PDA

View Full Version : Federer on clay or Nadal on hardcourts

joeri888
05-29-2010, 12:40 AM
Who's achieved more?

Olympics vs. 3 runnerup trophies at a Slam.

TheFifthSet
05-29-2010, 12:57 AM
Federer for sure.

Radobg
05-29-2010, 01:34 AM
I think is almost even!Both of them have 9titles!1slam!5masters!The difference is that Rafa have olimpic gold and Fed have 3 finals at RG+a few more finals at masters!Anyway I think Fed have small advantage for now but Rafa is younger!We will see what the future will tell!

here are some statistics:

Fed on clay:Titles-(9) Finalist-(11)
Grand Slams-1(3)
Masters-5(7)
Other tourn.-3(1)
Rafa on hard:Titles-(9) Finalist-(8)
Grand Slams-1(0)
Masters-5(4)
Olimpic Gold-1
Other tourn.-2(4)

joeri888
05-29-2010, 01:58 AM
I think is almost even!Both of them have 9titles!1slam!5masters!The difference is that Rafa have olimpic gold and Fed have 3 finals at RG+a few more finals at masters!Anyway I think Fed have small advantage for now but Rafa is younger!We will see what the future will tell!

here are some statistics:

Fed on clay:Titles-(9) Finalist-(11)
Grand Slams-1(3)
Masters-5(7)
Other tourn.-3(1)
Rafa on hard:Titles-(9) Finalist-(8)
Grand Slams-1(0)
Masters-5(4)
Olimpic Gold-1
Other tourn.-2(4)

I asked who achieved more, so being younger has little to do with that. On the other hand. If you want to know who's better, than Nadal is younger is an argument, but the fact there are twice as many HC tourneys is too. So Rafa needs to win 2 Slams, 10 MS titles on the surface.

Juges8932
05-29-2010, 06:39 AM
I'd say Fed by a slim margin. Like you said, twice as many HC than clay.

Rhino
05-29-2010, 06:59 AM
I would say Federer for sure. He has really only had consistent problems with one guy over the years on clay, but Nadal has consistently had problems with a lot of guys on hardcourt.

Federer is 150/45 on clay = 77%
Nadal is 203/66 on hard = 75%

Ocean Drive
05-29-2010, 07:50 AM
Who's achieved more?

Olympics vs. 3 runnerup trophies at a Slam.

Olympics + Australian Open > runner up at a slam.

Wait, I don't see why you've started this thread when the way you've presented the question is flawed, what about Masters Series?

raiden031
05-29-2010, 07:54 AM
At RG, Federer is in a level of his own above everyone else (Except Nadal). It just so happens that Nadal is in a level of his own right above Federer.

At the USO, Fed has traditionally been at a level above everyone else, and Nadal is below him at the same level as the other top guys.

I'd say Fed on clay is better than Nadal on hard courts.

OKUSA
05-29-2010, 07:57 AM
Federer on Clay, Nadal can't even get to the finals at the USO and only one Final apperance in 5 tries at AO. Federer has 4 Final Apperances out of 11 tries. If Nadal has any chance at a USO it's this year

PSNELKE
05-29-2010, 08:26 AM
Federer on Clay, Nadal can't even get to the finals at the USO and only one Final apperance in 5 tries at AO. Federer has 4 Final Apperances out of 11 tries. If Nadal has any chance at a USO it's this year

Nadal is 23 years old this guys has time..
Nadal has reached nearly more on hard thn Fed on clay and es a few years younger.

omniexist
05-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Why does the OP ask a question he (or she) and everyone obviously knows the answer to?

Off course Federer accomplished more on clay comparitively.

Doh. :I

tudwell
05-29-2010, 09:40 AM
Nadal is 23 years old this guys has time..
Nadal has reached nearly more on hard thn Fed on clay and es a few years younger.

He is a lot younger, but hardcourts are also a lot more common. Nadal has played in 35 hardcourt Masters events, compared to 29 clay Masters for Federer. Nadal has played in 13 hardcourt slams, while Federer has played in 11 claycourt slams.

TheFifthSet
05-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Olympics + Australian Open> runner up at a slam.

Wait, I don't see why you've started this thread when the way you've presented the question is flawed, what about Masters Series?

I think his intention was to neutralize things, as they've both won as slam on those respective surfaces.

So yeah, Olympics or 3 slam runner ups?

frisco
05-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Has Nadal even played the USO? Never seen him in a final yet.

Hitman
05-29-2010, 10:02 AM
At the moment. Roger on clay is better than Rafa on hard.

There are two hard court slams and Rafa has only made one final so far.

There is only one clay slam, and Roger has made four straight finals.

So at the moment, Roger is better on clay than Rafa on hard.

Dutch-Guy
05-29-2010, 10:18 AM
Roger is better on clay(4 FO finals) than Rafa on hard court(1 AO finals,0 USO finals).

MichaelNadal
05-29-2010, 10:47 AM
Really is a useless thread, Federer easily.

dmt
05-29-2010, 10:55 AM
on one hand, people are claming that federer is better on clay then Nadal is on hard. Fair enough, But these same people claim that the hard court field is deeper then the clay court field (which is true). So didnt Nadal have to go through a tougher field on harcourts then Federer had to go through on clay courts?

frisco
05-29-2010, 10:57 AM
on one hand, people are claming that federer is better on clay then Nadal is on hard. Fair enough, But these same people claim that the hard court field is deeper then the clay court field (which is true). So didnt Nadal have to go through a tougher field on harcourts then Federer had to go through on clay courts?

Yes, but so did Federer!

West Coast Ace
05-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Federer for sure.Yes. Fed is the 2nd best clay courter for 5 straight yrs.

It's almost even...

here are some statistics:See above - you can't say that about Rafa on hard. Fed lost RG to the eventual champ 4 times. Rafa at the USO... not so much...

Rippy
05-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Olympics + Australian Open > runner up at a slam.

Yes but Fed has a French Open...

I think the OP didn't include the AO or French since they just "cancel each other out" so to speak.