PDA

View Full Version : Prince TT Warriors cracking. Is this a regular thing?

AndrewD
05-17-2005, 02:16 AM
Played a couple of sets with a friends TT Warrior and thought it wasn't too bad a racquet - not my ideal but pretty good and cheap at the moment. A bit too much power from the baseline and not as controllable as Id like but the pros and cons sort of balance themselves out. I asked him what he thought about them and he said they were good racquets but prone to cracking. Out of 6 frames all purchased at different outlets (three from the States, three from Oz) he's down to his last one, each having cracked in the throat.

Is that something typical of the TT Warrior or has he just had a run of bad luck?

tennisee
05-17-2005, 02:31 AM
Hi Andrew - if this is the MP not the OS I'd say seems to be prone to cracking. I bought a couple of OS from TW and while I was researching I noticed a lot of crack references, but all I think all about MP. This was in the early stages of my (late) tennis interest, and these days I'd be going for an MP. (Now playing an LM Rad MP)
cheers

AndrewD
05-17-2005, 03:33 AM
tennisee,
thanks. Ive just seen a few references (might be the ones you mentioned) to the cracking problem. Does seem to be confined to the mp which is what my friend uses. Yep, the OS is just too much racquet for me LOL. No problem. It was only an idle thought. Midsize frames help alleviate wrist pain for me but I just wanted something a bit more powerful. Will have to keep on looking I guess.

tschevap
05-17-2005, 11:31 AM
Hi Andrew... i had some Warriors myself but had never cracking-problems...but it seems that i was lucky.
Saw two cracked Warriors - both of them on the same spot at the throat.
One of them broke on returning my serve :)! That was either a compliment for my serve or a manufacturing problem by Prince...

Too sad, that i must accept, it must have been the second reason :)
I sold my Warriors some while after that....first of all i was not satisfied with the control i got (too much power)...second reason was the fear of a cracked racket! Shame on Prince - but it was a nice racket indeed