PDA

View Full Version : Pre-tennis rituals

Ali
06-02-2010, 04:59 AM
Didn't know where to post this and not sure whether something similar has already been done, so apologies in advance for cross-posting.

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand.

Do you have any pre-game/match tennis rituals?

What's your diet like the day of a match?

Do you have a pre-match music playlist to get you in the right shape of mind?

El Diablo
06-02-2010, 05:03 AM
Handel's "Requiem"

Ali
06-02-2010, 06:32 AM
Nice choice, but I prefer more up-beat and pump up tunes.

I generally listen to some Linkin Park and Bullet for my Valentine.

christos_liaskos
06-02-2010, 06:36 AM
rocky theme tune surely? I dont really have any ritual but i think that song would be as good as any

Ali
06-02-2010, 06:46 AM
rocky theme tune surely? I dont really have any ritual but i think that song would be as good as any

Hehe. Eye of the Tiger is a good one. Depends on my mood though.

I'm surprised not many have a pre-match ritual though.

r2473
06-02-2010, 08:44 AM
deleted........

LuckyR
06-02-2010, 09:49 AM
I used to carbo load the night before, take Motrin and my special sports drink the morning of the match. Now I just do the sports drink.

The_Question
06-02-2010, 04:18 PM
Take a nap, if possible...

ODYSSEY Mk.4
06-02-2010, 04:54 PM
hit up the bathroom... always raises my game

Toxicmilk
06-02-2010, 06:07 PM
hit up the bathroom... always raises my game

Yup...before I start anything I pretty much do this...!

SystemicAnomaly
06-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Preferred ritual: sacrificing a virgin to the volcano gods. If there are no virgins (or volcanoes) handy, I'll go with my backup plan: sacrificing a chicken to the tennis gods (Laver, Sampras, Agassi, Borg etc).

Preferred music: Tarkus (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrHSuBqE4ho&feature=related) or some Baroque music with a brisk, unflagging rhythm

Fay
11-05-2011, 04:52 PM
I always warm up for about 45 minutes and then take a shower.
I check my tennis bag for everything I need.
Then I'll warm up about 15 minutes when I get to the courts if there are running machines, or I go for a short walk while I visualize executing my favorite shots well.

I always take my own water to the courts and I always drink coffee in the car driving to the match while I listen to something very pounding and upbeat. I always have sauteed egg yolks (protein only) the morning before a match, and power bars during if I need anything.
If I have to play during the afternoon, then I'll have a hamburger at least 3 hours before I play, I have power bars in my bag.

There are a few things I say to myself before the match which I'll spare the readers. But I definitely have a ritual.

Looking back I sound worse than Nadal, LOL

thug the bunny
11-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Decide what stick to use, yawn, scratch butt, maybe do some cross leg torso rotation stretches depending on motivation, take notice of the wind, think to myself how great it is to be out playing, warm up, play. That's it.

MarinaHighTennis
11-06-2011, 08:47 PM
For Andy Murray, its bedtime with Kim Sears BC he believes it affects his matchplay

thug the bunny
11-07-2011, 07:03 AM
Looking back I sound worse than Nadal, LOL

Ever see him with his water bottles? He uses a compass, calipers, and a protractor to line them up and orient the labels just so. He is a flaming OCD case.