PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop 200g question

spt
05-15-2005, 07:01 PM
I have an old 200g (the mac/graf version) I was thinking of stringing up. The frame has no grommets. Was this common on some of the versions? It looks like there should have been a strip...but there isn't. Just four single grommets where it looks like the tie off should be. Also, what is the string pattern for the frame.

AndrewD
05-15-2005, 10:19 PM
There's been a recent thread on this one so do a quick search. The 200G didn't have a grommet strip in any incarnation so nothing is missing on yours. As to the stringing pattern, Id check out the USRSA website for the info.

spt
05-16-2005, 07:40 AM
I read the post - It didn't address any of the questions I asked. Thanks for the information on the grommet issue.

Deuce
05-16-2005, 11:52 PM
If you're going to string it, I suggest that you tube the top 8 holes - and perhaps even put some 'power pads' up there. Without something to protect the frame, strings can eat right through the frame - and it would happen at the top. I've seen it happen on Max 200Gs - string ate right through.

You'll want to put 'power pads', as well, at the bottom, and the bottom corners - the 'usual' places.

Loud
05-17-2005, 04:04 AM
I used to have one of those. I recollect four grommets (shared holes) maybe? Also, no bumper if memory serves me. The Max 200G.

yip kok kuin
05-17-2005, 06:07 PM
Warning! Don't string over 55 pound. This racket is very prone to warpping. Else it is the best racket ever.