PDA

View Full Version : Using the computer at work for personal business ...

Davis937
05-31-2010, 11:50 PM
I was wondering if any of you out there are "guilty" of this practice ... if, yes, approximately how much time during an average 8 hour day do you spend doing personal work/searches, etc. on your work computer ... also, do any of you post on TW during work hours ... how much time do you spend doing this at work ... have any of you gotten busted ... also, are some of your businesses/offices clamping down on this practice (getting more strict ... what steps are they taking) ... appreciate your sharing with all of us!

LameTennisPlayer
06-01-2010, 02:35 AM
a recent survey i heard was around 80% of people use it for personal use, the justification is that people are working longer hours than before, are on call most of the time, do work at home etc....

PimpMyGame
06-01-2010, 03:02 AM
I do, but it's give and take. My job might take 80 or 90 hours out of me in a week, so I need a little "down time" now and then. Big Brother is most definitely watching me, but nobody has complained.

Tina
06-01-2010, 03:15 AM
except for my bed time!!!

Davis937
06-01-2010, 06:07 PM
except for my bed time!!!

Hey Tina ... I don' quite understand ... what do you mean by "except for my bed time!!"

Tina
06-01-2010, 06:15 PM
I am in front of my computer in my office, in front of my laptop in the library, in front of my desktop at home. I am a computer savvy person (end-user only), my friend.

Davis937
06-01-2010, 07:21 PM
I am in front of my computer in my office, in front of my laptop in the library, in front of my desktop at home. I am a computer savvy person (end-user only), my friend.

Hey Tina ... now, I understand ... be careful ... don't spend too much time with those computers ... be sure you spend some good quality time outdoors ... especially playing some tennis!