PDA

View Full Version : Breaking up is hard...

cluckcluck
06-06-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm starting to realize that my hitting partner is really holding me back. He can't really feed a ball and there are other nuances that he brings to the court:

He has 3 different racquets, he tends to switch between the 3 between points.

Too much talking about his personal life.

He's overweight and moves very slow.

Every time he hits a winner or ace, he hoots and hollers like he won the USO. WTF?

Any advice for breaking up with him and finding a new hitting partner?

Kenny022593
06-06-2010, 03:52 PM
Keep hitting with him but maybe less frequently? I have hit with my friend who introduced me to the game for the past 3 years but I switched it up and started hitting with more people and him less often. Some time away can always be a good thing :)

jswinf
06-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Move??????

Fedace
06-06-2010, 06:27 PM
I'm starting to realize that my hitting partner is really holding me back. He can't really feed a ball and there are other nuances that he brings to the court:

He has 3 different racquets, he tends to switch between the 3 between points.

Too much talking about his personal life.

He's overweight and moves very slow.

Every time he hits a winner or ace, he hoots and hollers like he won the USO. WTF?

Any advice for breaking up with him and finding a new hitting partner?

Definitely Do not break up. just add other hitting partners to the mix. Still hit with him so he won't go commit suicide. Hit with other guys as well as him and suggest he should do the same, ONLY to improve by having variety,,,that is what you tell him.

Dominik
06-06-2010, 06:50 PM
You have only one hitting partner?? :S

himynameisNIKE
06-06-2010, 07:16 PM
Definitely Do not break up. just add other hitting partners to the mix. Still hit with him so he won't go commit suicide. Hit with other guys as well as him and suggest he should do the same, ONLY to improve by having variety,,,that is what you tell him.

lol i see what u did there

cucio
06-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Hit with other guys as well as him and suggest he should do the same, ONLY to improve by having variety,,,that is what you tell him.

That's actually some shrewd advice.

ODYSSEY Mk.4
06-06-2010, 11:10 PM

I think this is the best post I've seen you make lol

SlapShot
06-07-2010, 01:18 PM

I am on board with this one. Sage advice.

baseline_monster
06-07-2010, 01:21 PM
yeah just make hits less often and hit with more people, he wont realise and may start to use more people him sef

Thomas Crown
i found 2 great hitting partners on kijiji. it took some trial and error first.
what i did last summer when stuck with a partner was just to reduce the frequency of play with him. if he asked if he wanted to hit, i would just tell the truth and say "i have a game lined up with someone else." eventually he got the point.

Fedace
I am on board with this one. Sage advice.

That is what i told my ex-girlfriend,,,and it worked like a charm....

Fedace
06-07-2010, 01:23 PM
i found 2 great hitting partners on kijiji. it took some trial and error first.
what i did last summer when stuck with a partner was just to reduce the frequency of play with him. if he asked if he wanted to hit, i would just tell the truth and say "i have a game lined up with someone else." eventually he got the point.

Yea but if you tell the guy "i got game lineup already" one too many times, then that will be received as Hurtful and offensive and could cause Resentment. and that is what we are trying to avoid,,i think.

sureshs
06-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Tell him it is not him, it is you.

mucat
06-07-2010, 02:07 PM
The grass is always greener...Hey, wait a second...I have 3 rackets...I like to switch them, I love to chit chat, I hoots and hollers sometimes......what do you mean overweight and slow?

cluckcluck
06-07-2010, 05:22 PM
You have only one hitting partner?? :S

Yeah, it's pathetic. I moved to this city not too long ago and I don't know anybody. I've tried craigslist but that usually results in weirdos expecting something "different".

cluckcluck
06-07-2010, 05:25 PM
The grass is always greener...Hey, wait a second...I have 3 rackets...I like to switch them, I love to chit chat, I hoots and hollers sometimes......what do you mean overweight and slow?

You have 3 different racquets or 3 of the same? This guy has 3 different manufacturers in his bag and takes them all to the court and rests the two he's not using on the fence. It's very weird.
Sorry Mucat, it's not me, it's you. :grin:

CanadianChic
06-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Ending a relationship (any relationship) can be either very difficult or a weight off your shoulder. It is all how you perceive the situation. Personally, I tend to surround myself with people who make me happy and ditch the ones who bring me down. My advice is to handle yourself with class and remember that as annoying as this person is to you, they have feelings and if you treat them with respect you will have no regrets. Besides, it's always best to avoid burning bridges because if you burn too many, you may find yourself on an island.

samprasvsfederer123
06-07-2010, 06:12 PM
hire a hooker.......

CanadianChic
06-07-2010, 06:18 PM
^^For whom? Himself or his hitting partner?

West Coast Ace
06-07-2010, 06:23 PM
The grass is always greener...Hey, wait a second...I have 3 rackets...I like to switch them, I love to chit chat, I hoots and hollers sometimes......what do you mean overweight and slow?Bad kitty.

You just look big boned to me.

cluckcluck, the Craigslist blast gave me a bad visual that I could have done without. Things here in the South Bay are already strange - two quakes (3.5, 3.7) in the last 18 hours...

samprasvsfederer123
06-07-2010, 06:44 PM
^^For whom? Himself or his hitting partner?

both need it dearly.

cluckcluck
06-07-2010, 07:19 PM
Bad kitty.

You just look big boned to me.

cluckcluck, the Craigslist blast gave me a bad visual that I could have done without. Things here in the South Bay are already strange - two quakes (3.5, 3.7) in the last 18 hours...

I heard about the quakes, what the deuce??? Where you at?
CL has a lot left to be desired, I'm shocked there are so many *******ed trolls on there.

Fedace
06-07-2010, 07:32 PM
I heard about the quakes, what the deuce??? Where you at?
CL has a lot left to be desired, I'm shocked there are so many *******ed trolls on there.

cluck,,,watch for that 11.0 quake in 2012.....

samprasvsfederer123
06-07-2010, 07:52 PM

in cali? :confused::cry::|

cluckcluck
06-07-2010, 08:06 PM

You mean to tell me the Mayans are actually correct?!?!??! :confused:

Oh and samprasvsfederer123, I'm sure you know of some hookers, got any leads?

jigar
06-07-2010, 08:15 PM
I did exactly the same thing to improve my game.
3.5 years ago when I started hitting with him, I was 2.5 and he was 3-3.5.
Now I am 4.5 and he is 3.5-4.0 best.

Hitting with different players will help you a lot.

Hot Sauce
06-07-2010, 11:48 PM
"It's not you.. it's me"

samprasvsfederer123
06-08-2010, 01:39 PM
this is stupid just say " i want to try with someone else"

why would u even care for offending him, just, watever.

cluckcluck
06-08-2010, 04:43 PM
this is stupid just say " i want to try with someone else"

why would u even care for offending him, just, watever.

Because I am a good person and it's kind of a relationship. Besides, we've kind of become friends over time.

samprasvsfederer123
06-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Because I am a good person and it's kind of a relationship. Besides, we've kind of become friends over time.

then he will understand way better if you just tell him, a real friend comprehends...

mucat
06-08-2010, 07:56 PM
You know, in the USA it is legal to have more than one tennis partner at the same time.

Polaris
06-08-2010, 08:14 PM

You know, in the USA it is legal to have more than one tennis partner at the same time.

ROFL. :)

10 chars.