PDA

View Full Version : Is HEAD Ti 2200 a fake racquet?

yxyana
06-02-2010, 08:59 AM
What do you think? It's been on bid at Yahoo! Japan auction.

http://img359.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/6/4/3/0/kyoko_chan_22-img600x450-1275462625yyfadx18994.jpg

mrmo1115
06-02-2010, 10:29 AM
^ Fake .
:?

chancep2120
06-02-2010, 10:31 AM
very fake unfortunately

Gorecki
06-02-2010, 10:35 AM
seems more like a cheap walmart frame...

dlesser13
06-02-2010, 11:45 AM
^^^^

Definitely just a cheaper model/wal mart frame painted to imitate the microgel series. Wilson has rackets that imitate the kfactors.

yxyana
06-02-2010, 11:51 AM
^^^^

Definitely just a cheaper model/wal mart frame painted to imitate the microgel series. Wilson has rackets that imitate the kfactors.

What do you mean by Wilson imitating K Factors? K Factor racquets ARE made by Wilson...

yxyana
06-02-2010, 11:59 AM
You know, at a first glance it made me think the seemingly "fake" racquet of which I've put up a pic of would be one of those not-to-be-seen-by-the-public kind of racquets (like pro stocks of some kind). Then, I googled it and found there wasn't a single website that talks about Ti. 2200. I wonder what whoever did the paintjob tried to make it look like... The closest would be a microgel radical pro, considering the string pattern (16*19) and the color scheme. But hey, who knows.

bsandy
06-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Actually . . .

I'd put this in the plausibly authentic pile.

http://www.head.com/tennis/racquets.php?region=jp&tag=club_series&id=1429

But . . . Why does it matter.

. . . Bud

TheDLink
06-02-2010, 02:47 PM
that racket bag just totally gives it away

MAXXply
06-02-2010, 03:52 PM
You know, at a first glance it made me think the seemingly "fake" racquet of which I've put up a pic of would be one of those not-to-be-seen-by-the-public kind of racquets (like pro stocks of some kind). Then, I googled it and found there wasn't a single website that talks about Ti. 2200. I wonder what whoever did the paintjob tried to make it look like... The closest would be a microgel radical pro, considering the string pattern (16*19) and the color scheme. But hey, who knows.

Not fake. 100% real HEAD racket. Just a cheap - really cheap - Walmart-level racket. Lots of these are also sold in Australia at the cheapest sports stores and cheap chains like Walmart. The people who buy them would play tennis very seldomly and just want a cheap racket from a reputable brand. Just because there's nothing on the web about it doesn't mean it's unauthorised HEAD product.

yxyana
06-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Not fake. 100% real HEAD racket. Just a cheap - really cheap - Walmart-level racket. Lots of these are also sold in Australia at the cheapest sports stores and cheap chains like Walmart. The people who buy them would play tennis very seldomly and just want a cheap racket from a reputable brand. Just because there's nothing on the web about it doesn't mean it's unauthorised HEAD product.

Thanks for the extensive explanation on the seemingly fake racquet! You have solved all the problem.

Donny0627
06-04-2010, 12:51 PM
What do you mean by Wilson imitating K Factors? K Factor racquets ARE made by Wilson...

No he meant wilson takes the k-factor pj and takes some detail out of it. Then they slap it onto a $20 WalMart racket. Although it is easy to tell it is an imitation, Wilson thinks that sales will go up on low quality rackets if they are painted to look like a high quality racket. My Argument iS: If you are buying a racket at walmart, I am sure you dont care whether or not it looks like it costs $200 because you probably figure there is no such thing.(meaning: they dont kno enough and think that every player gets their rackets at walmart.

I have seen some BLX imitations popping up at one of my local walmarts as well.

All Brands do this.

Donny0627
06-04-2010, 12:53 PM
I have never seen this type of racket other than at walmart. This is not a fake(because if you are going to make a fake, dont make it of something worth $15) It is simply a low quality head racket that was painted to look like a high quality stick.

For more on this look at my other post above...

mtommer
06-04-2010, 01:13 PM
No he meant wilson takes the k-factor pj and takes some detail out of it. Then they slap it onto a $20 WalMart racket. Although it is easy to tell it is an imitation, Wilson thinks that sales will go up on low quality rackets if they are painted to look like a high quality racket.

Often the paint on the racquet being sold very closely resembles the racquet of the player they use on the cardboard insert. They see Agassi or someone else using the "same" racquet in front of them.

yxyana
06-05-2010, 03:32 AM
No he meant wilson takes the k-factor pj and takes some detail out of it. Then they slap it onto a $20 WalMart racket. Although it is easy to tell it is an imitation, Wilson thinks that sales will go up on low quality rackets if they are painted to look like a high quality racket. My Argument iS: If you are buying a racket at walmart, I am sure you dont care whether or not it looks like it costs $200 because you probably figure there is no such thing.(meaning: they dont kno enough and think that every player gets their rackets at walmart.

I have seen some BLX imitations popping up at one of my local walmarts as well.

All Brands do this.

I see. Nice try, Walmart!