PDA

View Full Version : Some thought regarding women's tennis ,,,

BlewByU
05-28-2010, 05:56 PM
As i watch women's tennis at FO2010, following sequence of images kept flashing thru me.
I really couldn't help.
Were these snapshots off my subconscious mind pertaining to women's tennis in general?
I don't know ,,,

---------------------------------------------

I see Kleybanova play against Rezai.
Then i see Kleybanova play against Serena (Williams of course).
Then i see Rezai play against Serena.

Kleybanova teams up with Rezai.
They play doubles against Serena and Venus.

Then, suddenly, Justine Henin comes in.
Henin plays against Kleybanova.
Henin plays against Rezai.
Henin plays against Serena.

Kleybanova starts her career fully knowing she will never be the player that Henin was.
Rezai peaks into her career fully knowing she will never be the player that Henin was.
Serena gets nearer to retirement fully knowing she was never the player that Henin was.

# # # # # # #

Scientist
05-28-2010, 05:59 PM
lol wutttt

himynameisNIKE
05-28-2010, 06:06 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/2dm70on.jpg

Dreamer
05-28-2010, 06:10 PM
As i watch women's tennis at FO2010, following sequence of images kept flashing thru me.
I really couldn't help.
Were these snapshots off my subconscious mind pertaining to women's tennis in general?
I don't know ,,,

---------------------------------------------

I see Kleybanova play against Rezai.
Then i see Kleybanova play against Serena (Williams of course).
Then i see Rezai play against Serena.

Kleybanova teams up with Rezai.
They play doubles against Serena and Venus.

Then, suddenly, Justine Henin comes in.
Henin plays against Kleybanova.
Henin plays against Rezai.
Henin plays against Serena.

Kleybanova starts her career fully knowing she will never be the player that Henin was.
Rezai peaks into her career fully knowing she will never be the player that Henin was.
Serena gets nearer to retirement fully knowing she was never the player that Henin was.

# # # # # # #

Lol you have to be joking? Serena beat Henin in Aussie. Henin benefited from the Williams not being around for most of 2005-2007. Henin deserved to win against her in the QF of the French IN CLAY, but in Wimbledon Serena was injured and couldn't move. This injury was also present in the US Open.

Actually Henin's retirement was timely because it was around the time both Williamses started playing more tournaments. In fact in Aussie Serena was injured, wasn't moving well and STILL beat Henin.

Maybe you should think more instead of letting your subconscious create strange fantasies!

davey25
05-28-2010, 06:41 PM
Lol you have to be joking? Serena beat Henin in Aussie. Henin benefited from the Williams not being around for most of 2005-2007. Henin deserved to win against her in the QF of the French IN CLAY, but in Wimbledon Serena was injured and couldn't move. This injury was also present in the US Open.

Actually Henin's retirement was timely because it was around the time both Williamses started playing more tournaments. In fact in Aussie Serena was injured, wasn't moving well and STILL beat Henin.

Maybe you should think more instead of letting your subconscious create strange fantasies!

I am a Serena fan and it I dont even like Henin but give me a break on alot of the BS you wrote here. Henin was far and away the best women player in 2007 and deserved all her success. The Williams were both very strong that year, had it not been for Henin they almost certainly would have swept the slams between them so dont come up with nonsense they werent strong or really around either. Serena did probably lose to Henin at Wimbledon because of an obviously major injury yes, but Henin didnt end up making the final there anyway, and nobody was beating Venus that year there at Wimbledon either, so who cares. At the U.S Open Serena did not have some major injury, she flat out got outplayed by Henin that day, as did Venus next round. Henin legitimately won 2 of the 3 slams she played that year, nearly every tournament she entered that year, and she was a combined 5-1 vs Serena, Venus, and Maria that year. Serena in her autobiography even admits Henin had her and the tours number that year.

As for 2005-2006 if the Williams werent around those years whose fault was that. Just like in 2008-2009 when people try to demean Serena's success because Henin wasnt there I say the same thing, whose fault was that. Henin and the Williams have all been in and out at various parts of the decade for varying reasons, and in the end what each achieved is what each achieved. Anyway Henin's only slams in 05 and 06 were the French Open where at her peak nobody is beating her anyway so any point about the Williams sisters not being there becomes even more moot.

davey25
05-28-2010, 06:46 PM

And this is even dumber. Henin is not in the same stratosphere of overall achievements as Serena on anything except clay. And while her clay achievements are far superior to Serena's, Serena still is a champion who has won big even on clay, which Henin is not on grass.

OddJack
05-28-2010, 06:52 PM
I dont follow WTA that much, but Henin is a pleasure to watch and Serena is an annoyance, I dont care about who has won what in this case. Just like I enjoy watching Nalby even tho he won no big titles.

jigar
05-28-2010, 07:29 PM
^^^ I second that.

LameTennisPlayer
05-28-2010, 07:41 PM
^^^
add me to that bunch!

Tennis_Monk
05-28-2010, 07:57 PM
In my book any tennis is good as long as it doesnt involve Serena.

while i appreciate her competitive spirit, It comes with a steep price by her way of too much serena stuff[eg: shove it down the throat]

djokovicgonzalez2010
05-28-2010, 08:01 PM
What?

10 chars

LDVTennis
05-28-2010, 09:13 PM
I dont follow WTA that much, but Henin is a pleasure to watch and Serena is an annoyance, I dont care about who has won what in this case. Just like I enjoy watching Nalby even tho he won no big titles.

Sums it up perfectly for me as well. +1

Dreamer
05-29-2010, 06:57 AM
I am a Serena fan and it I dont even like Henin but give me a break on alot of the BS you wrote here. Henin was far and away the best women player in 2007 and deserved all her success. The Williams were both very strong that year, had it not been for Henin they almost certainly would have swept the slams between them so dont come up with nonsense they werent strong or really around either. Serena did probably lose to Henin at Wimbledon because of an obviously major injury yes, but Henin didnt end up making the final there anyway, and nobody was beating Venus that year there at Wimbledon either, so who cares. At the U.S Open Serena did not have some major injury, she flat out got outplayed by Henin that day, as did Venus next round. Henin legitimately won 2 of the 3 slams she played that year, nearly every tournament she entered that year, and she was a combined 5-1 vs Serena, Venus, and Maria that year. Serena in her autobiography even admits Henin had her and the tours number that year.

As for 2005-2006 if the Williams werent around those years whose fault was that. Just like in 2008-2009 when people try to demean Serena's success because Henin wasnt there I say the same thing, whose fault was that. Henin and the Williams have all been in and out at various parts of the decade for varying reasons, and in the end what each achieved is what each achieved. Anyway Henin's only slams in 05 and 06 were the French Open where at her peak nobody is beating her anyway so any point about the Williams sisters not being there becomes even more moot.

I did not mean to take away from Henin's success from 2007 and I remember in the US Open the commentators speculating on Serena injury and perhaps it was all speculation, though Serena has always been very quiet about injuries.
Henin did played great that year and deserved her wins, but I was commenting on the OP saying Serena will never be the player Henin was? after having the most slams in activity, my comments were more in defense of Serena than taking from Henin. I was simply pointing out the instance of 2007 where someone would actually believe such a thing. Henin's strongest year, but in 3-1 in 4 meetings, but one was the French and in wimbledon Serena was very injured. It's just a dose of perspective

BlewByU
05-30-2010, 06:00 AM
i still say "Serena gets nearer to retirement fully knowing she was never the player that Henin was."

i also say "Venus gets nearer to retirement fully knowing she was never the player that Henin was."

Go Henin - my belgian goddess of tennis !

# # # # #

West Coast Ace
05-30-2010, 10:09 AM
...though Serena has always been very quiet about injuries. Great use of comedy. You are joking, aren't you?

PSNELKE
05-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Bro I hate Serena but Henin will never reach as much as Serena did.