PDA

View Full Version : Ladies can I get your opinion on this dress

Eph
05-29-2010, 06:29 AM
null, thanks all.

cghipp
05-29-2010, 07:00 AM
With no idea if your GF's style, coloring or figure type, it's hard to say. Also, it's hard to tell how the dress hangs, or what the length is. That said, I think the color is pretty, and the dress might look great with a wide-brimmed sun hat.

If she really buys her clothes from a London tailor, she is probably extremely particular about the materials, style and quality of what she wears. If she likes it, great - but if she doesn't, don't let it hurt your feelings if she wants to return/exchange it. And go shopping with her sometime to see how she chooses what to wear, if you want to do a good job of choosing things she might like.

cghipp
05-29-2010, 07:01 AM
Also: I like that sweater on the right - it looks soft and comfortable.

Eph
05-29-2010, 07:01 AM
Well, this is her style, but I was hoping to find others with a similiar style to give me their opinion. I can't find the dress online, otherwise I would have posted that picture.

Yeah, she is picky (like me). I just hope she likes this -- I want her to wear it to my b'day dinner at Per Se.

I'm just anxious. (And I miss her -- she's been away for two weeks at family as I've been traveling)

Tina
05-29-2010, 08:44 AM
Is that a tennis dress outfit?

Eph
05-29-2010, 09:03 AM
Is that a tennis dress outfit?

No. Lol. 10 chars

ollinger
05-29-2010, 09:13 AM
Unless she lives in London, you should get another girlfriend. Someone who feels she needs to source her clothing from an overseas tailor is probably insufferably taken with herself.

Eph
05-29-2010, 12:49 PM
Unless she lives in London, you should get another girlfriend. Someone who feels she needs to source her clothing from an overseas tailor is probably insufferably taken with herself.

That doesn't follow. I use a tailor on Savile Row for suits. Should I break up with myself?

Her personality is just fine for my tastes.

Davis937
05-29-2010, 01:14 PM
For what it's worth, and with all due respect, I really wasn't too crazy about the dress ... the color wasn't appealing, the pattern was too busy, and the dress was too shapeless for my liking (... looks like the sack dresses popular a few decades ago) ... need to have a dress with a defined waist and maybe shorter ... guys enjoy seeing a woman's legs!

r2473
05-29-2010, 01:25 PM
At least you have your E-bay photo all ready to go.

ollinger
05-29-2010, 01:25 PM
Hang on to her....you two sound exactly right for each other.

Eph
05-29-2010, 01:26 PM

There's no real reason to make the assumptions you are on the evidence you have. It's asinine, really.

Davis937
05-29-2010, 01:30 PM
There's no real reason to make the assumptions you are on the evidence you have. It's asinine, really.

Let it go, Eph ... she's just trying to get a reaction out of you

Tina
05-29-2010, 01:40 PM
Let it go, Eph ... she's just trying to get a reaction out of you

Hey Davis, You know so much about lady's dresses. Impressive!!

Davis937
05-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Hey Davis, You know so much about lady's dresses. Impressive!!

Hey, tina ... yeah, I keep a few in my closet ... btw ... please go to my "Christina Aguilera" thread ... someone there wants to talk with you *smile* !! Let me know how it goes ... I'm off to play some tennis ... I'll be back tonight ... wait for me, OK ...

Tina
05-29-2010, 05:10 PM
Hey, tina ... yeah, I keep a few in my closet ... btw ... please go to my "Christina Aguilera" thread ... someone there wants to talk with you *smile* !! Let me know how it goes ... I'm off to play some tennis ... I'll be back tonight ... wait for me, OK ...

I already did. Check that out:)

Juges8932
05-29-2010, 05:41 PM
Not really feeling it. I like the color. Lacks shape. Can't tell how it hangs. Not feeling the pattern. Too many "layers" or whatever. To each their own, but I wouldn't get my g/f that.

Davis937
05-29-2010, 10:36 PM
I already did. Check that out:)

Hey sweet Tina ... you never waited for me (... heartbroken look of disappointment on my face) ... I've been looking for you but you're nowhere to be found ...

OroDeSantoro
05-30-2010, 04:39 AM

LOL!!!.......