PDA

View Full Version : It will be an all Williams final at Roland Garros this year

davey25
05-29-2010, 11:20 AM
Now that it is increasingly evident the overrated and overhyped Justine Henin is no longer any threat even on her beloved clay, and seeing how well both Williams sisters are playing I am more and more convinced we will be seeing an all Williams final at this years French. The Williams haters (and they are plentiful on this forum) will really love that. An All Williams final on their worst surface of clay. I cant wait.

rainingaces
05-29-2010, 11:23 AM
Your obsessed.

BigServer1
05-29-2010, 11:24 AM
So Henin drops a set to Sharapova and she's no longer a threat...

Serena Williams drops a set to an 18 year old, and she's penciled into the final.

I don't understand your logic here.

Lionheart392
05-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Um, no it won't.

davey25
05-29-2010, 11:26 AM
Dropping a set to a past her prime Sharapova on clay is pathetic for Henin. As for Serena she is a different animal. She only brings her A game when she feels she needs it. Of course Serena is in the final who do you is going to stop her. Stosur? Sharapova on clay? Henin? Yeah right. Only Jankovic is maybe a threat to her in this half.

BigServer1
05-29-2010, 11:31 AM
Dropping a set to a past her prime Sharapova on clay is pathetic for Henin. As for Serena she is a different animal. She only brings her A game when she feels she needs it. Of course Serena is in the final who do you is going to stop her. Stosur? Sharapova on clay? Henin? Yeah right. Only Jankovic is maybe a threat to her in this half.

I won't argue with you, as it's rather pointless, but I think you're underestimating Henin's abilities on Clay. She hasn't lost at the FO since 2004...That's a pretty impressive streak if you ask me.

I guess we'll see how it all ends up. I wouldn't be shocked to see both Ws in the final, and I wouldn't be shocked to see neither of them.

Bertie B
05-29-2010, 11:31 AM
Well, Venus is a Gemini w/ Moon in Leo. One could only wish all the attention and the boost in ranking will inspire her inner Lioness to roar its way into the final. One could only wish.

davey25
05-29-2010, 11:32 AM
I dont underestimate Henin's "former" abilities on clay. The key word being former. Her current abilities on clay which see her lose to some player outside the top 100 in Fed Cup, get bageled by Rezai, and go 3 sets with Sharapova, are nothing for Serena to worry about. Serena is probably salivating at the prospect of pummeling Henin into the ground should Henin get lucky (or unlucky) enough to make it that far.

paulorenzo
05-29-2010, 11:37 AM
I dont underestimate Henin's "former" abilities on clay. The key word being former. Her current abilities on clay which see her lose to some player outside the top 100 in Fed Cup, get bageled by Rezai, and go 3 sets with Sharapova, are nothing for Serena to worry about. Serena is probably salivating at the prospect of pummeling Henin into the ground should Henin get lucky (or unlucky) enough to make it that far.

serena is more likely salivating at the prospect of eating a few crepes or a dozen croissants.

davey25
05-29-2010, 11:40 AM
serena is more likely salivating at the prospect of eating a few crepes or a dozen croissants.

Yes to celebrate her 2nd French Open title and being halfway to a historic Grand Slam to go with her Serena Slam. Though I would much rather Venus win it as I think this is her last chance at Roland Garros, unfortunately I think Serena will come out on top though I would be really happy for her too.

Bertie B
05-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Henin is crafty and shouldn't be underestimated. She WILL resort to cheating if/when backed in a corner.

However her age is starting to show. Let's not forget that although #1 at the time, she suffered more than a few "main stage" beatings before the retirement.

Chadwixx
05-29-2010, 11:44 AM
Henin is crafty and shouldn't be underestimated. She WILL resort to cheating if/when backed in a corner.

Serena did the same thing against jankovic (hand during the serve) and stole an ace in the third set tiebreaker. She is a much bigger cheater than henin was 7 years ago.

decades
05-29-2010, 11:59 AM
it wouldn't surprise me. somebody said Serena is no good on Clay. but she is the best on any surface at slams.

Tanya
05-29-2010, 12:03 PM
Now that it is increasingly evident the overrated and overhyped Justine Henin is no longer any threat even on her beloved clay, and seeing how well both Williams sisters are playing I am more and more convinced we will be seeing an all Williams final at this years French. The Williams haters (and they are plentiful on this forum) will really love that. An All Williams final on their worst surface of clay. I cant wait.

You're becoming so ridiculous with your comments regarding Henin and the WS that even I can't support your arguments anymore.

Say whatever you want about clay being Sharapova's worst surface and Justine's best, but you can't deny how well Maria played in the second set. It has nothing to do with Justine's career being over (as much as I wish it did) so calm down a bit and let's see how this match actually ends before you make such predictions. Let's not forget how prone the WS are to being upset by nobodies.

davey25
05-29-2010, 12:12 PM
You're becoming so ridiculous with your comments regarding Henin and the WS that even I can't support your arguments anymore.

Say whatever you want about clay being Sharapova's worst surface and Justine's best, but you can't deny how well Maria played in the second set. It has nothing to do with Justine's career being over (as much as I wish it did) so calm down a bit and let's see how this match actually ends before you make such predictions. Let's not forget how prone the WS are to being upset by nobodies.

I saw the match and Maria did nothing that surprised me at all. Maria did play very well the last 3 games of the 2nd set true, but until then she as just middling and Henin was keeping her in the match with her new mediocrity even on clay. Henin played down to the level of a past her prime Sharapova on clay. Henin of any point in 2002-2007 would have won the match in under 45 minutes, not much shorter a time than she was regularly beating even a prime Sharapova on clay.

Tanya
05-29-2010, 12:21 PM
All I know is I would be surprised if Maria pulled off the victory tomorrow, and that you shouldn't get ahead of yourself.

West Coast Ace
05-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Dropping a set to a past her prime Sharapova on clay is pathetic for Henin.So Serena losing one to an overweight player know one knows must be real bad, right?

...Serena...only brings her A game when she feels she needs it.Fastest backpedal ever.

You're trolling skills are exceptional.

davey25
05-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Well I agree there is a good chance Henin still pulls it out but that doesnt mean anything really. If Henin is struggling this much vs a past her prime Maria on clay, remember Mrs "I am a cow on ice on clay" (something she said during her prime), she has no chance if she plays Serena.

TMF
05-29-2010, 12:25 PM

If losing 1 set to Sharapova is pathetic, then losing to Paylyuchenkova(:shock:) is a DISGRACE. Serena should withdraw from the tourney immediately!

davey25
05-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Paylyuchenkova is even probably better than a past her prime Sharapova on CLAY. And as I said Serena chooses to bring her A-game whenever she feels like it. Henin is not like that.

West Coast Ace
05-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Sharapova...blah, blah, blah....Henin.... blah, blah, blah...People with an IQ north of Forrest Gump realized how much the conditions had deteriorated and made playing quality tennis next to impossible. Sorry you're not in that demographic.

davey25
05-29-2010, 12:32 PM
People with an IQ north of Forrest Gump realized how much the conditions had deteriorated and made playing quality tennis next to impossible. Sorry you're not in that demographic.

So when was Henin's quality tennis this year? While struggling through a joke draw to the AO final but still failing to beat a badly injured and fatigued Serena Williams in that final. When losing to a badly off form Clijsters in Miami. While losing to a player outside the top 100 in Fed Cup. While getting fed a bagel by the snarky French women Rezai.

vbranis
05-29-2010, 12:40 PM
So when was Henin's quality tennis this year? While struggling through a joke draw to the AO final but still failing to beat a badly injured and fatigued Serena Williams in that final. When losing to a badly off form Clijsters in Miami. While losing to a player outside the top 100 in Fed Cup. While getting fed a bagel by the snarky French women Rezai.

There is no such thing as a 'joke draw' when you are unseeded and have to face #5 seed Dementieva in the 2nd round. Meanwhile, Serena was playing Kvitova in the 2nd round. And should I start recounting Serena's bad losses this year? Oh wait, you're right, she was either injured or fatigued or had a headache (like today)...:rolleyes:

davey25
05-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Sorry I forgot about the 2nd round with Dementieva, but beyond that she ended up with a joke draw to the final where she failed to finish off a badly injured, wrapped, and tired Serena Williams.

Cesc Fabregas
05-29-2010, 12:54 PM
davey25 reminds me alot of GSF/lambielspins/flying24. Who were all the same poster.

P_Agony
05-29-2010, 12:58 PM

That's not going to happen man. Just no.

P_Agony
05-29-2010, 12:59 PM
Sorry I forgot about the 2nd round with Dementieva, but beyond that she ended up with a joke draw to the final where she failed to finish off a badly injured, wrapped, and tired Serena Williams.

LOL, you are talking about the best match I've watched this year. And in the 2nd round, that's the toughest draw you can possibly get!

billnepill
05-29-2010, 01:01 PM
davey25 reminds me alot of GSF/lambielspins/flying24. Who were all the same poster.

hm, for both GSF and Davey Sampras, Graf = GOATs, but I don't recall GSF loving Williamses so much. Am I wrong?

halalula1234
05-29-2010, 01:25 PM
I WILL BE Praying its an all Williams final!!! i love the sisters !! especially if venus wins this title i'll roll around on the floor having torretts. in a happy way. Lets hope she beats Petrova!! if petrova is on then venus better be playing better than she did so far in the tournament! venus better be on too. if she played like her second round match or double faulted like her third then it wont be good.

And i hope maria wipe justine out!

Rhino
05-29-2010, 01:27 PM
I really hope not.

TMF
05-29-2010, 01:41 PM
I really hope not.

I don't think both sisters will make the final. It's only the 3rd round and the OP is hyping them, which he's setting himself up for looking like a clown!

Of course, I don't any all williams final in any tourney. It doesn't matter whoever win since the trophy, prize/money will end up with family anyway. It's a potential for a setup and Richard William will decide who will win. Watching double final is 10 times more interesting!

West Coast Ace
05-29-2010, 01:49 PM
... which he's setting himself up for looking like a clown!
He accomplished that about 3000 posts ago. Suresh, Fedace, and Bud from SD are shaking their heads and saying "what's that guy's problem?"

THUNDERVOLLEY
05-29-2010, 06:34 PM

All Williams is a stretch--unless in Venus' case, she's seriously seeing the twilight of her career, and will not UE or "wandering mind" herself into another early exit. In any case, even if Henin falls to Sharapova, players such as Jankovic (particularly eager to remove herself from Safina's void of slamless ineptitude) will pose a serious threat at this FO.

davey25
05-29-2010, 06:54 PM
All Williams is a stretch--unless in Venus' case, she's seriously seeing the twilight of her career, and will not UE or "wandering mind" herself into another early exit. In any case, even if Henin falls to Sharapova, players such as Jankovic (particularly eager to remove herself from Safina's void of slamless ineptitude) will pose a serious threat at this FO.

I wouldnt mind at all seeing Jankovic win it. I have always felt she was a better player than Safina and it would be nice to see her eliminate herself from the dreaded category Mrs. "I am a real #1" Safina is in.

Yeah you are right realistically it probably wont happen but I see a glimmer of hope it could, which I wouldnt have believed before the French. I would like to see it happen even more for Venus than Serena just since I really believe this is her last shot at this particular slam.

kishnabe
05-29-2010, 07:12 PM
I see a Jankovic-Venus final...I'll be very happy if either of them win. I'll be ****ed off if Serena or Petrova win!

TheTruth
05-29-2010, 07:16 PM
I hope it's Serena/Jankovic and good on the winner. I like both of them. But it would be nice to see Jelena finally win a slam.

davey25
05-29-2010, 07:23 PM
I see a Jankovic-Venus final...I'll be very happy if either of them win. I'll be ****ed off if Serena or Petrova win!

Petrova? Well this is one of the most wide open French Opens ever so I guess it is possible but highly unlikely IMO. Petrova has the game to possibly eke out a slam or two at some point. However she doesnt have the mentality to do so. I cant imagine her getting through 7 matches without choking if she is even in position.

Breaker
05-29-2010, 07:32 PM
hm, for both GSF and Davey Sampras, Graf = GOATs, but I don't recall GSF loving Williamses so much. Am I wrong?

Yes, the number of accounts is 15+ right now apparently. Also if P-Agony's signature is true then a few more can be added and possibly go up to 25+ user names from this same person.

Slazenger07
05-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Wozniacki all the way. Serena's a *****, she wont win it.

boredone3456
05-29-2010, 07:36 PM
Its possible but I highly doubt it. Serena will have to get through Stosur, Henin or Sharapova in the Quarters's....and seeing as how she has yet to shake off the rust of her time off convincingly they are all threats especially if Pavluchenkova can hit her with a breadstick. Peer in the next rd could knock her off to and it wouldn't really surprise me. Then Possibly/Likely Jankovic in the semi's and since she just beat Serena in Rome she would at least go in feeling confident. Venus has an easier draw, Petrova next, then Likely Dementieva, Either Woz Pennetta, Schiavone or Li in the Semi's. However, Petrova if she doesn't go headcase she is a threat to her and a 2 time Semi Finalist, Dementieva a former finalist herself could knock Venus off on clay..Pennetta is a pain for Venus, Li took her out at the AO, and Schiavone is a solid clay courter who fights for everything. Its possible, but I think it is overconfident to bank on it at this point. We'll just have to wait and see...as of now though...I would lean in favor of a no on it happening though.

vortex1
05-29-2010, 07:44 PM
Another dumb topic from someone obsessed with Williams sisters.

Mick
05-29-2010, 08:04 PM
not sure about roland garros but the odds of that happening at wimbledon and the US Open are quite good.

MotherMarjorie
05-30-2010, 05:16 AM
Justine Henin d. Maria Sharapova 6-2, 3-6, 6-3

Nadia Petrova d. Venus Williams 6-4, 6-3

You really don't know much about tennis, do you?

vortex1
05-30-2010, 05:17 AM
Venus got destroyed by Nadia. Shriekova out. My day keeps improving.

joeri888
05-30-2010, 05:19 AM
Venus got murdered, not surprising really. We'll have Henin/Jankovic - Dementieva (if only she had a serve) final.

halalula1234
05-30-2010, 05:37 AM
SAMMY please bring your best game and poon justine's derrier.

jerriy
05-30-2010, 05:39 AM
Venus should have ignored the weather and stayed with her previous bra-less lucky outfit, instead of showing up with something else.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/4065/williams.png

MotherMarjorie
05-30-2010, 05:40 AM
SAMMY please bring your best game and poon justine's derrier.
Why don't you want a Henin-Serena quarterfinal?

:):):):)

Mother Marjorie knows.

norbac
05-30-2010, 05:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuE-51d4zTk

MotherMarjorie
05-30-2010, 05:42 AM
Venus should have ignored the weather and stayed with her previous bra-less lucky outfit, instead of showing up with something else.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/4065/williams.png
It wouldn't have mattered what the cocktail waitress wore. The beat-down was inevitable. The number two ranked player in the world can't even make it to the semi's of a grand slam this year. And she hasn't beaten anyone in the top five in a VERY long time.

MotherMarjorie
05-30-2010, 05:50 AM
Another dumb topic from someone obsessed with Williams sisters.
Illogical and quite naive to think that two aging tennis players that haven't played each other in a clay court grand slam singles final in 8 years would do it again approaching 30 in 2010.

Ms. Davey25 is the King of Knee-Jerk in this instance.

MotherMarjorie
05-30-2010, 05:54 AM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/media/ALeqM5goZH_CtBInBDTJ3F_Jqr-IP6FowQ?size=l
Look, Ms. Davey. Its the French Open 4th round finalist. And she's wearing her lucky panties.

OMG, look at those hideous shoes with pink shoe laces and black tennis dress that don't match. Oh, no. I can't look anymore. Its a case where bad fashion creates the atmosphere of loss. Its the shoes that lost her the match.

bizarre_opinion
05-30-2010, 05:55 AM
Davey, you seem like a right **** now don't you mate, twat.

THUNDERVOLLEY
05-30-2010, 06:05 AM
Why don't you want a Henin-Serena quarterfinal?

I want to see that quarterfinal; no floaters, lucky losers, potential one-slam wonders or never-going-to-bes. Just the tough players who are ready, willing and able to kick ***.

THUNDERVOLLEY
05-30-2010, 06:09 AM
Illogical and quite naive to think that two aging tennis players that haven't played each other in a clay court grand slam singles final in 8 years would do it again approaching 30 in 2010.

You speak too soon; few thought an aging, long past prime Connors would make it as far as the semis of the USO...but he was able to in convincing fashion. Martina was still able to play well at an age most would never reach as a pro. Yes, age affects the majority of tennis players throughout history, but some just have that extra inner push the rest cannot comprehend.

TMF
05-30-2010, 08:32 AM
You speak too soon; few thought an aging, long past prime Connors would make it as far as the semis of the USO...but he was able to in convincing fashion. Martina was still able to play well at an age most would never reach as a pro. Yes, age affects the majority of tennis players throughout history, but some just have that extra inner push the rest cannot comprehend.

This is the same poster who said it would be impossible for Henin to win SW19. And now became a complete fool by contradicting himself(again). The possibly for the WS to reach FO final is far more remote than Henin winning SW19. The fanaticism has reach great height. How do you do it? There's simply no one has the skill that you possess. While it isn't hard to be a fanaticism, but I must compliment you for being so good! Only you have master it. You are a goat of FANTICISM in here.

Congradulation!!!

TMF
05-30-2010, 08:35 AM
He accomplished that about 3000 posts ago. Suresh, Fedace, and Bud from SD are shaking their heads and saying "what's that guy's problem?"

It took less than 24 hrs to destroy his dream.

Shadow Mix
05-30-2010, 08:46 AM
this will be wozniacki´s time to shine, she will win this year roland garros. =)

BigServer1
05-30-2010, 08:49 AM
I admit that I thought it would take me a couple extra days to do this, but I'll go ahead now:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Fail.

THUNDERVOLLEY
05-30-2010, 09:00 AM
this will be wozniacki´s time to shine, she will win this year roland garros. =)

...based on what?

Joe Pike
05-30-2010, 09:20 AM

With Venus?
I don't think so.

Wolland
05-30-2010, 09:40 AM
I think that this has been a valuable lesson for davey25. You can never judge someone's form based on early rounds.

West Coast Ace
05-30-2010, 09:54 AM
Here's Davey25 when he's not lecturing us on tennis:

http://failads.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/hello-kitty-darth.jpg

Chadwixx
05-30-2010, 11:09 AM
Why does venus quit so easily? Its like when she gets down she just gives up.

ronalditop
05-30-2010, 11:17 AM
Thank God we don't have to see Venus butt anymore.

West Coast Ace
05-30-2010, 01:09 PM
Why does venus quit so easily? Its like when she gets down she just gives up.I think it might be like Formula 1 - team rules. :)

Especially sad against Petrova - who usually (although she's gotten better) has match closeout issues.

So we have a few weeks off - until Davey25 revs up his silliness for Wimby. But he does cut an imposing figure as Darth Kitty (see above)... :)

THUNDERVOLLEY
05-30-2010, 04:29 PM
This is the same poster who said it would be impossible for Henin to win SW19.

...said the juicy-mouthed, Williams-stalking troll who cannot read (much less write) basic english. There is no contradiction, thanks to the point your ever-moronic *** missed:

Yes, age affects the majority of tennis players throughout history, but some just have that extra inner push the rest cannot comprehend

...which does not in any way, shape or form refer to Henin, since I never said she was one of that select few. Your obsession with Henin (once again) makes your warped mind believe she is a part of every TT discussion.

I laugh at the "school" responsible for your daily displays of olympian idiocy.

has reach great height.

FANTICISM

Congradulation

^ ...and your handlers kicked you out of "school" without preventing you from making such child-like errors?

Whoo boy.

THUNDERVOLLEY
05-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Why does venus quit so easily? Its like when she gets down she just gives up.

She needs to drop doubles ASAP. I do not care if the sisters enjoy the excercise--or doubles slam titles, Venus needs to become single-minded at this stage of her career & spare her body the extra physical strain (and distraction).

Fedace
05-30-2010, 04:47 PM
She needs to drop doubles ASAP. I do not care if the sisters enjoy the excercise--or doubles slam titles, Venus needs to become single-minded at this stage of her career & spare her body the extra physical strain (and distraction).

LOL,,Doubles has nothing to do with it. Venus just Can't move on Clay, that is that. Anyway, this is Dementiava's year..:)

JoelDali
05-30-2010, 04:52 PM
http://foodiedani.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/burgerbaby.jpg

T1000
05-30-2010, 04:54 PM
davey25=Cesc Fabregas

West Coast Ace
05-30-2010, 04:58 PM
davey25=Cesc FabregasIs their IP evidence? Wording patterns? Interesting theory...

boredone3456
05-30-2010, 05:01 PM

This I agree with, Venus's body has gotten worn down and banged up a lot over the years and now this new love for doubles (which she never seemed to have very consistently back when her body was more apt to handle it), isn't going to help her if she seriously wants to play into her 30s and still be a top ranked player/contender at tournaments not named Wimbledon. If she wants to play doubles with her sister...they could always continue that after she retires from singles and probably still win slams.

JayChu
05-30-2010, 05:57 PM
LOL! This thread is too funny. Mainly on the thread failure by the OP. ahaha

Buckethead
05-30-2010, 06:42 PM
williams sisters final??Anybody???
Thanks God I don't have to see her saggy t.i.ti.s anymore.Now I hope the other goes,because i am also tired of seeing that much cellulite.Venus will never win another GS,period.
Serena has her days counted and on clay,the max she will reach is one more round,before being dismissed.

West Coast Ace
05-30-2010, 06:55 PM
Where's Davey25?Either a) eating his poop sandwich in silence; b) thinking up a new name to use on this board; c) see my post at 1054AM today...

kishnabe
05-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Now no Williams gonna win this year FO!

West Coast Ace
05-30-2010, 07:27 PM
Now no Williams gonna win this year FO!If it is a Henin - Serena QF, someone needs to start a poll thread:

How many body parts will Serena have taped?

penguyen17
05-30-2010, 07:38 PM
..............fail.................

T1000
05-30-2010, 07:43 PM
Is their IP evidence? Wording patterns? Interesting theory...

Both of them create threads that are epic fail worthy

abmk
05-31-2010, 02:44 AM
LOL, another fail thread from davey25, how surprising ! :)

Shadow Mix
05-31-2010, 07:52 AM
...based on what?

based on, she has been playing awesomely well...even tho she didnt had any tough matches, must admit she had some share of easy opponents, and she did well against Pennetta, also, I guess she will be much eager in the next match than schiavone who has been in some tough matches even if it didnt looked like it.

Don´t really believe that serena will go much further, she has been playing constantly... with no breaks, either singles or doubles, I think she had 2 matches in one day once, not sure tho. And lets not forget she has to face stonsur and "jankovic", if everything goes smoothly hantutchova is good too.

Well we have to wait to see.

Baselineg
05-31-2010, 07:53 AM
God i love reading prediction threads when they crash and burn.

rainingaces
06-02-2010, 06:51 AM
Oh dear not even a williams sister in the semifinals.

Breaker
06-02-2010, 06:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3y3QoFnqZc

ispaht
06-02-2010, 06:52 AM
Congratulations, Nostradamus.

hcb0804
06-02-2010, 06:53 AM

NOT!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!:twisted::):)

MotherMarjorie
06-02-2010, 07:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm_ui-EuQks

Falloutjr
06-02-2010, 07:07 AM
So I heard the Williams' sisters lost :o

TMF
06-02-2010, 07:09 AM
it's hilarious that every Davey's threads get a 1 rating.

forthegame
06-02-2010, 07:38 AM
Davey, you jinx!!!

Fedex
06-02-2010, 07:45 AM
Was the racist thread about the William's sisters deleted?

TMF
06-02-2010, 07:53 AM

Yes, and i'm glad. I hope the OP gets a warning from the mod.

Rippy
06-02-2010, 07:54 AM
That really was epic fail. :D

vortex1
06-02-2010, 08:08 AM
Guys!! He obviously meant doubles final!

Chadwixx
06-02-2010, 08:18 AM

Half of the negative comments towards the brothers gets deleted, racist or not. The mod here is a big williams fan

hcb0804
06-02-2010, 08:38 AM

Fail; guess again!

cucio
06-02-2010, 09:14 AM
You guys don't get it. He is referring to the doubles trophy, the sisters will reach the final and their opponents will default. So it is an all-Williams final.

TMF
06-02-2010, 09:23 AM
You guys don't get it. He is referring to the doubles trophy, the sisters will reach the final and their opponents will default. So it is an all-Williams final.

No he’s not referring to double. You need to read his posts again.

IF that still translate to DOUBLE then clearly you know nothing about tennis.

cucio
06-02-2010, 09:26 AM
^^ LMAO, priceless!! Thanks for the refutation, I now am convinced :lol:

vortex1
06-02-2010, 09:28 AM
Who wants to bet that the thread starter will not dare show his face again in this thread?

Joe Pike
06-02-2010, 10:13 AM

I don't even think one of the sisters will make it to the semis.

valiant
06-02-2010, 12:08 PM
^^ LMAO, priceless!! Thanks for the refutation, I now am convinced :lol:

You should ve written (sarcasm) for him to get it.

Gorecki
06-02-2010, 12:18 PM
I wait.

just a minor correction to OP

DarthMaul
06-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Nice thread, OP. You won!

not

cucio
06-02-2010, 12:58 PM
You should ve written (sarcasm) for him to get it.

Come on, I said that the other team would retire from the final, who in the world can take that seriously? (Someone at TT, of course, I don't know why I was surprised.)

West Coast Ace
06-02-2010, 03:08 PM
How many more Williams Sisters are there? :)

davey25 dons the suit AGAIN!:

http://failads.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/hello-kitty-darth.jpg

TiradPass
06-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Since I will be attending the women's final this Saturday, my absolutely worst nightmare was a Williams vs Williams final. I knew that the chance of this happening on clay was exceedingly remote, but I was still very relieved when Nadia actually closed out the match against Venus and made this 100% impossible! :cool:

West Coast Ace
06-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Since I will be attending the women's final this Saturday, my absolutely worst nightmare was a Williams vs Williams final.Yeah, you got lucky! Buy a lottery ticket! And have a great time! And if JJ wins, run out on the court and tell her she made West Coast Ace she made him a lot of $$$! (just kidding about the running out on the court - yell it from the stands)

TMF
06-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Where's Davey25?

I don't think he post anything at all today.

West Coast Ace
06-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Where's Davey25?

I don't think he post anything at all today.With our luck, he's probably working in his Wimbledon material... :rolleyes:

TiradPass
06-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Yeah, you got lucky! Buy a lottery ticket! And have a great time! And if JJ wins, run out on the court and tell her she made West Coast Ace she made him a lot of $$$! (just kidding about the running out on the court - yell it from the stands)

You're definitely asking the right person, since I am very much in the habit of yelling unusual stuff at Grand Slams :twisted: 2009 French Open R4 & 2009 US Open Final for instance!

Thing is, I usually have to yell at the top of my lungs to ensure I can hear it on TV later, so I try to cap each yell at around 8 words. If you can condense your West Coast Ace congratulatory message into that word limit, I'll take it into consideration ;)

MotherMarjorie
06-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Q. American fans were hoping that Serena might score a Slam this year. Are you kind of disappointed that that's off the table? Was that in the back of your mind?

SERENA WILLIAMS: No, I'm not, it's like I've had so many chances to do it.

Mother Marjorie raises her eyebrow at this comment. Consider that Serena hasn't made it to the semifinals of the French Open since 2003, she was never in contention to win any ITF recognized calendar year "grand slam."

Mother Marjorie wouldn't call her comment arrogant, perhaps narcassistic considering her up-and-down career. The ball-bashing tennis Serena employs has never been up to the brutal task of being able to win an ITF recognized calendar-year grand slam. As seen by her performance in Paris today, that brand of tennis was not made for record-breaking historical performances. The clay courts of the French Open have been this generations final arbiter of the mindless ball-bashing skill set in the WTA. There will be no ITF recognized calendar-year slam from this generation.

Serena didn't play well because Stosur relentlessly pressured her from the first point forward. Stosur's assertive and aggressive style pressured Serena's second serve and affected Serena psychologically. After 1 1/2 sets, Serena was only winning 38% of her second serve points. Stosur was also serving Serena off the court, not having her service game broken until well into the second set. THAT is what Serena fails to admit to herself and during her press conference. In that regard, Serena was being purposefully ignorant, not arrogant. Afterall, why would Serena want to tell the world how to beat her late in a grand slam tournament?

This tournament was also the 1st grand slam event in which Serena held match point, but failed to win the match. However, it was the second tournament in a row she's done this. A little more match play leading into a grand slam event might cure her psychological woes during these occasions. Serena has obviously acquired a little self-doubt. It happens to aging tennis players.
http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2010-06/54075570.jpg

davey25
06-02-2010, 09:50 PM
So Serena should feel ashamed at her inability to win a Calender Slam!? A feat that Martina Navratilova, Chris Evert, Billie Jean King, Suzanne Lenglen, Helen Wills Moody, all failed to achieve in their primes as well. As it is Serena is already on a short list of players to achieve the non Calender Slam. She was also denied a chance at the Calender Slam in 2002 when she was forced to miss the Australian Open with injury. The winner of that event was Jennifer Capriati, making it even more likely.

Polaris
06-02-2010, 09:54 PM
With our luck, he's probably working in his Wimbledon material... :rolleyes:
Or working on a new username. That should take him past Federer's 16 Slams. Something like venuserenahoogenbandliveststeffifanaticalgugafan :) . The most idiotic thing about the OP is that he does not even like the players that he makes these threads about. Here he goes again in the previous post discrediting Capriati whom he made a show of admiring not so long ago with his capriatifanatic moniker.

Whatever it is, he is alternately annoying and hilarious.

MotherMarjorie
06-02-2010, 10:05 PM
So Serena should feel ashamed at her inability to win a Calender Slam!? A feat that Martina Navratilova, Chris Evert, Billie Jean King, Suzanne Lenglen, Helen Wills Moody, all failed to achieve in their primes as well. As it is Serena is already on a short list of players to achieve the non Calender Slam. She was also denied a chance at the Calender Slam in 2002 when she was forced to miss the Australian Open with injury. The winner of that event was Jennifer Capriati, making it even more likely.
This generation of mindless ball-bashers is one of the weakest in the history of the WTA.

The non-calendar year slam is not recognized by the ITF.

The 20's and 30's had the record-setting performances of Suzanne Lenglen and Helen Wills Moody.

The 40's (WWII)

The 50's Maureen Connelly-Brinker's Grand Slam (1st ever).

The 60's and 70's had Billie Jean King's emergence and Margaret Court's (2nd grand slam winners). Chris Evert dominated clay (18 GS wins).

The 80's had Martina Navratilova (18 GS) and Steffi Graf (3rd Grand Slam winner).

The 90's had Steffi Graf completing her 22 GS wins.

Since then, no one in this generation of the WTA has been able to approach the historical significance of their predecessors. Mother Marjorie thinks it is probably the weakest generation of tennis historically since the 1940's and the suspension of play during WWII when Wimbledon was bombed by the Germans. The ushers of the '00 Mindless Ball-Bashing Era were never able to impact the sport historically because the French Open became this generations final arbiter and their bodies could not sustain the rigors of that type of tennis they imposed on the sport. It became a sad day in the WTA when players began winning matches late in majors, hitting more unforced errors than winners, especially when sport of tennis is based on keeping the ball between the lines.

Henceforth, and so on, Mother Marjorie thinks this generation of WTA hasn't contributed much to its history, when compared to its predecessors. Injuries, burn-outs, retirements....all of it has taken its toll...and we all know who to thank for that.

davey25
06-02-2010, 10:15 PM
And even if all you say is correct you should atleast credit Serena for being clearly the greatest and most accomplished player of this "weakest" generation and holding it up more than anyone else seems capable of doing. After all she does have nearly twice the slams of her two closest contemporaries at this moment.

The womens field was not always this weak while Serena was on top either. The 1999-2005 field was alot deeper than this. You had Hingis and Davenport still at their peaks (atleast for a few years), Venus and Serena both at their all time best, Henin and Clijsters at first up and coming then into their primes as well, Mauresmo in her prime, Capriati a big force, Sharapova at her youthful and most uninhibitied (and healthy best), Pierce a force as well, and others. Yet Serena won 7 of her current slams vs this crop. People look at the field the last 2 and a half years and assume this is what Serena always faced. However one forgets Serena has been at the top apart from a nearly 2 year injury plagued hole for over a decade now. The fields she contested were not always the same and as weak as the very recent and current one. The womens game is also showing signs of improvement perhaps since last year though it does have a ways to go still.

MotherMarjorie
06-02-2010, 10:20 PM
And even if all you say is correct you should atleast credit Serena for being clearly the greatest and most accomplished player of this "weakest" generation and holding it up more than anyone else seems capable of doing. After all she does have nearly twice the slams of her two closest contemporaries at this moment.
But when you compare those wins to Margaret Court, Steffi Graf and even Martina, Chris and Helen, it looks very anemic historically.

By all means, credit Serena for being the greatest player of the weakest generation in WTA history. Knock your socks off. But don't EVER attempt to usurp the history of tennis by saying that anything this generation has brought forth has been historic. Because it hasn't.

You can't fool Mother Marjorie. Oh, no. Don't EVEN get her started.

davey25
06-02-2010, 10:25 PM
I agree is almost certain Serena will never reach the status of the greatest ever. She is 28 years old and has too far to go to get there. However if she continues to do well and adds a few more slams she will clearly entrench herself as the best player of the Open Era after only the big 4 of Court, Evert, Graf, and Navratilova. Some even consider her at that point already. Wills, Lenglen, even Connolly were from a different era of tennis altogether and hard to directly compare to such players. Ultimately numbers if clear cut enough will tell the tale to where a player stands, as arguments of quality of the field and competition can be debated back and forth all day. That is what I am told when I argue that with Federer, and it applies to Serena too in that case.

Navratilova said during Wimbledon a number of years back she thinks a match between her and Serena at their peaks would be a toss up. Chris Evert said in a letter to Serena in tennis magazine she envies Serena's athletic ability and she wishes she had that particular attribute to the same degree in her playing days. It sounds like even the past greats do respect Serena and consider her a great player in her own right.

Bhagi Katbamna
06-02-2010, 10:30 PM
They must have put the ESPN programming executives on suicide watch. Now who's replays are they going to show over and over again?

MotherMarjorie
06-02-2010, 10:34 PM
I agree is almost certain Serena will never reach the status of the greatest ever. She is 28 years old and has too far to go to get there. However if she continues to do well and adds a few more slams she will clearly entrench herself as the best player of the Open Era after only the big 4 of Court, Evert, Graf, and Navratilova. Some even consider her at that point already. Wills, Lenglen, even Connolly were from a different era of tennis altogether and hard to directly compare to such players. Ultimately numbers if clear cut enough will tell the tale to where a player stands, as arguments of quality of the field and competition can be debated back and forth all day. That is what I am told when I argue that with Federer, and it applies to Serena too in that case.
Mother Marjorie asks herself, "why do fools continue to compare the GS record-breaking career of Roger Federer to a woman who has not even approached breaking GS singles records in the WTA?"

Roger Federer and Serena Williams do not belong in the same sentence historically. And never will.

FYI, the history of the sport of tennis began many decades before the Open Era began, and to turn your head away from pre-1968 is simply attempting to usurp tennis history. Mother Marjorie cannot and will not allow that to happen.

The '00 Mindless Ball Bashing Era of Women's Tennis is the second worst in women's tennis history, second only to the 1940's because play was suspended during WWII.

Sing with me, Ms. Davey. Sing with Mother Marjorie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5IW9wK_HNg

BlewByU
06-04-2010, 10:17 PM
This generation of mindless ball-bashers is one of the weakest in the history of the WTA.

The 20's and 30's had the record-setting performances of Suzanne Lenglen and Helen Wills Moody.
The 40's (WWII)
The 50's Maureen Connelly-Brinker's Grand Slam (1st ever).
The 60's and 70's had Billie Jean King's emergence and Margaret Court's (2nd grand slam winners). Chris Evert dominated clay (18 GS wins).
The 80's had Martina Navratilova (18 GS) and Steffi Graf (3rd Grand Slam winner).
The 90's had Steffi Graf completing her 22 GS wins.

Since then, no one in this generation of the WTA has been able to approach the historical significance of their predecessors. Mother Marjorie thinks it is probably the weakest generation of tennis historically since the 1940's and the suspension of play during WWII when Wimbledon was bombed by the Germans. The ushers of the '00 Mindless Ball-Bashing Era were never able to impact the sport historically because the French Open became this generations final arbiter and their bodies could not sustain the rigors of that type of tennis they imposed on the sport. It became a sad day in the WTA when players began winning matches late in majors, hitting more unforced errors than winners, especially when sport of tennis is based on keeping the ball between the lines.

Henceforth, and so on, Mother Marjorie thinks this generation of WTA hasn't contributed much to its history, when compared to its predecessors. Injuries, burn-outs, retirements....all of it has taken its toll...and we all know who to thank for that.

Mother Marjorie asks herself, "why do fools continue to compare the GS record-breaking career of Roger Federer to a woman who has not even approached breaking GS singles records in the WTA?"

Roger Federer and Serena Williams do not belong in the same sentence historically. And never will.

FYI, the history of the sport of tennis began many decades before the Open Era began, and to turn your head away from pre-1968 is simply attempting to usurp tennis history. Mother Marjorie cannot and will not allow that to happen.

The '00 Mindless Ball Bashing Era of Women's Tennis is the second worst in women's tennis history, second only to the 1940's because play was suspended during WWII.

This reader thinks, "Finally, we have a voice of reason in this rapidly deteriating abysmal wilderness that is 21st century women's tennis !"

"Mother Marjorie" has eloquently illustrated inane & virile face of 21st century women's tennis which at best turned back the clock by some 60-70 years.

"Play any way u want as long as u can win"
"Whatever is effective and gets you the result, just believe in it & do it like your life depended on it"
"If it brings wins, its okay to treat power as an end rather than a means" etc etc etc ...
Dogged observance of aforementioned doctrines eventually gave birth to abominable brand of tennis known as Williams sisters tennis.

1st decade of 21st century would have gone down as by far the darkest chapter in the annals of women's tennis had it not been for a brave lonesome crusade undertaken by a fragile woman named "Justin Henin".

It is to this amazing woman named "Justin Henin" that we owe any glimpse of hope afforded in women's tennis today.

Alas! We don't see anyone else on the horizon who will carry the torch when she is gone.

So be it then.
We will all ride this great ride called "Justin Henin" till she swings for the last time.
Then we will talk about what an unrecognizably horrible place women's tennis has turned into.
Then we will all wait for another Justin Henin.
Maybe one day, just maybe .....

Once again, thank you "Mother Marjorie" !!!
Your decision to start posting on this forum and dispensing your wholesomely refreshing wisdom to us (and also to infidels) is probably the single most important event i witnessed on this forum.

When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Marjorie comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom ...

And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me

And when the brokenhearted people
Living in the world agree
There will be an answer ...

For though they may be parted
There is still a chance that they will see

Yeah, there will be an answer ...

And when the night is cloudy
There is still a light that shines on me
Shine on until tomorrow ...

I wake up to the sound of music

Come on everybody - sing, sing !

# # # # # # #

Sentinel
06-05-2010, 01:11 AM
What did YAW say when you told him it would be an all-Williams final ?

Baikalic
06-05-2010, 01:12 AM
What did YAW say when you told him it would be an all-Williams final ?

love these bumped called-out threads :D

jerriy
06-05-2010, 02:36 AM
The '00 Mindless Ball Bashing Era of Women's Tennis is the second worst in women's tennis history, second only to the 1940's because play was suspended during WWII.I still believe the bigger issue is personality. I thought when Venus & Serena had a sweep of the slams in, I think it was in '02 when both were in the final for four slams in a row, at that time I thought they were still young enough to further develop their game and go a long way to be less dependent on power. But then what happened was that I think they started to believe their own self constructed image which was sold to the media deliberately by their father. That was this storyline that they were "straight outta Compton" (they actually went via Florida) and that basically it was a Cinderella type tale of Daddy Richard who thought them the craft just by reading books. I believe in the beginning this sounded like a nice typical American rags-to-riches storyline that would captivate the media (since the reality that they actually did went to tennis schools in Florida from, not the youngest possible but still a young age was regarded by the media as spoilign the Compton-fairy-tale line).

Bun then as they started to collect prizes they started to believe their own fairy-tale and image that they started to conform to that image and developed a lower regard to tennis as a craft. Especially Serena who went a step further and even started throwing every convention overboard and introduce boxing etiquette, herself leading by example by talking and acting ghetto on and off the court ("I'm drama" "I'm from Compton" etc) as if she wasn't raised in a relatively disciplined, protective, Jehovah's-Witnesses-dominated household.

Venus on the other hand remains what she was all her life and maintains that regal and stately attitude of hers (coincidentally very appropriate for a Wimbledon dame)... although fashion-wise even she seems to have started to go off a bit recently.

MotherMarjorie
06-05-2010, 03:00 AM
This reader thinks, "Finally, we have a voice of reason in this rapidly deteriating abysmal wilderness that is 21st century women's tennis !"

"Mother Marjorie" has eloquently illustrated inane & virile face of 21st century women's tennis which at best turned back the clock by some 60-70 years.

"Play any way u want as long as u can win"
"Whatever is effective and gets you the result, just believe in it & do it like your life depended on it"
"If it brings wins, its okay to treat power as an end rather than a means" etc etc etc ...
Dogged observance of aforementioned doctrines eventually gave birth to abominable brand of tennis known as Williams sisters tennis.

1st decade of 21st century would have gone down as by far the darkest chapter in the annals of women's tennis had it not been for a brave lonesome crusade undertaken by a fragile woman named "Justin Henin".

It is to this amazing woman named "Justin Henin" that we owe any glimpse of hope afforded in women's tennis today.

Alas! We don't see anyone else on the horizon who will carry the torch when she is gone.

So be it then.
We will all ride this great ride called "Justin Henin" till she swings for the last time.
Then we will talk about what an unrecognizably horrible place women's tennis has turned into.
Then we will all wait for another Justin Henin.
Maybe one day, just maybe .....

Once again, thank you "Mother Marjorie" !!!
Your decision to start posting on this forum and dispensing your wholesomely refreshing wisdom to us (and also to infidels) is probably the single most important event i witnessed on this forum.

When I find myself in times of trouble

And in my hour of darkness
She is standing right in front of me

And when the brokenhearted people
Living in the world agree

For though they may be parted
There is still a chance that they will see

Yeah, there will be an answer ...

And when the night is cloudy
There is still a light that shines on me
Shine on until tomorrow ...

I wake up to the sound of music

Come on everybody - sing, sing !

# # # # # # #

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg-2ncgmHZg&feature=related

Verse One

When Blewby came by Mother Marjorie's flat,
He hung up his coat and his hat,
He gazed all around, but no Marjorie he found,
So he said "where can Marjorie be at?"
A note on the table he found,
He read it just once, then abound.
It read, "Blewby dear, this generation can't play around here,
So I think we should go show them how its done."

CHORUS

"Meet Marjorie in St. Louis, Blewby,
Meet Marjorie at the courts,
Don't tell her the sun is not shining
wooden racquets an no immodest shorts;
We will one-hand backhand, serve and volley,
Like the grand Evonne Goolagong Cawley,
If you will meet Marjorie in St. Louis, Blewby,
Meet Marjorie at the courts."

Verse two

The tennis skirts that hung in the hall,
Were gone, Marjorie had taken them all;
She took all his racquets and the rest of his things;
The picture he missed from the wall.
"What! moving!" the janitor said,
"Wimbledon is just weeks ahead."
"What good is the titanium racquet?" said Blewby, "Read that."
And the janitor smiled as he read.

CHORUS

"Meet Marjorie in St. Louis, Blewby,
Meet Marjorie at the courts,
Don't tell her the sun is not shining
wooden racquets an no immodest shorts;
We will one-hand backhand, serve and volley,
Like the grand Evonne Goolagong Cawley,
If you will meet Marjorie in St. Louis, Blewby,
Meet Marjorie at the courts."

split-step
06-05-2010, 03:10 AM

http://socialmedialawstudent.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/vader-fail1.jpg

Dave M
06-05-2010, 03:21 AM
.... Of course Serena is in the final who do you is going to stop her. Stosur? Yeah right. Only Jankovic is maybe a threat to her in this half.

:oops:

MotherMarjorie
06-05-2010, 03:24 AM
http://www.liesangeles.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/village-idiot-302x400.jpg

jerriy
06-05-2010, 03:27 AM
Of course Serena is in the final who do you is going to stop her. Stosur?LOL

I should put that in my sig.

MotherMarjorie
06-13-2010, 12:43 PM
LOL

I should put that in my sig.
Too easy. And too many to name.

Fedace
06-13-2010, 12:46 PM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOring......:) need Sharapova's HOT body to spice things up......