PDA

View Full Version : State tournament

dantesinferno18
06-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Im just wondering if you make it to the state tournament, do colleges look at that at all? And i am wondering about DIII school mostly

tennisjon
06-03-2010, 04:57 AM
If you are looking at D3 schools they are not offering scholarships, therefore, we take who we get. Having USTA tournament experience seems to have a greater impact on success than high school success, but both are important since one involves more problem solving on an individual basis and the other involves teamwork.

Rogeragassi
06-05-2010, 02:14 PM
It depends on what state. And sometimes, within the state, what section you come out of it. Also, if you made it to state but you have virtually no USTA experience, coaches realize you can't be all that good.

Tennis_Stringman
06-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Im just wondering if you make it to the state tournament, do colleges look at that at all? And i am wondering about DIII school mostly

Yes, this can help. My son received a recruitment letter from UCLA after he won the state title in his sophomore year. The recruitment letter was addressed to his high school tennis coach and forwarded to him.

SteveI
06-06-2010, 05:50 AM
Yes, this can help. My son received a recruitment letter from UCLA after he won the state title in his sophomore year. The recruitment letter was addressed to his high school tennis coach and forwarded to him.

The OP was asking if he made it to "States". Your son won the State Title in his sophomore year. Making the state team is of course a feather in ones cap.. winning it as a sophomore puts you in a whole other class indeed. Getting a recruitment letter from UCLA says it all. All and all I think college coaches look look at both HS and USTA results.. but having great HS results without solid USTA results is not a plus. Best to have both.

dantesinferno18
06-08-2010, 11:58 AM
O yea and BTW its for individuals not team