PDA

View Full Version : Any Reds fans?

albino smurf
06-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Getting kind of excited about the Cincinnati Reds. Usually they are eliminated from contention at this point, yet they seem to be in first place.

Kevin T
06-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Yep! Glad to see things finally turning around. I'm a Chris Sabo man from way back and wear my Reds hats with pride her in Cali. Rolen has been a key pick-up and Leake is pitching like a world-beater. Just hope they can hold on against the Cards. I can't imagine the St. Louis power hitters having as bad a June as May.

hollywood9826
06-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Im not a Reds fan, but keep up with the game as well as I can. The Reds this year so far hve been one of the most exiting teams. They have won a ton of come from behind games, and I really like Joey Votto, i mean with a name like that how can he fail.

I hope they can maintain this, but they really need to pick it up becuase they cant keep winning these 1 run games at such a rate.

Davis937
06-02-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm a Yankees fan ... Reds are not even in the same league with the Yanks (... my apologies for the pun) ... yeah, I know it was bad!

Tina
06-02-2010, 08:17 PM
I'm a Yankees fan ... Reds are not even in the same league with the Yanks (... my apologies for the pun) ... yeah, I know it was bad!

Hey David,

You must know this guy!!

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/11466-Chien%20Ming%20Wang.jpg

Davis937
06-02-2010, 11:28 PM
[QUOTE=Tina;4721656]Hey David,

You must know this guy!!

Hey Tina ... he was one of my favorite players on the team ... a few seaons back he was almost unhittable ... I believe he's been having all kind of injury problems ... unfortunately, he may never return to his old form ...

hollywood9826
06-03-2010, 05:20 AM
Of all players you post a pictrure of Wang. Why exactly would you post a picture of Wang and not that A-Hole Texiera or Derek Cheater?

Nobody likes the Yankees, this is about the Reds and thier exiting style of play. Sadly they lost last night and are tied for NL Central. I hope they can maintain this streak but I dont see it.

Kevin T
06-03-2010, 08:44 AM
How dare you guys defile this thread by invoking the Yankees or Wang!! This is a Reds thread...give respect to the greatest Red of all-time! :)

http://www.dattanadkarni.com/documents/lens/lens-8.jpg

r2473
06-03-2010, 08:48 AM
give respect to the greatest Red of all-time! :)

http://www.colosscollect.com/mags/si/si960520.jpg

zak425
06-03-2010, 09:47 AM
If your talking reds..yes I am a huge Reds fan. Born and raised in cincy. My favorite reds were Eric Davis, Deion Sanders, and Pokey Reese

Kevin T
06-03-2010, 10:09 AM
http://www.colosscollect.com/mags/si/si960520.jpg

I was waiting on one of you haters to pull out the Marge pics. Sexy!

Brettolius
06-03-2010, 10:10 AM
How dare you guys defile this thread by invoking the Yankees or Wang!! This is a Reds thread...give respect to the greatest Red of all-time! :)

http://www.dattanadkarni.com/documents/lens/lens-8.jpg

AW! You beat me to the obligatory Chris Sabo goggles reference. Funny, I grew up playing with Jon Rauch from little league thru high school, and when he was a kid he rocked the glasses and looked dead up like Chris Sabo. (Jon pitches for the Twins now I believe.)

Kevin T
06-03-2010, 10:13 AM
AW! You beat me to the obligatory Chris Sabo goggles reference. Funny, I grew up playing with Jon Rauch from little league thru high school, and when he was a kid he rocked the glasses and looked dead up like Chris Sabo. (Jon pitches for the Twins now I believe.)

Nice!! Sabo really is my favorite Red of all-time. Nobody hussled more than Sabo and you gotta love a guy that rocked the goggles and flat top and didn't care what anyone thought.

hollywood9826
06-03-2010, 12:55 PM

I had a little leaguer I was coaching a couple years ago that was rocking the Rec Specs. I called him Chris Sabo and he stared at he. I said Sabo was the man (he briefly played for BMore also)thats where I knew him from.

And yes Raouch Plays for the Twins now he also the tallest player in the history of Major League Baseball.

Brettolius
06-03-2010, 01:17 PM
And yes Raouch Plays for the Twins now he also the tallest player in the history of Major League Baseball.

And that is why he is in the majors. He didn't get to pitch much in high school and was a second string left fielder. But when you've got a guy who ( at the time was 6'8" and still growing) had decent mechanics, hard to say there's no potential there. He was a project but it worked out I'd say. The last guy in the world I would've thought to get a freakin' tattoo on his neck, that's for sure!

albino smurf
07-06-2010, 08:05 AM
They're still at it! Loving this season.

jswinf
07-06-2010, 10:33 AM
I'll trade you the entire Arizona Diamondbacks organization for an Eric Davis bobblehead and a bag of Marge's poodle hair.

seffina
07-06-2010, 12:23 PM
They're still at it! Loving this season.

I'm a Mets fan but I live in the Reds area... so they're on tv and radio all the time. How do you think Travis Wood's doing? I don't think he'll stay in the rotation for long, but I wish him luck.

albino smurf
07-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Hard to say. Two games so far.. medium spicy results.. as long as they keep on winning.. he'll have a better chance to stick.

r2473
07-06-2010, 01:09 PM
Commie.

RealityPolice
07-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Grew up in Cinci (I have Skyline Chili in my veins). My dad was an occasional babysitter for Pete Rose.

Not really a Reds fan, mostly because I can't stay interested in baseball. Stingers/Cyclones/Ducks and Bengals for me. (And the tennis tourneys, of course.) Although I was certainly watching for many of their Series wins.

albino smurf
07-07-2010, 12:55 PM
They are making baseball fun to watch again for me.