PDA

View Full Version : Attention Archivists!! Specs for Yonex R-18?

kinsella
05-16-2005, 05:01 AM
Can anyone supply the specs for a Yonex R-18? Very thin beam, around 12 oz. A friend has a couple near the end of the road and could use specs in his search for his next racquet.

Thanks in advance.

stevewcosta
05-16-2005, 05:26 AM
Don't know the specs of this one Kinsella, but I predict your friend will be disappointed in the search for something similar because it doesn't exist. You can't get the great, old Yonex 18.5 mm box beam feel with a huge, high sweet spot in any other frame. I've been searching for 15+ yrs. About the closest thing he should try is the Yonex ti-80 w/some lead (still much thicker, rounder & not-so-solid beam and the grip shape has been slightly altered). Or, he can try the PS 6.0 95 (again, much thicker, a bit too headlight and smaller sweet spot). I've settled on the 6.0 95 b/c at least it is somewhat solid compared to the current frames.

larrhall
05-16-2005, 05:35 AM
He might pick up a few of the RX-37 TW is selling here, or find some used Fischer VacPros in good shape. The VacPro has some of those qualities.

stevewcosta
05-16-2005, 06:30 PM
Nope, that RX will not give you the same high sweet spot of the isometric head Yonex esp. due to small 90 sq. in. head. I think he should try the 2 I mentioned w/lead (I usually hate lead but the PS 6.0 95 and Ti-80 both need just a bit.