PDA

View Full Version : I was going to ask a girl for a date, but I wussed out

Pages : [1] 2

SuperFly
06-04-2010, 12:27 PM
Yeah, title says it all. I was ready to ask this girl (who I've talked to for a while now) to hang out this weekend, but I just couldn't bring myself to it. Now my next chance is all next week and then summer break. I sort of hate myself now. :(

If you want to offer advice, go ahead. If you want to rip on me, go ahead too.

Feña14
06-04-2010, 12:30 PM
How old are you? It's not the end of the world if you're still young, you'll learn for next time :)

bezs
06-04-2010, 12:33 PM
You only regret the things that you don't do, not the things you do.

So go just go balls out and do it, even if you fall flat and she says no at least you know you tried. I'm rooting for you Go Go Go!

Legend of Borg
06-04-2010, 12:34 PM
Take the behaviorist approach and desensitize yourself. Talk to girls you feel comfortable with until you build an "immunity" and eventually have the courage to ask her. However, this takes some time and I understand you only have a week. Sorry if this doesn't help much. :)

P.S.: You could try the flooding method suggested by bezs which is probably more fitting seeing you only have a week.

CanadianChic
You said your next chance is next week, so ask her next week. Why do men fear us? lol.

Fedace
You have Already been talking to her. JUST Ask her to go to the Mall with you on a saturday. Nothing really formal, that way she won't be threatened and if she likes you then she will jump on it anyway. If She is Unsure about you then she may still say YES since this is kind of Non-formal way of asking her out.

so here is what you do next. While in the mall, find a nice moment and buy her something Cheap but really thoughtful item. Like something she needs. Ask her,,,,hummmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,Is there anything you wanted or something along that nature. and when you go by the store that has it,,,,,buy it and surprise her......
You will have her under your Spell from that point....and she will do anything you want to you or with you or Whatever....................................

I tried this when i was younger and it WORKS like a Charm.

Power Player
06-04-2010, 12:41 PM
Whatever you do, do the opposite of what Fedace posted. Don't put girls on a pedestal. You do that stuff once you get married

Fedace
06-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Whatever you do, do the opposite of what Fedace posted. Don't put girls on a pedestal. You do that stuff once you get married

Don't listen to this guy, what i tell you really does work. Don't buy anything expensive, that does NOT work. just something Thoughtful that the girl will think you were thinking of her.

JoelDali
06-04-2010, 12:52 PM
Take her to a psychedilic tomato farm and trip out on the tomato man with 9 eyes.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PuGbRHOIW2E/SNaAGH9f_rI/AAAAAAAAAms/dgUbAiapurw/s400/BMSR_drippers.jpg

mozzer
06-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Me and my friends are all failing with the girls, so a few weeks ago we all agreed that we would talk to a new girl every time that we have a night out in town and it really worked! Since tyhen i have had and also lost my first real girlfriend LOL

Fedace
06-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Me and my friends are all failing with the girls, so a few weeks ago we all agreed that we would talk to a new girl every time that we have a night out in town and it really worked! Since tyhen i have had and also lost my first real girlfriend LOL

so you had all these new girls you have been talking to.....you've been busy or what.......:)

ChipNCharge
06-04-2010, 01:02 PM

I bet there are some people in prison that regret the things they've done.

maverick66
06-04-2010, 01:03 PM
You said your next chance is next week, so ask her next week. Why do men fear us? lol.

Its not that we fear you its that we fear you not letting us play with the fun stuff you possess.:)

Ask her next week. Its really not a biggie. I didnt ask a girl out once and was ****ed about it. I met another girl next week and forget all about it. Welcome to being a teenager. And also remember you are not dating in high school its just your turn with that girl.:)

Ya like getting caught.

Mansewerz
06-04-2010, 01:06 PM

hahahhaha I found this response hilarious

mikeler
06-04-2010, 01:07 PM
I have a friend that just did not care at all about getting rejected by girls in high school. His philosophy was that it was better to get rejected by 9 girls if #10 was into him.

Legend of Borg
06-04-2010, 01:10 PM

His quote was meant to be inspirational. No need to give it a negative connotation by giving counter examples.

TahoeTennis
06-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Definitely ask her next week. Don't just ask to "hang out" but have a plan. Ask her to coffee or lunch, that way you can talk and get to know each other.
Good luck and have fun! Beee yourself.

djokovicgonzalez2010
06-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Be a man. Do it over text.

in[k]
06-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Lol funny thread. Definately ask her, but try to do it in an unakward way. Like when you're hanging out or something ask her, not while she is busy with something.

And I know it was a joke but never ask someone out over text/computer. This girl who I was kinda in to had her friend ask me out over AIM but I said no cause I thought it was one of those "what if" questions girls always ask. Whoops.

mikeler
06-04-2010, 05:26 PM
Carpe Diem Superfly.

T1000
06-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Yeah, title says it all. I was ready to ask this girl (who I've talked to for a while now) to hang out this weekend, but I just couldn't bring myself to it. Now my next chance is all next week and then summer break. I sort of hate myself now. :(

Haha I just did this too. I was really p!ssed about it and I just decided not to be a pusy next time and grow a pair and it worked. Just do it, what's the worst that can happen

p.s. let's go Flyers!!

SuperFly
06-04-2010, 05:48 PM

So go just go balls out and do it, even if you fall flat and she says no at least you know you tried. I'm rooting for you Go Go Go!

Your quote makes me want to go on some Superbad-style tangent.

Egos, my canadian, egos.

You have Already been talking to her. JUST Ask her to go to the Mall with you on a saturday. Nothing really formal, that way she won't be threatened and if she likes you then she will jump on it anyway. If She is Unsure about you then she may still say YES since this is kind of Non-formal way of asking her out.

so here is what you do next. While in the mall, find a nice moment and buy her something Cheap but really thoughtful item. Like something she needs. Ask her,,,,hummmmmmmmmmmm,,,,,Is there anything you wanted or something along that nature. and when you go by the store that has it,,,,,buy it and surprise her......
You will have her under your Spell from that point....and she will do anything you want to you or with you or Whatever....................................

You asked me and the guys down the the Illinois HS thread to hook you up. GTFO :evil:

I'm in my late teens.Unfortunately i have huge confidence problems with girls.Something i will have for ever i guess.

At least I'm not the only guy with lady issues.

Be a man. Do it over text.

Facebook maybe? :)

Take her to a psychedilic tomato farm and trip out on the tomato man with 9 eyes.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PuGbRHOIW2E/SNaAGH9f_rI/AAAAAAAAAms/dgUbAiapurw/s400/BMSR_drippers.jpg

... Maybe on the 3rd date.

p.s. let's go Flyers!!

You best leave this thread :evil:

hollywood9826
06-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Just do what you want dude, dont try to be something youre not because most people see right through that shizzz.

Just be sure to update us when youre hitting skins bro.

Lakoste
06-04-2010, 06:56 PM

Uhhh, plenty of people regret the things they do.

Vyse
06-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Watch the movie Collateral, it will give you some motivation for this kind of thing and it is also one of the best movies ever

TennisNinja
06-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Just do it. Most girls are nice enough to say yes to a first date anyways.

BorisBeckerFan
06-04-2010, 07:58 PM
I am not here to rip you a new one but will say if you don't go after the things you want in life they probably won't come to you.

Justdoit10
06-04-2010, 07:59 PM
lol man. No worries. Im pretty bad at talking to girls as well. Im 18 as well. I just dont care anymore though.

You will learn next time. Keep your head up.

Dedans Penthouse
06-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Simple Winnipeg-a-babe: we men haven't learned to 'laugh' ...... with our eyes.

OrangeOne
06-04-2010, 08:13 PM

More useless advice from the school of Fedace.

To the OP - others have said it mate - take the Nike option next time and 'Just do it'. If she likes you too - great. If she doesn't - that's ok, if it's a decent friendship then it'll be fine, if it's not maybe it'll become one and you'll laugh it off in 10 year's time, or maybe you'll stay friends and date in a few year's time when you get to know each other. Of course, there is the one negative option that you both find things weird and don't stay mates, but that's the only negative option, and even then, there's about 3 billion other girls in the world to go meet :)

OrangeOne
06-04-2010, 08:14 PM
Simple Winnipeg-a-babe: we men haven't learned to 'laugh' ...... with our eyes.

Welcome to the DP school of how to use a bodypart for things other than it was intended to be used for?

Actually, now that I write it out like that, it's probably a school that I don't really want to attend :D

Fedace
06-04-2010, 08:15 PM

Egos, my canadian, egos.

WOWwwwwww. Talk about Ungreatful. i say Most of the people in this thread have been doing nothing but trying to help. The Request sounded Genuine from the Op. but i guess it was a twisted joke. If you continue with that Attitude, I sure hope she doesn't make the Mistake of saying Yes to You.:???::???: Sad

OrangeOne
06-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Ungreatful.

You're a medical student or similar, at an ivy league uni or similar, and you're ungreatful?

I find that somewhat greats.

Fedace
06-04-2010, 08:23 PM
You're a medical student or similar, at an ivy league uni or similar, and you're ungreatful?

I find that somewhat greats.

Were you exposed to agent Oragange ??

Sentinel
06-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Welcome to the club, man. Just remember you ain't alone in this.

jamesblakefan#1
06-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Sir, it happens to everyone, trust me. Women are confusing, no matter how much they say they aren't, they are.

You seem to already have a plan in place and are looking forward to your next opportunity; just don't get down on yourself, be natural, and it'll happen. Don't force it though. You'll manage it.

CanadianChic
06-04-2010, 08:53 PM
I am not full of myself, merely stating a fact. I cannot tell you how many guys I had thought had some potential who didn't ask me out, only to have them tell me later they had a crush on me but were too nervous. Too bad. I'm all for women making the first move and have done so myself once or twice, but the way I see it is if a man doesn't have the confidence to approach me he is probably lacking in other qualities I am interested in.

Again, suck it up, spit it out and take the plunge (yes, D I know I left myself wide open there). ;) The worst thing that can happen is she says no. No one dies. Life goes on. Judging from what I have seen of your personality on this forum, you have something to offer a lady and the right one will be thrilled you asked...in fact, she is possibly waiting for you to do so.

Fedace
06-04-2010, 09:03 PM
I am not full of myself, merely stating a fact. I cannot tell you how many guys I had thought had some potential who didn't ask me out, only to have them tell me later they had a crush on me but were too nervous. Too bad. I'm all for women making the first move and have done so myself once or twice, but the way I see it is if a man doesn't have the confidence to approach me he is probably lacking in other qualities I am interested in.

Again, suck it up, spit it out and take the plunge (yes, D I know I left myself wide open there). ;) The worst thing that can happen is she says no. No one dies. Life goes on. Judging from what I have seen of your personality on this forum, you have something to offer a lady and the right one will be thrilled you asked...in fact, she is possibly waiting for you to do so.

Why didn't you ask out those guys yourself instead of waiting for them to ask you ??

OrangeOne
06-04-2010, 09:04 PM

Hmm, you should send that para to Cosmo or Cleo or similar, they could write about 5 different articles, and you could use the money for appropriate time sitting on someone's couch while they use you as a case study for the 'effects of the post-feminism movement on dating' :p.

Again, suck it up, spit it out and take the plunge (yes, D I know I left myself wide open there). ;)

And to think that I was going to ask - based on the very start of your post, that you actually are full of yourself just as we all are, after all, if we're not full of ourselves.... who are we full of? And then, then I thought the better and went for the tasteful option :p. But now, now that you found the gutter I have decided to join you there.

Judging from what I have seen of your personality on this forum, you have something to offer a lady and the right one will be thrilled you asked...

Woah there Nelly!!! Don't go judging a person by there interwebness, it's how, well, I'm pretty sure that's how really bad things happen. And not bad like murder, bad like the universe decide that Justin Bieber and Britney should join forces and have a child!

OrangeOne
06-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Why didn't you ask out those guys yourself instead of waiting for them to ask you ??

Because she was away being Greatful.

West Coast Ace
06-04-2010, 09:10 PM
I have a friend that just did not care at all about getting rejected by girls in high school.The creed of the slimey guy in 'Fast Times At Ridgemont High'.

CanadianChic
06-04-2010, 09:12 PM

Already explained.

Hmm, you should send that para to Cosmo or Cleo or similar, they could write about 5 different articles, and you could use the money for appropriate time sitting on someone's couch while they use you as a case study for the 'effects of the post-feminism movement on dating' :p.

And to think that I was going to ask - based on the very start of your post, that you actually are full of yourself just as we all are, after all, if we're not full of ourselves.... who are we full of? And then, then I thought the better and went for the tasteful option :p. But now, now that you found the gutter I have decided to join you there.

Woah there Nelly!!! Don't go judging a person by there interwebness, it's how, well, I'm pretty sure that's how really bad things happen. And not bad like murder, bad like the universe decide that Justin Bieber and Britney should join forces and have a child!

Haha. Excellent response to my blither OO.

Tina
06-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Why not take a deep breath and approach her in a polite way? It works pretty well for me ^_^.

Fedace
06-04-2010, 09:14 PM
Why not take a deep breath and approach her in a polite way? It works pretty well for me ^_^.

but if too polite then the girl will think you are a Wuss and be turned off. :)

Tina
06-04-2010, 09:15 PM
Already explained.
Haha. Excellent response to my blither OO.

Hey CC, have you ever asked a guy out?

CanadianChic
06-04-2010, 09:18 PM

Come on Fedace. Even you must be aware there is more than one "type" of woman in the world and I don't know any female who considers a man with manners a "Wuss".

Yes.

Tina

I think it depends on personality and family value though. Personally, I prefer dating a gentleman:)

Fedace

If you are practically 100 % sure the guy likes you. and he is being a whimp about asking you first. would you just take the chance and ask the guy out ???? from my experience, the girls just won't take the chance even if they were pretty sure about the guy.

CanadianChic
06-04-2010, 09:19 PM
If you are practically 100 % sure the guy likes you. and he is being a whimp about asking you first. would you just take the chance and ask the guy out ???? from my experience, the girls just won't take the chance even if they were pretty sure about the guy.

Then the women from your experience lack confidence and esteem.

Tina
06-04-2010, 09:20 PM

CC, that's awesome. I have never asked a guy yet. Any advice from you?

CanadianChic
06-04-2010, 09:22 PM
CC, that's awesome. I have never asked a guy yet. Any advice from you?

If I am interested in someone and feel like asking him out (which admittedly hasn't happened that often) I simply ask if they feel like catching a movie sometime or going to dinner. The rest is up to them. :)

Tina
06-04-2010, 09:23 PM

The problem is I have no idea of whether the guy is afraid of asking me out or not. I should say I am insensitive woman. I get along with everyone. How do I know if the guy is interested in dating me? Any hints?

Tina
06-04-2010, 09:26 PM
If I am interested in someone and feel like asking him out (which admittedly hasn't happened that often) I simply ask if they feel like catching a movie sometime or going to dinner. The rest is up to them. :)

I see. Did you pay for meal or movie?

Davis937
06-04-2010, 09:56 PM
I'm in my late teens.Unfortunately i have huge confidence problems with girls.Something i will have for ever i guess.

No, it won't last forever ... my guess, you'll be having fun with the ladies as soon as you learn to feel more comfortable with them ... don't put a lot of pressure on yourself ... easy to say (... I know), but put yourself in an environment where you HAVE to interact with the ladies ... you know, church, a club, tennis court, etc. etc. ... be yourself ... relax ... try to like yourself ... your shyness is normall ... this is how bad I was ... for my Junior Prom I had a friend (female) ask her friend (... very pretty ... a little on the wild side ... hmmm ... actually very wild) to go with me ... I was SHOCKED ... she was willing to double date ... to make a long story short ... and this is TRUE ... I got a case of cold feet ... I was TERRIFIED of going with her ... this is embarrassing ... but when the three of them came to my house on prom night ... I hid in the bedroom and asked my Mom to tell them I was sick ... I know ... that was pretty low ... I was soooo scared of her, man ... I feel terrible even after all of these years ... I don't think anyone can top (... excusing the pun) the "lowness" of my actions ... she was very pretty ... anyway, it took me a few years (and a stint in the military) before I learned to relax and ENJOY the ladies ... the light went on in my head when it finally dawned on me that ladies "enjoy" men as much as we "enjoy" women, if you get my drift ... I just never thought of it that way before ... let me just say that I did not get married until I was 32 years old ... I was just having too much fun at the time to settle down ... relax ... your day(s) will come soon!

Davis937
06-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Watch the movie Collateral, it will give you some motivation for this kind of thing and it is also one of the best movies ever

Yeah, a great movie ... I really enjoyed it!

Sentinel
06-04-2010, 10:30 PM
"I haven't seen you around here."

"Yes, I just got out of jail for killing my wife."

"So you're single?"

OrangeOne
06-04-2010, 10:42 PM
No, it won't last forever ... my guess, you'll be having fun with the ladies as soon as you learn to feel more comfortable with them ... don't put a lot of pressure on yourself ... easy to say (... I know), but put yourself in an environment where you HAVE to interact with the ladies ... you know, church, a club, tennis court, etc. etc. ... be yourself ... relax ... try to like yourself ... your shyness is normall ... this is how bad I was ... for my Junior Prom I had a friend (female) ask her friend (... very pretty ... a little on the wild side ... hmmm ... actually very wild) to go with me ... I was SHOCKED ... she was willing to double date ... to make a long story short ... and this is TRUE ... I got a case of cold feet ... I was TERRIFIED of going with her ... this is embarrassing ... but when the three of them came to my house on prom night ... I hid in the bedroom and asked my Mom to tell them I was sick ... I know ... that was pretty low ... I was soooo scared of her, man ... I feel terrible even after all of these years ... I don't think anyone can top (... excusing the pun) the "lowness" of my actions ... she was very pretty ... anyway, it took me a few years (and a stint in the military) before I learned to relax and ENJOY the ladies ... the light went on in my head when it finally dawned on me that ladies "enjoy" men as much as we "enjoy" women, if you get my drift ... I just never thought of it that way before ... let me just say that I did not get married until I was 32 years old ... I was just having too much fun at the time to settle down ... relax ... your day(s) will come soon!

I'm truly ... glad ... you have ... had such ... a growing experience.

Maybe try using sentences for lesson 2.

Davis937
06-04-2010, 10:44 PM
"I haven't seen you around here."

"Yes, I just got out of jail for killing my wife."

"So you're single?"

LOL ... that was BAD, sentinel!!

Davis937
06-04-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm truly ... glad ... you have ... had such ... a growing experience.

Maybe try using sentences for lesson 2.

Thank ... you ... but ... my ... teacher ... says ... that ... I'm ... not ... quite ... ready ... for lesson .................. two .............. yet ............ and ................................................ I .................................. can't ............................................quite .................................................. .............................. figure out .................................................. ............................ YYYYYY ................... ** smile ** relax, man ... it's only a post ... we're not getting graded here, are we ... let it go ... life's too short.

Larrysümmers
06-04-2010, 10:50 PM
hey superfly, one thing i can tell you, cheesyness works. not like over cheesy. but use a cheesy pick up line jokingly. make idk why, but girls seem to like that cute boyish attitude.
this has helped me a lot the past couple years

Tina
06-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Thank ... you ... but ... my ... teacher ... says ... that ... I'm ... not ... quite ... ready ... for lesson .................. two .............. yet ............ and ................................................ I .................................. can't ............................................quite .................................................. .............................. figure out .................................................. ............................ YYYYYY ................... ** smile ** relax, man ... it's only a post ... we're not getting graded here, are we ... let it go ... life's too short.

Davis, I need some advice from you. How do I know if a guy is interested in asking me out but afraid of doing so...

OrangeOne
06-04-2010, 10:52 PM

Someone telling me to smile after I wrote a post designed partly to achieve exactly that.

Irony much?

Tina
06-04-2010, 10:53 PM

In addition to that, what's perception of guys for those girls who makes the first move?

Davis937
06-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Someone telling me to smile after I wrote a post designed partly to achieve exactly that.

Irony much?

that's cool ... I guess we're both smiling ...

Davis937
06-04-2010, 10:56 PM
In addition to that, what's perception of guys for those girls who makes the first move?

Hey, Tina ... what are you doing up so late? Thanks for FINALLY providing your three happy events ...

Davis937
06-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Tina ... hope you've been able to find some playing partners for this summer ... how is that going ... again, wish I were closer to you ... you sound very sweet and just a lot of fun!

OrangeOne
06-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Davis, I need some advice from you. How do I know if a guy is interested in asking me out but afraid of doing so...

I'm not davis, but:

Does he go out of his way to see you or talk to you?
Does he reply quickly to calls/texts/etc?
Does he laugh at jokes you make even if they're not funny?
Does he look at you when he thinks you're not looking?If he does any of those, that'd be a start!

Tina
06-04-2010, 11:00 PM
Hey, Tina ... what are you doing up so late? Thanks for FINALLY providing your three happy events ...

catch the cold. slept the whole afternoon.

OrangeOne
that's cool ... I guess we're both smiling ...

Indeed :).

And the three things thread (bazinga) was yours?

Nice work. I will post in that one when I get the time, I was impressed by it.

Davis937
To answer your question ... I still get pretty terrified when a lady makes the first move ... maybe I haven't quite gotten over my shyness ... no, seriously, yeah, it's pretty cool when the lady makes the first move ... but, I'm thinking it must be pretty difficult for a lady to do that unless she has a lot of self confidence or is pretty sure that the male is going to reciprocate the "interest" ... do you make this first move very often?

Davis937
06-04-2010, 11:02 PM
Tina ... hope I'm still in the running for maid of honor ... btw ... any interesting single guys been emailing you ... I hope I was able to generate some interest for you *smile*

Tina
06-04-2010, 11:02 PM
I'm not davis, but:

Does he go out of his way to see you or talk to you?
Does he reply quickly to calls/texts/etc?
Does he laugh at jokes you make even if they're not funny?
Does he look at you when he thinks you're not looking?If he does any of those, that'd be a start!

the problem is I have never met this guy in person. we have been interacting for six months via emails. any suggestions?

Davis937
06-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Indeed :).

And the three things thread (bazinga) was yours?

Nice work. I will post in that one when I get the time, I was impressed by it.

Hey, Orange ... yeah ... I was trying to generate a "positive" and happy thread ... please share when you have a chance ... btw ... I saw your thread on the women's final ... I am definitely going with Stosur ... we'll find out soon ... good hitting to you!

OrangeOne
06-04-2010, 11:05 PM
the problem is I have never met this guy in person. we have been interacting for six months via emails. any suggestions?

Re-read, Tina, 3 of the 4 things I wrote are applicable to an email relationship too.

That said, emailing for 6 months takes some level of commitment anyways, it's certainly a good start!

Tina
06-04-2010, 11:05 PM
To answer your question ... I still get pretty terrified when a lady makes the first move ... maybe I haven't quite gotten over my shyness ... no, seriously, yeah, it's pretty cool when the lady makes the first move ... but, I'm thinking it must be pretty difficult for a lady to do that unless she has a lot of self confidence or is pretty sure that the male is going to reciprocate the "interest" ... do you make this first move very often?

I have never made the first move

Tina ... hope I'm still in the running for maid of honor ... btw ... any interesting single guys been emailing you ... I hope I was able to generate some interest for you *smile*

NO. But there is a guy that I have been interacting with for six months via emails. I am a bit confused...

Davis937
06-04-2010, 11:09 PM
Hey Tina ... yeah, Orange provided some good cues to watch out for ... also, if he's been emailing you for six months I think he's very interested in you ... has he shared a picture with you yet ... I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling under the weather ... hope you're back on your feet soon (... I bet you're enjoying your HD TV, no?) ... so, do you like Stosur to win also?

Davis937
06-04-2010, 11:10 PM
I have never made the first move

NO. But there is a guy that I have been interacting with for six months via emails. I am a bit confused...

OK ... so, why are you confused ... is he giving you mixed signals?

keepurpowderdry
06-04-2010, 11:12 PM

patience is the key .. Just like in everything . patience rolls into looking cool also . Patience can allure her to wanting you , patience while you talk to her , patience while you are even asking her. Be calm relaxed and assertive, just like ceasar says on that dog whisperer show lol.. their are plenty of fish in the sea so remember that as you are talking to her. That should help a little with nerves. If she says no who cares. You just smile and say well who ever gets a date with you is very lucky , you are to pretty and smile confidently . She might change her mind.. I'm a guy you can take pointers from, I used to sell gym memberships and have talked rings around females !! bahahaha.. But then again the gym is just a big meat market ..

Tina
06-04-2010, 11:18 PM
Hey Tina ... yeah, Orange provided some good cues to watch out for ... also, if he's been emailing you for six months I think he's very interested in you ... has he shared a picture with you yet ... I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling under the weather ... hope you're back on your feet soon (... I bet you're enjoying your HD TV, no?) ... so, do you like Stosur to win also?

Yes, we exchanged the pix. I am really confused, Davis....:confused: I guess that's why I've caught the cold...

I love my HDTV so much. I think Selena will win 2010 french open.

Davis937
06-04-2010, 11:21 PM
Yes, we exchanged the pix. I am really confused, Davis....:confused: I guess that's why I've caught the cold...

I love my HDTV so much. I think Selena will win 2010 french open.

... yeah, romance gone bad can cause anyone to feel ill ... I'm still a little unclear ... why are you confused ... what has he done to confuse you ... sounds like he's definitely interested in you if you've been eamiling and if he sent you his picture ... does he still email you?

Tina
06-04-2010, 11:21 PM
OK ... so, why are you confused ... is he giving you mixed signals?

I don't know, Davis... I think so... It seems to me that he is interested but he is not willing to open his mind... I don't know..

Tina
06-04-2010, 11:27 PM
... yeah, romance gone bad can cause anyone to feel ill ... I'm still a little unclear ... why are you confused ... what has he done to confuse you ... sounds like he's definitely interested in you if you've been eamiling and if he sent you his picture ... does he still email you?

Davis, I am not comfortable to discuss detailed information about this here at TTW..............

Davis937
06-04-2010, 11:30 PM
I don't know, Davis... I think so... It seems to me that he is interested but he is not willing to open his mind... I don't know..

Well, Tina ... from this thread you've seen that we men can get awfully shy around women ... maybe you just need to be a little patient with him ... maybe he's just trying to find his way with you ... maybe he's worried about getting hurt ... maybe he's worried that you might not share his feelings ... maybe you should just ask him how he's feeling about you ... and ... how he wants to proceed with the relationship ... OK ... just answer one question ... does this young man play tennis (... and does he post on TW) ... sorry, two questions *smile*!!

Tina
06-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Well, Tina ... from this thread you've seen that we men can get awfully shy around women ... maybe you just need to be a little patient with him ... maybe he's just trying to find his way with you ... maybe he's worried about getting hurt ... maybe he's worried that you might not share his feelings ... maybe you should just ask him how he's feeling about you ... and ... how he wants to proceed with the relationship ... OK ... just answer one question ... does this young man play tennis (... and does he post on TW) ... sorry, two questions *smile*!!

Davis, I am not comfortable to discuss detailed information about this here at TTW..............

Davis937
06-04-2010, 11:37 PM

you're right ... no need to discuss this on an open thread ... sorry, I wasn't able to help you, Tina ... I think your spirits will pick up after you get rid of that nasty cold of yours ... take good care, OK!

OroDeSantoro
06-04-2010, 11:48 PM
5 pages of advice in a little over a day... good luck sorting through all of it OP :)

ayuname
06-04-2010, 11:53 PM
Just say, "Let's go baby." and drive off into the sunset.

Davis937
06-04-2010, 11:57 PM
Yeah, it must be a subject near and dear to our hearts ... a lot of so called experts on this thread ... but I have no doubt that you'll figure it all out for yourself ... we're counting on you ... let us know how "next week" works out (... I, for one, don't know how you're going to wait that long) ... I'm getting that nervous and damp hand feeling already ... yeah, take care of business and share with us ... Good luck to you and enjoy!

Larrysümmers
06-05-2010, 01:34 AM
this thread makes me think of First Date by Blink-182

NickH87
06-05-2010, 07:59 AM
This thread is littered with horrible advice, but theres some good in here.

First things first you lack confidence right now, it sucks but that can change. You want to know how? When you muster up the balls next week and go ask this girl on a date and she will say yes. Inside you will be happy and over joyed. Then you will think to yourself, wow that was easy and you will realized your fear of rejection is a load ****.

orangettecoleman
06-05-2010, 08:14 AM
Look at it this way - if you're a decent guy and treat girls well, it's your responsibility to ask a girl out if you're interested in her so she won't end up with some jerk. Girls get asked out all the time by scummy guys who just want to get laid, so if you're a nice guy as well you're doing them a favor by asking them out. If she still wants to date jerks, then her loss, you know? And anyway, if a girl isn't interested in you, it doesn't really matter so don't take it personally. It's only a big deal if you make it a big deal.

SuperFly
06-05-2010, 08:43 AM
Woah, overnight this thread got about 70 more replies. The mods should sticky this for the lulz. :)

WOWwwwwww. Talk about Ungreatful. i say Most of the people in this thread have been doing nothing but trying to help. The Request sounded Genuine from the Op. but i guess it was a twisted joke. If you continue with that Attitude, I sure hope she doesn't make the Mistake of saying Yes to You.:???::???: Sad

What? I'm sorry I'm not taking everyone's advice considering that I originally said that they can rip on me if they wanted to. I honestly feel like crap for not asking her the first time and you come in here saying that I was just messing with everyone? I appreciate your advice and concern (and I appreciate everyone else's), but it doesn't mean I have to put it into action. It's called "no thank you." Don't get your knickers in a bunch.

decades
06-05-2010, 08:46 AM
my other post was deleted by mods but it was actually quite serious. men who use porn a lot, and who don't retain certain vital fluids, especially men with some social anxiety issues, lack confidence when it comes to their social and dating lives. It has to do with testosterone and energy levels. It has been well documented that some abstention is extremely helpful in reversing social anxiety issues. a good resource is reuniting dot info.

SuperFly
06-05-2010, 09:15 AM
my other post was deleted by mods but it was actually quite serious. men who use porn a lot, and who don't retain certain vital fluids, especially men with some social anxiety issues, lack confidence when it comes to their social and dating lives. It has to do with testosterone and energy levels. It has been well documented that some abstention is extremely helpful in reversing social anxiety issues. a good resource is reuniting dot info.

http://i44.tinypic.com/esw49d.jpg

dropshot winner
06-05-2010, 09:15 AM
I'm in a similiar situation like the OP, just that in my case it's even more complicated.

There's this one girl I've hopelessly fallen for (22 yrs). I know her for about a month as she shares an appartement with some friends of mine.

As said, it's very complicated. She got hurt badly in her last relationship just a few weeks ago and it's incredible what kind of blow fate has dealt her before that (she's half-orphan and her other parent is of the worst kind). Yet she's the kind of person that always has a smile on her face without being fake, never shows a trace of self-pity, and is very open. She told me about about many of the worst lows of her life in the first real discussion we had two weeks ago. I got a similiar family background, although not nearly as drastic, as I've got it great with the remaining part of my family. I feel we got that connection between us, but so far solely on a amicable base.

Since that first discussion I saw her about 4-5 times, every time she was either not alone, someone interupted before I got even close to tell her or I got doubts because I didn't want to destroy our friendship, unfortunately I also tend to chicken out when it comes to eye-contacts.

On top of her amazing personally she's also really cute (on a superficial scale definately out of my league) and gets hit on all the time by idiots, so far she never fell for any of them. By all means I want to avoid to appear like one of them.

Because of her family background she never got to attend a open air festival and the one she wanted to go this year she didn't find friends to come along for the full weekend. So I promised her to accompany her, including handshake. This festival will be taking place mid-July.

I'm really in a dilema now.

Should I tell her in advance about my feelings or should I wait until we're there when we'll definatly be undisturbed?

I don't want to make the impression that I accompony her for "lower motives" and ruin her first open air festival as a result. I rather keep her as a friend that have her than have her think low of me, but I don't think I could handle it if she'd find another bf in the meantime (especially if he's going to break her heart).

I got no idea what to do except doing lots of sport to avoid getting insane...

malakas
06-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Keep talking to her,sms with her talk to the phone every day,go out for coffee and stuff and out in the night have fun together don't just wait until that festival and slowly develop your relationship to a "friendship".She just got out of a bad relationship so if you just right now tell her your emotions I am not very optimistic.That's my opinion.

NickH87
06-05-2010, 09:26 AM
I'm in a similiar situation like the OP, just that in my case it's even more complicated.

There's this one girl I've hopelessly fallen for (22 yrs). I know her for about a month as she shares an appartement with some friends of mine.

As said, it's very complicated. She got hurt badly in her last relationship just a few weeks ago and it's incredible what kind of blow fate has dealt her before that (she's half-orphan and her other parent is of the worst kind). Yet she's the kind of person that always has a smile on her face without being fake, never shows a trace of self-pity, and is very open. She told me about about many of the worst lows of her life in the first real discussion we had two weeks ago. I got a similiar family background, although not nearly as drastic, as I've got it great with the remaining part of my family. I feel we got that connection between us, but so far solely on a amicable base.

Since that first discussion I saw her about 4-5 times, every time she was either not alone, someone interupted before I got even close to tell her or I got doubts because I didn't want to destroy our friendship, unfortunately I also tend to chicken out when it comes to eye-contacts.

On top of her amazing personally she's also really cute (on a superficial scale definately out of my league) and gets hit on all the time by idiots, so far she never fell for any of them. By all means I want to avoid to appear like one of them.

Because of her family background she never got to attend a open air festival and the one she wanted to go this year she didn't find friends to come along for the full weekend. So I promised her to accompany her, including handshake. This festival will be taking place mid-July.

Should I tell her in advance about my feelings or should I wait until we're there when we'll definatly be undisturbed?

I don't want to make the impression that I accompony her for "lower motives" and ruin her first open air festival as a result. I rather keep her as a friend that have her than have her think low of me, but I don't think I could handle it if she'd find another bf in the meantime (especially if he's going to break her heart).

Tell her what you just told us and do it before this festival because if you do it there and thing dont go your way, its probably going to be a bit awkward at first.

decades
06-05-2010, 09:45 AM

you need to become one of those idiots otherwise she is going to see you as one of her "girlfriends" and she will confess to you about all these hot guys who are hitting on her...you're too nice and proper.

malakas
06-05-2010, 09:46 AM
you need to become one of those idiots otherwise she is going to see you as one of her "girlfriends"...

no it depends on the girl.iF he becomes one of the idiots,at the point she is right now,the most probable is she doesn't want another idiot to feel the space.But I don't know her.

NickH87
06-05-2010, 09:47 AM
you need to become one of those idiots otherwise she is going to see you as one of her "girlfriends"...

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae337/19NickH87/Gifs/dgns3l.gif

You have no clue

Mansewerz
06-05-2010, 09:52 AM
;4730792']Lol funny thread. Definately ask her, but try to do it in an unakward way. Like when you're hanging out or something ask her, not while she is busy with something.

And I know it was a joke but never ask someone out over text/computer. This girl who I was kinda in to had her friend ask me out over AIM but I said no cause I thought it was one of those "what if" questions girls always ask. Whoops.

I don't see what's wrong about asking to hang out over text, especially if that's usually the main way you communicate. But maybe an actual date should be in person?

Egos, my canadian, egos.

You asked me and the guys down the the Illinois HS thread to hook you up. GTFO :evil:

Facebook maybe? :)

... Maybe on the 3rd date.

You're not alone man :D Just try and have some confidence. I'm prob not the best guy to give advice haha

Kobble
06-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Sometimes, I think the fear stems deeper than simply being afraid of women in general. I think listening to your intuition concerning the awkwardness of the situation may be a huge tell tale sign that you are headed in the wrong direction. I've dodged some disaster women (or just blame it on the matchup) in my life by listening to this. Last person I was seriously attracted to, things just seemed to work, no real social anxiety, no second guessing. Only problem, she was married. Oddly enough, though, we share a few key interests that we didn't even discuss before.

I'm not saying my judgements are always spot on, and I have indeed chickened out. I just believe with experience you will be able to tell when you are chickening out, and when you are just avoiding bad things. It is like getting used to spotting a con-artist or ripoff vs. a good deal. Dating takes the same. I simply wouldn't kick myself for not approaching some reasonably attractive person just for the idea of cheap sex, when you feel doubtful of their character.

decades
06-05-2010, 11:46 AM
http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae337/19NickH87/Gifs/dgns3l.gif

You have no clue

You have no clue

Really and how is being the "nice guy" gentleman, who puts all the females you "worship" from afar, up on pedestals, workin out for yahhh? please be honest..

maverick66
06-05-2010, 01:00 PM
I don't see what's wrong about asking to hang out over text, especially if that's usually the main way you communicate. But maybe an actual date should be in person?

To me it seems lazy. If a girl texted me for a first date I wouldnt be to thrilled as all it took was a phone call and you couldnt be bothered. A text is just so impersonal that it seems like you just kind of thought you had nothing better to do so you asked someone out.

Kobble
06-05-2010, 02:40 PM
You have no clue

Really and how is being the "nice guy" gentleman, who puts all the females you "worship" from afar, up on pedestals, workin out for yahhh? please be honest..
You can have respect for women without being an overly gracious stiff. Problem is, when you are a kid, jerky comes off as in control and daring. As an adult, it comes off as insecure and emotionally weak. People who act like that tend to overrate their talents (if they have any), and wind up with a mess of a life. In my experience, the only women who want idiots are schemers, or idiots. If you want a woman who schemes against you, or a mental case, then being an idiot is for you.

decades
06-05-2010, 02:54 PM
You can have respect for women without being an overly gracious stiff. Problem is, when you are a kid, jerky comes off as in control and daring. As an adult, it comes off as insecure and emotionally weak. People who act like that tend to overrate their talents (if they have any), and wind up with a mess of a life. In my experience, the only women who want idiots are schemers, or idiots. If you want a woman who schemes against you, or a mental case, then being an idiot is for you.

We don't really know why he called them idiots. My guess is this guy worships this woman and observes how she interacts with other men. these "idiots" probably simply have demonstrated the cajones to go up his "girl" and tell her they like her, that she's cute and sexy, and they want to go out with her. Or they are teasing her and acting cocky and confident in her presence. They are "crass" and "rude" and expressing their masculine desires unapologetically. This probably makes them idiots and "Neanderthals" in his eyes.

However, I can almost guarantee you she gets more exicited by these "idiots", than she does by the thought of her "knight in shining armor", cowering in the corner over there, wishing to protect her honor.

NickH87
06-05-2010, 03:59 PM
You have no clue

Please go back and read my post directed to the OP, I dont know where you got that from. Being a nice guy and a pushover is two different things. If you thing being an ******* to women is going to get you laid, it probably will but thats not the point. The OP is not an ******* and he doesnt need to put on a front like he is.

ronalditop
06-05-2010, 04:47 PM
We don't really know why he called them idiots. My guess is this guy worships this woman and observes how she interacts with other men. these "idiots" probably simply have demonstrated the cajones to go up his "girl" and tell her they like her, that she's cute and sexy, and they want to go out with her. Or they are teasing her and acting cocky and confident in her presence. They are "crass" and "rude" and expressing their masculine desires unapologetically. This probably makes them idiots and "Neanderthals" in his eyes.

However, I can almost guarantee you she gets more exicited by these "idiots", than she does by the thought of her "knight in shining armor", cowering in the corner over there, wishing to protect her honor.

It's actually 'cojones'. 'Cajones' means 'drawers'.

SuperFly
06-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Why did this thread go into flame war mode? :???:

maverick66
06-05-2010, 05:16 PM
Why did this thread go into flame war mode? :???:

because some guys think to get girls you have to be a jerk. Some guys think the best way to meet the right girl is to be nice and respectful. What they fail to realise is that there is no one great way to do so. My way was always to just start talking. Could be about just about anything but be friendly and just talk. If you treat a woman like **** she may or may not sleep with you but she wont be happy and that sucks.

NickH87
06-05-2010, 05:29 PM
because some guys think to get girls you have to be a jerk. Some guys think the best way to meet the right girl is to be nice and respectful. What they fail to realise is that there is no one great way to do so. My way was always to just start talking. Could be about just about anything but be friendly and just talk. If you treat a woman like **** she may or may not sleep with you but she wont be happy and that sucks.

Yeah basically. Some people think you need pickup lines, some people thing you need to buy girls flowers.

It doesnt even matter what you say as long as you say something that doesnt make you seem like a DB on your first impression. Find what works for you and stick with it. A simple "hi whats your name" > your favorite pickup line.

Steady Eddy
06-05-2010, 05:38 PM

That reply spells the death of that old bromide.

And if you get shot down, then you'll wish you hadn't asked. So do some evaluation first. I'm assuming this is an attractive girl who lots of guys want? Then, what's special about you? Are you: extremely popular, big jock, rich? If it's, "Well, I'm just this really nice, considerate, guy if you get to know me." Sorry, but that's probably not enough. I know, that sucks, but this is reality. In the movies a nobody guy can get the beautiful girl 'cause he's a 'nice guy', but that fantasy is what makes those movies popular with guys.

Here's what you should do: become rich, (say be a doctor, or surgeon). Hold off getting committed until you're really set up. Then you'll have your pick of women. At this time, if you have to wonder, that probably spells bad news right there. But if you can set goals, your time will come. Later, when the high school jocks are working at their miserable jobs, you'll do much better than them. In adult life, brains and education count much more than playing silly games. So for now, keep your options open and hit the books.

Hot Sauce
06-05-2010, 05:53 PM

Cooties!

ccmasterk
06-05-2010, 05:54 PM
The worst thing that can happen is she says no. No one dies. Life goes on. J

Not really, she could be like "Hell no!" and make fun of him and never speak to him again.

Steady Eddy
06-05-2010, 06:01 PM
You said your next chance is next week, so ask her next week. Why do men fear us? lol.Because women are the bosses of the world, and men are the slaves. Haven't you been paying attention?

NickH87
06-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Not really, she could be like "Hell no!" and make fun of him and never speak to him again.

Thats not going to happen in this situation based on what he wrote.

OrangeOne
06-05-2010, 06:04 PM

a. Still, life goes on, nothing risked, nothing gained.
b. What you've said actually rarely happens anyways
c. And if it does, the girl isn't worth wasting the energy to ever think about again!

NickH87
06-05-2010, 06:05 PM
c. And if it does, the girl isn't worth wasting the energy to ever think about again!

http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae337/19NickH87/Gifs/15wgbcy.gif

OrangeOne
06-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Yeah basically. Some people think you need pickup lines, some people thing you need to buy girls flowers.

It doesnt even matter what you say as long as you say something that doesnt make you seem like a DB on your first impression. Find what works for you and stick with it. A simple "hi whats your name" > your favorite pickup line.

Fair call.

I prefer the "Hi, I'm XXXX, what's your name?" variant, but any-which-way, it doesn't matter.

Then, ask questions, and actually listen and process the answers!

OrangeOne
06-05-2010, 06:10 PM
http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae337/19NickH87/Gifs/15wgbcy.gif

Lol, nice :) And I'll stop now, as we both has a bit of cross-post-appreciation going on there....

SuperFly
06-05-2010, 06:31 PM
I've created a monster, haven't I?

Steady Eddy
06-05-2010, 06:32 PM

Lol, nice :) And I'll stop now, as we both has a bit of cross-post-appreciation going on there....Yes, and Superfly be warned! Just as Persians should be wary of Greeks bearing gifts, you should be wary of adults who sound like an ABC Afterschool Special. When we talk to younger people, we just can't help it, we tend to give 'feel good' advice. In this case, like there's nothing to lose, but there is. That alone, doesn't mean, "don't ask", but it's easier to say 'go for it' if it's someone else putting themselves out there.

I think you should trust your gut. It told you not to try, that's probably the right move now. Wait until you're in a better position and then make your move. Get a reputation as a guy who gets what he goes for. It hurts your image to get turned down. What girl will want some other girl's rejects?

maverick66
06-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Fair call.

I prefer the "Hi, I'm XXXX, what's your name?" variant, but any-which-way, it doesn't matter.

Then, ask questions, and actually listen and process the answers!

It really is that simple. I dont know why guys bother with cheesy lines and all that crap. Saying hi should be sufficent to start a conversation. If you cant have a conversation past whats your name with a girl you are after the wrong girl for you.

Yes, and Superfly be warned! Just as Persians should be wary of Greeks bearing gifts, you should be wary of adults who sound like an ABC Afterschool Special. When we talk to younger people, we just can't help it, we tend to give 'feel good' advice. In this case, like there's nothing to lose, but there is. That alone, doesn't mean, "don't ask", but it's easier to say 'go for it' if it's someone else putting themselves out there.
Its not that i want to give feel good advice its just I have been 15 and didnt really know what I was doing when it came to talking to women. No matter what people tell you its gonna be akward and odd but its not really that bad. I have been there and laugh at myself for thinking it was something more than what it was. At 15 all you are doing is learning how to date. Its not even real dating its a practice run for when you get older.

djokovicgonzalez2010
06-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Just throw away your manhood altogether and let her ask you.
My current GF asked me out...

NickH87
06-05-2010, 08:09 PM
It really is that simple. I dont know why guys bother with cheesy lines and all that crap. Saying hi should be sufficent to start a conversation. If you cant have a conversation past whats your name with a girl you are after the wrong girl for you.

Its not that i want to give feel good advice its just I have been 15 and didnt really know what I was doing when it came to talking to women. No matter what people tell you its gonna be akward and odd but its not really that bad. I have been there and laugh at myself for thinking it was something more than what it was. At 15 all you are doing is learning how to date. Its not even real dating its a practice run for when you get older.

Yup, thats all it is. I am 22. Have gone through high school and pretty much done with college. You learn so much throughout the ages 15-21, basically high school and college that you would wish you could go back with what you know because your dating life would be so much different. Sure you can read the advice that we give you, but it really doesnt mean anything unless you go out and do it yourself, create your own experience, and realize that your failures with girls are just learning experiences so that in the future you can be ready to talk to a girl, get into a real long term relationship, settle down, and have a family.

Kobble
06-05-2010, 09:00 PM

However, I can almost guarantee you she gets more exicited by these "idiots", than she does by the thought of her "knight in shining armor", cowering in the corner over there, wishing to protect her honor.You paint a funny picture, dude. Especially, the last part about protecting her honor. LOL...People who think about social purity are usually bonkers. Like Holden, or whoever that character was from Catcher in the Rye.

I will say that I personally don't like some men's actions. I know there are some women who dig it, I think. But I can't stand being around men grabbing at their crotch saying crap like "I need to get some p----, man." One guy who said something like that was married. I never understood why some women go for this. Maybe, they don't know who they really are, but that is very doubtful. But I had a epiphany at one point, and it made it all clear to me. I saw a beetle collecting s--t on tv. The dung beetle. I said, damn, there is something for everything.

Kobble
06-05-2010, 09:16 PM

And if you get shot down, then you'll wish you hadn't asked. So do some evaluation first. I'm assuming this is an attractive girl who lots of guys want? Then, what's special about you? Are you: extremely popular, big jock, rich? If it's, "Well, I'm just this really nice, considerate, guy if you get to know me." Sorry, but that's probably not enough. I know, that sucks, but this is reality. In the movies a nobody guy can get the beautiful girl 'cause he's a 'nice guy', but that fantasy is what makes those movies popular with guys.

Here's what you should do: become rich, (say be a doctor, or surgeon). Hold off getting committed until you're really set up. Then you'll have your pick of women. At this time, if you have to wonder, that probably spells bad news right there. But if you can set goals, your time will come. Later, when the high school jocks are working at their miserable jobs, you'll do much better than them. In adult life, brains and education count much more than playing silly games. So for now, keep your options open and hit the books.Become rich and you are the target for every golddigging *****. Women who have a hooker's mentality are a god damn poison. That is one reason I don't envy celebrities. I would never tell a girl that I make more than a comfortable living. Meet a nice girl in college is my best advice for anyone.

CanadianChic
06-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Become rich and you are the target for every golddigging *****. Women who have a hooker's mentality are a god damn poison. That is one reason I don't envy celebrities. I would never tell a girl that I make more than a comfortable living. Meet a nice girl in college is my best advice for anyone.

Ouch! Are you speaking from personal experience on this or did you read an article somewhere? ;)

Chopin
06-05-2010, 10:29 PM
SuperFly, my boy, it is I, Chopin, to the rescue. I stumbled into this thread by a twist of fate (kind of like how the hero in a Western stumbles into the saloon after arriving in town after a long journey). And, believe me, my arrival can only mean good things for you and your romantic endeavors. What follows are a few strategies, some of which have been successfully employed by yours truly, Chopin.

1) Stage a fake James Bond scene to highlight your manliness. I’d recommend using the opening of “Diamonds Are Forever” as a model. Have one of your friends play Bond’s (your) pawn. Knock him on the ground and demand to know where “Ernst Stavro Blofeld” is with a cool Sean Connery type delivery. The girl will not only be impressed with your skills, but also intrigued that you’re sophisticated enough to know someone named Ernst Stavro Blofeld.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hct75nr-WUc

Oh, don’t start choking the girl like in the clip though.

2) Adopt a slight British accent around the girl, taking extra care to shift your intonation to the pleasant British style when asking questions. Be sure to add a “no?” at the end of sentences. “You and I will go play tennis together, no?” This will convince the girl that you have a hidden European charm to compliment your rugged James Bond manliness. In addition, she'll be so thrown off by the sudden "no?" at the end of the sentence that she won't know how to respond. True story: after dating a beautiful European girl, I, too, started using “no?” at the end of my sentences, and still do to this day. It’s simply become part of me, and girls do like it. The girl will slowly become convinced of your interesting and unique heritage, and you’ll cement it by adopting a full-blown English schoolboy accent and using “quant” and “brilliant” frequently, all the while acting as if it’s the most natural thing in the world. Remember, practice makes perfect.

3) Invite her to watch you play a tennis match against a nobody. Be sure to hype the match up, and be sure that your opponent arrives with a giant racquet bag with at least 5 frames, wear all-white full tennis attire and jumps around before the match like Nadal. Then proceed to beat him 6-0 without lacing up your shoes and playing with a wooden racquet. Be sure your opponent quits after one set so she doesn’t get bored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUaMzsNKR7Q

Best,
Chopin

malakas
06-05-2010, 10:45 PM
True story: after dating a beautiful European girl, I, too, started using “no?” at the end of my sentences, and still do to this day.

Best,
Chopin

you dated Rafa's sister?:confused: :p

OrangeOne
06-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Get a reputation as a guy who gets what he goes for. It hurts your image to get turned down. What girl will want some other girl's rejects?

What utter crap. Everyone who has dated more than one person is someone's reject!

Image? Please. People who spend time worrying about their image need to live more.

Chopin
06-05-2010, 11:13 PM

Tina,

I’m not the best person to write on this, but my intuition says that this kind of guy is probably trouble. He's probably a home-wrecker, womanizer, and maybe even a dangerous spy, so it would be probably be best to just walk away. He’s probably used to women making the first move on him, or at least implying they want him to make the first move and is somewhat arrogant. You sound like a somewhat conservative, down to earth, nice lady, while this character you're describing sounds like trouble. I doubt he shares your values, as dashing as he might seem. He’s a dangerous floater in a tennis draw, always waiting to pick off a #1 seed. My advice would be to walk away the winner in this one.

I suspect that a women of your charisma and education would have little difficulty finding men in the real world.

Best,
Chopin

Kobble
06-05-2010, 11:34 PM
Ouch! Are you speaking from personal experience on this or did you read an article somewhere? ;)I've just seen these type of women in action.

dave333
06-06-2010, 06:19 AM
Always be aware of the friend zone when spending a long time with a girl before making a move. I made that mistake; I regret it immensely.

Tina
06-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Tina,

I’m not the best person to write on this, but my intuition says that this kind of guy is probably trouble.

Best,
Chopin

Dear Chopin,

Thank you for your response. I disagreed with your perception about him- he is not a trouble maker at all. He is a lovely, caring, and lighthearted person with a little aggressive personality (quite charming:)). Because of my tight schedule, I am trying to sort things out in an organized way. I don’t mind making the first move when the moment is right. But, I want to make a perfect and wise move. Hence. I seek some advice on this. I guess it’s pretty normal to have a little disagreement about life when two strangers become friends at the beginning stage. Honestly, my schedule doesn’t allow me date around in a real life. Really, thank you for your concern.

Tina

Tina
06-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Go with the flow, Superfly. Be polite and honest to yourself and her!! All the best. -T

Steady Eddy
06-06-2010, 10:02 AM
2) Adopt a slight British accent around the girl, taking extra care to shift your intonation to the pleasant British style when asking questions. Be sure to add a “no?” at the end of sentences. “You and I will go play tennis together, no?”:)

What utter crap. Everyone who has dated more than one person is someone's reject!

Image? Please. People who spend time worrying about their image need to live more."Utter crap?" you couldn't say that you respectfully disagree? Anyway, if we think about how things are instead of how we wish they were, it's clear that image does matter. (Think of the image of being an alpha male, as opposed to the beta. I've had girls who I've dated tell me that at the time they met me, I seemed 'in charge' of the others, and they liked that.) If you ask a girl to dance at a club and get rejected, maybe go to a new club? The guy who is seen getting rejected over and over isn't doing himself any favors. It works that way for job-hunting too. No one wants someone who no one else wants. I've seen guys hit on one girl, get rejected, then trying going for her friend. Never works! "Hey, you're my second pick, and you, uh, you're my third."

Don't get me wrong. Don't be the cocky, a-hole guy, be true to yourself. But just make a good presentation of yourself, that's all. Don't be the guy who in the movies is only the friend of the leading man. Don't be, side-kick guy.

Autodidactic player
06-06-2010, 10:16 AM

OK, I'm well past my dating age so give this whatever weight you think it deserves. Back when I used to date I had a friend that would ask out any girl that was even a little interesting to him. He got turned down a lot but also got way more "dates" that the rest of us combined. He used to say that if one in three girls said yes he was batting .333 and in baseball that would get him in the hall of fame. Anyway, the point is: get up your courage and ask this girl out before all you have left is memories of how your friend got all the dates!

Tina
06-06-2010, 10:18 AM
OK, I'm well past my dating age so give this whatever weight you think it deserves. Back when I used to date I had a friend that would ask out any girl that was even a little interesting to him. He got turned down a lot but also got way more "dates" that the rest of us combined. He used to say that if one in three girls said yes he was batting .333 and in baseball that would get him in the hall of fame. Anyway, the point is: get up your courage and ask this girl out before all you have left is memories of how your friend got all the dates!

I love this one. Hey, auto, any suggestions for girls?

Legend of Borg
06-06-2010, 10:27 AM
:)

"Utter crap?" you couldn't say that you respectfully disagree? Anyway, if we think about how things are instead of how we wish they were, it's clear that image does matter. (Think of the image of being an alpha male, as opposed to the beta. I've had girls who I've dated tell me that at the time they met me, I seemed 'in charge' of the others, and they liked that.) If you ask a girl to dance at a club and get rejected, maybe go to a new club? The guy who is seen getting rejected over and over isn't doing himself any favors. It works that way for job-hunting too. No one wants someone who no one else wants. I've seen guys hit on one girl, get rejected, then trying going for her friend. Never works! "Hey, you're my second pick, and you, uh, you're my third."

Don't get me wrong. Don't be the cocky, a-hole guy, be true to yourself. But just make a good presentation of yourself, that's all. Don't be the guy who in the movies is only the friend of the leading man. Don't be, side-kick guy.

Eddy, seeing the phrases "alpha/beta male" being used makes me cringe. I don't think such labels should be used on humans who are vastly more complex than animal such as wolves. It sounds primitive and degrading and I would much appreciate it if such terminology is avoided when human relationships are discussed. Thanks.

Tina
06-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Eddy, seeing the phrases "alpha/beta male" being used makes me cringe. I don't think such labels should be used on humans who are vastly more complex than animal such as wolves. It sounds primitive and degrading and I would much appreciate it if such terminology is avoided when human relationships are discussed. Thanks.

Agreed. That's a good statement.:)

Legend of Borg
06-06-2010, 10:35 AM
Agreed. That's a good statement.:)

It just seems like a step back to caveman times when superiority was displayed through physical force. Certainly not a direction humans want to head to.

Autodidactic player
06-06-2010, 10:37 AM

About 15 years ago my daughter asked me the same question. Since I wanted her first date and my first social security check to come the same day, I told her "don't worry, you're beautiful, boys will be knocking down the door soon." Well, much to my dismay, this turned out to be true! I'm guessing the same will be true for you but if you can't wait, it is 2010 - find the right guy and let him know you're interested.

Tina
06-06-2010, 10:38 AM
It just seems like a step back to caveman times when superiority was displayed through physical force. Certainly not a direction humans want to head to.

You bet, legend of borg. I heard you are a very knowledge poster. How long have you been playing tennis (If you don't mind answering)?

Tina
06-06-2010, 10:41 AM
About 15 years ago my daughter asked me the same question. Since I wanted her first date and my first social security check to come the same day, I told her "don't worry, you're beautiful, boys will be knocking down the door soon." Well, much to my dismay, this turned out to be true! I'm guessing the same will be true for you but if you can't wait, it is 2010 - find the right guy and let him know you're interested.

Thanks for advice. Have a great day!! -Tina

Legend of Borg
06-06-2010, 10:41 AM
You bet, legend of borg. I heard you are a very knowledge poster. How long have you been playing tennis (If you don't mind answering)?

Started playing in the summer of 2007 with the guy in my avatar as my inspiration. I've idolized him since. :)

Tina
06-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Started playing in the summer of 2007 with the guy in my avatar as my inspiration.

Seriously, you played with Borg in summer, 2007. That's awesome!! I just started learning this sport six months ago.

Legend of Borg
06-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Seriously, you played with Borg in summer, 2007. That's awesome!! I just started learning this sport six months ago.

No, I wish. :) I meant Borg was my inspiration to start playing tennis. His nickname "Ice-Borg" is well deserved.

Tina
06-06-2010, 10:49 AM
No, I wish. :) I meant Borg was my inspiration to start playing tennis. His nickname "Ice-Borg" is well deserved.

I see. How's the weather in England? Are you here at TTW often?

Legend of Borg
06-06-2010, 10:53 AM
I see. How's the weather in England? Are you here at TTW often?

It's been decent but not surprisingly, the forecast predicts rain showers. As for visiting TW, I only do it during ceasefire between various troll factions.:lol:

Tina
06-06-2010, 10:56 AM
It's been decent but not surprisingly, the forecast predicts rain showers. As for visiting TW, I only do it during ceasefire between various troll factions.:lol:

I see. I think England is a beautiful place to visit. Any suggestions for the best season to travel there?

Legend of Borg
06-06-2010, 11:00 AM
I see. I think England is a beautiful place to visit. Any suggestions for the best season to travel there?

Gee, I'm not a travel agent and I've only been in this country for an year, but summer especially around Wimbledon would be my pick. In fact, I plan on purchasing ground passes for this year's Wimbledon. Should be fun. :)

Tina
06-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Gee, I'm not a travel agent and I've only been in this country for an year, but summer especially around Wimbledon would be my pick. In fact, I plan on purchasing ground passes for this year's Wimbledon. Should be fun. :)

Could you order the ticket online?

Legend of Borg
06-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Could you order the ticket online?

You can enter a ballot in August and have the chance to win tickets. According to their website, tickets sold online are illegal.

Tina
06-06-2010, 11:11 AM
You can enter a ballot in August and have the chance to win tickets. According to their website, tickets sold online are illegal.

Do you know the website or information on a ballot?

Legend of Borg
06-06-2010, 11:15 AM
Do you know the website or information on a ballot?

Click on tickets in the violet bar on the screen.

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/index.html

Tina
06-06-2010, 11:18 AM
Click on tickets in the violet bar on the screen.

http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/index.html

It shows "PAYING FOR PUBLIC BALLOT TICKETS". Everyone must pay for it. Please check.

Legend of Borg
06-06-2010, 11:21 AM
It shows "PAYING FOR PUBLIC BALLOT TICKETS". Everyone must pay for it. Please check.

That's only if you are a successful public ballot applicant. I did not enter in August of 09, so no tickets for me. :-?

Tina
06-06-2010, 11:23 AM
That's only if you are a successful public ballot applicant. I did not enter in August of 09, so no tickets for me. :-?

That means I don't have a chance to win the ticket too?

Legend of Borg
06-06-2010, 11:25 AM
That means I don't have a chance to win the ticket too?

You have a chance to win tickets for Wimbledon 2011 if you enter in August of this year. You can still purchase ground passes if you queue up early enough.

Tina
06-06-2010, 11:31 AM
You have a chance to win tickets for Wimbledon 2011 if you enter in August of this year. You can still purchase ground passes if you queue up early enough.

That sounds great. I really want to visit England:). Thanks for Info, Legend of Borg. It rains heavily here in GA, USA. Have a blessing day! -Tina

Legend of Borg
06-06-2010, 11:32 AM
That sounds great. I really want to visit England:). Thanks for Info, Legend of Borg. It rains heavily here in GA, USA. Have a blessing day! -Tina

No problem, Tina. Later! :)

Steady Eddy
06-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Eddy, seeing the phrases "alpha/beta male" being used makes me cringe. I don't think such labels should be used on humans who are vastly more complex than animal such as wolves. It sounds primitive and degrading and I would much appreciate it if such terminology is avoided when human relationships are discussed. Thanks.Yeah but...here's a link about this that you might find interesting.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201002/the-savanna-principle
The "Scientific Fundamentalist" discusses the "Savanna Principle". That principle states that our brains evolved when we used to live in the African Savanna. In the last 10,000 years, how we live has greatly changed, but our brains haven't been able to keep up. Our brains are still adapted to live in extended clans of about 150 people.

He calls himself the scientific fundamentalist because he believes that the scientists only duty is to discover and report the truth. And the truth might not always be politically correct. Yes, we're more complex than wolves, but in many ways our civilized personalities are superficial and cover a more primitive person underneath. I'll gladly not use the offending terminology if you can demonstrate that the evidence is weak. If your position is that the evidence is compelling, but you just don't like it, then, sorry, no can do.

Legend of Borg
06-06-2010, 03:50 PM
Yeah but...here's a link about this that you might find interesting.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201002/the-savanna-principle
The "Scientific Fundamentalist" discusses the "Savanna Principle". That principle states that our brains evolved when we used to live in the African Savanna. In the last 10,000 years, how we live has greatly changed, but our brains haven't been able to keep up. Our brains are still adapted to live in extended clans of about 150 people.

He calls himself the scientific fundamentalist because he believes that the scientists only duty is to discover and report the truth. And the truth might not always be politically correct. Yes, we're more complex than wolves, but in many ways our civilized personalities are superficial and cover a more primitive person underneath. I'll gladly not use the offending terminology if you can demonstrate that the evidence is weak. If your position is that the evidence is compelling, but you just don't like it, then, sorry, no can do.

So do you think humans live in society based on the alpha/beta hierarchy, much like wolves and that this is based on the Savanna principle?

Steady Eddy
06-06-2010, 04:06 PM
So do you think humans live in society based on the alpha/beta hierarchy, much like wolves and that this is based on the Savanna principle?Did you look at the link? Kanazawa also co-authored the book, "Why Beautiful People Have More Daughters: From Dating, Shopping, and Praying, to Going to War and Becoming a Billionaire - Two Evolutionary Psychologists Explain Why We Do What We Do", which is very interesting. I found a copy in Barnes and Noble's discount section. An older book, "How the Mind Works" by Pinker, is also good.

To answer your question, the author states that it's no surprise that president Clinton pursued other women, after all, that's why he became president, (although this was subconscious). So, yes, we have a hierarchy much like wolves, (but again, our subconscious suppresses this. Recall what being in public school was like. Is that really so inferior to what wolves do? Is Tiger Woods behavior shocking? The authors say it's no surprise, that's how men will be. Their arguments are compelling, even if they're unflattering. I'd still say that women don't want to marry a poor man, even if he is sensitive.

Legend of Borg
06-06-2010, 05:08 PM
Interesting article. The problem I have with the phrase "alpha male" is the way it is defined in society. Many tend to see it as being dominant and having an overbearing macho attitude which is where I disagree. "Alpha" in my mind is about being independent from others' opinions and as well as having a clear goal.

Steady Eddy
06-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Interesting article. The problem I have with the phrase "alpha male" is the way it is defined in society. Many tend to see it as being dominant and having an overbearing macho attitude which is where I disagree. "Alpha" in my mind is about being independent from others' opinions and as well as having a clear goal.Personally, I can't stand to be around guys who have an overbearing macho attitude. They're often hyper-competitive, also. A funny thing about the phrase 'alpha male' is that I just read that our society isn't clear about who is and who isn't. They used the example that a man who collects garbage for a company, might be the best player on their softball team. So his status depends on context.

At any rate the time a gal told me she liked that I seemed to be the leader occurred when I was with some easily led guys. Maybe it's better to be a 'big fish in a small pond'? Good advice might be to do an approach when you're at your best? If you're a hotshot tennis player, then the tennis club might work better than school, if you're a poor student, for example.

Tina
06-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Unbelievable! The thread is still alive. Superfly, don't forget to let us know your success ^_^. Take cares!!

Kobble
06-06-2010, 06:59 PM
That's nothing. I knew a guy who said he would ask women out at a red light. His line: "Hey, you wanna' go back to my apartment?"

After seeing his girlfriend, I abandoned the thought of such a strategy.

Tina
06-06-2010, 07:03 PM
That's nothing. I knew a guy who said he would ask women out at a red light. His line: "Hey, you wanna' go back to my apartment?"

Really, that's terrible. Thank you for letting me know about this.

dropshot winner
06-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Just wanted to thank for your replies (didn't have time to read them all yet). It was a very busy weekend (even missed the RG final), and the next weeks at work look like I won't be spending much time here, if any. So don't expect some live soap-opera :)

In the meantime I came to the conclusion to lay the facts on the table in the next few days.

I only saw her for an hour or two on friday and I didn't get the chance to talk to her in private, and the rest of the weekend neither me or she was around. At least I got her friend-request on facebook (which I hate, btw) this morning, so I now have a chance to write her directly.

I'm still got my doubts if writing her is the right choice, doesn't seem very personal to me. But as there are always people around her, writing her during the day (when she's more or less alone at work) probably isn't the worst idea.

Honestly I'm not very optimistic at this point, she's the kind of girl that could have 99.9% of all straight men on the planet, and some gay ones probably too. But I definately need an answer, even if I risk not getting the one I'm looking for.

Well that's it for the moment, not sure I'm going to write more in this thread, whatever happens, but thanks again for the replies. Putting my thoughts in words definately helped me realize that I can't just wait for some moment when everything's perfect.

bezs
06-07-2010, 12:10 AM
Break a leg dropshot winner.

dropshot winner
06-07-2010, 12:34 AM
Break a leg dropshot winner.

Thanks!

10chars

dropshot winner
06-07-2010, 12:53 AM

Didn't see that post before.

With "idiots" I meant drunk guys who thought she's a onenight-stand girl and kept trying even after it was painfully obvious that she's not interested.

It was actually hilarious, one guy kept asking her for the phone-number while me and a friend were standing a few feet away. He just didn't back up. After a while she told him that she only shares facebook, but that she was very difficult to find and that the guy should give her his name.
He wrote his name on a piece of paper and gave it to her. While the guy got a beer she threw the paper away and we left. She told me that this works almost every time when she wants to be left alone.

If anything, the way she rejected those guys gave me more confidence. She isn't easy to get, and with macho-attitude it seems you have even less of a chance.
Besides I don't have to protect her from anything. She's gone through more than most 40 year olds have, and did just fine. She knows how to take care of herself.

lovecr717
06-07-2010, 03:51 AM

i totally understand that but in my case im a girl who is trying to ask a guy out :(

Power Player
06-07-2010, 05:41 AM

Classic case right here of putting a girl on a pedestal.

You shouldn't tell her your feelings at all..that's what girls do. Be a man and quit pretending you are living in a romance movie. Girls like men who are confident. Look into her eyes, make physicial contact when appropriate, joke around with her and don't kiss her ***.

NVM, I read the rest of your posts. Hopeless. the Facebook friend add thing..ohhh..wow. You have a lot to learn dude. Oh well, you are probably young.

sureshs
06-07-2010, 06:16 AM
Yeah but...here's a link about this that you might find interesting.

It is quite well known. In management theory, it is called "tribe" and "tribal knowledge." People have a sense of community till about the size of 150. Then they don't feel connected any more.

The idea that a primitive person lurks beneath has been known for many centuries, and was formalized by Freud. The inner core of the brain, the lumbar region, which evolved first, is reptilian in origin.

Nothing to like or dislike about such things. Just accept it. Also accept that certain laws are needed in human society due to the conscious ability to do evil (because of the complexity of the brain) that animals don't have.

dropshot winner
06-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Tell her what you just told us and do it before this festival because if you do it there and thing dont go your way, its probably going to be a bit awkward at first.
You derserve a medal for this advice.

Because that was the final push I needed. Told her everything. She reacted amazingly well (could've been very awkard) and we had a very deep conversation. Unfortunately the whole thing is even more complicated than I thought (a lot), but that connection I thought we had goes both ways. I regret nothing, on the contrary.

All I can and want to say at this point is that she's an amazing woman and we're really looking forward to go to the open air festival.

Well that was my last post in this thread, good n8.

LameTennisPlayer
06-07-2010, 02:16 PM

haha laugh my frikeen a** off, maybe he should get a car without tinted windows

*breaksracquet
06-07-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm all for women making the first move and have done so myself once or twice, but the way I see it is if a man doesn't have the confidence to approach me he is probably lacking in other qualities I am interested in.

I agree. I bought my girlfriend an unexpected B-day present (a card and teddy bear that she still holds on to) and I tipped her off that I liked her. She asked me to go out with her and 8 years later she is now my wife.... and she she said no to two of my best friends in HS...

Bad Dog
06-08-2010, 05:40 AM

Perhaps you may not be aware of the well-known film – There’s Something About Mary – advocating the relevance of pre-first date vital fluid release (and tandem hair gel application). :)

Bad Dog
06-08-2010, 05:45 AM
I agree. I bought my girlfriend an unexpected B-day present (a card and teddy bear that she still holds on to) and I tipped her off that I liked her. She asked me to go out with her and 8 years later she is now my wife.... and she she said no to two of my best friends in HS...

This is highly inspiring. Finding a woman who appreciates a man who appreciates her is like finding four leaves on the same stem in the vast clover patch of life.

SuperFly
06-08-2010, 12:31 PM
So thanks to all of your help, I finally got the balls to ask her. But, there's a hitch. She said, "I'm not sure, we'll see." uhmm... :-? I mean, I'm proud of myself for summoning the courage to ask her, but I kind of got left hanging here.

flyer
06-08-2010, 12:42 PM

she cant say yes if you dont ask her out my man, shes probably as nervous ask you are...

just ask her, whether she says yes or no you wont regret it...

if she says yes dont be overly romantic and fancy that gets awkward, just be casual and fun...

good luck man!

decades
06-08-2010, 01:13 PM
Didn't see that post before.

With "idiots" I meant drunk guys who thought she's a onenight-stand girl and kept trying even after it was painfully obvious that she's not interested.

It was actually hilarious, one guy kept asking her for the phone-number while me and a friend were standing a few feet away. He just didn't back up. After a while she told him that she only shares facebook, but that she was very difficult to find and that the guy should give her his name.
He wrote his name on a piece of paper and gave it to her. While the guy got a beer she threw the paper away and we left. She told me that this works almost every time when she wants to be left alone.

If anything, the way she rejected those guys gave me more confidence. She isn't easy to get, and with macho-attitude it seems you have even less of a chance.
Besides I don't have to protect her from anything. She's gone through more than most 40 year olds have, and did just fine. She knows how to take care of herself.

to me it sounds like she enjoys the attention and enjoys being able to reject them. Perhaps in a subtle way she knows how to "invite" it. So she has a troubled past I see? That tends to bring out the "saviour" in men.

Tina
06-08-2010, 01:20 PM
So thanks to all of your help, I finally got the balls to ask her. But, there's a hitch. She said, "I'm not sure, we'll see." uhmm... :-? I mean, I'm proud of myself for summoning the courage to ask her, but I kind of got left hanging here.

Not a big ideal, SuperFly. She is thinking about it now. I bet she is surprised about your invitation. Personally, it took me two months to say "Yes":)

dropshot winner
06-08-2010, 01:24 PM
to me it sounds like she enjoys the attention and enjoys being able to reject them. Perhaps in a subtle way she knows how to "invite" it. So she has a troubled past I see? That tends to bring out the "saviour" in men.

Except for the last sentence, you couldn't be more wrong.

Now I know that I never misjudged her character for a second.
It's not going to be an average relationship, but I can safely say that every other girl feels like a massive compromise at this point (no offense, ladies!).

I got no reason to post here any further. You on the other hand should start realizing that there's not just one type of girls.

SuperFly
06-08-2010, 01:41 PM
just wait till you grow a little older, then you can hire hookers, and it will all be fine..

After watching that South Park episode about Butters opening up his own "Kissing" company, I'm going to stay away from them. :wink:

maverick66
06-08-2010, 04:02 PM

Its not gonna happen. If she saw you as someone she wanted to date she would have said yes. The good news is you put yourself out there. You were bummed for not asking and you did so mission accomplished. Now to find another lovely girl to talk to and your on your way to being a man.:)

ODYSSEY Mk.4
06-08-2010, 04:06 PM
At least you gave it a go :)

SuperFly
06-08-2010, 04:51 PM
^^ Thanks broskis. But now the question is: did I just screw up our friendship for good? Tune in later :-?

Justdoit10
06-08-2010, 06:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrgXdjFaoQ

autumn_leaf
06-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Not a big ideal, SuperFly. She is thinking about it now. I bet she is surprised about your invitation. Personally, it took me two months to say "Yes":)

it took you 2 months to say yes to a date?!?!? wow.... was the guy persistent during this time or did he just give you space?

i seem to always pick the girls with problems giving straight responses. my theory has been a maybe is 90% chance of a no so just move on. when i'm persistent about getting an answer i feel like a freakin' stalker or something and just drop it.

Tina
06-08-2010, 07:35 PM
it took you 2 months to say yes to a date?!?!? wow.... was the guy persistent during this time or did he just give you space?

i seem to always pick the girls with problems giving straight responses. my theory has been a maybe is 90% chance of a no so just move on. when i'm persistent about getting an answer i feel like a freakin' stalker or something and just drop it.

Yeah, he was very persistent about it. He came to my dorm every Saturday noon with one dozen roses. He also gave me space as well. Then, we were together for 3 years.

Steady Eddy
06-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Its not gonna happen. If she saw you as someone she wanted to date she would have said yes.
No one knows the future perfectly, but this is very likely true. Most people don't enjoy rejecting others, so if the request is unexpected they don't have a plan for how to say no. But no one has a problem saying yes, if that's what they want. When people audition for roles in movies and plays the standard line is, "Don't call us, we'll call you." Who can blame them? But let's not be obtuse about what that means.

OKUSA
06-08-2010, 08:15 PM
i did the same thing in 9th grade, i never asked her out and then my best friend did and they were together for 3 years. i don't blame him at all, it's my fault fully

i still regret it to this day, but what can ya do.

Kobble
06-08-2010, 09:04 PM
haha laugh my frikeen a** off, maybe he should get a car without tinted windowsHe said his boss told him that was how he was such a player. Long story short. He supposedly asked him how he gets so many different women. His boss replies, you just gotta' ask, man. Meaning, anywhere and any time. Not sure I believe it.

On a side note, there was a women complaining on a radiostation about a guy she sees going to work in the morning in a work truck, and he would always try to flag her down when stuck in traffic. LOL She said one day, he pulled up in his truck, obviously with no shirt on at least, and said, "Hey, baby, I'm naked." I was like, holyshit, did that guy take his game to another level? HAHAHA...too funny.

dropshot winner
06-09-2010, 05:35 AM

Here's what you should do: become rich, (say be a doctor, or surgeon). Hold off getting committed until you're really set up. Then you'll have your pick of women. At this time, if you have to wonder, that probably spells bad news right there. But if you can set goals, your time will come. Later, when the high school jocks are working at their miserable jobs, you'll do much better than them. In adult life, brains and education count much more than playing silly games. So for now, keep your options open and hit the books.

Wanted to stop writing in this thread a while ago, but as I can't concentrate (has been the case for the whole week) anyway I'll reply to this.

- No, I'm not "extremly popluar". Couldn't care less about dozens of buddys, I rather have a few really good friends.

- I'm not rich either, but I earn well (a bit more than she does).

- Not sure what you mean with jock, does that mean d1ck? I'm probably slightly over average, definately got no issues with it but I'm not a p0rnstar either.

I probably fit the description of a average guy, or how you put it, a nobody.
I'm not religious at all, but I can safely say that I got higher moral standards than most guys my age. Yet you won't ever see me going around to tell the girls how they should get to know me.

By superficial american standards she's probably a 8 or 9. I on the other hand am a 6 at best if you go by physcial appearence, a 5 before I started working out (I'm still not cut like an athlete).

You're right, from most people's view point the girl in question is not in my leage. And you know what, I'm cool with that.

10% of americans got depressions, less than 1% of Nigerians got depressions. It's all a matter of being able to put things into perspective.

I went "all in" with my confession. With most girls of that caliber I would've risked severe ridicule.

It was a leap of faith like I've never done. As it turned out I also chose one of the worst possible moments, but you know what? She didn't let me fall!

For the record, I HATE those cheap love-flicks. Ironically my life currently seems to follow the same script...

I can only suggest you all ask the girls of your dreams.
I wouldn't suggest you do it like me, because that kind of confession won't work with many girls.

It takes a lot of balls, makes you VERY vulnerable, and there's so much that can go wrong.
I wouldn't ever have done what I did if she hadn't told me her lows like it was nothing before I really got to know her.

In a situation like mine the odds are horrible, but from time to time someone's going to get the jackpot.

I still can't believe it's me.

Tina
06-19-2010, 04:04 PM
Superfly,

Did you ask her out on a date again? You gotta keep on trying.

Dominik
06-20-2010, 02:06 PM
Superfly,

Did you ask her out on a date again? You gotta keep on trying.

Don't do it! She's only going to reject you, embarrass you in front of the entire school, and ruin your dreams of being an international hip hop sensation. You're much better off alone and without girl experience. They bite, y'know? I bet no one's warned you...

^^I'm obv kidding, just do it. Live for the moment, don't accumulate "what could have been" regrets.

Tina
06-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Don't do it! She's only going to reject you, embarrass you in front of the entire school, and ruin your dreams of being an international hip hop sensation. You're much better off alone and without girl experience. They bite, y'know? I bet no one's warned you...

^^I'm obv kidding, just do it. Live for the moment, don't accumulate "what could have been" regrets.

You are trying to challenge me, aren't you?:)

Dominik
06-20-2010, 06:02 PM
You are trying to challenge me, aren't you?:)

Not so fast! I was merely giving the poor guy some advice :)

SuperFly
06-20-2010, 07:01 PM
Tina, I was happy to let this thread die. Did you have to revive it?

No, I haven't. I haven't seen her since that day. I might run into her at a party this summer, but until then, no.

In fact, I haven't been to a party yet this summer. Most of those parties are going on too far away for me to go to. I've been soul-searching.

Tina
06-20-2010, 07:32 PM
Tina, I was happy to let this thread die. Did you have to revive it?

No, I haven't. I haven't seen her since that day. I might run into her at a party this summer, but until then, no.

In fact, I haven't been to a party yet this summer. Most of those parties are going on too far away for me to go to. I've been soul-searching.

Hope everything is well with you ya, Superfly. Next time, you might ask her out with some roses. Don't forget to give her time and space to think about your invitation :)

Power Player
06-21-2010, 05:25 AM
Superfly, do not ask the girl out with roses. I am sure you know this already, but I just wanted to reinforce how horribly bad this idea is.

I would suggest that you find at least 3 girls that are a half level below the girl you want and go after them. Even if you are not completely into them, just flirt and see how interested you can get them. This will build your confidence more then anything because you are going to be interacting with different girls and learning their personalities and what to say.

The worst thing a young guy can do is waste his time focused on one girl when there are a ton out there. Not only does keeping an open mind with girls massivley boost your confidence and experience, it also may show you that the original girl was not as great as you thought. You need to learn how to create options before you can get the girl of your dreams. All the "hot guys" in high school are desired by girls simply because they have options and girls know it.

Sorry to bump the thread, but I wanted to fire off some real world advice that actually works.

Kobble
06-21-2010, 08:52 AM
Superfly, do not ask the girl out with roses. I am sure you know this already, but I just wanted to reinforce how horribly bad this idea is.

I would suggest that you find at least 3 girls that are a half level below the girl you want and go after them. Even if you are not completely into them, just flirt and see how interested you can get them. This will build your confidence more then anything because you are going to be interacting with different girls and learning their personalities and what to say.

The worst thing a young guy can do is waste his time focused on one girl when there are a ton out there. Not only does keeping an open mind with girls massivley boost your confidence and experience, it also may show you that the original girl was not as great as you thought. You need to learn how to create options before you can get the girl of your dreams. All the "hot guys" in high school are desired by girls simply because they have options and girls know it.

Sorry to bump the thread, but I wanted to fire off some real world advice that actually works.And they have options because all the girls simply desire them. I highly doubt very many women liked me because they heard it through the grape vine. I don't date in cliques. That seemed to be necessary from middle school to 22 to stay in the majority with all the peer pressure. Last 6 years, I date who I like. Now, I do better. Truthfully, I don't know why I do better. I thought I was better looking in High School. I know one thing is for sure, I don't hang around ******bag pals and so-called friends anymore. I'll give anyone this advice, don't hang around people you don't like for a split second, EVER.

Just a list of examples worthy of the one strike and you are out policy:

1. If they say the girl you like is a *****. Yeah, last guy that said someone I liked was a *****, turned out she just doesn't like punks.

2. They ever criticize a shirt, or clothing for hardly any reason. Like, "[Insert college team} sucks." Or anything like that.

3. Poke fun at stuff you own. No matter what.

4. Try to clown you around a girl at any point in your friendship. If they say **** like, "You need a haircut." Or anything like that when a girl is in listening distance.

5. Try to act badass when some girl is around, and maybe dictate the situation. For instance, they get physical out of the blue, or start saying stuff like, "Let's stop at [blank] on the way back," like they are telling you where to drive in front of this chick.

I tolerated so much **** just because people were convenient for tennis, sports, parties, school, work, whatever. Forget that junk. The last straw for me was when some drunk kid chased away some girl I was talking to. People are jealous bums.

Power Player
06-21-2010, 09:39 AM
Wow..I think you missed the point of my post, but after reading the following link all I can do is suggest counseling of some sort.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=334378

Kobble
06-21-2010, 10:54 AM
Wow..I think you missed the point of my post, but after reading the following link all I can do is suggest counseling of some sort.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=334378

I got the point. One of the points was wrong. All the other stuff I wrote was simply saying what most people ignore. Some of that stuff happened to me personally, and others have admitted to doing similar to other people. Like referring to some kid as Big Bird or something whenever he left for a bit. I'm saying, people can monkey wrench your social life. Watch out for those kind.

As for that other topic. I'm not a fan of political correctness.

Power Player
06-21-2010, 11:49 AM
Actually the point was not wrong at all, but you probably are not at the level of maturity required to grasp that yet. I knew plenty of guys who weren't great looking in HS, but their confidence and charisma raised them to another level with the girls.

Tina
06-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Not so fast! I was merely giving the poor guy some advice :)

I am a tough woman. Don't mess with me:). Keep that in mind!:wink:

Dominik
06-21-2010, 08:46 PM
I am a tough woman. Don't mess with me:). Keep that in mind!:wink:

Haha I'm not at all scared of you :P

For the above posts... Everyone has options, some people just realize that faster than others and project confidence/maintain distance with that realization.

Something to keep in mind - it's likely that the best looking girls are often the loneliest. Be confident and you'll do well.

Tina
06-21-2010, 08:50 PM
Something to keep in mind - it's likely that the best looking girls are often the loneliest. Be confident and you'll do well.

Just wanted to let you know I am a very confident woman:)
I am very picky with selection of an ideal man;)

Leelord337
06-22-2010, 12:38 AM

don't worry! i thought i was never going to meet a girl as i never put myself out on the market but i did :P mainly because my friend matt yelled "lee likes you!" super loud at the tennis court as she was hitting w/her ball machine and i had to say hi, ended up taking her on a date and now we've been dating for 3 months...i would say just follow your instincts and it will come naturally

Kobble
06-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Actually the point was not wrong at all, but you probably are not at the level of maturity required to grasp that yet. I knew plenty of guys who weren't great looking in HS, but their confidence and charisma raised them to another level with the girls.
Well, going out with "lower level" people might be good for some people's confidence, but then you have to ask why most guys can't ask out that hottest girl. Obviously, there is a big leap to be made, and most people don't make it. Everybody supposedly wants to, but they don't. Howard Stern and Dave Letterman come off as confident, but I don't know any women who like them. They have the confidence and the money. On the other hand, Tommy Haas gets compliments all the time. You could describe Tommy as actually less confident than Dave and Howard; certainly, less money and power. As for charisma, charisma is specific to the beholder. I knew girls who don't really like Safin, and many say he has it all.

Dominik
06-22-2010, 02:22 PM
Just wanted to let you know I am a very confident woman:)
I am very picky with selection of an ideal man;)

I am a tough woman.
I am a very confident woman

Haha where is all of this coming from and who are you really trying to convince? :twisted:

Dominik
06-22-2010, 02:24 PM
don't worry! i thought i was never going to meet a girl as i never put myself out on the market but i did :P mainly because my friend matt yelled "lee likes you!" super loud at the tennis court as she was hitting w/her ball machine and i had to say hi, ended up taking her on a date and now we've been dating for 3 months...i would say just follow your instincts and it will come naturally

Aww that's cute! As long as she loves Federer I'm very happy for you :)

Tina
06-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Haha where is all of this coming from and who are you really trying to convince? :twisted:

No one. Please do not think too much;). Have a great evening!

dennis1188
06-23-2010, 03:04 AM
i.e. 'Just do it' now, before they (the past) come for u too.
Life is short.

zapvor
06-23-2010, 04:29 AM
wow this thread is pretty funny

SuperFly
06-23-2010, 07:07 AM

I created a horrible, horrible monster.

Power Player
06-23-2010, 08:06 AM
Everybody supposedly wants to, but they don't. Howard Stern and Dave Letterman come off as confident, but I don't know any women who like them.

Really? Why don't you ask Beth the model that Stern married about that one. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Tina
06-24-2010, 02:36 PM
Really? Why don't you ask Beth the model that Stern married about that one. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Just by reading your several posts, I wonder you have really love a woman:).

Dominik
06-24-2010, 04:31 PM

I think Power Player is actually the guy from this commercial in real life...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbfgUE

Tina
06-24-2010, 05:24 PM
I think Power Player is actually the guy from this commercial in real life...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbfgUE

That's funny. I want to have a bet with you. Care to challenge with me?

My prediction is Power Player is not yet married. Each relationship will be no longer than 6 months. In his relationship, woman would initiate the conversation with him before breaking up.

If my prediction is wrong, I would write you a friendly post each day for two weeks at TTW.
If my prediction is right, you have to write me a friendly post each day for two weeks at TTW.

How does this sound? -Tina

Dominik
06-24-2010, 07:34 PM
That's funny. I want to have a bet with you. Care to challenge with me?

My prediction is Power Player is not yet married. Each relationship will be no longer than 6 months. In his relationship, woman would initiate the conversation with him before breaking up.

If my prediction is wrong, I would write you a friendly post each day for two weeks at TTW.
If my prediction is right, you have to write me a friendly post each day for two weeks at TTW.

How does this sound? -Tina

You're just finding excuses to talk to me!

Define "friendly post." So if any one of your clauses are incorrect then I win? I like my odds :)

maverick66
06-24-2010, 07:36 PM
I created a horrible, horrible monster.

why Tina seems to have found her soulmate. Her and Dominik seem perfect for each other.:)

Dominik
06-24-2010, 07:40 PM
why Tina seems to have found her soulmate. Her and Dominik seem perfect for each other.:)

Hah sorry I don't go for girls that play tennis! Strict rule, no exceptions.

Tina
06-24-2010, 08:02 PM
Define "friendly post." So if any one of your clauses are incorrect then I win? I like my odds :)

Well, if one of the clauses is incorrect, I win.
If two of the clauses are incorrect, I win
If three of the clauses are incorrect, you win.

The winner will enjoy reading a thread created by the loser under odds section. The loser has to write at least one post per day. The content of the post must be positive, meaningful, and creative. These posts might be a poem, song, joke, and anything that the loser could think of in that particular day. There is no bad language and/or flirting language involved in each post.

Do you like this ideal or no ideal? Any modifications/suggestions? -Tina

Tina
06-24-2010, 08:04 PM

Hah sorry I don't go for girls that play tennis! Strict rule, no exceptions.

Hello guys,

It's just a friendly game. Please do not think too much. Thanks.

-Tina

Larrysümmers
06-24-2010, 08:15 PM
Hello guys,

-Tina

sounds like a flirtatious game, no?

Tina
06-24-2010, 08:20 PM
sounds like a flirtatious game, no?

You are thinking too much.

Larrysümmers
06-24-2010, 08:21 PM
or you are in denial :P

Tina
06-24-2010, 08:22 PM
or you are in denial :P

I do not know what you are talking about. Are you still in high school?

Larrysümmers
06-24-2010, 08:27 PM
did my avatar give it away?

Tina
06-24-2010, 08:30 PM
did my avatar give it away?

Then, you will not understand what is meaning of gambling. One day you will learn about it. Take cares. Thanks. -T

Larrysümmers
06-24-2010, 08:35 PM
i play scratch-off if that counts?

maverick66
06-24-2010, 08:37 PM
Hello guys,

-Tina

you were flirting. Its ok to flirt but to deny it is not. :(

Tina
06-24-2010, 08:38 PM

You bet, Zapvor:)

Tina
06-24-2010, 08:39 PM
you were flirting. Its ok to flirt but to deny it is not. :(

I am not flirting. It's a gambling, Maverick. Please do not think too much.

maverick66
06-24-2010, 08:41 PM
I dont think to much of it. Trust me I know internet forum flirting. I dont know much in this world but that I know.:)

Larrysümmers
06-24-2010, 08:42 PM
I dont think to much of it. Trust me I know internet forum flirting. I dont know much in this world but that I know.:)

i agree with you there

OrangeOne
06-24-2010, 08:43 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq2KgzKETBw] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq2KgzKETBw)

Cue the slow dancing....

Tina
06-24-2010, 08:46 PM

That means you do not have a lot of work experiences in life, maverick. Would you mind dropping your imagination; I and Dominik can continue discussing our bet. In the words, please do not involve in this anymore. Thank you. -T

Tina
06-24-2010, 08:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq2KgzKETBw] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq2KgzKETBw)

Cue the slow dancing....

I loved this song when I was in college:)

maverick66
06-24-2010, 08:47 PM

Cue the slow dancing....

I was so gonna post this. It was screaming to be posted. Good call OO.

That means you do not have a lot of working experiences in life, maverick. Would you mind dropping your imagination; I and Dominik can continue discussing our bet. In the words, please do not involve in this anymore. Thank you. -T

Wow that was mean and unnecessary. Everyone is joking a little and you tell me off. Whats up with that?

Tina
06-24-2010, 08:56 PM

Hey Dominik,

Email me if you agree/disagree and/or modify the rules I set up. I don't want nonsense people involved in our bet. Thank you.

-Tina

Power Player
06-25-2010, 06:58 AM

Tina
06-25-2010, 09:01 AM
--------

I am sorry if you are offended by what I said, Power Player. I drank a little bit last night;). The other posters are teenagers. Have a great day! By the way, I like your response:)

-Tina

Larrysümmers
06-25-2010, 09:15 AM
What does the posters being teenagers have to do with anything?

maverick66
06-25-2010, 09:52 AM
What does the posters being teenagers have to do with anything?

Im not even a teenager.:(