface is slow,Soderling doesn't move well ,so gets time to set up properly for his shots as Nadal doesn't beat anybody by pace and Soderling by his own way to hi the ball hard and flat which takes the time away from Nadal whom likes time more than everybody else.Davudenko does the same thing to Nadal,take it early all the time.

I think a clever-dick..
Who the heck tells you that Soderling will play a match like last years FO again?
You guys are so obsessed by the idea Nadal will loose for a 100%.
Guys that´s Nadal a 6 time GS winner and the guy who clearly leads the h2h against the GOAT ..and he has a 3-2 h2h against Soderling.
I know big hitters like Soderling, del Potro, Cilic etc.. who hit the ball very hard and flat are some serious opponnents for Nadal but all this doesn´t mean that he´s going to loose.

Buckethead
06-01-2010, 10:01 AM
I think a clever-dick..
Who the heck tells you that Soderling will play a match like last years FO again?
You guys are so obsessed by the idea Nadal will loose for a 100%.
Guys that´s Nadal a 6 time GS winner and the guy who clearly leads the h2h against the GOAT ..and he has a 3-2 h2h against Soderling.
I know big hitters like Soderling, del Potro, Cilic etc.. who hit the ball very hard and flat are some serious opponnents for Nadal but all this doesn´t mean that he´s going to loose.
You see how much you don't know about tennis???
Soderling will eat Nadal if goes to the final,just wait to see it.
Soderling plays big and if Fed with all the variety couldn't deal with isn't going to be Nadal that already can't beat Soderling who will beat him.I say it again:
Nadal is lucky that He never sees Soderling on his part of the draw.

danb
06-01-2010, 10:12 AM

Soderling had to play out of his world to beat Federer. To win RG he needs to win 7 matches in a row. IF he gets to play Rafa he'll lose; next time he plays Fed he'll lose. It would be unlikely that at 26 years he can turn tables against 2 of the greatest players ever. Don't confuse Soderling's "Wonders" with the everyday Soderling.

BreakPoint
06-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Soderling had to play out of his world to beat Federer. To win RG he needs to win 7 matches in a row. IF he gets to play Rafa he'll lose; next time he plays Fed he'll lose. It would be unlikely that at 26 years he can turn tables against 2 of the greatest players ever. Don't confuse Soderling's "Wonders" with the everyday Soderling.
The way that Soderling played today, Nadal wouldn't even win a set, and I'm not exaggerating. If you saw today's match, I'm sure you'd agree.

Chadwixx
06-01-2010, 10:19 AM
Nadal isnt lucky at all because the draw was fixed.

cucio
06-01-2010, 10:21 AM
Soderling plays big and if Fed with all the variety couldn't deal with isn't going to be Nadal that already can't beat Soderling who will beat him.I say it again:

^^ and the First Spoiler Post in the General Forum Award goes to...

Bud
06-01-2010, 10:23 AM
The way that Soderling played today, Nadal wouldn't even win a set, and I'm not exaggerating. If you saw today's match, I'm sure you'd agree.

So, Federer can take a set from the Sodster but Nadal can't? :roll:

danb
06-01-2010, 10:24 AM

I saw the match up to 1-1 and 5-5 then I left for work.
Fed's tennis is going down; he is 28 and after winning a gazillion grand slams it seems he lost his drive and edge. Rafa is still young and very motivated - he doesn't have the achievements Fed has - in fewer words he is younger and hungrier.
Also - how could you know "Nadal wouldn't even win a set".
Guys - wake up! King Federer is getting old; yes this **** happens even to the greatest. Soderling wouldn't win a set of 2005-2009 Fed at a grand slam.
I can't wait Rafa to put Soderling in his place. Rafa's got 4 RG at age 23 - FOUR RG in a row! How many does Soderling have at age 26?
Earth to the Moon - Helooo!

Cassius Clay
06-01-2010, 10:29 AM

http://s3-llnw-screenshots.wegame.com/10-8815587378083501/8815587378083501_l.jpg

Cassius Clay
06-01-2010, 10:32 AM

http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/halolz-dot-com-punchout-kinghippololserious.jpg

Chadwixx
I can't wait Rafa to put Soderling in his place. Rafa's got 5 RG at age 23 - FIVE RG in a row!

Nadal only has 4

All-rounder
Match ups people match ups.........

dmt
06-01-2010, 10:33 AM
nadal never has soderling in his draw? what crap. Nadal had soderling in his draw at rome and madrid and where was robin?

Buckethead
06-01-2010, 10:34 AM

you are so right!That's why Soderling can win 7 matches and not 50.The way he played today was incredible.He hit not only one backand down the line or forehand down the line,or inside out,he did it the whole match,non stop with low balls,no when Nadal's balls just sit up to him where He actually prefers the match will be called as: Welcome to the Slaughter House(Soderling's house).
He will thump Nadal.Just wait and see.that's all I am going to say.

danb
06-01-2010, 10:35 AM
Nadal only has 4

Well - I gave him one more :)
I will correct my post - thanks

frisco
06-01-2010, 10:37 AM
What if the rock was a remote island:???:;). Make it that you have been hiding in a cave. where you should best stay until after Wimbledon:twisted:.

Really stupid response. You must be a grade A idiot.

Chadwixx
06-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Well - I gave him one more :)

Are you the frenchman who made the draw this year? :) He gave him one more too.

Its one thing to have the two previous finialist playing in the quarters but the 1vs5 pairing is just too obvious.

frisco
06-01-2010, 10:38 AM

Nadal might take one. But if Sod does play like this against Nadal, he would win.

BreakPoint
06-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Yes, Federer won the first set because he was serving unbelievable. Nadal can't serve nearly as well as Federer can.

Anything off the ground that bounced high, Soderling crushed for a winner. The last I checked, almost all of Nadal's shots bounce up high. Heck, I'd be surprised if Nadal got more than 2 games a set the way Soderling played today. He played even better than when Del Potro annihilated Nadal 6-2, 6-2, 6-2 at the USO last year.

BreakPoint
06-01-2010, 10:42 AM
I saw the match up to 1-1 and 5-5 then I left for work.
Fed's tennis is going down; he is 28 and after winning a gazillion grand slams it seems he lost his drive and edge. Rafa is still young and very motivated - he doesn't have the achievements Fed has - in fewer words he is younger and hungrier.
Also - how could you know "Nadal wouldn't even win a set".
Guys - wake up! King Federer is getting old; yes this **** happens even to the greatest. Soderling wouldn't win a set of 2005-2009 Fed at a grand slam.
I can't wait Rafa to put Soderling in his place. Rafa's got 4 RG at age 23 - FOUR RG in a row! How many does Soderling have at age 26?
Earth to the Moon - Helooo!
Federer actually played very well in this match. This match had nothing to do with Federer. It was out of his hands. What can you do when Soderling just blasts serves and winners left and right without missing all day long? There was nothing that Federer could have done but watch as the balls fly by him at mach speed.

Cassius Clay
06-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Yes, Federer won the first set because he was serving unbelievable. Nadal can't serve nearly as well as Federer can.

Anything off the ground that bounced high, Soderling crushed for a winner. The last I checked, almost all of Nadal's shots bounce up high. Heck, I'd be surprised if Nadal got more than 2 games a set the way Soderling played today. He played even better than when Del Potro annihilated Nadal 6-2, 6-2, 6-2 at the USO last year.

http://www.fnmeng.info/Pictures/%5BH%5Dard%20Pictures/But%20then%20I%20lol%27d/yo-dawg-at-first-i-was-like.jpg

TMF
06-01-2010, 10:44 AM
So far Nadal has not been challenge yet due to his easy draw. His first challenge will be Novak(if he take care of his section) in the semifinal, and then the final. Without being tested, there’s not much you can expect how rafa will deal with a much better player.

Buckethead
06-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Federer actually played very well in this match. This match had nothing to do with Federer. It was out of his hands. What can you do when Soderling just blasts serves and winners left and right without missing all day long? There was nothing that Federer could have done but watch as the balls fly by him at mach speed.
Let them bluff.Nadal fans are so arrogant,they never accept the fact there are many players now that can beat Nadal,and Soderling will again in RG,with no excuses,just like He beat Fed.Against guys like Soderling,Del Po,there is nothing you can do,just go to the court andd play a guy that hits a lot harder than you,you will experience the same thing the players do against Soderling and Del potro.
Whenever it happens this weekend we'll all be here.

Cassius Clay
06-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Let them bluff.Nadal fans are so arrogant,they never accept the fact there are many players now that can beat Nadal,and Soderling will again in RG,with no excuses,just like He beat Fed.Against guys like Soderling,Del Po,there is nothing you can do,just go to the court andd play a guy that hits a lot harder than you,you will experience the same thing the players do against Soderling and Del potro.
Whenever it happens this weekend we'll all be here.

Of course he can beat Rafa if he doesn't care to take huge chances like today, but that doesn't change the fact that last's year win against Nadal was mainly because of Nadal's injury + high risk play by Sod. Period.

TMF
06-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Of course he can beat Rafa if he doesn't care to take huge chances like today, but that doesn't change the fact that last's year win against Nadal was mainly because of Nadal's injury + high risk play by Sod. Period.

You don’t have to explain to us about “injury” . Rafa’s win, loss and injury comes hand in hand. Yes, we know....if rafa loses again, that’s b/c he’s injured. That’s an automatic, period!!

BreakPoint
06-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Do you still feel the same way?

Maybe after today, we should upgrade Soderling to the 1st best clay courter? :shock:

BreakPoint
06-01-2010, 11:00 AM
http://www.fnmeng.info/Pictures/%5BH%5Dard%20Pictures/But%20then%20I%20lol%27d/yo-dawg-at-first-i-was-like.jpg
You obviously didn't see today's match. :???:

Cesc Fabregas
06-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, imo Berdych will cream Soderling, he hits the ball even harder than Soderling.

All-rounder
06-01-2010, 11:03 AM
You don’t have to explain to us about “injury” . Rafa’s win, loss and injury comes hand in hand. Yes, we know....if rafa loses again, that’s b/c he’s injured. That’s an automatic, period!!
Come on man lay off that excuse will you already. You have to admit that the form Soderling is in now he looks like he can do some serious damage. Like it or not Soderling won the match last year fair and square. Even if Nadal is healthy this year Soderling still poses a huge threat due to nadal's bad match up against him.

BreakPoint
06-01-2010, 11:05 AM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, imo Berdych will cream Soderling, he hits the ball even harder than Soderling.
I'm surprised your epic fail "Robin Soderling" thread wasn't enough to keep you hiding away from this board in utter embarrassment today. :)

Klaus
06-01-2010, 11:05 AM
I admires Nadal's playing very much (good luck Rafa!), although I am a Federer fan.

Please, let the FO finish, so I don't have to see or hear the Nadal "Bag Check" again. I think I have now heard it at least 100 times. And good lord, can he stop biting on things--that has gotten very old quick. I mean for chrissakes, doesn't he have a mouth guard in his bag?

Tennis Channel, you suck.

TMF
06-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Come on man lay off that excuse will you already. You have to admit that the form Soderling is in now he looks like he can do some serious damage. Like it or not Soderling won the match last year fair and square. Even if Nadal is healthy this year Soderling still poses a huge threat due to nadal's bad match up against him.

My sarcastic remark was to the poster that claimed Rafa was injured to disqualified Robin’s win. But now you know.

kimizz
06-01-2010, 11:13 AM
I am a Rafa fan but I do agree that its a bad match up. If they meet in the final there is three important factors that will eventually decide the outcome.

1) Can Soderling hold hes nerves. He played a great match against Rafa last year in the fourth round but clearly lost hes game in the Final
2)How will Rafa serve? If he can force Soderling to weak returns it shouldnt be hard to dominate the points from there on.
3)Can Rafa find hes form that he had in the summer 2008. Even with all the masters titles this year I still think hes not playing as well as he did back then.

If Rafa plays like last year he will propably lose but if he plays like in 2008 he is the big favorite.

forzamilan90
06-01-2010, 11:19 AM
after today....i have to absolutely agree with the op, damn this is just like del potro last year at the us open, will take out both of them

cork_screw
06-01-2010, 11:25 AM
"Nadal is lucky Soderling isn't in his draw!"

now he is...

bizarre_opinion
06-01-2010, 11:27 AM
I am a Rafa fan but I do agree that its a bad match up. If they meet in the final there is three important factors that will eventually decide the outcome.

1) Can Soderling hold hes nerves. He played a great match against Rafa last year in the fourth round but clearly lost hes game in the Final
2)How will Rafa serve? If he can force Soderling to weak returns it shouldnt be hard to dominate the points from there on.
3)Can Rafa find hes form that he had in the summer 2008. Even with all the masters titles this year I still think hes not playing as well as he did back then.

If Rafa plays like last year he will propably lose but if he plays like in 2008 he is the big favorite.

Imo, rafa would have had a much easier time with fed in the final. Sod has slapped the buttpicker before and i'm sure he will be very confident if he meets rafa in the final. I hope nadal and sod meet in the final and buttpicker gets demolished. Also, what excuse will rafa come out with this time?

namelessone
06-01-2010, 11:30 AM
This thread is massive fail cause if soderling and nadal meet in finals,where is Rafa's luck then? The only scenario where luck would have come in is if Soderling would have been taken out while playing out of his mind. Soderling is playing out of his mind and will probably straight set berdych to book his place in the final.

In fact right now he looks more of a lock to make the final than Rafa since he is playing better.

Mick
06-01-2010, 11:32 AM
it would be funny if both nadal and soderling get upset :)

Mustard
06-01-2010, 11:35 AM
it would be funny if both nadal and soderling get upset :)

It would be major anti-climax.

kimizz
06-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Imo, rafa would have had a much easier time with fed in the final. Sod has slapped the buttpicker before and i'm sure he will be very confident if he meets rafa in the final. I hope nadal and sod meet in the final and buttpicker gets demolished. Also, what excuse will rafa come out with this time?

Yes I agree that Federer would have been the easier choice. Not an attack against Federer, its just the way it goes on clay.

As I said earlier I am Rafa fan. Still I can admit last years loss wasnt because of knee problems. At least not completely. But I dont think it was an excuse either. Theres just no way he would have skipped Wimbledon(hes fav tournament) just to make hes fake injury more believable.

Nadals chances are in good serving and domination from there on. He needs to move Soderling around and put him in uncomfortable situations where he cannot produce those huge groundstrokes that seem to be too much for anyone. Even Federer.

But this is all speculation, who knows if Rafa is out tomorrow :D

SiriusTennis
06-01-2010, 11:53 AM
¸As I said earlier I am Rafa fan. Still I can admit last years loss wasnt because of knee problems. At least not completely. But I dont think it was an excuse either. Theres just no way he would have skipped Wimbledon(hes fav tournament) just to make hes fake injury more believable.

This is exactly what I thought too. The loss wasn't because of the knees, but the injury WAS real.

All-rounder
06-01-2010, 11:56 AM
It would be major anti-climax.
Yes an almagro vs Berdych final would be epic :)

AM95
06-01-2010, 11:59 AM
robin deserves to win it ..

last year he takes out rafa ..this year fed. he deserves to get his first slam.

Tennis_Bum
06-01-2010, 01:00 PM

I can't think of one, but I am sure other ***** can. Man Sod played lights out today. I was hoping Fed could pull a comeback, but Sod was on fire. It would be an interesting final if Sod were to meet Nadal and crush him. And yes, I will be reading those excuses here if Sod manages to win.

BreakPoint
06-02-2010, 08:45 AM
If I said Nadal should be buying lottery tickets all week, do you get the picture? :)

Starfury
06-02-2010, 10:13 AM
That Nadal draw is looking harder and harder :p

Buckethead
06-02-2010, 10:17 AM
That Nadal draw is looking harder and harder :p
LOL, I agree.
That draw was Nadal's Christmas present.

TMF
06-02-2010, 10:25 AM
And guess who rafa is playing in the semifinal? That’s right, it’s Melzer, not Djokovic.

We can conclude that Rafa has a cakewalk draw to the final!

I was always right...RG is a lot easier to win than on a hard court slam.

Dutch-Guy
06-02-2010, 10:35 AM
And guess who rafa is playing in the semifinal? That’s right, it’s Melzer, not Djokovic.

We can conclude that Rafa has a cakewalk draw to the final!

I was always right...RG is a lot easier to win than on a hard court slam.
Slow TMF. It's not Rafa's fault that Djokovic choked a 2 sets lead against a 29 y.o. journeyman.

BreakPoint
06-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Nadal was nervous today in his match against Almagro (even Uncle Toni confirmed this during the match) and played pretty poorly by his standards probably because he was up all night worrying about the possibility of having to face Soderling again in the final. His mind was probably also on this during his match today as he seemed visibly distracted and not as focused as he usually is. He was banking on Federer taking out Soderling so that he wouldn't have to face him but that went out the window yesterday. Now Nadal is really scared and worried after seeing the level Soderling has been playing at this whole tournament and how he totally dismantled Federer. :shock:

mandy01
06-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Nadal was nervous today in his match against Almagro (even Uncle Toni confirmed this during the match) and played pretty poorly by his standards probably because he was up all night worrying about the possibility of having to face Soderling again in the final. His mind was probably also on this during his match today as he seemed visibly distracted and not as focused as he usually is. He was banking on Federer taking out Soderling so that he wouldn't have to face him but that went out the window yesterday. Now Nadal is really scared and worried after seeing the level Soderling has been playing at this whole tournament and how he totally dismantled Federer. :shock:Cool story bro, but it applies ony IF(and that's a REALLY big IF) Sod reaches the final and actually wins it.

jackson vile
06-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Agreed, and Roger is lucky Sod was not in his draw last year or he would have lost as well.

ViscaB
06-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Melzer>>>Soderling.

TMF
06-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Agreed, and Roger is lucky Sod was not in his draw last year or he would have lost as well.

Roger had a scary moment against Haas and DP when they took him to the distance. Which players applied any pressure on Nadal this year so far? None!

Rafa has a dream draw, and he knows it too.

Lover
06-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Nadal was nervous today in his match against Almagro (even Uncle Toni confirmed this during the match) and played pretty poorly by his standards probably because he was up all night worrying about the possibility of having to face Soderling again in the final. His mind was probably also on this during his match today as he seemed visibly distracted and not as focused as he usually is. He was banking on Federer taking out Soderling so that he wouldn't have to face him but that went out the window yesterday. Now Nadal is really scared and worried after seeing the level Soderling has been playing at this whole tournament and how he totally dismantled Federer. :shock:

Here in Brazil we use an expression: 'gozar com o pau dos outros' that, literaly translating goes to: 'cum with other people's ****'.

Cut the moaning, troll.

jackson vile
06-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Roger had a scary moment against Haas and DP when they took him to the distance. Which players applied any pressure on Nadal this year so far? None!

Rafa has a dream draw, and he knows it too.

More excuses, "Roger always has an easy draw..." Sound familiar? Then stop using the same lame excuses as them, got it!

zagor
06-02-2010, 11:01 AM

Fed actually did beat Soderling last year and overall his draw was much tougher IMO,especially the SF in which he played an on fire Delpo.

Fed was lucky Nadal lost last year but that happened once in 5 years and he patiently waited his opportunity and seized it when he got it.

Buckethead
06-02-2010, 11:02 AM
I agree, He somewhat looked worried that He will have to go through the Slaughter House if He wants to win it,and He knows He may not come out alive.

jackson vile
06-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Fed actually did beat Soderling last year and overall his draw was much tougher IMO,especially the SF in which he played an on fire Delpo.

Fed was lucky Nadal lost last year but that happened once in 5 years and he patiently waited his opportunity and seized it when he got it.

He beat him in the final, not the quarters or sooner like Nadal did. As you can see by this years results, when you meet a player earlier they are a lot fresher and have a lot less to lose.

mike84
it would be great if soderling and nadal to meet in the final and if they both play at their top level it would be an epic final.

the bigger question is soderling a true slam contender last year he looked scared.

TheTruth
So much unhappiness in this thread. Sad.

TMF
06-02-2010, 11:05 AM
More excuses, "Roger always has an easy draw..." Sound familiar? Then stop using the same lame excuses as them, got it!

You don’t need to be honest with me, but be honest to yourself.

WHO HAS A MUCH TOUGHER DRAW?
a) Rafa
b) Roger
c) Even

Whatever you choose, I’ll the forum members to be the judge!!!

zagor
06-02-2010, 11:07 AM
He beat him in the final, not the quarters or sooner like Nadal did. As you can see by this years results, when you meet a player earlier they are a lot fresher and have a lot less to lose.

Have to admit that's a good point,a player with an agressive playing style as Soderling is more likely to cause upset in 4th round/QF then play a great final cause if the nerves affect him even a little bit all those FH/BH bombs might start going out by an inch or two.

BreakPoint
06-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Huh? Soderling WAS in Federer's draw last year AND Federer DID beat him! :???:

BreakPoint
06-02-2010, 12:25 PM
Here in Brazil we use an expression: 'gozar com o pau dos outros' that, literaly translating goes to: 'cum with other people's ****'.

Cut the moaning, troll.
Um...you must have missed the courtside interview during the match today in which Uncle Toni told Brad Gilbert that Rafa was really nervous today. :roll:

hectornorton
06-02-2010, 12:28 PM
wait until Sunday..

I hope I dont have to eat my words but I dont see Rafa losing twice in RG against Soderling...

namelessone
06-02-2010, 12:35 PM

Some hilarious stuff from BP.

Can you tell us what Nadal is thinking right now? Did Uncle Tony say that Rafa was nervous cause Sod won? Or did you figure that all out all by yourself?

BTW,why didn't Rafa tank in the tiebreaks today against almagro if he is scared of facing soderling? I mean Almagro did play a very good game,Rafa could have just ditched the tiebreaks and lose serve once in the final set and be done with it.

I really really hope you are just trolling. It's one thing to say Sod would be very tough for Rafa in the final(which is very true) and another to say that Rafa was nervous today because Fed lost yesterday to Sod. 1000 facepalms to you.

His uncle will probably be with one eye on the other SF and he will signal rafa when to start tanking if sod gets a big advantage over birdman.

Just watch Rafa tank in the Melzer match :)

Gorecki
06-02-2010, 12:39 PM
So much unhappiness in this thread. Sad.

it's the swiss mafia.. we have all been druged by them! :rolleyes:

BreakPoint
06-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Some hilarious stuff from BP.

Can you tell us what Nadal is thinking right now? Did Uncle Tony say that Rafa was nervous cause Sod won? Or did you figure that all out all by yourself?

BTW,why didn't Rafa tank in the tiebreaks today against almagro if he is scared of facing soderling? I mean Almagro did play a very good game,Rafa could have just ditched the tiebreaks and lose serve once in the final set and be done with it.

I really really hope you are just trolling. It's one thing to say Sod would be very tough for Rafa in the final(which is very true) and another to say that Rafa was nervous today because Fed lost yesterday to Sod. 1000 facepalms to you.

His uncle will probably be with one eye on the other SF and he will signal rafa when to start tanking if sod gets a big advantage over birdman.

Just watch Rafa tank in the Melzer match :)
I didn't say that. PMac and Cahill said on TV during the Nadal/Almagro match that Nadal must be worried after seeing what happened to Federer yesterday.

Oh, and when was the last time Nadal ever tanked a match? Are you calling Nadal a gutless feeble-minded loser with no fight in him? Shame on you!

swordtennis
06-02-2010, 12:41 PM
its the way the draws work. Sod in his QF form might have blown him out but whos 2 say Sods form goes out the window by the time Sunday rolls around if they both make it 2 Sunday? Hope Sod just stays loose and focused so he keeps playing great.

namelessone
06-02-2010, 12:48 PM
I didn't say that. PMac and Cahill said on TV during the Nadal/Almagro match that Nadal must be worried after seeing what happened to Federer yesterday.

Oh, and when was the last time Nadal ever tanked a match? Are you calling Nadal a gutless feeble-minded loser with no fight in him? Shame on you!

If Nadal was worried about what happened to Fed why did he not tank his match? Why do you avoid answering his question? Maybe because you are just trolling around a bit.
Basically you are saying that Rafa knows he will get badly beat in the final but still fights his way the final LOL.

Oh,and did you ever think that PMac and Cahill just wanted to stir things up a bit? Pro's are not scared of eachother. They know certain guys have better chances against them but one has to go out on court and try,just like Nadal will,if he gets there on Sunday.

TennisandMusic
06-02-2010, 12:59 PM
you know what's funny about this? As "bad" as Soderling beat Federer yesterday (it was actually pretty close overall), What did Nadal do to Federer in 2008? People have short memories. If Nadal brings that level of game, he should win the whole thing. But I actually don't see that happening. It will be a tough final I imagine.

Blade0324
06-02-2010, 12:59 PM
I agree Rafa seemed distracted today. I also agree that this is due to Soderling. However the distraction is due to him looking ahead to playing Soderling and what he is going to do to b i t c h slap him to make up for last year. Nobody beats Nadal at the french twice. ;)

DTLshot
06-02-2010, 01:12 PM
The way I read from BreakPoint's posts here is...he is so unhappy and has to find something to blame on...

And here is the easy target, Nadal's draw...

That simple.

:)

Tennis_Bum
06-02-2010, 01:20 PM

I can't say I blame him for looking worried. Sod played lights out. Nadal should be worried. It's not a done deal, but Sod should try to get through Berdych then he'll have a really good shot at winning the FO. He should get rid of the first-time nerve in the final since he went through it last year.

BreakPoint
06-02-2010, 01:49 PM
If Nadal was worried about what happened to Fed why did he not tank his match? Why do you avoid answering his question? Maybe because you are just trolling around a bit.
Basically you are saying that Rafa knows he will get badly beat in the final but still fights his way the final LOL.

Oh,and did you ever think that PMac and Cahill just wanted to stir things up a bit? Pro's are not scared of eachother. They know certain guys have better chances against them but one has to go out on court and try,just like Nadal will,if he gets there on Sunday.
And you never answered my question. When have you ever seen Nadal tank a match? And why would he tank a match? Just because you're worried about a match doesn't mean you're going to tank it or the previous one. Do you see players tanking matches just so they don't have to play Federer in the next round even though they are very worried about having to play Federer? If that were the case, no one would bother showing up at Wimbledon because they all figure to win Wimbledon they would probably have to eventually beat Federer on grass. What nonsense!

Being worried about playing someone doesn't mean you're going to avoid playing them. Most people are worried before a job interview or an exam but that doesn't mean they are going to avoid them. But if you don't think that Nadal is worried about having to play a red hot Soderling again at RG, then you are very mistaken.

BreakPoint
06-02-2010, 01:53 PM
The way I read from BreakPoint's posts here is...he is so unhappy and has to find something to blame on...

And here is the easy target, Nadal's draw...

That simple.

:)
Um...did I start this thread? :confused: I couldn't care less what Nadal's draw is, certainly not enough to start a thread about it. Some people here seem to be obsessed with draws.

For me, you have to win 7 matches to win a Slam and it doesn't matter who you have to beat.

Buckethead
06-02-2010, 03:21 PM

Nadal said himself in an interview to Brad Gilbert that He was very not only nervous,but very nervous because of the way Almagro plays being really aggressive and He was warned about the time by the C.U before the match to play faster and He had a time violation on the first set,which He he needed to be careful with the time.
You are not understanding,my friend,He is worried and somewhat affraid of meeting Sod in the final,if Soderling goes through,but that doesn't men He has to tank a match,nobody will not win a match affraid of the next opponent.Anybody who plays tennis just go out and play weather they win or not.
Nadals knows deep inside him that Soderling isn't a good match up to him,speacially playing as well as Sod is,and if conditions are heavy,you will see Soderling thrash Nadal apart,if Sod reaches the final,which I think He will if his knee is fine.

Buckethead
06-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Tha's why I said nadal was lucky Soderling wasn't on his draw.Nobody stopped him.
Had Nadal played him on his earlier rounds He would lose to him again.

JoshDragon
06-04-2010, 01:19 PM
No matter. Nadal will win the French Open over Soderling.

Mun
06-06-2010, 08:38 AM
yeah Nadal was very lucky Sod wasn't in his draw LOL! oh wait he was...and Nadal smashed Soderling in straight sets! these haters will never learn

dmt
06-06-2010, 08:40 AM
haha, great bump. Nadal is the luckiest 7 time grand slam champion alive. He is always "lucky"

PSNELKE
06-06-2010, 09:20 AM

Yeah this lucky ***** smacked Soderlings *** in straights. :)

jackson vile
06-06-2010, 09:21 AM
The best player won today

DEAL WITH IT!

TheNatural
06-06-2010, 10:09 AM

You must feel stupid for thinking Sod could challenge an uninjured Nadal on clay.

http://www.nadalnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/NADAL_585x350_648446a.jpg

dmt
06-06-2010, 10:15 AM
this thread should be stickied

Bud
06-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Nadal now 4-2 vs Soderling :)

drive
06-06-2010, 10:20 AM
I can't believe this troll hasn't been banned yet.

Pink_Shirt
06-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Buckethead's an idiot.

MichaelNadal
06-06-2010, 11:41 AM

Loving it :)

Mustard
06-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Loving it :)

Me too :)

Incidentally, where is Buckethead? Talk about setting yourself up for a fall.

angiebaby
06-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Nadals knows deep inside him that Soderling isn't a good match up to him,speacially playing as well as Sod is,and if conditions are heavy,you will see Soderling thrash Nadal apart,if Sod reaches the final,which I think He will if his knee is fine.

Tha's why I said nadal was lucky Soderling wasn't on his draw.Nobody stopped him.
Had Nadal played him on his earlier rounds He would lose to him again.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Mun
06-06-2010, 11:53 AM

yeah and Nadal owns Sod 3-1 in majors!!! 2-1 in FO and 1-0 in Wimbledon:twisted:

BreakPoint
06-06-2010, 12:19 PM
The best player won today

DEAL WITH IT!

Yes, he did.

Because Soderling was as far away from being his best as a 2.5 beginner is from Federer. So obviously Nadal was the best player of the two today, and therefore, he won. :)

pmerk34
06-06-2010, 03:16 PM
You must feel stupid for thinking Sod could challenge an uninjured Nadal on clay.

http://www.nadalnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/NADAL_585x350_648446a.jpg

Last year Soderling wrecked Nadal who looked fine. This year Nadal got revenge. Stop the excuses.

hoodjem
06-06-2010, 07:16 PM
I guess Soderling finally made it into Rafa's draw. And he lost.