PDA

View Full Version : How could the Wilson nSix-One Tour 90's spin potential only being rated as low as 73?

djones
05-16-2005, 01:20 PM
How could the Wilson nSix-One Tour 90's spin potential only being rated as 73?
I have once played with it and although the tension had allready dropped quite a bit, the string which was Wilson Sensation isn't your best bet for spin, offered very good spin potential to me!

According to TW, Head's Liquid Metal Prestige mid its topspin is rated as 78!!!
How could this be true, when both racquets have the same headsize, the Prestige is more flexible, but one is 16-19 and the other 18-20 string pattern!?

I'm not a Wilson fan at all, don't like their gripshapes, their low sweetspot and the racquets seem to flex at different places than my Head Prestige Classic, but I have to admit that it's spin potential was quite a bit better than my Prestige.

What's your opinion about it's spin potential compared to the Prestige?

ffrpg
05-16-2005, 09:28 PM
I agree, the nCode 90 does have better spin potential than the Prestige Classic.

nViATi
05-16-2005, 09:42 PM
the reviews aren't meant to be compared to eachother

bustigal
05-16-2005, 10:50 PM
String pattern is only one of the factors that determine spin potential. My experience tells me that flex rating is another big factor (does anyone else feels the same?) even though it's not widely regarded as such. More flexible racquet has better spinning potential because the ball-racquet contact is longer. The n61 tour 90 flex rating is 67 vs. the Prestige's 61. It makes sense that the Prestige spins lot better. This is why most super stiff and super open string pattern granny stick can't spin the ball well at all because the ball pops off the string bed too fast.

Also, please do not assume the 18x20 pattern will be a lot denser than the 16x19. You have to look at how small the squares are in the middle of the string bed to determine the how dense the pattern. Some of the OS racquet (like the POG OS) has much denser pattern in the middle than a lot of midpluses.