PDA

View Full Version : HEAD or WILSON ?

doriancito
05-16-2005, 06:34 PM
I dont know if this question has a obvious answer but let me tell you....i am a HEAD fan i t has great technologies that amaze people ....flexpoint...liquid metal....intelligence...titanium this are all technologies that you are able to enjoy during your game but...wilson? i mean...it has the encode frame which makes the frame harder i think....liquidmetal makes it harder and larger sweetspot.. so what is god on wilson technologies that work!

antontd
05-16-2005, 06:43 PM
And how exactly do enjoy those technologies? Are we voting for their marketing departments or something else?

HeadFed
05-16-2005, 06:44 PM
u get brainwashed by all the super technologies... but ill say head since thats what i use

doriancito
05-16-2005, 06:45 PM
no.....for the technolgies...i mean in between flexpoint and the past liquidmetal....flexpoint has a better ball feel...believe me YOU FEEL THE DIFFERENCE! and you can see it very clearly even out of the court...you can bend the racquet easly.. but what about wilson?

ffrpg
05-16-2005, 06:48 PM
I enjoy racquets from both companies. When it comes down to it, I prefer my PS 85 over my Prestige Classic. The Prestige is the only thing I like from Head. I enjoy the Rok, Tour 90, nCode 90, and the PS 85 from Wilson. My vote goes to Wilson.

Grimjack
05-16-2005, 07:16 PM
I think the ongoing PS6.1 series is the best thing either company has going right now, but I still give Head the nod in a straight-up vote, just because my PT's are still carrying the load all these years later.

Flexpoint...Liquidmetal...nanotech...all bollocks.

foetz
05-16-2005, 07:33 PM
prince :-D

thatonedue
05-16-2005, 07:51 PM
head liquidmetal, straight up. the flexpoint radical is one of the worst racquets ive hit with. ncode aint bad but still: head liquimetal, straight up.

Coda
05-16-2005, 09:34 PM
wow...it's equal as of now.

personally, head frames just have never felt good enough to play with(haven't hit with the prestige classic yet). I love the way the original prostaffs play and feel...like magic!...that can't be said about any of the new prostaffs or of the new prestiges.

nViATi
05-16-2005, 09:41 PM
seriously, who cares about what technology is in your racquet as long as you love it? judge a racquet by how it performs not what it is made of. it's like saying that a swiss person must be pro @ tennis because federer is also swiss.

doriancito
05-17-2005, 06:31 AM
Too little votes.....need ore i think head and wilson are the top brands on tennis but bettween both which wins on technologies???

allcourter
05-17-2005, 08:49 AM
Don't like Wilson 'cause its products gave me Tennis Elbow and no feel. I 've been using Prince DB 26 MP for a long time and loved it. Head i. and Ti are good but Flexpoint is suck big time.

doriancito
05-17-2005, 09:09 AM
Why do many people say flexpoint suck? its a wonderful racquet with good maneurabilty and power and control.....just what many people need.

safin_protege
05-17-2005, 10:40 AM
The Head players' racuet line of the Prestige suits me better than the Prostaffs and Tour 90s of Wilson. Head strives to create a more classic firm feel, while Wilson tries to make its racquets too stiff for the new 'power craze'.

Lakoste
05-17-2005, 12:47 PM
i like wilson prostaffs so i vote is for them

pro_staff
05-17-2005, 03:48 PM
wilson pro staff :)

orangeRetriever
05-17-2005, 05:03 PM
i have to admit, i was a head fan for a while, their technology just seemed to catch my attention. back in the intelligence days, it was like: whoaaa it decreases vibration so that it can be controlled more?!?! cool, but that just meant a stiffer racket.
tech means just about nothing, have you hit with the liquidmetal prestieges or radicals?? sure they feel like liquid and metal in one, not the feel you'll want. i'm not gonna say anything bout the flexpoint cause i haven't tried it, but man, they threw away the liquid metal pretty quick didn't they?
if you haven't tried a wilson prostaff i HIGHLY reccomend just hitting with one, it doesn't have to be a crazy one like ps 6.0 85, or even the ncode 90 just try the prostaff tour 95 or ROK or ncode 95, all just have an awesome feel.
all in the eye of the beholder though, just go with what you like, but give them both a chance please.

Alex
05-17-2005, 05:29 PM
Wilson are more into medium stiff racquet.
And HEAD like to make flexible racquet.

I have the most Wilson's racquets,and 2 HEAD Prestige only,
.... so my vote goes to Wilson.

snoflewis
05-17-2005, 08:46 PM
well...besides the fact that i have a wilson prostaff....i like the original feel of the prostaff tour 95, and ive tried the Liquidmetal 2, but i didnt really like it...so..im goin w/ the wilson

doriancito
05-18-2005, 06:29 AM
WOW! head was wining by lots last time i checked it oput now its wilson! where are the HEAD fans

05-18-2005, 10:13 AM
Well i prefer head frames over wilson (very very slightly). But i use wilson because i can't stand the grips on head. IMO both companies produced a lot of good frames as well as a lot of c rap.