PDA

View Full Version : prestige lime green 600 vs. classic mid..............

Young Pete
05-16-2005, 04:25 PM
has anyone played with these two and if you have please let me know what you think about them...

does the lime green prestige 600 play similar to the classic mid......is it more head light, does it have that same old original feel? Is it basically the same racquet?????

thx in advance.

Loud
05-16-2005, 07:49 PM
Haven't played with the green but I understand that it does not have CAP grommets and would therefore be a little more head light.

gonzalocatalino
10-05-2005, 04:59 PM
recicled trhead:

have anyone the specs of the lime green PRESTIGE 600?
is the prestige classic without the cap groomets?

Someone have this racquet? tell me something!!!!:confused:

gonzalocatalino
10-05-2005, 05:58 PM
if someone is interested, i found this in an old trhead:

i have two of these rackets. i first saw it available in the states
around 1991-92. there were two slightly differing versions, both
made in austria. the first one said "classic beam" on the hoop, the
second one said "constant beam-classic flex". i believe that the
first one was a bit more solid, stiffer. i own the second version.
testing them on the rdc yielded a stiffness of 62-63, weight of 12.2-12.3oz. i also ordered the full length green "clamp shell" bumper guard, such as you see on the red prestige. with this installed, the
frame weighed about 13 oz.
i have seen this frame used by muster(full bumper), mark koevermans, david wheaton, rosalyn fairbanks. from what i heard,
a lot of the other prestige players didn't take to this frame because of its stiffness.
i had the grip pallet changed recently. the old pallet was solid foam, all the way to the handle. the new ones are these hollow pallets that seem kinda cheap.

This is the racquet, right?
http://tinypic.com/ea19on.jpg

Richie Rich
10-05-2005, 06:28 PM
yup, that's the racquet. It plays a little stiffer than the PC. i have one and put the lm pretige black CAP bumper on and it fits perfect and makes it a little more head heavy.