PDA

View Full Version : Racquet Setup?

montx
05-16-2005, 06:22 AM
I am currently using a Volkl 10 Tour MP Gen II strung with Klip Lightning 16G @ 56lbs. I have replaced the grip with the Klip R4 and use a rubber band and a worm dampener. Is this setup acceptable? I feel sufficient dampening from both frame and string vibration and shock. I would like your comments if you are familiar with this setup. Thanks kindly.

Bora
05-16-2005, 06:56 AM
If its acceptable to you, then its no one else's business. But why the rubber band and a worm?

Gaines Hillix
05-16-2005, 06:58 AM
It sounds like you're concerned about vibration and shock. This setup should give you a soft, dampened feel if that's what you're looking for.

montx
05-16-2005, 07:00 AM
Well i use a worm normally, i have been testing out the rubber band method as well, and it seems to dampen the center two strings well, so I am trying that out. So far so good, but, a tennis enthusiast that i am, i am asking for suggesstions and comments like yours.

montx
05-16-2005, 07:01 AM
yes Gaines, I like low shock as possible, the Volkl does a wonderful job.

Bora
05-16-2005, 08:29 AM
The rubber band can be just the right thing for certain racquets, while the worm might be more fitting to others. Ex: Rubber band worked great for me in Volkl Tour 10 MP, Head LM Radical OS, Yonex ti-80. The worm like ones worked well for me in Volkl Quantum 10 RAP, Wilson Hammers, Gamma Power racquets.

Pushmaster
05-16-2005, 11:24 AM
I used to use various vibration dampeners with the Prestige Tour's (worm, "W", ect.), but I've found that a rubber band is all that's really needed. There is very little vibration with these frames to begin with, the rubber band stops what vibration there is, but mostly I use it to eliminate that annoying "ping".